Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

He is gonna get mugged isn’t he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Well and now we've seen OldNeet's sexface

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Well that wasn't nearly as big a pile as I expected. That face though...

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Wait is this in yen or was it localised into dollars? I don't remember but if it's yen I don't think that's a particularly large amount.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It's localized into dollars. 100k yen is <1k USD right now.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Millionaire Monday posted:

Yup, in the original Japanese Tohru wins 200 million yen. I've just done the old localizer's trick of dropping two zeros and calling it dollars.

edit: It's actually a pretty convenient number for localization. In English, we use counters for the power of ten in multiples of three (ex. 10^3 = thousand, 10^6 = million, 10^9 = billion, etc.). Japanese uses counters in multiples of four (ex. 10^4 = ten thousand = 万 (man), 10^8 = hundred million = 億 (oku), 10^12 = trillion = 兆 (chou), and so on).

So in the original comic Tohru wins 2 oku yen. Which very nicely becomes 2 million dollars. Bing Bong.

Translator has been dropping two zeros when putting on a dollar sign. Presumably he withdrew 10 million yen.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Izawa is just being his normal self just bumbling through life as it goes but this somehow absolutely terrifies Miura, like his cluelessness is in fact completely self-assured badassness and that's why he didn't properly apologize.

He can't be fired because Miura is scared of what he would do. (which is go along with it, mumble something, lose hairs)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That rear end in a top hat completely is going to ignore the "no spending spree" advice, isn't he.

The best possible situation is that he is just paying off his rent for the next 3 years and keeping a brick of cash on hand to spend on goods for the foreseeable future at a slow and reasonable pace. So that's not happening

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
He's either gonna get mugged or he's gonna buy something reeeeeeeally dumb

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Elukka posted:

Izawa is just being his normal self just bumbling through life as it goes but this somehow absolutely terrifies Miura, like his cluelessness is in fact completely self-assured baldassness and that's why he didn't properly apologize.

He can't be fired because Miura is scared of what he would do. (which is go along with it, mumble something, lose hairs)

Fixed.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Cat Hatter posted:

Translator has been dropping two zeros when putting on a dollar sign. Presumably he withdrew 10 million yen.

Bingo.

This is what $10,000 looks like. So while that stack of $100,000 should probably be a little taller, if you consider that Japanese paper notes are slightly thinner than American ones (about 90%) and Tohru is actually making a little money from my haphazard localization (conversion rate usually fluctuates around 110-120 JPY for 1 USD), then maybe it isn't too far off the mark.

I google it so you don't have to! パーソナル・サービス。

Since I'm in such a good mood y'all can have some criminal timeline today too.

End of Page 97

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
BWHA

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

He's going to be complete right by sheer dumb luck. Calling it now.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

"And that was how the TV personality suffered a fatal brain injury live on air."

"Mean-
while"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

*pulls out katana*

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

he was only grifting until just now, when the powers deigned to give him true sight in his moment of crisis

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
He’s going to confess to being a fraud just before they reveal that they had a substitute sticker board with all the right answers on it.

As we see in both timelines, NEET’s confession inducing aura is strong.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Is it normal to pay with cash in Japan? You'd think the bank would just issue him a credit card and say "thanks for the two mil, knock yourself out." I get that there might be some implication that NEET's been in the pokey for so long that plastic was before his time, but you'd think the bank would be "responsible" for him

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Appoda posted:

Is it normal to pay with cash in Japan? You'd think the bank would just issue him a credit card and say "thanks for the two mil, knock yourself out." I get that there might be some implication that NEET's been in the pokey for so long that plastic was before his time, but you'd think the bank would be "responsible" for him

From what I've heard, credit/debit cards have ridiculously low daily limits. Cash is still king in Japan.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

People even pay their rent in cash in Japan.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

It is worth noting that, for most day to day purchases, the listed price and amounts you pay are in convenient amounts that divide pretty alright into your cash and coins (maybe 100円、 680円、2000円), not bullshit like $2.67 and $7.98 like where I live. Those two 10円 coins as change are better than a pile of dipshit pennies and nickels.

For small casual purchases (vending machine, game center, even some convenience stores) balance from a Suica card can be used in lieu of cash. I have to imagine the overhead from this may be a little simpler than that of major credit card companies. The value is stored on the card, and part of what makes that okay from a reliability and security perspective is that it's more or less limited to these small, casual things (you do not pay your rent with Suica).

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Hatsune Mike posted:

It is worth noting that, for most day to day purchases, the listed price and amounts you pay are in convenient amounts that divide pretty alright into your cash and coins (maybe 100円、 680円、2000円), not bullshit like $2.67 and $7.98 like where I live. Those two 10円 coins as change are better than a pile of dipshit pennies and nickels.

For small casual purchases (vending machine, game center, even some convenience stores) balance from a Suica card can be used in lieu of cash. I have to imagine the overhead from this may be a little simpler than that of major credit card companies. The value is stored on the card, and part of what makes that okay from a reliability and security perspective is that it's more or less limited to these small, casual things (you do not pay your rent with Suica).

I worked in a Japan a couple years ago, and when I did: I was paid in cash. I paid my rent in cash. Everything was done in cash.
You would have an ATM card that let you use an ATM, but you couldn't make purchases with it. Some people didn't even have that. You have a book you can insert into the machine, it would work like the ATM card, and machine'll stamp out your balance and stuff into it. Getting a credit card so I could make online purchases was immensely difficult and met with tons of "You don't need it."

I'm sure it's changed by now, but cash was everything when I lived there.

I once tried to explain to my classes about this whole $42.12 thing and how extremely convenient Japanese prices were, but it definitely went waaaay over everyone's heads, even the co-teachers I think, haha. Tax is already included, so the price listed is the price you pay. It's such a better system. The price listed is the price you pay when you get to the register, not some estimation where you need to know the local tax rate. Also no tipping.

Every single possible thing has a reward points system though.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat, intimidated out of the act...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have been lying the entire time. I couldn't see ghosts, or auras, or anything paranormal...

Until now! Now it's real!

*sheet is pulled away revealing that none of the answers are correct*

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

flavor.flv posted:

I have been lying the entire time. I couldn't see ghosts, or auras, or anything paranormal...

Of course the answers won't be the same. He was lying the first time. Now he really sees the auras.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

Yeah this is exactly what I'm expecting

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

flavor.flv posted:

Lol I can't wait

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
And then the host tosses the sheet back on and asks them to shuffle again.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Holy poo poo crime neet's still there

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

Holy poo poo crime neet's still there

Who

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

There was some bullshit irrelevant prologue to the Enami story. Something about gay babies in jail after some suicides? Didn’t make a ton of sense.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

O shid wat up

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

me, briefly: who's the dickhead in the sunglasses? ooooh, THAT guy

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Cobra Lionfist posted:

No one's pointed out that this is clearly Izawa and Princess' kid. He's got both their trademarks, pig nose and thinning hair .

So many questions.

Will Izawa and Princess get together in the part timer timeline? Did NEET’s presence in their life derail this? (Has it already??) Clearly this panel is fan service.. were posters on the original NEET message board shipping Izawa and Princess??

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

NEET has aged 10 years from the stress of confessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

NEET still has to apologise to his colleagues.