Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Putin's a short-term opportunist. Russian foreign policy under him has been focused on defining Russia as a modern great power, and great powers win big wars and beat back NATO's encroachment. If Russia can win this war rapidly and decisively it forces a new era of security calculus back in Europe, particularly if NATO shows themselves completely impotent as they're beaten back twice in a row.

It might end up complicating Russia's position in the long-term, with NATO and the continent heavily remilitarizing in response, but that's not guaranteed due to the ongoing political situations in the largest NATO states, and either way that's a problem for tomorrow.

Also, it should be noted that for all their posturing, qualitatively none of the support NATO claims to be sending to Ukraine amounts to loving anything - all the troops are being put on alert 'in case the fighting spills out of Ukraine' (aka "we're not crossing borders"), and no amount of ATGMs are gonna change the warfighting calculus because that's simply not a space where Ukraine is lacking. The one thing they really need and that NATO literally lacks the capability to give them is Air Defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

quote:

MOSCOW. Jan 24 (Interfax) - Ukraine's military buildup along the border with the self-proclaimed Luhansk (LPR) and Donetsk (DPR) People's Republics indicates ongoing preparations for an offensive, and such threat really exists, the Kremlin said.

"Indeed, the Ukrainian authorities are massing enormous forces and hardware along the border with the self-proclaimed republics on the contact line. Indeed, the nature of this buildup points to ongoing preparations for an offensive, and such a threat does exist at the moment," Russian presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov told reporters.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

How are u posted:

As an American, I would consider it to my benefit to live in a world full more of thriving democracies than authoritarian kleptocracies. The freedom of people around the world to choose their own governments is something I value, and something that I think our nation should value.

shame about all those democracies that the US made into kleptocracies. The US clearly doesnt think its mission is to spread democracy to all corners of the planet, and hasn't since 1793, since it made war on Europe's strongest democracy.

FishBulbia fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 24, 2022

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This seems bad.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Just to re-confirm since the rapid response force or whatever has come up lately:

No plans for U.S. troops to deploy to Ukraine to deter Russia. If Putin invades, he faces largely "economic consequences," Kirby says

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

nurmie posted:

i propose the following conditions for my counter-:toxx: to HonorableTB:

• six months time span - so, no invasion before the 24th of June, 2022 24th of July, 2022
  • only official or quasi-official invasion counts - so, Crimea scenario counts as an invasion, supporting DNR/LNR with "advisors" and sending communist internationalists weirdo russian nazis to fight CIA-backed weirdo ukrainian nazis or whatever does NOT count as an invasion
  • only invasion by Russian forces counts - Poland deciding to grab Lwow for itself or Turkey trying to reistablish itself within the land borders of the Byzantine empire does not count for the purposes of this toxx

I think these are reasonable and accept

Edit: assuming toxxes are still a thing on the forums, I know for a while they weren't allowed but with Jeff owning the site maybe that has changed. Unless a mod says otherwise I will assume the toxx stands in effect

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 24, 2022

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

FishBulbia posted:

shame about all those democracies that the US made into kleptocracies. The US clearly doesnt think its mission is to spread democracy to all corners of the planet, and hasn't since 1793, since it made war on Europe's strongest democracy.

Indeed. We can do better. Doesn't make standing up for and defending democracy any less important.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzLT6_TQmq8

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Conspiratiorist posted:

If Russia can win this war rapidly and decisively it forces a new era of security calculus back in Europe, particularly if NATO shows themselves completely impotent as they're beaten back twice in a row.

It might end up complicating Russia's position in the long-term, with NATO and the continent heavily remilitarizing in response, but that's not guaranteed due to the ongoing political situations in the largest NATO states, and either way that's a problem for tomorrow

The problem tomorrow becomes Russians going to the streets in protest as the economy collapses and caskets start going home and the average Russian is further impoverished and sent to kill a brotherly nation and not these Clancy great victory and showing impotence of NATO things

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, worth noting that Russia is pissed about Ukraine being "NATO on their doorstep"

Well...

Among Russia's demands, its also that NATO must pull West no further than Easter Germany, which basically fucks any NATO member east of it, including Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania to name a few.

Putin is making demands he KNOWS that will not be given. Because he wants to look strong in the face of a flagging Russian economy and US pressure not to invade Ukraine.

I appreciate yours and the responses of others but this wasn't really the crux of my question. I was more interested in what Ukrainians are actually thinking and whether there is any appetite to accept less than ideal situations in order to prevent an invasion. This applies regardless of what the Russians actually will do or not do.

Ie Is there any reporting on any acceptable series of concessions that is not being publicly stated by the Ukranian government if it means Putin will back off. Similarly what is the mood on the streets, especially in the western, pro EU end of the country. Is there a sentiment of 'let's make a deal' or is both the government and the population willing to fight and go down with the proverbial ship for unmitigated sovereignty?

I ask because everything I google ends up with articles about what Putin wants or what the US does not want but very few articles talk about what the Ukrainians are willing to actually accept when the rubber meets the road so to speak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/19/ukraine-frontline-fear-and-defiance

This article for example seems to say this one guy is willing to fight it out despite acknowledging massive casualties and the likelihood of Russian occupation and speculates on partisan warfare if occupied.

Is he alone? Is the Ukrainian government also of that all or nothing mindset? Like is there links to translated newspaper opinion articles that reflect the Ukrainian mindsets with respect to the spectrum of outcomes it can lie with it means avoiding war.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Somaen posted:

The problem tomorrow becomes Russians going to the streets in protest as the economy collapses and caskets start going home and the average Russian is further impoverished and sent to kill a brotherly nation and not these Clancy great victory and showing impotence of NATO things

But have you considered Putin is evil and stupid?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MikeC posted:

I appreciate yours and the responses of others but this wasn't really the crux of my question. I was more interested in what Ukrainians are actually thinking and whether there is any appetite to accept less than ideal situations in order to prevent an invasion. This applies regardless of what the Russians actually will do or not do.

Ie Is there any reporting on any acceptable series of concessions that is not being publicly stated by the Ukranian government if it means Putin will back off. Similarly what is the mood on the streets, especially in the western, pro EU end of the country. Is there a sentiment of 'let's make a deal' or is both the government and the population willing to fight and go down with the proverbial ship for unmitigated sovereignty?

I ask because everything I google ends up with articles about what Putin wants or what the US does not want but very few articles talk about what the Ukrainians are willing to actually accept when the rubber meets the road so to speak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/19/ukraine-frontline-fear-and-defiance

This article for example seems to say this one guy is willing to fight it out despite acknowledging massive casualties and the likelihood of Russian occupation and speculates on partisan warfare if occupied.

Is he alone? Is the Ukrainian government also of that all or nothing mindset? Like is there links to translated newspaper opinion articles that reflect the Ukrainian mindsets with respect to the spectrum of outcomes it can lie with it means avoiding war.

You don’t seem to get that the minimum concessions Russia is ready to accept are total capitulation and relinquishment of sovereignty. Ukrainians, naturally, are disinclined to surrender their constitutional ambitions and aspirations just because Putin has some demands - the man has proven his beliefs, and strength of his word, enough with Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk already.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MikeC posted:

No, I did address them: Those were the Russian terms. They want NATO to scoot west of Eastern Germany. They want Ukraine to become a loose association rather than a State. They want to limit and even have veto of who can and cannot join NATO. They want to limit Ukraine's access to the EU

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59696450

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/rso/nato/1790803/?lang=en&clear_cache=Y

None of these are starters. None of these are even really negotiable.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Conspiratiorist posted:

But have you considered Putin is evil and stupid?

This. There is of course a calculus to the actions of people that manage to rise to such power, but history has shown time and again that absolutely no-one is safe from committing overwhelmingly obvious self-owns. Whatever reasons Putin has to think invading Ukraine is better than not invading, even if he's half right the chances of this blowing up in his face and giving him a x10 worse result are very high. This will galvanize NATO, probably expand NATO, it will cost his economy trillions, and subject his populace to a war far worse than Afghanistan.

Which is why he might still not do it, but the posturing isn't getting him anywhere so I don't know what other game he might be playing.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Putin is smart.

But he's getting older. It's possible he has shrunk down to a more Erdogan level brain.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Orthanc6 posted:

and subject his populace to a war far worse than Afghanistan.

Not unless the intention is take everything East of the Dnieper, in which case I don't even dare guess how that's gonna play out beyond short-term.

If it's securing access to Crimea and showcasing the impotence of Zelensky and NATO by crushing Ukraine's military with artillery and ballistic missiles, then that'd be achievable far more cheaply than 'an Afghanistan'.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grape posted:

Putin is smart.

But he's getting older. It's possible he has shrunk down to a more Erdogan level brain.
And, like Hitler post-Paris 1940, surrounded with yes-men.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

CommieGIR posted:

While these absolutely are nonstarters and must be responded to as if they are entirely serious, I think it's still reasonable to suspect that they're a power move intended to shape later negotiation (with the added bonus of re-emphasizing key talking points in Russian public diplomacy). Costly, sure, and with high potential to backfire, but hints may get dropped behind closed doors that compromise short of the maximalist ultimatum might be achieved.

Putin's trying to play hardball and may well follow through on the threats, but there's probably more than meets the eye going on.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Grape posted:

Yeah, I am seeing (in other fields, but politics are not an exception) a lot of older once-respected guys trying to attain some last big achievement, but the result is usually rather... disappointing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Not unless the intention is take everything East of the Dnieper, in which case I don't even dare guess how that's gonna play out beyond short-term.

If it's securing access to Crimea and showcasing the impotence of Zelensky and NATO by crushing Ukraine's military with artillery and ballistic missiles, then that'd be achievable far more cheaply than 'an Afghanistan'.

I think a regime change like the UK claims Russia is planning would lead to "Russian Afghanistan" too. You would have to leave troops behind since Ukrainians already managed to oust a pro-russian autocrat when the average ukrainian was far more sympathetic to russia and i think there would absolutely be guerilla attacks on russian troops in that circumstance.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I think a regime change like the UK claims Russia is planning would lead to "Russian Afghanistan" too. You would have to leave troops behind since Ukrainians already managed to oust a pro-russian autocrat when the average ukrainian was far more sympathetic to russia and i think there would absolutely be guerilla attacks on russian troops in that circumstance.

I hear Kadyrov offered to pacify Ukraine after the war. Maybe that's the plan.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Crossposting from yossec thread.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/01/hactivists-say-they-hacked-belarus-rail-system-to-stop-russian-military-buildup/

Supposedly, someone has encrypted Belarus central railway IT systems with ransomware, demanding that the buildup of Russian forces in Belarus is stopped and that medically vulnerable political prisoners are released.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I think people are overestimating how much resistance there would be in a post-war Ukraine because they're applying a jihadist concept to Europe. Doesn't pretty much every country in eastern Europe have a lot of young people looking to leave for better jobs elsewhere as it is? That kind of suggests to me that nationalism isn't the top priority on everyone's mind, though obviously war has and would radicalize some. Assuming Russia would allow disaffected youths to leave, and that nations sympathetic to Ukraine wouldn't suddenly cut off all migration from the country, why stay and die for Ukraine when you can get a job somewhere else that pays better than what you made before the war? That's not a realistic avenue for everyone, but I do think it's a critical escape valve.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Sinteres posted:

I think people are overestimating how much resistance there would be in a post-war Ukraine because they're applying a jihadist concept to Europe. Doesn't pretty much every country in eastern Europe have a lot of young people looking to leave for better jobs elsewhere as it is? That kind of suggests to me that nationalism isn't the top priority on everyone's mind, though obviously war has and would radicalize some. Assuming Russia would allow disaffected youths to leave, and that nations sympathetic to Ukraine wouldn't suddenly cut off all migration from the country, why stay and die for Ukraine when you can get a job somewhere else that pays better than what you made before the war? That's not a realistic avenue for everyone, but I do think it's a critical escape valve.

This uh 'muslims are more attracted to violence than christian Europeans' take you have there might be one you want to take away and rethink for a bit.

e: also you may or may not have noticed that conflict in the Middle East is a pretty significant cause of refugee/migration flows.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Alchenar posted:

This uh 'muslims are more attracted to violence than christian Europeans' take you have there might be one you want to take away and rethink for a bit.

That wasn't the take, but it's perhaps telling that you leapt to that conclusion.

My point was more about how religious extremism has been shown to be a massive force multiplier in Syria and Iraq, where jihadist rebels massively outperformed secular/moderate rebels. I don't think Ukraine has religious extremist militias as far as I know, and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church isn't in a holy war with the Russian Orthodox Church anyway. I do think there are some key cultural differences between Russia/Ukraine and a country like Afghanistan, as well as economic differences, which don't just boil down to Christian vs Muslim.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Sinteres posted:

Alchenar has pointed out the obviously gross part of your post, but I also have some light reading for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Insurgent_Army

Protip, one of the first things that happened when the Red Army retook Ukraine is that Ukrainians started fighting them instead of the Nazis, including immediately assassinating the Front commander who had 'liberated' Kiev.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Generation Internet posted:

Alchenar has pointed out the obviously gross part of your post, but I also have some light reading for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Insurgent_Army

Protip, one of the first things that happened when the Red Army retook Ukraine is that Ukrainians started fighting them instead of the Nazis, including immediately assassinating the Front commander who had 'liberated' Kiev.

Just as there are massive differences between Afghanistan and Ukraine, I think there are also massive differences between the 1940's and the 2020's.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sinteres posted:

Young people desiring to earn more money is not a human trait exclusive to Eastern Europe. You pretty much only hear about what you say in the context of Eastern EU, where mass scale migration (e.g., >10% of Latvian population, for example) pursuing stock mercantilism is trivially achievable to a significant and swift gain. In my experience, the more nationalist someone is, the less likely they are to emigrate at all - either out of pride for their home, or hate for the iffy others somewhere else. If they must do that, it'll be for the lowest possible duration - to get an advanced university degree, to save up cash for the initial payment on a mortgage, etcetera.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 25, 2022

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Sinteres posted:

Just as there are massive differences between Afghanistan and Ukraine, I think there are also massive differences between the 1940's and the 2020's.

I'm curious why you think religious extremism is a massive force multiplier but nationalism is not, especially given the historical context which is still within living memory.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm curious why you think religious extremism is a massive force multiplier but nationalism is not, especially given the historical context which is still within living memory.

I could be wrong but I just don't expect Ukrainians to be as willing to fight to the death for their country as people who believe they're called by God to do so would. Like I think most people would admit that the public in the West has been made docile to some extent by modern conveniences, and I guess I think Ukraine has gotten enough of that to calm things down a bit. Like I'd personally rather play video games than fight for my homeland if it came down to it, and while I'm sure there are exceptions, I assume many Ukrainians feel the same way.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Sinteres posted:

I think people are overestimating how much resistance there would be in a post-war Ukraine because they're applying a jihadist concept to Europe.

This is a loving weird thing to say, man. Fighting to defend your home and your family is a "jihadist concept", excuse me, what?

quote:

Doesn't pretty much every country in eastern Europe have a lot of young people looking to leave for better jobs elsewhere as it is? That kind of suggests to me that nationalism isn't the top priority on everyone's mind, though obviously war has and would radicalize some. Assuming Russia would allow disaffected youths to leave, and that nations sympathetic to Ukraine wouldn't suddenly cut off all migration from the country, why stay and die for Ukraine when you can get a job somewhere else that pays better than what you made before the war? That's not a realistic avenue for everyone, but I do think it's a critical escape valve.

This is also a weird way to look at the world. People love their homes. People love their culture and their family and their history. People fight to defend those things when outsiders launch a war of aggression to take them away. There's nothing weird about that, it's fundamentally human.

e:

quote:

Like I think most people would admit that the public in the West has been made docile to some extent by modern conveniences, and I guess I think Ukraine has gotten enough of that to calm things down a bit.

Ah. Docile, soft Westerns as compared to hardened, hardy, mountain Muslims. Gotcha. :jerkbag:

How are u fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 25, 2022

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

How are u posted:

This is a loving weird thing to say, man. Fighting to defend your home and your family is a "jihadist concept", excuse me, what?

This is also a weird way to look at the world. People love their homes. People love their culture and their family and their history. People fight to defend those things when outsiders launch a war of aggression to take them away. There's nothing weird about that, it's fundamentally human.

I wasn't saying fighting to defend your home and family is jihadist, but that when people talk about Ukraine being a new Afghanistan for Russia they're talking about the Ukrainian population like it's primed to turn into battle hardened jihadists like Afghanistan obviously has overnight. I mean for a recent example of a country that's at least Eastern European-ish, Armenians in Karabakh didn't start a massive insurgency campaign after getting rocked by Azerbaijan. They fled, were forcibly expelled, or mostly found a way to deal.

How are u posted:

Ah. Docile, soft Westerns as compared to hardened, hardy, mountain Muslims. Gotcha. :jerkbag:

Afghanistan is desperately poor in a way that no country in Europe is, and host to a bunch of foreign fighters/has fought for decades. It's apples and oranges and you're the one saying the difference is just that Afghanistan is Muslim, not me.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 25, 2022

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's also not like a majority of Afghans joined the Taliban. Or the Vietcong. Or whatever. Insurgencies just need a sufficient pool to recruit from.

e; KOSOVO

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
This seems like the kind of derail that might merit its own thread.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cugel the Clever posted:

This seems like the kind of derail that might merit its own thread.

I'm happy to just drop it if people will stop misrepresenting what I said.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You don’t seem to get that the minimum concessions Russia is ready to accept are total capitulation and relinquishment of sovereignty. Ukrainians, naturally, are disinclined to surrender their constitutional ambitions and aspirations just because Putin has some demands - the man has proven his beliefs, and strength of his word, enough with Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk already.

CommieGIR posted:

No, I did address them: Those were the Russian terms. They want NATO to scoot west of Eastern Germany. They want Ukraine to become a loose association rather than a State. They want to limit and even have veto of who can and cannot join NATO. They want to limit Ukraine's access to the EU

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59696450

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/rso/nato/1790803/?lang=en&clear_cache=Y

Not sure why we keep going on about what Russia wants. I was kinda interested in knowing where the line in the sand for the Ukrainians is at this point (ie the current discussion about how enthusiastic the Ukrainians really are for war the past few posts). I thought I made that explicitly clear in my post but whatever.

I'll try another tack then. If there are Ukrainian posters here either in Ukraine or ex-pats, can you point me to what you consider are the best free newspapers/media outlets - preferably those that allow users to comment/discuss and I'll hope google translate holds up. Preferably a smatter across the spectrum from pro-Russian to die-hard EU/NATO or bust papers. If you feel the state of the media in Ukraine is such that it is 100% unreliable in terms of speaking for the populace, then let me know so I don't waste a bunch of time just struggling through a bunch of state/Russian propaganda.

IE According to Wikipedia Kyiv Post is legit (and happily in english). Does anyone feel that its views are radical and not reflective of the Ukrainian population?

Sinteres posted:

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-invasion-calm-fears/31633377.html dated Dec 30,2021 has figures of about 1 in 3 willing to join the army overall. Support is greatest in the western regions of the country where support is 2 in 5. Those in the east, close to the Russian border/Donbas region support falls to 1 in 4. This was also taken at a time when Ukrainians apparently felt that war was very unlikely (1/4 felt that war was a possibility). So how the sentiments have shifted I am unsure given that invasion looks like it could kick off any minute now. Hence my interested in more up to date stances both publicly and behind the scenes as well as up to date public sentiment.

MikeC fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 25, 2022

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/leonidragozin/status/1485681281539227651

What incentives would the West have for destabilizing Ukraine?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MikeC posted:

Not sure why we keep going on about what Russia wants.

Because Russia is the aggressor, and it neither cares what Ukraine wants, nor presents their demands on a sliding scale. Russia comes with a single core demand, "become our subservient vassal state", which is automatically refused for obvious reasons. What the gently caress do you expect this theoretical "reasonable Ukrainian counter-offer" to be here? "Sorry, Mr. Putin, the best we can do is 7 gallons of espresso"?

FishBulbia posted:

https://twitter.com/leonidragozin/status/1485681281539227651

What incentives would the West have for destabilizing Ukraine?

I think that's a complaint based on observed reality, not an accusation of intent.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

MikeC posted:

IE According to Wikipedia Kyiv Post is legit (and happily in english). Does anyone feel that its views are radical and not reflective of the Ukrainian population?

Kyiv Post is in a bit of hell rn. Oligarch took over and shut it down, and then left. Its chaos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I think the main force multiplier is that while Afghanistan is a mountainous country with lots of remote areas controlled by de facto independent regional clans, Ukraine is pretty much the opposite of that in every way. Like probably as close as you can get to waging modern warfare in frictionless vacuum.

I don't see how saying there wouldn't be an insurgency comparable to Afghanistan is controversial.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 25, 2022