Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

cheetah7071 posted:

3% of a good reaper is 200 or more dps

I didn't do the math on monk though so you're probably right there

We might be talking past each other. Not that it's terribly important, but just to make sure(r): I meant those are the current levels, which means the jobs' performance in terms of rDPS should just about line up perfectly post-6.08 if the proposed numbers hold up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

the rest of the outfit seems like it'd have to be worn as a set to be any good, but the omega-F gloves would probably be really nice in a lot of glamours

it is a single item that covers the whole body and replaces every part

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bobfly posted:

We might be talking past each other. Not that it's terribly important, but just to make sure(r): I meant those are the current levels, which means the jobs' performance in terms of rDPS should just about line up perfectly post-6.08 if the proposed numbers hold up?

oh in that case I'm probably just wrong. It's past midnight and I couldn't find the right page on fflogs for class averages so I did jankier things with my own logs, finding people who parsed similar ranks on different classes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ashtarath posted:

it is a single item that covers the whole body and replaces every part

rip

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

tethering someone was very satisfying and I'm hopping mad, performatively fuming, that there isn't a big "this person is my favorite" visual indicator anymore

So DNC here, I pick the biggest prettiest DPS and slap my non-consensual partner buff on them and then they my 'dance partner'. (that's it). I don't actually know what the DRG changes entail, sounded like less busy-work.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

squirrelzipper posted:

So DNC here, I pick the biggest prettiest DPS and slap my non-consensual partner buff on them and then they my 'dance partner'. (that's it). I don't actually know what the DRG changes entail, sounded like less busy-work.

it's functionally unchanged mechanically unless your preferred tether partner is off in narnia when the CD comes up, in which case the extended range helps. Graphically, it used to extend a red line between the two of you as long as the buff lasted, which was a lot of fun, imo, and I'm sad to see it gone

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was fun but jokes aside its easy to see why they removed it with how often it could be mistaken for a boss attack effect even by high tier players in certain fights

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
taking dragoon into Halicarnassus was art

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Strange that WHM got nothing. They don't seem to be in a good spot right now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

their problem isnt really potency so they cant really fix them with band-aids like this patch.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

their problem isnt really potency so they cant really fix them with band-aids like this patch.

yeah I think the belief is gameplay or job changes that aren't simple number tweaks (DRK, WHM) are a thing they're aware of, just not for this patch.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's not just a belief. YoshiP straight up said that only potency changes were coming in 6.08, and any bigger adjustments were going to have to wait until 6.1.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think the one thing I enjoy about PvP is using the "pull a guy towards you" skill during group vs group fights and just watching your group erase some poor guy that you pulled into their midst. I'm extremely bad with PvP* (the targeting limitations of using controller become much worse when facing a giant crowd of people), but that's one of the few ways I feel useful. I usually just play extremely cautiously and try to avoid dying.

* I've only used tanks and melee DPS in PvP so far, which is admittedly probably "hard mode" since the main way you get killed is overcommitting. I'm looking forward to trying out my BLM or AST (which I'll be throwing into the PVP mines soon for the XP; I think Frontlines might be the 3rd most effective roulette in terms of time to XP ratio).

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Here is my dream dragoon rework. Note that I am a madman so this is a fever dream, or perhaps a nightmare:

• Randomized positionals from HW are back. Chaos thrust and full thrust will proc either wheeling thrust or fang and claw, randomly. You still do the other one after the random one.

you are insane. everything else looks alright though

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

For those wondering about latency to Materia try 153.254.80.103

https://arrstatus.com/

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Here's my dream job rework: repeatedly hitting the same key causes my character to flawlessly execute their rotation, but only for me, and everyone else thinks I'm awesome at the game

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/mizuha1218/status/1485862393573830656?t=bhEUccY0h6XCcjaa9WlTjQ&s=19

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm considering moving to Oceanic servers so hopefully I don't trap myself in an empty, dead world.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ytlaya posted:

I think the one thing I enjoy about PvP is using the "pull a guy towards you" skill during group vs group fights and just watching your group erase some poor guy that you pulled into their midst. I'm extremely bad with PvP* (the targeting limitations of using controller become much worse when facing a giant crowd of people), but that's one of the few ways I feel useful. I usually just play extremely cautiously and try to avoid dying.

* I've only used tanks and melee DPS in PvP so far, which is admittedly probably "hard mode" since the main way you get killed is overcommitting. I'm looking forward to trying out my BLM or AST (which I'll be throwing into the PVP mines soon for the XP; I think Frontlines might be the 3rd most effective roulette in terms of time to XP ratio).

Tanks are pretty easy, melee is easy if you are a drg or nin, it's hell if you're a sam or rpr, and no opinion on monk. Drg and Nin have excellent ranged options and escapes and nin has completely nutty burst damage. Rpr has ok escape but crap for burst. Sam has good burst in theory but unless you've got a tank on voice you can tell to low blow your target so you can midare tsubame them it's just endlessly watching people outrange your midare's and being sad.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

VodeAndreas posted:

oh i was very worried that the https://arrstatus.com/ site was saying Materia was 260 latency, but cmd pinging it gives me 15.
:namazu:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zeruel posted:

oh i was very worried that the https://arrstatus.com/ site was saying Materia was 260 latency, but cmd pinging it gives me 15.
:namazu:

Pretty sure the latencies there are from NA and not your location, given NA are the lowest ones. You check using their Ips since they're the correct ones.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I'm about to go from 200ms to 7ms. Finally, no more looking at MCH and crying.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lol, my ping from SEA to Materia is 20ms higher than my ping to Elemental. Looks like I'm unlikely to swap.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.
I wanted to world transfer but looks like i have to wait until tonight to do that.

LET ME GO BACK HOME SQUARE

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Onean posted:

They're not on the store for a couple hours so no price yet, but the Omega outfits are getting added.

It doesn't include the hair YOSHI-P WHAT THE gently caress :argh:

(still bought it)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, I was sad about that too. :( At least there's the earrings?

In other interests, they made a FFXIV-style map of Australia and New Zealand.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1485938008503173122?t=cl-HTlKYWN4Jk-sG3klSPQ&s=19

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, the other thing I was hoping they'd do was put the emote up too, though I'm sure that's probably never going to happen.
:negative:

Being tied to the figure is such a shame for it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Onean posted:

Oh, the other thing I was hoping they'd do was put the emote up too, though I'm sure that's probably never going to happen.
:negative:

Being tied to the figure is such a shame for it.

God, don't remind me. I saw one being sold on ebay with the seal intact and was desperately tempted for a second.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know you're still drowsy when you read this post:

VodeAndreas posted:

and assume it was about gaming pentamelding rng via ping

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Onean posted:

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1485938008503173122?t=cl-HTlKYWN4Jk-sG3klSPQ&s=19

Maps WITH New Zealand :unsmith:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Onean posted:

Wow I can’t believe they spoiled Mercydia’s appearance.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Man, I'm wholly underwhelmed by the machinist changes. They are fairly consistently parsing under bards in raw dps, and their adjustment was... 90 potency a minute? I was hoping for something more significant like drg/pal.

Edit, I'm going to laugh my rear end off if vvvvv is true and mch is getting beat in raw by both brd and dnc now. Truely the job the developers forgot about.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 25, 2022

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Did a little napkin math. Rough estimates how they'll place based on new adjustments, with 1000 being top dps.
Monk - 1000
Reaper - 996
Black Mage - 992
Samurai - 989
Ninja - 985
Dragoon - 983
Red Mage - 943
Summoner - 941
Dancer - 929
Bard - 928
Machinist - 912
Dark Knight - 639
Gunbreaker - 631
Warrior - 622
Paladin - 617
Sage - 520
Scholar - 503
Astrologian - 500
White Mage - 493

Just rough estimates. Machinist is the one that sticks out most to me. Paladin and Dancer are healthy again. Red Mage and Black Mage might need some more love to compensate for their mobility challenges.

Grayshift fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 25, 2022

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Grayshift posted:

a bunch of arbitrary numbers

source: just trust me, bro.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
I didn't do anything revolutionary here, didn't think it was worth mentioning. If you care for my methodology, scraped median rDPS numbers from savage fflogs, multiply by Balance expected adjustments, normalize to percent of top dps.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Grayshift posted:

I didn't do anything revolutionary here, didn't think it was worth mentioning. If you care for my methodology, scraped median rDPS numbers from savage fflogs, multiply by Balance expected adjustments, normalize to percent of top dps.

Note that this methodology would leave BRD and DNC lower than actual outcomes, because it doesn't compensate for the knock-on effect of other people doing more DPS.

Meanwhile, I guess I'm leveling Dancer and Red Mage today. :sigh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kyrosiris posted:

Note that this methodology would leave BRD and DNC lower than actual outcomes, because it doesn't compensate for the knock-on effect of other people doing more DPS.

Meanwhile, I guess I'm leveling Dancer and Red Mage today. :sigh:

Play what you enjoy. Don't feel compelled to chase Number.

That said, Dancer and Red Mage are both cool and fun.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I don't really like the rotational changes in Endwalker for Machinist and chasing number is fun to me. :shrug:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Red Mage is an absolute blast, better than ever. Just incredibly smooth but with enough room for optimization that you don’t feel like you’re just on rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

^^^It's so much fun, I could easily see it becoming my new DPS main.

Grayshift posted:

Red Mage and Black Mage might need some more love to compensate for their mobility challenges.

I'm a DRG main who only recently started RDM and haven't done any EW endgame content with it yet, but what are the mobility challenges? I guess keeping swiftcast and/or the second acceleration charge in your pocket is slightly suboptimal from a MAX DEEPS standpoint but doing so means I pretty much never have my GCD stop spinning even in fights where I don't always know what's coming next.

Theris fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 25, 2022