Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I just set fire to bills and debt collection letters in an empty sink, then cook over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Its blocked. I dunno maybe I can upload it somewhere else.

The basic premise was he was Dougie in the scene where the Mitchell brothers were going to shoot him and the Mitchell brothers were trump supporters but because Biden brought them a 24 pack of Pabst and a cheque that said Biden bux they now loved him.

I feel your pain. I'm still pissed Liberty Media DMCA'd my F1 intro x Kirin J Callinan mashup.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I had 15k views on a video of Leclerc’s onboard during the Grosjean Explosjean and I felt famous and then Liberty crushed my dreams of YouTube stardom.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I feel your pain. I'm still pissed Liberty Media DMCA'd my F1 intro x Kirin J Callinan mashup.

YouTube has really just turned into a trash platform, they've sucked all the fun poo poo off of it and now its just some weird parasocial companion for weirdos with no friends.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

YouTube has really just turned into a trash platform, they've sucked all the fun poo poo off of it and now its just some weird parasocial companion for weirdos with no friends.

pls like and subscribe to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fZ-yN8EBI

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Reviewbrah is the only good fast food tester. A soft spoken gentleman with fine attire that doesn't give in to theatrics and only tells it like it is.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

net work error posted:

Reviewbrah is the only good fast food tester. A soft spoken gentleman with fine attire that doesn't give in to theatrics and only tells it like it is.

Bill Oakley does them and he gets a pass for being an old Simpsons writer

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I might go join ISIS

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Cirofren posted:

Okay. Custard I'm glad you have something that you enjoy from your childhood but I must cleanse the thread.

I started watching the F1 in 2021. If not for lockdown, specifically my inability to satisfy a decades long vice passion of throwing dice for money, I probably wouldn't have started gambling on enjoying the Formula 1. I also probably wouldn't have cooked these meals, most of which I learned to make in lockdown.

I missed the first race, but I caught the second, in April, at Emilia Romagna. I made roast lamb in the charcoal kettle. This I'd done many times before, but I added a meat thermometer to my process and I haven't cooked a primarily meat dish without one since. All kettle, made gravy in a pan. No air fryer needed.

In June the thread elders were certain that Paul Ricard would be a terrible track. We were in lockdown, and to keep myself busy I had acquired a logitech racing wheel and pedals. A friend and I drove Paul Ricard in Assetto Corsa Competizione, it loving ruled. So did the race. I learned once more the value of forming ones own opinions, whether about racing or cooking equipment. The only pub within our cordon was shut, even for takeaway. My missus wanted parma. I of course obliged. Pan & oven. No air fryer needed.

We were still in lockdown in August. Or maybe we were in a second lockdown after a couple weeks between lockdowns. I was drinking enough to not have the burden of memory. I do remember, though, Valtteri's bowling in Hungary. Occon's win. Alonso's defence. Remarkable. As was this first attempt at one of my favourite Sichuan dishes, Mapo Tofu. All one wok. No air fryer needed.

By the time November rolled around we were finally free again, though this made watching the races much harder, as the American time slots meant 3 and 4 AM starts here. I stayed up for Mexico though, and while I would have loved to see him outclass Max I still enjoyed Checo's podium and his family's enthusiasm. We should all be so lucky. Some of us are, knowing the probably equal joy of searing steak by flame. No air fryer needed.

At some point toward the end of the season Charles and Carlos had a head to head Carbonara challenge. Carlos said "guanciale" a lot, he said he would be disappointed if he had bacon instead of guanciale. Charles was saying guanciale too. Beautiful word, beautiful men. I was intrigued. I had only ever had Australian carbonaras. Sloshy, creamy affairs. I sourced guanciale and made several carbonaras in what my research assured me was the Italian way. I loved it. For my partner though, it was too heavy, she much prefers my amatriciana. Specifically, spaghetti all amatriciana Also made with the guanciale, using a pot and pan. Yo u can't air fry your way to this.

Here's to the new season, 2022!

This is the greatest post this thread has ever seen. Definitive proof that airfryers are for lazy slobs (euros with a 30 hour work week fit the bill).

Bravo Aussie friend. Thank you for your service

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I thought they were really good, actually.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I’m not using a charcoal kettle in winter Not when god made air fryer work v well, v tasty

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Prag please do the needful and probate an actually terrible post

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ethanol posted:

I’m not using a charcoal kettle in winter Not when god made air fryer work v well, v tasty

I live in Derbyshire, the natural life cycle of the cheapest charcoal kettle from Argos is bought in summer, rust by winter, in a skip by spring and repeat

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

I might go join ISIS

And give up pork? gently caress that. Just become a regular terrorist and join a few Qanon groups on Facebook.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Theophany posted:

And give up pork? gently caress that. Just become a regular terrorist and join a few Qanon groups on Facebook.

excuse me those are lone wolves

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cirofren posted:

Okay. Custard I'm glad you have something that you enjoy from your childhood but I must cleanse the thread.

I started watching the F1 in 2021. If not for lockdown, specifically my inability to satisfy a decades long vice passion of throwing dice for money, I probably wouldn't have started gambling on enjoying the Formula 1. I also probably wouldn't have cooked these meals, most of which I learned to make in lockdown.

I missed the first race, but I caught the second, in April, at Emilia Romagna. I made roast lamb in the charcoal kettle. This I'd done many times before, but I added a meat thermometer to my process and I haven't cooked a primarily meat dish without one since. All kettle, made gravy in a pan. No air fryer needed.

In June the thread elders were certain that Paul Ricard would be a terrible track. We were in lockdown, and to keep myself busy I had acquired a logitech racing wheel and pedals. A friend and I drove Paul Ricard in Assetto Corsa Competizione, it loving ruled. So did the race. I learned once more the value of forming ones own opinions, whether about racing or cooking equipment. The only pub within our cordon was shut, even for takeaway. My missus wanted parma. I of course obliged. Pan & oven. No air fryer needed.

We were still in lockdown in August. Or maybe we were in a second lockdown after a couple weeks between lockdowns. I was drinking enough to not have the burden of memory. I do remember, though, Valtteri's bowling in Hungary. Occon's win. Alonso's defence. Remarkable. As was this first attempt at one of my favourite Sichuan dishes, Mapo Tofu. All one wok. No air fryer needed.

By the time November rolled around we were finally free again, though this made watching the races much harder, as the American time slots meant 3 and 4 AM starts here. I stayed up for Mexico though, and while I would have loved to see him outclass Max I still enjoyed Checo's podium and his family's enthusiasm. We should all be so lucky. Some of us are, knowing the probably equal joy of searing steak by flame. No air fryer needed.

At some point toward the end of the season Charles and Carlos had a head to head Carbonara challenge. Carlos said "guanciale" a lot, he said he would be disappointed if he had bacon instead of guanciale. Charles was saying guanciale too. Beautiful word, beautiful men. I was intrigued. I had only ever had Australian carbonaras. Sloshy, creamy affairs. I sourced guanciale and made several carbonaras in what my research assured me was the Italian way. I loved it. For my partner though, it was too heavy, she much prefers my amatriciana. Specifically, spaghetti all amatriciana Also made with the guanciale, using a pot and pan. You can't air fry your way to this.

Here's to the new season, 2022!

Think about how much easier that would've been in an air fryer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Those Qanon fuckers don't mount machine guns on the back of 1980s Toyota pickups, that's the real deal breaker here.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ArmZ posted:

excuse me those are economically anxious people

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

🤌

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Years ago there was an article in Forbes or something about how Ferrari (the street car factory) was the best place to work in all of Europe. Good benefits, natural light and plants in the factory building, nice food. Italy basically does everything right.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Years ago there was an article in Forbes or something about how Ferrari (the street car factory) was the best place to work in all of Europe. Good benefits, natural light and plants in the factory building, nice food. Italy basically does everything right.

They don’t build very good race cars tho

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

I cant imagine Ferrari being a nice place to work. With how snobbish the brand is, I can only assume the work environment there is toxic and political, but survives on its brand name and the fact that everyone wants to work for them

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/raikkonen-glad-to-leave-fake-things-in-formula-1-behind/7441993/

quote:

Kimi Raikkonen says he is glad to leave "fake things" in Formula 1 behind

Such as the 2021 WDC! Well said, Kimi. May you have shits and ice cream forever in heaven.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

A birthday greeting for a legend of the 2000s.

https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/status/1484419247241629697?s=20

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/raikkonen-glad-to-leave-fake-things-in-formula-1-behind/7441993/

Such as the 2021 WDC! Well said, Kimi. May you have shits and ice cream forever in heaven.

Kimi is never wrong

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

ethanol posted:

They don’t build very good race cars tho

Or road cars

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
My mom sent me a free year of Masterclass so I watched the Lewis class. Generally disappointing, as I assume all masterclasses are. Enjoyed the personal stories but not the vague self help guru talk. Sadly the latter is the focus of the service I think. He seemed a bit hesitant and less confident with the guru talk. Would have enjoyed a class by Angela more I think. Lewis didn’t mention Jesus once, nor the Judeo-Christian god Yahweh I think. Wanted to know how he eventually morphed into his final stage Purple Rain livery of ultimate power, but he didn’t address that. He did actually mention the “Hamilton family” incident early in his career which was interesting. Three stars.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

My mom sent me a free year of Masterclass so I watched the Lewis class. Generally disappointing, as I assume all masterclasses are. Enjoyed the personal stories but not the vague self help guru talk. Sadly the latter is the focus of the service I think. He seemed a bit hesitant and less confident with the guru talk. Would have enjoyed a class by Angela more I think. Lewis didn’t mention Jesus once, nor the Judeo-Christian god Yahweh I think. Wanted to know how he eventually morphed into his final stage Purple Rain livery of ultimate power, but he didn’t address that. He did actually mention the “Hamilton family” incident early in his career which was interesting. Three stars.

How many times did he end a sentence with 'man'?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Did he talk about Roscoe?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
what should i have for dinner tonight

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lando talked about recently how he likes being a spokesperson for mental health awareness. Another confirmation of Good Lad status and I wish we were Twitch buddies.

Cimber posted:

I’m having shawarma.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cimber posted:

I had a McDonald's and am finishing it off with Tesco Rhubarb and custard creams.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cimber posted:

Banana and herring.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Theophany posted:

Banana and herring.

Is this an air fryer friendly recipe?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Dictator. posted:

Is this an air fryer friendly recipe?

Nothing can save that abomination. Not even an air fryer..

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Theophany posted:

Banana and herring.

Gas

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

refleks posted:

Nothing can save that abomination. Not even an air fryer..

What about frying it the old fashioned way?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Banana and herring.

wish my grandmother still cooked

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Custard Undies posted:

That sure is something.

What? Kirkwood is also relatively unproven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Pato tested for McLaren at the end of the season and has expressed an interest in moving to F1. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Ricciardo for 2023.

He was hammered by Tomoki Nojiri in Super Formula in the same car, although he did outperform Ticktum and Vips. He would be eaten alive in F1.