Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

It gets a lot harder when your QB is eating up 40 million of cap instead of 15 million

The Bengals have enough unpaid cap money this year Burrow might as well have a second contract right now. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/rams24_7/status/1485686997339590662?s=21

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just a bonehead rear end play call by Bowles.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

Just a bonehead rear end play call by Bowles.

Yeah but somehow the Bills hosed up worse at it just 3 hours later.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Fielding a consistently good defense is much harder than a consistently good offense, assuming that the team already has a great QB.

Well yeah I wasn't working under that assumption, and it's a bigass one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

People need to tell me again why the Browns need to give Baker 40mil. Reading that made me need that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

One or more of the QBs in this Mahomes/Allen/Herbert/Burrow tier will lose their shine over the next year or two.

Just ask Lamar, Baker, Wentz, Kyler.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Yeah he fits right in.

N:
https://twitter.com/SirYachtShow/status/1485757530609487872

V:
Baker has lost the locker room.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah he fits right in.

N:

V:

Baker goddamn man, no need to be a monster

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's too busy rolling out of the pocket with no pressure to roll any dice

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

fsif posted:

One or more of the QBs in this Mahomes/Allen/Herbert/Burrow tier will lose their shine over the next year or two.

Just ask Lamar, Baker, Wentz, Kyler.

I doubt it’s gonna be the guy who has been to 4 straight AFC championships and 2 (or 3) straight SBs in his 4 full seasons as a starter.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah he fits right in.

N:

V:

Baker: Now if you want to play some loving Call of Cthulu I'm down.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not too worried about the Chargers until they can prove they aren't just eternal choke artists

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Blind Pineapple posted:

I doubt it’s gonna be the guy who has been to 4 straight AFC championships and 2 (or 3) straight SBs in his 4 full seasons as a starter.

It’d be cool if it was though

I do wonder what happens to the Chiefs after 2022, Hill and Kelce both expire and Mahomes starts getting really big numbers, and Kelce will be getting into his mid 30s. Mathieu’s probably gone after this year and both Clark and Jones expire in 2023.

Reid’s not getting any younger either. Pats have conditioned us to believe that a dynasty can last forever but I’m not sure that’s true. But they’re still gonna be really good for at least one more year so that’s annoying.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wyoak posted:

I do wonder what happens to the Chiefs after 2022, Hill and Kelce both expire and Mahomes starts getting really big numbers, and Kelce will be getting into his mid 30s. Mathieu’s probably gone after this year and both Clark and Jones expire in 2023.

Reid’s not getting any younger either. Pats have conditioned us to believe that a dynasty can last forever but I’m not sure that’s true. But they’re still gonna be really good for at least one more year so that’s annoying.

Hill will still be like 29 he’s going nowhere and will be in his prime. Kelce in a couple years is definitely the concern. And so are some key guys on defense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wyoak posted:

Do you mean their contracts expire?

Kelce is signed through 2025. Hill will be re-signed and in his prime for the next 2-3 years.

I think most Chiefs fans wish Clark would expire at the end of this year. Guy is straight eating cap for little production.

For the future moving forward, they basically need to add D-Line depth and find some more safeties. Mathieu is probably gone after this year because he will want a dump truck of money and I don't think he's worth that. KC has lucked into some really good corners on rookie contracts and if they continue to hit on 2-3 picks a draft (and stop trading 1sts for a 1 year rental of Orlando Brown,) then they'll be fine. The bigger concern is Reid, but he has access to basically the best healthcare in the world at the Chiefs expense, so I imagine he's able to stick around for at least 5-6 more years.

Joe Burrow is cool. I like all the young, good QB talent in the AFC. It's a pain in the rear end because we have to play them all the time, but it's fun as gently caress to watch instead of the shambling corpse of whatever the NFC has to trot out for most teams.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ches Neckbeard posted:

People need to tell me again why the Browns need to give Baker 40mil. Reading that made me need that.

Nobody should say that. I'm fully convinced that Baker does not have what it takes to truly compete in the AFC. Sure you could have a bunch of middling seasons either missing the playoffs or getting knocked out round 1. Pay a quarterback way more than he is worth and languish in between 6 wins and 10.

Or they could just start looking elsewhere right this second. They already have Baker for next year I believe but they need to figure out a plan for the year after. Baker is never going to be like the quarterbacks we're seeing in the playoffs now. The only one he kind of resembles is Garoppolo and in that case you're mainly banking on your defense, running game and YAC being better than everyone else's. And it wouldn't be hard to make the case that Garoppolo actually played a lot better than Baker this year, injuries notwithstanding.

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's a pain in the rear end because we have to play them all the time, but it's fun as gently caress to watch instead of the shambling corpse of whatever the NFC has to trot out for most teams.

The NFC finished with more wins than the AFC this season.

To be specific, one more win so it's not like a huge thing but you'd expect the AFC to be ahead easily when they have all these young studs and the NFC has 'shambling corpses'.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was going through some tweets and saw this. I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking that Dallas had a legit chance to get a last play off last weekend, I'd already seen it happen!

https://twitter.com/andrewperloff/status/1484241105084469249

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
We don’t See who spots the ball so it’s impossible to say.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was going through some tweets and saw this. I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking that Dallas had a legit chance to get a last play off last weekend, I'd already seen it happen!

https://twitter.com/andrewperloff/status/1484241105084469249

2 seconds more on the clock, throwing the ball vs running it, letting the ref through to "spot" the ball. Once you subtract the 2 extra seconds, either of the two later things could easily have shaved off the necessary second to spike it in time.

Edit - rewatching the video, I think it is really the time difference between running and passing. For the GB game the ball was thrown at 14 seconds and the receiver was down at 12 seconds. For Dallas he stepped back for about 1.5 seconds, then took off at ~ 12 seconds and was down at 8 or 9 seconds. If you factor in the 2 additional seconds on the clock that GB had and the 2 additional seconds it took Dallas to end the play, it would leave Dallas at -1 second compared to GBs 3 seconds.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 25, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’d much rather have Dak Prescot as my QB than Rodgers because I wouldn’t have to hate myself.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d much rather have Dak Prescot as my QB than Rodgers because I wouldn’t have to hate myself.

Why is your self worth tied to who the qb is on the football team you arbitrarily like????

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Metapod posted:

Why is your self worth tied to who the qb is on the football team you arbitrarily like????

It’s kind of the human condition.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s kind of the human condition.

I assure you it's not

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I will hate Qron Rodgers forever for spouting stupid lies until he becomes a Bronco, then I will respect Aaron Rodgers for speaking his values.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
hell if you can love elway

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

it's hell if you can love elway

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Two QB's who just love horse paste.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

Lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I've always been a horse guy anyway. Such majestic beasts!

call me Mr Hands

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

:laugh:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If you got a problem with horses I know a guy named Overeem who likes to eat them.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You love Brady and he's a maga loving snake oil salesman soooo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

You love Brady and he's a maga loving snake oil salesman soooo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F9HWlgj-IDQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1486048386356854798

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmfao

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What the hell man.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Saints fans looking at Loomis: You... you can fix this too right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He can't hack it without a QB like Brees so he'd rather get paid a lot of money to talk to a camera for a few hours a week.