Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1485612824583888898

wait what's that about bridges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some trucks can't go on certain bridges because they're too heavy when fully loaded.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Some trucks can't go on certain bridges because they're too heavy when fully loaded.

I know that, I'm wondering if Biden knows

e: well, whoever is running the social media account/creating the message anyway

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 25, 2022

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/StrictlyChristo/status/1485375239785615360

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Don’t rewatch fight club.

Just let it live on in your memory

A teacher in college had us all write a paper on fight club, and the teacher praised and called out my paper as being exemplary to the entire class.

Ive never seen fight club.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

I know that, I'm wondering if Biden knows

e: well, whoever is running the social media account/creating the message anyway

I'd hope it means building and renovating bridges that can take increased weight loads, not just filing off the rules of our aging road system.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao we’re the wrong country to lift weight restrictions on bridges

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Trump won Florida by ~370,000 votes. Florida has reported 60k deaths from covid (lol the real number is way higher).

If we sat down for an academic exercise and assumed all deaths were republicans and in swing states, we maybe could mathematically make it matter... but in real life the deaths are spread out and it very likely just doesn't matter.

e: But who knows! 2024 presidential election is far away and there's plenty of time for more sacrifices to be made to the altar of capital.

DeSantis won by less than half a percent over Andrew Gillum - Not saying FLorida would flip blue today, and it would probably go to another republican, but that math is easy to see how it could flip.

e: I made spicy wings last night and now I got the hot snakes

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'd hope it means building and renovating bridges that can take increased weight loads, not just filing off the rules of our aging road system.

Yes, this is what he means. They just signed a big infrastructure bill. He’s talking about improving infrastructure, it’s not that hard.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao we’re the wrong country to lift weight restrictions on bridges

Our bridges are actually terrible, yeah. Especially in the Midwest, Appalachia, and east coast. This is such a short sighted ruling I half expect the Dems to be throwing 2024 so the GOP lives with the consequences. They're that thoughtless, at least

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lol i promise you no matter how many people die FL is not going blue anytime soon

Will be pretty blue once it has sunk into the ocean.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
We’re not lifting weight restrictions. He’s talking about the infrastructure bill that just passed that’s going to fix bridges that currently cannot support enough weight and trucks have to reroute. It isn’t at all clear and whoever is in charge of the account needs to work on messaging.

It’s poorly worded af, but there’s a lot of money for repair/reinforcement of existing bridges.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Barudak posted:

A teacher in college had us all write a paper on fight club, and the teacher praised and called out my paper as being exemplary to the entire class.

Ive never seen fight club.

Our final for some bullshit required common intro to sociology class was writing like 10 pages minimum comparing and contrasting some documentary I missed in class and The Pursuit of Happiness which I also never watched. I word puked all over my laptop two hours before class in the student lounge and got a full 100% on it lol :smug:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Skwirl posted:

I assume if The Donald can't run either Don Jr or Ivana runs and locks the Republican nomination and then would lose to Biden, but they are also loving constant grifters and might realize there's a lot more money in not running for president , but if Biden can't run for a second term I have no idea who the Democratic nominee would be, Kamala Harris would obviously throw her hat in the ring, but I think she'd lose if basically any halfway charismatic Democrat ran against her unless the DNC just loving leaned on the table for her. Harris would definitely lose to any Republican able to get the nomination. A Harris vs Cruz race would be funny because no one likes either of them, so you could probably switch your states electoral votes by just convincing 12 people you know to bother to vote for whichever person you prefer.

If Trump doesn't/can't run, I feel pretty confident the Republican candidate is going to be DeSantis. Anything can happen, but in a Donald Trump-free primary, he's going to go in as a prohibitive favorite.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress DeSantis.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neither ivanka nor don jr are running for anything. Ivanka is bag of nails stupid and can barely talk. Don jr isn’t much better and is a huge coke head to boot.

If don jr was serious about running he would have pilfered some lovely house seat somewhere, but that entire group has balked when presented with the work needed to actually run for anything.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Baron just had a slightly stronger chin, he'd be the future god-king for sure.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think it'd have to be another outsider if it's not DeSantis. Like I can see enough R's being vaccinated to not go for his schtick, but enough are and I don't see how they split the vote to anyone else. Like who else fits in the bullpen? Cruz? some 'moderate' R governor? lol, no. It'd have to be another storm around a personality.

And for sure none of Trump's fail kids qualify

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mike Lindell, MyPresident

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1485754308633243649?s=20

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fiz you like to talk NC politics, is Lara Trump still running for a Senate seat there or whatever

Kalli posted:

I think it'd have to be another outsider if it's not DeSantis. Like I can see enough R's being vaccinated to not go for his schtick, but enough are and I don't see how they split the vote to anyone else. Like who else fits in the bullpen? Cruz? some 'moderate' R governor? lol, no. It'd have to be another storm around a personality.

IIRC there were whispers of Trump and Desantis each trying to browbeat the other into sitting out 2024, but I haven't followed it much in the past few months so I don't know if that's still a thing. Still plenty of time for chaos before people have to actually start running.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

IIRC there were whispers of Trump and Desantis each trying to browbeat the other into sitting out 2024, but I haven't followed it much in the past few months so I don't know if that's still a thing. Still plenty of time for chaos before people have to actually start running.

I presume it'll be Trump unless he falls over dead.

If that happens, then I presume DeSantis as the segment of R's that wouldn't go for him split amongst a half dozen regional zero chancers.

Unless.... Dana White

Anyway, enough politics, have some ball meets bat

https://twitter.com/ConnorNewcomb_/status/1485744384322715651

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Swingin with the wrong bat there.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

I'm p sure everyone has sized ted up as the worm he is and accordingly loathes him. would be v surprising to see him win the nomination.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

SC State Rep Chumley has proposed a bill that would make asking about vaccination status a misdemeanor.

https://www.live5news.com/2022/01/25/newly-proposed-sc-law-would-make-it-crime-ask-about-vaccine-status/

Very cool.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

I'm p sure everyone has sized ted up as the worm he is and accordingly loathes him. would be v surprising to see him win the nomination.

He nearly lost in Texas to Beto. The guy is hated everywhere. I just don’t see how he wins. Desantis seems the choice right now. He’s been angling for 2024 for a long time. I don’t know who else even has a national presence.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Can't decide if DeSantis is just a regular political fuckstick using popular sentiment to get himself elected or if he's actually the competent fascist that will really ruin the back half of the 20s.

Either way, he's Trump's heir at least as far as the MAGAs I've talked to. Ted Cruz is a pansy, Marco Rubio is a wuss, Mike Pence is a traitor, Greg Abbott is a crippled DeSantis, Nikki Haley's not hot enough, and everyone else makes too much money as a grifter.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

SC State Rep Chumley has proposed a bill that would make asking about vaccination status a misdemeanor.

https://www.live5news.com/2022/01/25/newly-proposed-sc-law-would-make-it-crime-ask-about-vaccine-status/

Very cool.

the free speech loving right

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm ready for the Jindalssance

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

dirty shrimp money posted:

Can't decide if DeSantis is just a regular political fuckstick using popular sentiment to get himself elected or if he's actually the competent fascist that will really ruin the back half of the 20s.

Either way, he's Trump's heir at least as far as the MAGAs I've talked to. Ted Cruz is a pansy, Marco Rubio is a wuss, Mike Pence is a traitor, Greg Abbott is a crippled DeSantis, Nikki Haley's not hot enough, and everyone else makes too much money as a grifter.

He keeps trying tonform various independent police agencies. He is full on fascist

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

Neither ivanka nor don jr are running for anything. Ivanka is bag of nails stupid and can barely talk. Don jr isn’t much better and is a huge coke head to boot.

If don jr was serious about running he would have pilfered some lovely house seat somewhere, but that entire group has balked when presented with the work needed to actually run for anything.

That video going around recently of him clearly aping his dad’s manner of speaking cracks me up. He just wants people to love him as much as they love his dad!

Kalli posted:

Anyway, enough politics, have some ball meets bat

https://twitter.com/ConnorNewcomb_/status/1485744384322715651

Just some guys being dudes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

e: But who knows! 2024 presidential election is far away and there's plenty of time for more sacrifices to be made to the altar of capital.

I'm willing to bet that roughly the same number of people will die from in 2022 as in 2021, and depending on what new mutations we get, roughly the same number will continue to die every year. Also we will never have another lock down like we did in 2020.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

If Trump doesn't/can't run, I feel pretty confident the Republican candidate is going to be DeSantis. Anything can happen, but in a Donald Trump-free primary, he's going to go in as a prohibitive favorite.

I can only remember one primary in my voting adult life where the clear (non-incumbent) frontrunner years out actually got the nom.

92- Tsongas, 96- complicated (Powell, who didn’t run, then a very weak Dole had a hard fight), 00- McCain, 04- Dean, 08-Hillary, Giuliani, 12- Romney*, 16- no frontrunner (tossup Cruz/Trump)

I counted Gore ‘00 and Hillary ‘08 as incumbents because of continuity from the outgoing Administration; the GOP didn’t have anyone equivalent running in 2008.

Romney in 2012 was really the only one that largely cruised for years into a nom.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

I can only remember one primary in my voting adult life where the clear (non-incumbent) frontrunner years out actually got the nom.

92- Tsongas, 96- complicated (Powell, who didn’t run, then a very weak Dole had a hard fight), 00- McCain, 04- Dean, 08-Hillary, Giuliani, 12- Romney*, 16- no frontrunner (tossup Cruz/Trump)

I counted Gore ‘00 and Hillary ‘08 as incumbents because of continuity from the outgoing Administration; the GOP didn’t have anyone equivalent running in 2008.

Romney in 2012 was really the only one that largely cruised for years into a nom.

I’d argue that Bush was a slight frontrunner in 2000, and I’d also say Biden was a slight favorite in 2020 pre-Iowa.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Someone I know was asking for name suggestions for a dog with a white-tipped tail and I suggested Eevee like the pokemon nerd I am. She then asked me if the pokemon was male, female, or non-binary and y'all, I was not prepared to think about the sexual identity of pokemon today. Non binary pokemon.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There are genderless Pokémon, but it’s usually things like robots or keychain Pokémon

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I meal prepped stir fry for lunch this week and realized yesterday after hearing the first one up at lunch that the beef strips I bought and cooked smell really offputting and gross :(

So I just picked them all out and continued to make it because I loaded it all up with kind of expensive oyster and shiitake mushies and I’m not throwing five days worth of lunches out!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Well, yes, I don't think anyone is thinking about the gender of a Magnetron.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Braksgirl posted:

Well, yes, I don't think anyone is thinking about the gender of a Magnetron.

Well, I didn't before, but now I'm not sure I can stop thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

“-tron” is typically a masculine honorific, correct? Like the adult version of “-kun”, in robot language.