Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
getting a giggle out of the fact that at least nobody seems to have decided Coastal GasLink owners are "public servants whose homes we shouldn't protest outside"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’ve just learned that a Canadian commission ruled that the Waffen SS was not, in fact, a Criminal Organization, so who loving knows at this point?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Comedy option, truckers convoy will turn into Canada's own bargain basement Jan 6. Altho last time they tried this it was just Scheer awkwardly palling around with faith Goldy on a stage. Either way :munch:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if they're going to storm parliament, hopefully they brought something better than a cowboy rifle

Mysterious Jim
Sep 7, 2021
If they're anything like the truckers I deal with at work, they're gonna end up being about 5 hours later than expected and show up to an empty and closed Parliament.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
How quickly we forgot the friendly manitoba sausage maker

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

graphic design is my passion

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that is a high quality t-shirt right there.

shooting it on a bare mattress is just :kiss:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

infernal machines posted:

that is a high quality t-shirt right there.

shooting it on a bare mattress is just :kiss:

only $15 a pop on fb marketplace in brandon if you want one

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

Comedy option, truckers convoy will turn into Canada's own bargain basement Jan 6. Altho last time they tried this it was just Scheer awkwardly palling around with faith Goldy on a stage. Either way :munch:

it will be like Mussolini march on rome. treadeu will immediately capitulate and declare Gavin McInnes fuhrer

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:58 on Oct 29, 2022

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Futanari Damacy posted:

Don't tell me Old Country Wieners is a chud meatpacking consortium :ohdear:

No. The dude who rammed his truck through the fence of Rideau with guns

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DariusLikewise posted:

only $15 a pop on fb marketplace in brandon if you want one

let's go back to brandon

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/AblegSimpson/status/1485444149495033857

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

bunnyofdoom posted:

No. The dude who rammed his truck through the fence of Rideau with guns

It was a Made in Manitoba solution to an imaginary problem.

As was Patrik Mathews.

We definitely don't have a white male domestic terrorism problem.

Let's all focus on Ukraine. You know, where we helped engineer a coup with the aid of domestic terrorists...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Maidan for thee but not for me.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah the problem is that reactionary violence is a very convenient tool for the government.

Just like that Nova Scotia killer having ties to the RCMP for some reason.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
our next prime minister lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I forgot to mention that that commission’s findings specified that they were unable to locate evidence of Nazi scientists or doctors in Canada, which means we really did specifically Paperclip camp guards. Incredible.

“The Commission has drawn up three lists of suspects: a Master List of 774 names (Appendix II-E);an Addendum of 38 names (Appendix II-F)) and a list of 71 German scientists and technicians (Appendix II-G). (p. 262)”

“Among the 71 files on German scientists and technicians (Appendix II-G) the following cases should be closed: (p. 274)
9 who entered Canada and have died in this country; 4 who entered Canada and left for another country; 2 who never entered Canada;
I where there is no prima facie case”

“In the course of time, the Commission was apprised of operation "Matchbox" aimed at securing for the Allies the greatest number of top-notch German scientists. The operation presented a serious security problem inasmuch as those scientists might well have been involved in the Nazi war effort. Fresh in everybody's mind must then have been the discussions which would eventually lead to the trial at Niirnberg of the I.G. Farben directors.'

The Government of Canada became involved in the operation and insisted upon "the most careful security screening before the individual cases are finally approved ". The admission of selected German scientists and technicians and details of their employment were settled by Order-in-Council P.C. 2047, on 29 May 1947.
The security screenings were conducted by two distinct panels established by the British Board of Trade. The DARWIN panel was assigned the responsibility of recruiting and screening of scientists for industry while the other panel, under the Deputy Chiefs of Staff Committee, dealt with scientists destined for military research. In both situations the panel was to verify if the applicant was a member of the Nazi Party and whether he was sufficiently qualified to contribute something worthwhile in his field of endeavour in the host country.

A memorandum dated 6 January 1947, from Parsons, RCMP, to Jolliffe, Immigration, stated that the RCMP found the method used for screening "quite suitable for [its] requirements". It may, therefore, be safely assumed that a candidate having engaged in war crimes would have been rejected by the panel examining him and consequently would not have gained admission to Canada. Similarly, a pro-Nazi would have been rejected.

The Commission has learned that 71 German scientists and technicians were considered for admission to Canada.

“The records in question contain no date or place of birth and describe in general terms only the occupations and occasionally the crimes of which the subject is suspected. The few possibilities do not apply to those scientists and technicians found living in Canada.”

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Jan 26, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Canada is the filter for USA. US gets the useful people they want, we get to keep the leftovers.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ironic and fatalistic, sure, but I can guarantee you that sober souls are not to be found in abundance in Eastern Europe.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mila kunis posted:

lol. recent convert syndrome, but for nationalism

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

mila kunis posted:

hmm yes. “a new human type” eh?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Futanari Damacy posted:

That or they're doing something called "lying"

We got 71 low level scientists or technicians, notably not in rocketry, aviation, advanced research, nuclear science etc. but things like organic chemistry and metallurgy, going from the list.

We also got an entire SS division.

This was a pretty loving bad deal, so I don’t know what the gently caress. Also, all of these scientists and technicians were screened, but the following year we signed a secret memorandum with the UK not to prosecute war criminals, which is when we started taking in the Ukrainians. We subjected a few dozen technicians to all of this investigation, keeping in mind the upcoming trial of IG Farben, but then turned around a deliberately didn’t investigate thousands of people that were known to have been in the Waffen SS and Auxillery Police units. That’s a pretty wild pivot.

What the gently caress?!

I can’t put my finger on it exactly, but going through DP and POW camps to scoop up SS was obviously deliberate, as indicated by the memos in 1947 and 48, but I don’t understand what we could have possibly gained from it. Australia did the same thing at the same time, again after that secret memo from the UK.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Jan 26, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
freeland was also a spy in ukraine before the soviet union dissolved

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just imagine, a low rent putin knockoff, but she's a lady, because it's 2022

the funniest part is despite all of this, there's almost no chance the opposition will bring up the hardcore ukranian nationalist stuff come an election where she's running as party leader

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

infernal machines posted:

just imagine, a low rent putin knockoff, but she's a lady, because it's 2022

the funniest part is despite all of this, there's almost no chance the opposition will bring up the hardcore ukranian nationalist stuff come an election where she's running as party leader

Love it that the most likely future leader of our country believes she's actually the only true citizen of a foreign country, more so than the people living there. Oh wait that actually sounds very Canadian when I type it out.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

the freedom convoy rolled through brandon today and by all appearances it was not as big as the audacious claims on social media. it does seem however that they are going to try and storm parliament hill in a jan 6 style event, shits about to get wild

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I hope it's as funny as 1/6.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i hope there's another taser balls incident

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

CLAM DOWN posted:

i hope there's another taser balls incident

Please this, all i want for political events in this stupid failed country for 2022 is January 6 part 2: This Time It's Trucks

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

DariusLikewise posted:

the freedom convoy rolled through brandon today and by all appearances it was not as big as the audacious claims on social media. it does seem however that they are going to try and storm parliament hill in a jan 6 style event, shits about to get wild

I was gonna ask where they were at, travel-wise.

Does Parliament Hill have special security detachments to deal with this sort of thing? I want to say they do, but after that guy made it in with a rifle I'm not so sure. Hopefully they'll beef things up for these morons' arrival.

Personally I hope the Sergeant at Arms gets to use the ceremonial mace against one of them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

good I hope it works then they figure out the parliament building doesn't actually have any powers to control canada

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

mila kunis posted:

lol, what’s this from because god drat

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/le_petit_trek/status/1484977136049876994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

I was gonna ask where they were at, travel-wise.

Does Parliament Hill have special security detachments to deal with this sort of thing? I want to say they do, but after that guy made it in with a rifle I'm not so sure. Hopefully they'll beef things up for these morons' arrival.

Personally I hope the Sergeant at Arms gets to use the ceremonial mace against one of them.

well I think Center block is a big pit right now surrounded by construction fence