Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svemynoNXW4&feature=youtu.be

New official video overview of a Kislev campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I’m totally certain that by the end of this we will have an option for not just fully customizable human lord but a fully customizable lord of any of the races. Vampires, orcs, elves, it’s all on the table! One of the dev interviews on YouTube had them talking about wanting to bring the shogun 2 style, make your own lord, in this game. It’s coming.

There’s even a “import character” feature in the game at launch for custom battles that lets you take your campaign LL (not just the godslayer) into a custom battle!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m just waiting for the mod that lets you slap an orc head on an elf body with dwarf arms and demon wings

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Dr Christmas posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svemynoNXW4&feature=youtu.be

New official video overview of a Kislev campaign.

lmao the khrone siege towers surf on skulls to move

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Aside from a Dogs of War faction, the new outpost mechanic makes me think invariably we will get a LL that specializes in using troops from other factions.

e: I mean the whole stack, not Slaanesh's two unit steal which will drive me absolutely crazy haha

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

god damnit i'm not sure i can handle that guy's voice this morning

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Didn't realise those pistol Kossars also had shields. Kislev has some really strong infantry, can't wait to get owned trying to use them!

Twigand Berries posted:

god damnit i'm not sure i can handle that guy's voice this morning
To be fair this is Warhammer, he's basically perfect with that in mind.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kislev may not be too neglected afterall. Some potentially cool mechanics.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Vagabong posted:

The build your own lord mechanics also make for great DLC fodder once CA's covered all the obvious lore accurate lords.

On the matter of Daemon similarities, they're all very thematically and aesthetically different, but they're all evil demons: if that doesn't appeal to someone then they'll find all four factions unappealing. Its the same as if someone was disinterested in playing a human faction; Kislev and Cathay are clearly very different but that wouldn't make either more appealing.

I'm one of the rare weirdos that is uninterested in the human factions and hasn't gotten closer to them than playing Norsca, but I'm not going to accuse the Empire and Brettonia of boring, similar gameplay because they're both all human

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

In contrast I started with historical TW before moving to Warhammer, so I'm much more of a fan of the human or human-esque good guy factions like the Empire or Bretonnia or the High Elves. All of them play a lot differently from each other and I'm excited to have a couple more options in Kislev and Cathay.

But I'm also super pumped to have a new array of insane supernatural hordes to fight off, and I'm glad people with more exotic tastes get a bunch of fun toys to play with too. Game caters to all types of players and it owns for it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
OK, I finished XCOM 2 and want to restart my Tomb Kings campaign, which Growth mod do I want?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Those Kislev settlement maps look really good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Marin Karin posted:

Slaanesh mechanics got left at the gas station and CA is too tired to drive back to pick them up.

Real answer is just their blog guy left, and it's a job that requires so much back and forth with several different branches that it's probably easier to just wait until the Slaanesh embargo is lifted and let someone make a "Slaanesh mechanics revealed!" video.

Something that astounds me is that I heard one of our marketing guys talk about what he referred to as the future of advertising - having people make the ads themselves. At the time I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard, but 15 years later, and *waves at influencers*

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Twigand Berries posted:

Aside from a Dogs of War faction, the new outpost mechanic makes me think invariably we will get a LL that specializes in using troops from other factions.

e: I mean the whole stack, not Slaanesh's two unit steal which will drive me absolutely crazy haha

The Iron Dragon basically already does this. His faction gets -25% to ogre mercs upkeep, he gets a base -25% upkeep to melee units in his army, and then he has a skill that reduces ogre merc upkeep an additional -25% for a grand total of -75% upkeep for a beefy boi front line. I cannot wait to try it out and see what future lords will go nuts with the idea.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angrymantium posted:

I really don't get this kind of complaint in the context of a Total War game. You have an all melee faction with no magic, you have the magic and ranged glass cannon faction, the tanky attrition faction, and the chariot heavy fast micro intensive faction. They all have a pretty varied playstyle in battle even before you account for their campaign mechanics.

It's more aesthetics I suppose, they come in different colours but they're all just the same gribblers to me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

OwlFancier posted:

It's more aesthetics I suppose, they come in different colours but they're all just the same gribblers to me.

...? But they don't really even look alike?

You've got the gross body-horror disease ones, the one-boobed sexy ones, the magic gremlins and the burly mechanical ones. Also each of them has a dominant vibrant color scheme.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Huh, because my general impression was that while Chaos shares some aesthetic similarities (though they do look fairly different to me) they did a good job of differentiating the factions gameplay wise. I think Slaanesh will play like WH1 WEs with fast, hard-hitting cavalry and infantry while Khorne is going to be the closest to current WoC, with heavy infantry and cavalry advancing under artillery fire. Tzeentch has a ton of ranged units with no major melee presence, but a lot of their ranged units are short-ranged with AoEs and limited ammo, so even for a "ranged heavy" faction they might play differently. Nurgle might play like Khorne I suppose, but the other two seem like they would play fairly differently.

e: really hyped for Kislev.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 25, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I can't imagine not playing every faction but in my case I was already a Warhammer fan from before the game was even announced so

Like I'm constantly posting about wanting chorfs but that's more to do with finally having a game with every single playable race from 8th ed (and more - Kislev, Cathay, Norsca, Vampire Coast) than because they are my favorites or whatever.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zore posted:

...? But they don't really even look alike?

You've got the gross body-horror disease ones, the one-boobed sexy ones, the magic gremlins and the burly mechanical ones. Also each of them has a dominant vibrant color scheme.

I don't really know what to tell you, as I said they all look like portions of the same faction to me, which they should because they are all chaos.

Like how lizardmen have skinks, saurus, krox, frogs, and dinos, but they're all lizardmen, they feel coherent as a faction.

I suppose stuff like them all seemingly having the robot spider guy in different flavours helps with that, and I think a bunch of them also have the angry shirtless dudes wearing different outfits.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mordja posted:

OK, I finished XCOM 2 and want to restart my Tomb Kings campaign, which Growth mod do I want?

I like this one. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2550163778

feller
Jul 5, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I don't really know what to tell you, as I said they all look like portions of the same faction to me, which they should because they are all chaos.

Like how lizardmen have skinks, saurus, krox, frogs, and dinos, but they're all lizardmen, they feel coherent as a faction.

I suppose stuff like them all seemingly having the robot spider guy in different flavours helps with that, and I think a bunch of them also have the angry shirtless dudes wearing different outfits.

Do you feel that way about HE and DE too?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

yeti friend posted:

Do you feel that way about HE and DE too?

Less so, I think, though dark elves are another faction I haven't really played because I haven't really clicked with them. They are clearly themed alike in some ways but there are also differences, and I don't think there are that many direct unit comparisons, dark elves seem to like their weird hybrid crossbow units while high elves are more basic spear and bow ranks, though both get magic monsters obviously. Dark elves can probably do the spear and ranged ranks but they seem more focused on the high mobility fragile units, not really my thing though so I've never gotten more than a few turns into their campaign.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Fortunately, you don't have to play chaos, theres three other factions with multiple legendary lords in each! With so loving much DLC to come! (Total War: Neckbeard is probably the only game series where I rub my hands together in anticipation of more DLC.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
But I don't want to play Pontus.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I definitely expect I'll spend more time beating up the daemon factions than actually playing them even before Mortal Empires 2 launches. Still think they look sweet. Plus it gives Grimgrog more stuff to krump

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Doomykins posted:

:confused: But every faction is Pontus?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Doomykins posted:

But I do.

NOW WHAT

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Twigand Berries posted:

Hey buddy, mind chasing down the fleeing enemies for me? That actually might be kind of fun for awhile. Just micro intensive dog play.

I had a coop campaign where I directly controlled my ally's hellcannon. Piloting projectiles like they are a glider lets them get even more work done once you've gotten enough practice.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 25, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doomykins posted:

I cant wait to name my build-a-bear Demon "Mithridates VI"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My demon lord’s name is Grim’Gor and one must imagine him happy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

Fortunately, you don't have to play chaos, theres three other factions with multiple legendary lords in each! With so loving much DLC to come! (Total War: Neckbeard is probably the only game series where I rub my hands together in anticipation of more DLC.)

It's not a complaint, the other factions look interesting and there are people who want to play chaos, and I am sure I will try it and see if I enjoy it. As I said I expect them to seem similar because they are part of the same faction, it would be weird if they didn't. It is an accurate representation of how they look in other formats.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Thanks!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

It's not a complaint, the other factions look interesting and there are people who want to play chaos, and I am sure I will try it and see if I enjoy it. As I said I expect them to seem similar because they are part of the same faction, it would be weird if they didn't. It is an accurate representation of how they look in other formats.

They are the same faction in the same way that the Lizardmen and the Empire are the same faction because they are both in the Order faction.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

how many minor settlement maps are gonna be in? would need at least a dozen to keep things fresh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean also their gimmick is that they mutate stuff based on what the dudes like doing, so you have angry mutant men, horny mutant men etc.

They all live in their own pocket worlds that are colour themed and have their own personal aesthetic touches etc and the land is all messed up etc.

They're a lot more similar I think that say, orcs and skaven are.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

how many minor settlement maps are gonna be in? would need at least a dozen to keep things fresh
I think a lot. As in, every faction has multiple, from what I understand? There is a video floating around that an influencer made that I think is just mostly silence as you get a flyover of all the settlement battle maps. Its a decently long video.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 25, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
To me the TW daemon factions look vastly more different than they were on tabletop, which is good. Differenter than the various elves, even, especially HE and DE whose rosters are almost 1:1 copies just with different gimmicks. The slaanesh infantry/cav roster vs the tzeentch one is entirely different. Elves you've got spear, archer, skirmish guy, fast cav, knight, bolt thrower, greatsword guy, halberd guy, blender...

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The new settlement maps all look very good but I'm still pretty iffy on how the AI handles them. A lot of moving around for no reason and consequently getting owned from what I saw in some Youtuber videos. If I wanted that I'd just load some GCCM maps lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

The new settlement maps all look very good but I'm still pretty iffy on how the AI handles them. A lot of moving around for no reason and consequently getting owned from what I saw in some Youtuber videos. If I wanted that I'd just load some GCCM maps lol
Everything I have seen and heard on the topic is the complete opposite.