Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blue jacket black pants is hamming it up for the camera, they are also shown on the B roll footage skiing perfectly.

So kudos to the local news team for the solid physical comedy and the likes and subscribes.

QUESTION!?

Have any of you been on TV in a B roll of a local news station?

I have been on a B roll. Winston-Salem has a thing on New Year's Eve called First Night, and back in the 80s, part of the First Night stuff was a Lazer Light Show to count down to the New Year. All I remember is it was very cold for NC, like 5F. My sister and I walked past one of the camera crews all bundled up with winter clothes and waved at the camera and we showed up on the B roll that was played for a few years after that to advertise First Night. I was in a commercial :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I was in an episode of Married at First Sight, does that count?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was in an episode of Married at First Sight, does that count?
You were on TV, totally counts.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Holy poo poo I really hosed my back up puking. No one warned me this was in store for me as I got old.

I'll probably watch The Gildes Age since I am sucker for costume dramas and Christine Baranski.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLa5qOVsQg

everything about this game is a shitpost

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The player character is named Jack and he doesn’t have spikes hair wtf it’s like they’re not even trying

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was a senior in high school in Palm Beach County during the 2000 election. My friends and I had a running contest to see who got on the news the most, with bonus points for national coverage. It was a lot and really easy to do.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Went down a weird rabbit hole and came across what has been my favorite conspiracy theory of all time. I always forget about it for a couple years but it always comes back up.

Stevie Wonder isn’t actually blind. There’s a billion videos on YouTube about it with people talking about it but I like this one where it’s different celebrities telling stories about Stevie messing with them, then ends in “proof” that he’s not blind. He catches a mic stand on stage that was falling over that Paul McCartney had bumped into. That’s the proof.

https://youtu.be/XsEcNlRZFgQ

Bomani Jones has had a couple of very good bits about Stevie perhaps being blind or not. A couple of the highlights included buying enormous HDTVs at Best Buy, and how good his backup singers often look.

it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, and not taken seriously, but I would joke around and say it's the only conspiracy theory I believe just to make people really confused.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

harperdc posted:

Bomani Jones has had a couple of very good bits about Stevie perhaps being blind or not. A couple of the highlights included buying enormous HDTVs at Best Buy, and how good his backup singers often look.

it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, and not taken seriously, but I would joke around and say it's the only conspiracy theory I believe just to make people really confused.

I still throw out Fake Avril Lavigne theories every time she comes up in conversation, meaning I force them into a conversation because I love it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i like Paul Is Dead not because of the theory itself but because of the issue of the Batman comic that came out in the early 70s based on the conspiracy theory where the twist ending was that Paul was the only original member of the band who was still alive and everyone else had died and was replaced by imposters by Paul so he could continue to have a career

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

harperdc posted:

Its also funny because most people assuming blind means having a complete and total lack of vision while the definition and degrees of blindness can vary greatly while still being considered "blind". Some people can only see vague shapes, some can only see a few feet in front of them, and others may have incredibly narrow fields of vision. So, someone can see, watch TV, and even react to visual stimuli but still be considered blind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

What even was the question? I’m always up for laughing at Fox News though. Frankly they should just get to ask questions so you can mock them.

"Is inflation gonna be a political liability?"

It's funny how little poo poo Biden gives about anything, he's the perfect President to oversee the dying of the American empire, but inflation is gonna be one of the reasons democrats get absolutely destroyed in the mid terms and maybe lose the presidency in 2024.

I actually have no idea how 2024 presidential election goes. I think if it's Biden/Trump part 2, Biden probably wins, but they are both so old it's entirely possible one of them dies or is not healthy enough to make a credible run and I don't know who the gently caress runs instead of one of them. I assume if The Donald can't run either Don Jr or Ivana runs and locks the Republican nomination and then would lose to Biden, but they are also loving constant grifters and might realize there's a lot more money in not running for president , but if Biden can't run for a second term I have no idea who the Democratic nominee would be, Kamala Harris would obviously throw her hat in the ring, but I think she'd lose if basically any halfway charismatic Democrat ran against her unless the DNC just loving leaned on the table for her. Harris would definitely lose to any Republican able to get the nomination. A Harris vs Cruz race would be funny because no one likes either of them, so you could probably switch your states electoral votes by just convincing 12 people you know to bother to vote for whichever person you prefer.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

I actually have no idea how 2024 presidential election goes. I think if it's Biden/Trump part 2, Biden probably wins

lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

I actually have no idea how 2024 presidential election goes. I think if it's Biden/Trump part 2, Biden probably wins,

You mean Joe Biden who still owes me 600$?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

Its also funny because most people assuming blind means having a complete and total lack of vision while the definition and degrees of blindness can vary greatly while still being considered "blind". Some people can only see vague shapes, some can only see a few feet in front of them, and others may have incredibly narrow fields of vision. So, someone can see, watch TV, and even react to visual stimuli but still be considered blind.

Thank you for reminding me of TFR poster Mishaco, a legally blind gun owner/arms dealer. :v:

This flight from STL to SLC is giving me free beers, so I'm getting drunk on Breckinridge Brewery Cookie Porters while shitposting at 30,000 feet.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thank you for reminding me of TFR poster Mishaco, a legally blind gun owner/arms dealer. :v:

This flight from STL to SLC is giving me free beers, so I'm getting drunk on Breckinridge Brewery Cookie Porters while shitposting at 30,000 feet.

That's amazing they have that available on a flight. Nice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I think people who aren't Trump heads generally like Biden more. Like he doesn't do anything that makes people's lives better, but it's not like Trump did anything when he was president that helped them much either. If they end mask mandates before fall 2024 and Biden is still healthy enough to do a single debate against Trump and a few public appearances, he's got it in the bag.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The last 6 years or so have made me so unsure of how elections are going to go that I can’t even predict anymore. Biden has Trump like approval numbers right now, but doesn’t have anywhere near the maniacal following Trump does.

If Republicans run someone competent, they’re probably winning, but gently caress if I know. We have to get through the elections this year first.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Alaois posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLa5qOVsQg

everything about this game is a shitpost

ngl that game looks sweet if real stupid. Wasn't expecting Sinatra at the end there.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

swickles posted:

Oh for sure - I have a colleague from grad school who is legally blind but still has vision. Just somehow hadn’t connected that possibility to Stevie at all.

[Edit] the best podcast episode I listened to last year. So good.

https://youtu.be/iUcihzoAVe8

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Trying to find ways to kill my players this weekend. This time their mission is to infilitrate a not-so-secret research facility and download data before the orbital bombardment from the invading force wipes out the city. They will be fighting knock off Spartans, so it should be a grand ol' time!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've been on an episode of Springer (that I've never seen), a game show hosted by goon Kevin Pereira, and a niche/low-budget documentary.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dango Bango posted:

That's amazing they have that available on a flight. Nice.

The airlines have quietly added a few decent beers to their options over the last several years. Unfortunately most of my flights are a) for work and b) in the morning so I rarely get to indulge, but it’s nice when I can.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I was on the news when I was in high school, I was snowboarding during a year we basically got zero snow and all of the ski hills had to make almost all of their snow and there was a station doing a segment on it. Someone with a microphone and camera asked me about the difference between made snow and real snow and they actually aired it. Was kind of funny coming home and telling my parents to turn on the news later that night lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had a friend in high school who was in Phucket when that massive tsunami hit in 2004/2005 and had to scramble to safety during Xmas break. When she finally got back home, naturally news stories picked it up, and we started doing fundraising efforts at home.

She got invited to be on a local TV show that spent the first half recapping what happened that week on soap operas with a crowd, then second half was a human interest story, with a studio audience. During the soap opera portions, the host sat in front of the audience and I was in view the entire time while he was covering it so I started making weird faces. A friend of mine DVR'd it, but I never saw it. We also made a commercial asking people to donate to the cause. The second half was them interviewing her and her family as the human interest portion.

Anyway, that's my local TV story. I doubt that footage is around anymore!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
4 hours in on my first sous vide bison chuck roast, never done a 24 hour before.

Hope it's as good as the book promised!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

Yep. I'm considered legally blind without corrective lenses, as I have 20 / 240 vision and have since my freshman year of college in 2002. Without my glasses, I can't read my laptop monitor until my eyes are about five inches from the screen, and like hell if I can see the big E on the eye chart when I'm getting my annual eye appointment.

CannonFodder posted:

QUESTION!?

Have any of you been on TV in a B roll of a local news station?

I have been on a B roll. Winston-Salem has a thing on New Year's Eve called First Night, and back in the 80s, part of the First Night stuff was a Lazer Light Show to count down to the New Year. All I remember is it was very cold for NC, like 5F. My sister and I walked past one of the camera crews all bundled up with winter clothes and waved at the camera and we showed up on the B roll that was played for a few years after that to advertise First Night. I was in a commercial :pcgaming:

I've done the voiceover for some local commercials (that I also produced / edited), and in my past life here in Dubuque I hosted a couple of shows that were on the public access channel. My only other TV exposure is when a buddy of mine and I had front-row tickets directly behind home plate to a Cubs / Phillies game back in, I think, 2000 or 2001.

Edit: Oh, wait, I was also extensively on B-roll of the Madison NBC affiliate's coverage of the Act 10 protests in 2011. Got me a stern talking-to from my boss at the time because we were supposed to be a non-political organization (worked for the convention & visitors bureau).

Timby fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 25, 2022

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't think a -6 prescription is legally blind.

If so I'm gonna go get my handicap parking placard.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't think a -6 prescription is legally blind.

If so I'm gonna go get my handicap parking placard.

20 / 200 is considered the threshold for legal blindness. When I graduated high school, I was 20 / 220, and then a few months into my freshman year of college that diagnosis got downgraded to 20 / 240. Thankfully, my sperm donor was still alive and working at the time and I was on his really, really good insurance, so I only wound up paying something like $30 out of pocket for my new (ridiculously thick) lenses.

It's a minor miracle that my eyesight hasn't gotten any worse since then, outside of some really, really pesky astigmatism that manifested itself maybe six or seven years ago, back when I was still relatively happily married.

Timby fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 25, 2022

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Skwirl posted:

I think people who aren't Trump heads generally like Biden more. Like he doesn't do anything that makes people's lives better, but it's not like Trump did anything when he was president that helped them much either. If they end mask mandates before fall 2024 and Biden is still healthy enough to do a single debate against Trump and a few public appearances, he's got it in the bag.

There's also this, which might change some things

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't know how eyeglass prescription translates to 20/x vision but before LASIK my left eye was -10.75 & my right was -10.50. Sucked too as my left eye is my dominant eye.

Since I was out over the weekend I missed out on my GDT wing posting. This trip home is my way of catching up:

Ordered Shock Top wings at the Budweiser restaurant in STL and got… these. At least the Space Ghost beer was nice. :mad:

Squatters Craft Beers in SLC had legit Buffalo wings, and their Brilliant Bier is pretty good too.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ordered Shock Top wings at the Budweiser restaurant in STL and got… these. At least the Space Ghost beer was nice. :mad:

Those aren't wings, those are chicken nuggets.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Spoeank posted:

There's also this, which might change some things

If enough Trump voters were dying to make a dent in the national voterbase, Trump probably wouldn't be the only person in the GOP calling on people to get vaccinated. Honestly for as fun as it is to speculate about US politics on the internet, there's too many different forces at play to say anything for certain right now. For every conversation about GOP voter die-off, you have GOP state legislatures trying to make it illegal to vote Dem or whatever. The only certainty is that it's going to be a complete shitshow.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C-Euro posted:

The only certainty is that it's going to be a complete shitshow.

That's the long and the short of it. I saw a headline on CNN.com last week or maybe the week before and it said that something like 27 or 28 states have enacted more regressive and restrictive voting laws since 2020, which is horrifying to me.

Edit: And it's entirely likely that after November of this year, there will be enough statehouses under Republican control that there is a very legitimate chance for a call for a new constitutional convention, which just has "utter mayhem" written all over it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

You mean Joe Biden who still owes me 600$?

could really use that money, wish that old rear end in a top hat would pay up and cancel some student debt too

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Less than 1million Americans have died from Covid. While that's a catastrophic number in terms of human life, it's meaningless to a national scale election (even if all the deaths were Republicans).

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

could really use that money, wish that old rear end in a top hat would pay up and cancel some student debt too

Absolutely incredible that the dems did such a major campaign blitz about the $2000 dollars then decided to nickle and dime us the $600 while giving the ole "well akshually"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Less than 1million Americans have died from Covid. While that's a catastrophic number in terms of human life, it's meaningless to a national scale election (even if all the deaths were Republicans).

It's not the raw numbers but also where. Florida is always a tossup and just did a Kill The Olds Speedrun

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spoeank posted:

It's not the raw numbers but also where. Florida is always a tossup and just did a Kill The Olds Speedrun
Trump won Florida by ~370,000 votes. Florida has reported 60k deaths from covid (lol the real number is way higher).

If we sat down for an academic exercise and assumed all deaths were republicans and in swing states, we maybe could mathematically make it matter... but in real life the deaths are spread out and it very likely just doesn't matter.

e: But who knows! 2024 presidential election is far away and there's plenty of time for more sacrifices to be made to the altar of capital.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spoeank posted:

lol i promise you no matter how many people die FL is not going blue anytime soon

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Absolutely incredible that the dems did such a major campaign blitz about the $2000 dollars then decided to nickle and dime us the $600 while giving the ole "well akshually"

everyone loves the pedantic middle managers that rip them off right? good, bc thats the Dems ideals