Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/ScottMcHale/status/1485647852755771393?t=MK5DV5xeZqcdMU6mhzbmdw&s=19

https://twitter.com/AhmedSQM/status/1485649567106359305?t=r1c8GWniQKqqL68YSrknVQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Maybe the sign continues on the other side.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tag yourself i'm G for Liable

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

E for racists checkingin

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
b for injustice immediately followed by c for bribes is some modern art

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Karach posted:

Maybe the sign continues on the other side.

The most effective protest signs require a decoder ring imo

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

god my wife lists grievances like that

“Okay. so a) you’re an rear end in a top hat
b) you always say you can do these things then get distracted and leave the house half finished
c) there would be no room in the back for the kids in that car
and on and on

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just list them like this:

A.
2 -
and thirdly,

like a normal person

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
then end with "win-win for everyone"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

How did other emigre groups from the Russian and Austro-Hungarian Empires - I’m thinking the Kashubians in Wilno, ON - not accrue the same sort of influence on Canadian politics? Is it just that the Ukrainians were most useful in crushing the Canadian left?

The closest I can think of is ARVN, ROK and ROC veterans marching in Remembrance Day parades in Toronto and the Veteran’s Day parade at the CNE.

i remember there was some tiff between jewish and ukrainian groups in the 80s over the role of brave ukrainian patriots in, you know, that the canadian government/media hastily tried to paper the cracks over with "the evil soviets are sowing discord" and ended with some pissant canadian judge absolving the SS galician division of any war crimes they might've done

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

quote:

Wet’suwet’en supporters ‘bring the message home,’ build construction site on pipeline executives’ front lawns

This morning, Toronto supporters of the Wet’suwet’en land defense struggle against the Coastal Gaslink pipeline set up construction sites at the Toronto homes of TC Energy Board Chair Siim Vanaselja and Royal Bank of Canada Executive Doug Guzman. The supporters also flyered the neighborhood with photos of the two men with signs warning, “Your neighbour is pushing the Coastal Gaslink pipeline through Wet’suwet’en Territory at gunpoint.”

Hell yeah

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
haha gently caress yes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1485691713159053322

democracy is when you vote once every few years and in between let the adults run things

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Karach posted:

Hell yeah

what should i put on the sign for my fancy designer house ah i know MS LUCIDA SCRIPT

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

wingdings was right there too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Arivia posted:

what should i put on the sign for my fancy designer house ah i know MS LUCIDA SCRIPT

this is a thing in toronto. a lot of very very expensive houses in the neighbourhoods around where that place is have the same thing

i have no idea why, it looks loving terrible

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mila kunis posted:

i remember there was some tiff between jewish and ukrainian groups in the 80s over the role of brave ukrainian patriots in, you know, that the canadian government/media hastily tried to paper the cracks over with "the evil soviets are sowing discord" and ended with some pissant canadian judge absolving the SS galician division of any war crimes they might've done

Incredible. I’m shocked we aren’t paying their pensions - the German government declared the SS a criminal organization postwar and refused to continue their pensions, unlike the Wehrmacht. It seems only fair that Everyday, Middle Class Canadians step up to support these patriots.

lol loving unreal that we had the court step in to protect 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS :

“The Galicia Division (14. Waffen grenadier division der SS [gal. #1]) should not be indicted as a group. The members of Galicia Division were individually screened for security purposes before admission to Canada. Charges of war crimes of Galicia Division have never been substantiated, either in 1950 when they were first preferred, or in 1984 when they were renewed, or before this Commission. Further, in the absence of evidence of participation or knowledge of specific war crimes, mere membership in the Galicia Division is insufficient to justify prosecution.”

“The commission considered the International Military Tribunal's verdict at the Nuremberg Trials, at which the entire Waffen-SS organisation was declared a "criminal organization" guilty of war crimes.Also, in its conclusion, the Deschênes Commission only referred to the division as 14. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (Galizische Nr.1) but rejected such a principle.”

Predictably, our resident Nazis have latched onto this.

What a bullshit, Mickey Mouse country. 12th SS massacres Canadians in Normandy wholesale, Canadians come across all sorts of civilians murdered by the SS in the Netherlands, but a Canadian court rules that membership in 14th SS somehow doesn’t count as a criminal organization, as established at Nuremberg.

This loving country.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Frosted Flake posted:

Charges of war crimes of Galicia Division have never been substantiated, either in 1950 when they were first preferred, or in 1984 when they were renewed, or before this Commission.

holy poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

somehow people keep accusing them of war crimes, but we've looked high and low and just can't find any evidence to corroborate the charges

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The commission’s own findings note that most recruits had previously been in Auxiliary Police units that massacred Poles and Jews, and that the Division was involved in the destruction of numerous Polish villages, but those massacres were mostly carried out by Auxiliary Police.

I’m loving floored.

report is Here

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gently caress, my order of freedom truckers.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Incredible. I’m shocked we aren’t paying their pensions - the German government declared the SS a criminal organization postwar and refused to continue their pensions, unlike the Wehrmacht. It seems only fair that Everyday, Middle Class Canadians step up to support these patriots.

lol loving unreal that we had the court step in to protect 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS :

“The Galicia Division (14. Waffen grenadier division der SS [gal. #1]) should not be indicted as a group. The members of Galicia Division were individually screened for security purposes before admission to Canada. Charges of war crimes of Galicia Division have never been substantiated, either in 1950 when they were first preferred, or in 1984 when they were renewed, or before this Commission. Further, in the absence of evidence of participation or knowledge of specific war crimes, mere membership in the Galicia Division is insufficient to justify prosecution.”

“The commission considered the International Military Tribunal's verdict at the Nuremberg Trials, at which the entire Waffen-SS organisation was declared a "criminal organization" guilty of war crimes.Also, in its conclusion, the Deschênes Commission only referred to the division as 14. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (Galizische Nr.1) but rejected such a principle.”

Predictably, our resident Nazis have latched onto this.

What a bullshit, Mickey Mouse country. 12th SS massacres Canadians in Normandy wholesale, Canadians come across all sorts of civilians murdered by the SS in the Netherlands, but a Canadian court rules that membership in 14th SS somehow doesn’t count as a criminal organization, as established at Nuremberg.

This loving country.

this country has little low key insanely reactionary things that keeping popping up in all kinds of random things. like toronto being the most oranger order infested city outside northern ireland, or canada being pro confederate on like a 5:1 basis in the american civil war

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

A hundred freedumb protestors in the rain in Medicine Hat along the highway. Just grinning like idiots with terrible wet signs protesting vaguely. Is Canads supposed to change the border rules in America to make these idiots happy?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1485691713159053322

democracy is when you vote once every few years and in between let the adults run things

homeowner NPCs weigh in

https://twitter.com/redmcgraw1/status/1485643215625719817

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Garrison publicly kink shaming himself, again.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

From the Findings and Recommendations:

1 - Shortly after World War II, trials were held in Europe for crimes committed against members of the Canadian Armed Forces: four trials involving seven accused were held by the Canadian Forces; at least six other trials involving 28 accused were held by the British Forces on behalf of Canada.

2- In 1948 a stop was put to war crimes trials as a result of a secret suggestion made by the United Kingdom to seven "Dominions", to which Canada responded that it had "no comment to make".

3- The matter of war crimes officially lay dormant in Canada for a third of a century when it was reactivated mainly at the initiative of then Solicitor General, Honourable Robert P. Kaplan, P.C.

4- Canadian policy on war crimes during that long period was not worse than that of several Western countries which displayed an equal lack of interest.

This explains how we, and Australia ended up with them. We made a loving secret deal in 1948 to Paperclip loving collaborators and SS Men. Goddamn.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mila kunis posted:

this country has little low key insanely reactionary things that keeping popping up in all kinds of random things. like toronto being the most oranger order infested city outside northern ireland, or canada being pro confederate on like a 5:1 basis in the american civil war

The Fenian Raids make so much more sense now goddamn. Of course they wanted to strike back at the Orange Order Confederate Sympathizers. Holy poo poo…

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mila kunis posted:

I mean I can kind of see all of that as propping up the lovely British Empire, but lol at trying to prop up the cursed terf island.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what does the lock on his ear mean

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Probably lockdowns

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

blatman posted:

what does the lock on his ear mean

he's one of them homosexuals what wear an earring, also what bunny said

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
lmao the truck convoy organizers apparently designated Central Vet as a food dropoff location, but didn't deign to tell the business owners.

Central Vet is located on Winnipeg's south Perimeter highway, so I guess the organizers thought it was cool if over 9000 semi trucks show up and block their driveway while poor little puppers piss themselves to death waiting to see a vet.

Freedom is discourtesy to legitimate businesses, I guess. Do truckers hate puppies, now?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Karach has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Jan 24, 2022

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The empty shelves rhetoric is loving wild, I don't know what polling the conservatives (federal and provincial) are seeing to support such a minority.

They must be doing it for a reason right?

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

apatheticman posted:

The empty shelves rhetoric is loving wild, I don't know what polling the conservatives (federal and provincial) are seeing to support such a minority.

The conspiracy they're looking for is just capitalism working as it means to, so it's really just reactionary emotion going for a run.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/patdubois/status/1485648184990855170

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

apatheticman posted:

The shelves at my local spirit halloween store have been empty since the start of november. Trudeau needs to resign.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
it is not expected that any will refuse to comply!

also lol at just assuming you'd get a real address

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Frosted Flake posted:

From the Findings and Recommendations:

1 - Shortly after World War II, trials were held in Europe for crimes committed against members of the Canadian Armed Forces: four trials involving seven accused were held by the Canadian Forces; at least six other trials involving 28 accused were held by the British Forces on behalf of Canada.

2- In 1948 a stop was put to war crimes trials as a result of a secret suggestion made by the United Kingdom to seven "Dominions", to which Canada responded that it had "no comment to make".

3- The matter of war crimes officially lay dormant in Canada for a third of a century when it was reactivated mainly at the initiative of then Solicitor General, Honourable Robert P. Kaplan, P.C.

4- Canadian policy on war crimes during that long period was not worse than that of several Western countries which displayed an equal lack of interest.

This explains how we, and Australia ended up with them. We made a loving secret deal in 1948 to Paperclip loving collaborators and SS Men. Goddamn.

the Nazis lost, the fascists won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

apatheticman posted:

Bare v Full grocery store shelves has been a communism v capitalism talking point since the 70s (and probably before.)

The current empty shelves here cannot be capitalism failing, or Kellogg strikes, but MUST be Trudeau messing with things and causing communism to be happening. jerk