Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Always post receipts.

the posters paradox: any receipts long enough to explain are too long for anyone else to bother reading

just call them a dipshit and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/D_DWDesign/status/1485761578452586499

can someone tell me what happened on January 6th 2020

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

500 good dogs posted:

the real problem here is that you teased us by bringing up DMs from someone clearly unhinged and then never showed us. that ain't right

loq is a tease and a flirt :sad:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

our president on the cutting edge of what issues matter most to everyday americans

i mean that poo poo actually matters a lot. just cause dumbasses dont understand that capitalism is loving them doesnt mean the president shouldnt care about the concept of right to repair and the larger Intellectual Property concerns its related to.

That said I doubt bidens executive order matters gently caress-all.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fly Molo posted:

the posters paradox: any receipts long enough to explain are too long for anyone else to bother reading

just call them a dipshit and move on

you dont need to explain the receipts, just post them.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Apple was loving around so much that you couldn't swap boards from 2 identical phones. Would have killed independent repair shops that are cheaper than the exorbitant rates companies will charge you. Right to repair is important for anyone who owns a phone. Of course that's the bare minimum of reigning in exploitative practices.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you dont need to explain the receipts, just post them.

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

nothing you all are imagining could ever possibly live up to what is actually in there. people bitching you out for 6ers is the most boring, tedious bullshit ever

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pay Samsung $75 to replace a battery or get punished for doing it yourself. Normal society.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

i mean that poo poo actually matters a lot. just cause dumbasses dont understand that capitalism is loving them doesnt mean the president shouldnt care about the concept of right to repair and the larger Intellectual Property concerns its related to.

these aren't even new executive orders right? aren't they just hyping up the tiny handful of disappointing ones he did last year?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

these aren't even new executive orders right? aren't they just hyping up the tiny handful of disappointing ones he did last year?

the NBC late 1990s "if you haven't seen it, it's new to you" strategy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
What's a fun WW3 movie? Besides Threads.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

i like mellow seas, not afraid to admit it. i'm not saying be nice to him because he also says dumb things, but don't utterly melt down at his presence. it's not like it's how are u in here. he is not, in fact, a jen psaki sock puppet account.

:same: I got a lot of very angry PMs sent my way when I was IK. None of them were from Mellow Seas, even when I probed him. He's angry about mostly the right poo poo. We'll make a good tankie of him yet.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

discoukulele posted:

Theres WW3 movies?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cenotaph posted:

Apple was loving around so much that you couldn't swap boards from 2 identical phones. Would have killed independent repair shops that are cheaper than the exorbitant rates companies will charge you. Right to repair is important for anyone who owns a phone. Of course that's the bare minimum of reigning in exploitative practices.

well yes, you can’t do that because the device is no longer secure when done that way. it’s to prevent an attack that appears to be via faceid and whatever else is in that secure element on the screen side.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Theres WW3 movies?

by dawn’s early light? sum of all fears?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

well yes, you can’t do that because the device is no longer secure when done that way. it’s to prevent an attack that appears to be via faceid and whatever else is in that secure element on the screen side.

Do not believe their lies.
Ain't gently caress done for your security.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Good to know there's some stupid technical reason why corporations are allowed to fleece you.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1485796836992589827?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Majorian posted:

:same: I got a lot of very angry PMs sent my way when I was IK. None of them were from Mellow Seas, even when I probed him. He's angry about mostly the right poo poo. We'll make a good tankie of him yet.

my dream is he'll crack ping and turn into the ultimate cspam poster, but today is a considerable setback to this noble goal

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

parallel universes of self awareness

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Some Guy TT posted:

our president on the cutting edge of what issues matter most to everyday americans

this owns. thank you joe biden.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Do not believe their lies.
Ain't gently caress done for your security.

this is what prevents that replay attack the fbi hired that Israeli firm to do when the fbi was suing to make apple rewrite iOS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

it's true, corporations can't evade taxes anymore. any of them. amazing.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
yellow text free of perfidious serifs is more believable

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

discoukulele posted:

i also want to watch this tonight im getting hype for war bro

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

hobbesmaster posted:

sure. but its an example of overreach. i appreciate apples privacy practices, but much like americas security state and intelligence community, good ideas will be abused for compliance or profit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

here's my question, hear me out, okay, here it is: is "children of men" a ww3 film

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
starship troopers

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Probably Magic posted:

here's my question, hear me out, okay, here it is: is "children of men" a ww3 film

i think it’s post ww3

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1485800973104599040 :sad:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have said that" - biden presidency in miniature

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

500 good dogs posted:

starship troopers

starship troopers is clearly an intragalactic war movie.

[img - distance to klendath system]

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

"Executive order? I don't even have executive function, Jack." :dementia:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

completely cucked president

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao what a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011