Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

BizarroAzrael posted:

Played my first competative pioneer since 2020, joined a league on MTGO with Orzhov vampires and got a 2-0 win over I think Naya Winota? I didn't see her until game 2 and it didn't seem to get many hits from non-humans attacking, maybe just Brutal Cathars. Did go to my last minute of time without a game 3 though, so that's a worry. I needed to cast Champion of Dusk to draw into a Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord so I could then attack wide enough to get a point in, then cast him to Bitening Helix for the win. Don't really know where the time all goes.

Oh hey, went 2-1 against Grixis in the second match. Maybe I'm just the greatest Magic player who ever lived? General "maindeck Thoughtseize" benefits and T3 Blood Baron they don't seem to be able to deal with (I'm sure they'd start running Soul Shatter if Vampires start taking a big spot in the meta, or maybe I was just lucky and they didn't get to draw Extinction Event) Much better on time this go around, so feeling good about the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh hey, went 2-1 against Grixis in the second match. Maybe I'm just the greatest Magic player who ever lived? General "maindeck Thoughtseize" benefits and T3 Blood Baron they don't seem to be able to deal with (I'm sure they'd start running Soul Shatter if Vampires start taking a big spot in the meta, or maybe I was just lucky and they didn't get to draw Extinction Event) Much better on time this go around, so feeling good about the whole thing.

nice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I keep getting matched up against weird rear end decks like dredge and living end on MTGO

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They're reprinting Mirror Gallery baby

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Sickening posted:

Oh no, the green one might not be the best one of the cycle. The terror.

Iol Aggro much :aloom:

its a green flyer, thats pretty boss

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Today's fiction shows Gin-Gitaxis on Kamigawa

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

cool fan art

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

kalel posted:

cool fan art

That’s from the mothership, it’s official art

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

There's Tezzeret in the story too.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Well, ten years previous backstory yeah. I'm enjoying the relaunched fiction so far and I wasn't playing during kamigawa and know basically nothing about it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Good combo pieces are good cards, just like bad combo pieces are bad cards.

Bugsy posted:

So this is some sort of magic the gathering online exchange from channel fireball?

Looks like its just a seller, now that CFB is just a tcgplayer.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's weird to me that Tezzert (ub) was on the plane with Kaito (ub), for card purposes, but maybe Tezz won't get a card.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This right here is exactly the kind of nonsense I expect from Kamigawa.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
is it a toad or is it a frog, make up your mind!!! :(

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The Shortest Path posted:

so are we getting enchantment creatures and/or enchantment lands or are we just gonna have to draft a poo poo ton of garbage auras to gain value out of the "enchantments matter" cards?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Why wouldn't they just give them flying for the activated ability? It wouldn't have been the first time they represented Frog Jump Real Good as flying.

e: Eh, I guess it keeps them from blocking. Something something my verisimiliude.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Why wouldn't they just give them flying for the activated ability? It wouldn't have been the first time they represented Frog Jump Real Good as flying.

e: Eh, I guess it keeps them from blocking. Something something my verisimiliude.

It also prevents them from benefitting off of any "creatures you control with flying" effects.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Nastier Nate posted:

so are we getting enchantment creatures and/or enchantment lands or are we just gonna have to draft a poo poo ton of garbage auras to gain value out of the "enchantments matter" cards?

Creatures, MaRo spoiled it earlier.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

boo_radley posted:

is it a toad or is it a frog, make up your mind!!! :(

Taxonomically, all toads are frogs (order Anura) so it is technically correct to put toads into a "frog" creature type.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Taxonomy sucks! It's so dumb!

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Looks like its just a seller, now that CFB is just a tcgplayer.

Cardshoplive IS Channel Fireball's card store. They stopped selling singles for MTG but they still sell sealed MTG and singles for other games. It's one of those "technically we're doing what we said, even if in practice we aren't" situations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pseudoscorpion posted:

All frogs shoukd have reach.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Acolyte! posted:

Cardshoplive IS Channel Fireball's card store. They stopped selling singles for MTG but they still sell sealed MTG and singles for other games. It's one of those "technically we're doing what we said, even if in practice we aren't" situations.

Oh. Guess its not working out then. Or LSV got really into crypto.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Was it crypto or NFTs that he was promoting on his podcast?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

whydirt posted:

Was it crypto or NFTs that he was promoting on his podcast?

crypto, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's into NFTs now

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Taxonomically, all toads are frogs (order Anura) so it is technically correct to put toads into a "frog" creature type.

the truest of frogs:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I like that he's picked up what I can only assume is a local outfit in an attempt to blend in? He's got a robe on his lower half and some sort of veil over his face.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

someone leaked the 2 kamigawa commander decks on ebay

quote:

Chishiro, the Shattered Blade - 2RG
Legendary Creature - Snake Samurai
Whenever an Aura or Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, create a 2/2 red Spirit creature token with menace.

At the beginning of your end step, put a +1/+1 counter on each modified creature you control. (Equipment, Auras you control, and counters are modifications.)
4/4

quote:

Kaima, the Fractured Calm - 2RG
Legendary Creature - Spirit
At the beginning of your end step, goad each creature your opponents control that's enchanted by an Aura you control. Put a +1/+1 counter on Kaima, the Fractured Calm for each creature goaded this way.
3/3
Edit: was remember the backside commander

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 25, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's a Gundam

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i can make out all of the cards except dosei, I think his text reads "If dosei is enchanted, equipped, and has a counter on it, then it gains 'whenever cardname does damage to a player, draw that many cards and deal that much damage to each other creature [that player controls]

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

also the blue dragon spirit that was covered

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I wonder why this set got so leaked?
Pretty much biggest leak since ikoria

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Strong Sauce posted:

also the blue dragon spirit that was covered

drat I almost got really excited about them printing River's Rebuke on a stick until I went back and read the card again.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Now that I think about Jin-Gitaxias becoming a Hakama wearing Ronin weebbot I realise that Vorinclex also picked up the local culture as shown by his choice of clothing. That is he's wearing a bear-skin cloak and is otherwise naked because he picked up the berserker culture.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

I wonder why this set got so leaked?
Pretty much biggest leak since ikoria

maybe they printed cards further in advance to mitigate supply chain worries?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mat Cauthon posted:

drat I almost got really excited about them printing River's Rebuke on a stick until I went back and read the card again.

if they ever print river's rebuke on a creature it probably won't be a 6/6 for 6 with good keywords

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I like that he's picked up what I can only assume is a local outfit in an attempt to blend in? He's got a robe on his lower half and some sort of veil over his face.

Gitaxias wore a robe in his original art too. He just changed it for one with a local design.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

flatluigi posted:

if they ever print river's rebuke on a creature it probably won't be a 6/6 for 6 with good keywords

oh yes it will. thanks fire design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

kalel posted:

oh yes it will. thanks fire design

whatever dude