Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yes they're separate

Need to pick Ravana or Sephirot to try out tonight. Sephirot's gotta be the way but apparently Ravana the contender for the "big" server so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Cactrot posted:

I am on day 2 of WAR and I have realized that tanxiety is a fake problem.

:same:

Leveled WAR 1-90 over the Christmas break and truer words have never been spoken. Just pull until you can't anymore, eat mechanics during bosses, do whatever, who cares. Just press Bloodwhetting after, it's easy.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

6.08 notes

Machinist :smith:

Also :rip: DRG tether

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

woah boy those are some big paladin potency buffs

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

rip dragoon tethers

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Chillgamesh posted:

6.08 notes

You know, I thought the confiteor combo was weirdly weak, but this is a much bigger buff than I was expecting :stare:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The DNC buffs are insane.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

rip dragoon tethers

Aww, why's they remove those? I liked its uniqueness

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

a kitten posted:

Probably because the range is long enough to make them look fucky now/kept getting confused with mechanics

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

My best friend beams.....

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am extremely mad at the dragoon tether disappearing. Just fuming furious. Pounding up and down in a rage

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

VodeAndreas posted:

Yes they're separate

Need to pick Ravana or Sephirot to try out tonight. Sephirot's gotta be the way but apparently Ravana the contender for the "big" server so far.

Currently it looks like Ravana is going to be the "raid" server.

You know, so we can REJOICE IN THE GLORY OF COMBAT!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The DNC buffs are insane.

Yeah +40 Potency to each of their most-used GCDs is pretty nuts.

a kitten posted:

It no longer requires proximity to the Dragoon who cast it, you just get a buff from them now and you can gently caress off to the other side of the world and still have the buff for its duration

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

I am extremely mad at the dragoon tether disappearing. Just fuming furious. Pounding up and down in a rage

They should have at least replaced it with red and blue dragon buddies sitting on the shoulders of the dragoon and their (ex) tether buddy.

I'm happy with the spicy dancer buffs. They're not paladin spicy, but that's ok because holy poo poo paladin needed it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
every day minor arcana continues in it's current form I lose a piece of my sanity

and whm got completely shafted again lol

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

As a mostly BLM player I'm very glad to not have to worry about breaking the thing anymore, but I think I'll miss the big ol' red do your best beam anyway

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

Too many people running away scared from the power of the First Brood

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh thank god according to balance number crunchers the cursed -18s FoF opener wont become standard even with the magic combo buffs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Here is my dream dragoon rework. Note that I am a madman so this is a fever dream, or perhaps a nightmare:

• The GCD outline stays the same. Chaos thrust combo->two extenders->full thrust combo->two extenders
  • Randomized positionals from HW are back. Chaos thrust and full thrust will proc either wheeling thrust or fang and claw, randomly. You still do the other one after the random one.
  • Raiden Thrust is reverted to how it worked in shadowbringers: you only get it if you hit the second positional. The dumb wyrmwind mechanic is completely removed, but it still exists sort of; see below.
  • Geirskogul has like, a 120 second cooldown or something dumb like that. However, every single jump--high jump, spineshatter dive, dragonfire dive, and stardiver--resets the CD. Mirage dive is removed to make up for this. High jump now directly grants an eye.
  • When Geirskogul's CD is reset by Dragonfire Dive, it turns into something badass for the next use. Morn Afah, perhaps.
  • Nastrond now changes form each time you press it. The first time is nastrond, the second time is wyrmwind thrust, the third time is Ala Morn. This resets every life of the dragon, but it makes it feel good to get all three nastronds.
  • Life of the dragon, instead of giving you a red aura, now fully transforms you similar to reaper's thing. You look like Estinien from Final Steps of Faith. Alternatively, it could just give you the wings and make you float in the dragoon pose, I'm not attached to the idea of it changing your armor. This is the most vital part of my proposal
  • The tether keeps its 30y range but the tether is made visible again

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I should be able to throw lady of crowns at the boss, who says I can't???

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Those PLD buffs :eyepop:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Chillgamesh posted:

6.08 notes

Me, a MCH main: drat, a whole 60 potency across 3 skills, I'll be feasting tonight

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jeez, those huge buffs on the Paladin's...those skills you combo after the one that does a bunch of damage (I can never remember the names of any skills in this game, even after getting a job to max level; I just recognize their icons).

That's kind of nice, since I was really underwhelmed by the damage they did once I unlocked them (which I was really looking forward to).

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Maint got you down? Come ready some Job Finales in the Heavnesward LP

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, the Blade combo always felt weirdly weak despite being the capstone. Let's see now how I go.

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh thank god according to balance number crunchers the cursed -18s FoF opener wont become standard even with the magic combo buffs.

Hello, please get your cursed BLMesque openers outta my main, thanks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Hell yeah. I was already using the Confiteor combo on trash packs to get that DoT going, so getting a buff there is real nice.

Also, minor but really important (for some of you) update in the Resolved Issues: An issue wherein audio crackling and stuttering occurred under certain conditions.
* For players who continue to experience audio playback issues after the release of Patch 6.08, we ask that you consider disabling DualSense / DUALSHOCK 4 functionality.

The DualSense/DUALSHOCK option is a new one added with this patch under System Configuration, if you're confused about not seeing it before. Hopefully this will finally help those of you that were still having this issue.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ytlaya posted:

Jeez, those huge buffs on the Paladin's...those skills you combo after the one that does a bunch of damage (I can never remember the names of any skills in this game, even after getting a job to max level; I just recognize their icons).

Know the pain of SAM mains

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
honestly I even liked the gameplay of learning who I could tether when in savage. Changing your tether partner due to mechanics was kind of fun, and I'm sad to see it go

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

cheetah7071 posted:

Here is my dream dragoon rework. Note that I am a madman so this is a fever dream, or perhaps a nightmare:

• The tether keeps its 30y range but the tether is made visible again

completely on board with the whole list but also the partywide damage buff should draw white tethers from the dragoon to all party members, make dragoon the laser rave tether class cowards!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If those numbers hold up, looks like reaper is still several hundred dps ahead of the pack

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I started last may and went BLM, DNC, SAM for 'mains' doing the MSQ and then picked up PLD to learn tanking (currently 82), and AST to heal (72) but I'm bad at that.

None of my jobs felt underpowered and I'm not doing savage anyway - doing PN now on my SAM - but I do look forward to this patch :)

e; actually gently caress yeah, this is going to be fun on all my jobs. BOOM!

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 25, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're not on the store for a couple hours so no price yet, but the Omega outfits are getting added.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the rest of the outfit seems like it'd have to be worn as a set to be any good, but the omega-F gloves would probably be really nice in a lot of glamours

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

cheetah7071 posted:

If those numbers hold up, looks like reaper is still several hundred dps ahead of the pack

Eh? According to my reading of fflogs, rpr and mnk are, at the highest level, neck-and-neck at the top, with SAM and BLM 3-4-ish percent behind and RDM/DRG/NIN another 3-ish percent behind that. Am I wrong?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Poor poor SMN. Enough buffs that they acknowledge you there but not enough to matter.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bobfly posted:

Eh? According to my reading of fflogs, rpr and mnk are, at the highest level, neck-and-neck at the top, with SAM and BLM 3-4-ish percent behind and RDM/DRG/NIN another 3-ish percent behind that. Am I wrong?

3% of a good reaper is 200 or more dps

I didn't do the math on monk though so you're probably right there

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Never played DRG but those changes look good too or am I wrong? The tether stuff seems good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

squirrelzipper posted:

Never played DRG but those changes look good too or am I wrong? The tether stuff seems good.

tethering someone was very satisfying and I'm hopping mad, performatively fuming, that there isn't a big "this person is my favorite" visual indicator anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

cheetah7071 posted:

tethering someone was very satisfying and I'm hopping mad, performatively fuming, that there isn't a big "this person is my favorite" visual indicator anymore

Time to set up a macro to advertise your choice in party chat! (This actually happened to me when I was playing NIN in my first run of Rabanastre and just... constantly on the floor. I was glad for the vote of confidence, but dude, you probably would have gotten more DPS tethering the tank. Or, like, anybody)