Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Do you think he knew he was at his own birthday party and had an idea it was going to come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1241348429546217475?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Those fake kids have much better impulse control though. Boris might be the only child who failed the Marshmallow Test by trying to gently caress it

deano
Sep 6, 2000

One of these is readable and done by a sober and understandable person, and the other scirbbled nonsense from some one of limited understanding of the real word at large.

deano fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 24, 2022

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

NotJustANumber99 posted:

To be fair, if its was a surprise its not actually his fault that one then is it. Anyway, we await Sue Gray.

Weird he never thought to mention it at any point if he was totally innocent, isn't it? Wonder if he told old Sue G about it during the investigation as well, would be pretty damning if he didn't really, wouldn't it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Weird he never thought to mention it at any point if he was totally innocent, isn't it? Wonder if he told old Sue G about it during the investigation as well, would be pretty damning if he didn't really, wouldn't it.

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1485692714511478785

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

deano posted:

One of these is readable and done by a sober and understandable person, and the other scirbbled nonsense from some one of limited understanding of the real word at large.

Remember how Gordon Brown was basically spitting on the grave of every single one of ARE BRAYV BOIS because his handwriting was a bit scruffy?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

#CarrieAntoinette is trending on twitter.

:gary:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

goddamnedtwisto posted:

the joke in the 90s when it moved to a new building was that the main reason for the move was the need for wider staircases to stop queues forming of prisoners waiting to fall down them.
she wrote an article for Novara which has a particularly chilling line in that sort of vein

https://novaramedia.com/2022/01/24/the-met-just-apologised-for-strip-searching-me-i-dont-believe-a-word-of-it/

quote:

Decisive in the trial, at which I was acquitted, were photographs of my injuries, which my legal representative had taken while I was still in custody. On the stand, the officers couldn’t say where the injuries came from.

“When people come in contact with police, they just start hurting themselves,” was one explanation, delivered with the swaggering authority of one accustomed to being believed

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Doesn't say Boris told her about it though.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Doesn't say Boris told her about it though.

A very cromulent point.

He totally didn't tell her

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They're allowed to lock you up for 24 hours without charge, and a lot of them will milk that for everything it's worth knowing most people can't afford a civil suit for harrassment to stop it, and also how much an unexpected 24 hours away from their work / family / appointments will gently caress things up for them.

They need a reason to arrest, and wrongful arrest cases are extremely costly (for the tax payer)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

willie_dee posted:

They need a reason to arrest, and wrongful arrest cases are extremely costly (for the tax payer)

It's very easy for the police to craft a reason for an arrest. Incredibly easy in fact.

Name the last wrongful arrest case that you heard about?

e2a: It's only costly if someone is refused bail and remanded into custody in prison, but people can be detained in police custody (not the same as prison custody) from 24 hours to 28 days and more for terrorism related activities.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 24, 2022

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just lol. Why is she attaching herself to this? Is she actually that…unwise (to put it politely)

https://twitter.com/nadinedorries/status/1485687149836001283?s=21

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

ThomasPaine posted:

I've read more than my fair share of stories about people with diabetes being locked up overnight (sometimes because officers have wilfully? misinterpreted their symptoms of hypoglycaemia, to make it worse) and having their insulin/equipment/sugar etc taken away for the duration. A few of them nearly died as a result - taking insulin is a medical thing and within the confines of the jail only a doc is allowed to do medical things and they don't come in till 9am, nevermind
if you don't react quickly you might be in a coma in a matter of hours. I could write paragraphs about this but the long and short of it is it's loving horrific and they will kill someone sooner or later because they either don't loving get it or more likely they don't care, and being banged up is honestly one of the scariest things to me because in that situation a bunch of sociopathic screws might as well literally have control over your breathing, 24/7. Terrifying.

Anyway, yes, I can well believe they treated that poor woman like that, ACAB etc.

I’m not defending cops here but this is nonsense, when I’ve been locked up there was a 24/7 nurse in custody at both custody suits with access to a ton of things and 1 was particularly lovely to me about the medication I was on at the time.

I say this because during the kill the bill protest we had some idiots on here claiming that the police had intentionally left a police van out the front for protesters to attack and no police van would ever ever ever park there, and considering I drive past the parking space every day and that is indeed where the cops at that police building do park their cars and vans. I and a few other posters pointed this out. There are entirely legitimate things to criticise the police about, but nonsense needs to be addressed because otherwise it all gets wrapped up as having no credibility.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

fuctifino posted:

It's very easy for the police to craft a reason for an arrest. Incredibly easy in fact.

YouTuber AB was wrongfully arrested the other day for filming Kidderminster police station.

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/19847942.youtuber-auditing-britain-arrested-filming-kidderminster-police-station/

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

fuctifino posted:

e2a: It's only costly if someone is refused bail and remanded into custody in prison, but people can be detained in police custody (not the same as prison custody) from 24 hours to 28 days and more for terrorism related activities.

Indeed, but it’s very different to holding someone without cause for 24 hours, the cause might be made up, but that’s a different story,

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Aidan_702 posted:

Just lol. Why is she attaching herself to this? Is she actually that…unwise (to put it politely)

Because Boris is the only person who will give her a job.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

If it was the same force that have already had to pay him once, he’s going to make a pretty penny for those 5 hours.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Important news

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1485706904705933313?t=PdYyrC8RpwoM1IBt4NTrPQ&s=19

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

I'm not sure it is unwise. She's throwing red meat to the base, and likely getting some air time for herself because it's so brazenly ott

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why did you do this to me, for what reason, what is the charge? eating a cake? a succulent birthday cake.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

imagine wasting your life on conspiracy bullshit :psyduck:

even if milton keynes was a portal to hell... so what? what are you gonna do

just go and enjoy your life ffs

Jump in

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

willie_dee posted:

I’m not defending cops here but this is nonsense, when I’ve been locked up there was a 24/7 nurse in custody at both custody suits with access to a ton of things and 1 was particularly lovely to me about the medication I was on at the time.

I say this because during the kill the bill protest we had some idiots on here claiming that the police had intentionally left a police van out the front for protesters to attack and no police van would ever ever ever park there, and considering I drive past the parking space every day and that is indeed where the cops at that police building do park their cars and vans. I and a few other posters pointed this out. There are entirely legitimate things to criticise the police about, but nonsense needs to be addressed because otherwise it all gets wrapped up as having no credibility.

I'm glad you had a good experience, I guess, but I've read plenty of stories from people who've had the opposite and there's even footage from the states of cops withholding medication from people they've detained. The issue seems to be mostly when people are taken in overnight rather than actual prison, but either way it sounds awful. Type 1 Diabetes in particular is impossible to treat properly behind bars because if you're not allowed sharps in the cell how are you going to fine tune poo poo? Hell, even in the best case scenario where you do have a 24hr nurse on hand who actually gives a poo poo, that would be psychologically traumatising, knowing your continued life was in the hands of a bunch of screws.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

ACROSS

7 A celebration of one's birth, usually involving cake (8,5)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Niric posted:

I'm not sure it is unwise. She's throwing red meat to the base, and likely getting some air time for herself because it's so brazenly ott

Its most likely that whoever succeeds Boris won't be as beholden to the Brexit mob. Dorries is out on her arse the 2nd someone else steps into number 10.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Why did you do this to me, for what reason, what is the charge? eating a cake? a succulent birthday cake.

I really want to see this edit, especially if he does get booted

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I had 24 hours in police custody once.

They didn't offer any evening meal, and ignored my requests to make my telephone call for many hours until well into the evening when my friend had left for work. I was also denied medication, as what I had was not in its original packaging, despite the police saying it would be fine to just bring my medicine box. They also refused any washing facilities, so I turned up for court a stinky mess, considering I was arrested at 8am the prior day. I was also rather ill, as the main medicine (cannabis) was what I was arrested for, so that was totally denied.

Happy times.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

willie_dee posted:

I'm not defending cops but you're absolutely wrong and they don't usually have nurses onsite. I've never seen one and been denied medication during both my unfounded 24 hour stays. that's how they keep killing people with diabetes.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Anyone else sick to loving death of all this party stuff? It's hardly shocking that a government of entitled public school boys thought the rules didn't apply to them. It's not a revelation that the PM is wholly unsuitable for the role. And it's not news that the political class of this country despise us.

It's also no surprise that the media class has been all but complicit at every step. I'm far more hosed off that the lobby hacks had all these stories months ago, and kept them under wraps. I'm also hosed off that they're drip-feeding them to us week by week to drag this poo poo out rather than just telling us what they obviously know, and have known for a long time.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Aidan_702 posted:

Perhaps she is on team Boris in exchange for a licence fee freeze.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1485649813379362816

She's tweeted a pic of David Cameron.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That's Steven Segal

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1485737582923333640

e: it was this event

https://twitter.com/mattforde/status/1485575608419631112

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 24, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1485737418905071618

I miss when politicians resigned for things

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Aidan_702 posted:

When MPs are whipped beyond the pale it's usually (allegedly) either nonceing or a video existing of them getting peed on.

That or they really are as loving stupid as they sound

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Prole posted:

Anyone else sick to loving death of all this party stuff? It's hardly shocking that a government of entitled public school boys thought the rules didn't apply to them. It's not a revelation that the PM is wholly unsuitable for the role. And it's not news that the political class of this country despise us.

It's also no surprise that the media class has been all but complicit at every step. I'm far more hosed off that the lobby hacks had all these stories months ago, and kept them under wraps. I'm also hosed off that they're drip-feeding them to us week by week to drag this poo poo out rather than just telling us what they obviously know, and have known for a long time.

Entirely. However it's always been about them getting the ultimate vox pop reaction. Even gammon mc gammerson the party clown says "ooh that's a bit much!" They have absolutely no idea how virality or mass appeal works and so they just repeat the same hits stretched out as long as possible because for every person sick to death there'll be 2 that want more.

The entire media is basically youtube reaction videos. "ooh but how did it feel to know that the man who blew your legs off got away with it?"

Its just so utterly banal, but it works.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Maybe she just doesn't get invited to many parties and is genuinely confused as to what they are like?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

jiggerypokery posted:

When MPs are whipped beyond the pale it's usually (allegedly) either nonceing or a video existing of them getting peed on.

That or they really are as loving stupid as they sound

In Gove’s case isn’t he easily whippable because he is easily whippable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

fuctifino posted:

I had 24 hours in police custody once.

They didn't offer any evening meal, and ignored my requests to make my telephone call for many hours until well into the evening when my friend had left for work.

I don't think you have a right to a telephone call. All you have the right is to have someone informed that you are there and the police will make the call. They don't want people sending a coded message to get rid of whatever evidence.