Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Absolutely. And hell in Harry's case he literally can't be written worse than he was on Voyager, so win/win. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Eimi posted:

But wouldn't mirror Janeway be a good person given how evil prime Janeway is? :v:

Janeway came back just to demote Harry back to Ensign again

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Janeway's back, both Prime and Mirror. Also retroactively added to the Delta Quadrant arc.

Also free T6 Ship Coupon for the next 30 days. No 12th Anniversary bundle yet, probably next week based on previous paterns.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, a straight-up one-click T6 coupon is way more than I would've expected from them.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah that's a great surprise.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Most interestingly, it's a "T6 Ship Coupon - 100% Off", not a "100% Discount Coupon: Tier 6 Ship". The first can buy T6 ships in the "New" tab of the C-Store, the second can't. Neither can apply to bundles.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Interesting. I'm probably going to go ahead and get the old t6 jem'hadar dreadnought. It's the last of the old Dominion ships that requires a JH character to unlock account-wide that I don't have, and once I have this I'll be free to delete my JH character.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Mirror Geordi fucks like Riker.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Quick self-correction: Mirror is "Marshall Janeway".

My hopes and dreams of Emperor Geordi live on.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'm rather torn on what I want. The only trait that could be nice is from the temporal dread, but I don't want to break that bundle. Might just pick up the Titan for barbie reasons.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

I'm rather torn on what I want. The only trait that could be nice is from the temporal dread, but I don't want to break that bundle. Might just pick up the Titan for barbie reasons.

Yeah I've kind run out of traits I really need so it's coming down to barbie. There's the Sutherland, the Pathfinder, one of the Odyssey variants...and the T6 Cheyenne coming out in theory too.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

I just finished the new episode and... huh. Actually surprised me. The big voice actors are all on-point, and the new mirror odyssey uniform looks good.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Playing it now. I really like the interiors of Jupiter Station, very well done for the jigsaw-set corridors, the atrium is nice. All looks very TNG writ large, lots of nice wood accents. Although a bit more blinding white, but they manage it in a fairly TNG way.

Did they upgrade the engine recently to have smooth lots-of-frame animations on all the in-game screens?

I appreciate all the doors enemy adds come out of have this label:

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Quick self-correction: Mirror is "Marshall Janeway".

My hopes and dreams of Emperor Geordi live on.

Cryptic likes a gag, I'm betting Emperor Wesley.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 25, 2022

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
The Gagarin trait is basically mandatory for discount torpedo builds, right? I'm getting slightly bored of beams, but already have a 5/3 miracle worker ship, so it would pretty much just be for the trait.

I'm open to other suggestions of T6 traits that can single-handedly facilitate a poor man's cannon or science build.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Finished the ep: fuckin lol at the good ol' cryptic "let's throw every single plot ever seen in Star Trek in a blender and see what the most batshit thing we can think of is"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Finished the ep: fuckin lol at the good ol' cryptic "let's throw every single plot ever seen in Star Trek in a blender and see what the most batshit thing we can think of is"

Yeah it's great after the snorefest that J'ula was. Give me this level of batshit insanity any day of the week.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Anyone done the TFO? With there being no patrols this time and the omega thing being only half credit, looks like it might be TFO dailies to get the ship.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Once again, mirror universe people know how to fire to disable, but not the original starfleet. At this point I think they're doing it as a deliberate goof.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Most interestingly, it's a "T6 Ship Coupon - 100% Off", not a "100% Discount Coupon: Tier 6 Ship". The first can buy T6 ships in the "New" tab of the C-Store, the second can't. Neither can apply to bundles.

So if I hold onto this, I can use it for future ships when they're released?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the new TFO soloable?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

AfroSquirrel posted:

So if I hold onto this, I can use it for future ships when they're released?

As things stand currently, yes. Assuming the ship is available by itself, and not only available in a bundle. The Legendary ships have all been bundled in some fashion. A bundle is anything that's not the ship by itself, so a second ship (of any tier) or upgrades will block it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Eimi posted:

Yeah it's great after the snorefest that J'ula was. Give me this level of batshit insanity any day of the week.

Man, I've still got to finish that arc and ugh :effort:

I think I kind of lost interest about when they did the double backstab reveal and you had to save her on the world that they were bombarding with the elachi WMD? Something like that?

Man, somehow they made klingon drama boring. I re-played the klingon-specific arcs when they had that recruitment event and I still dig those. But the j'ula poo poo? :tootzzz:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I am getting strong Evil Troy and Abed IN THE MORNING! -vibes here.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Oh man, I thought I was the only one that HATED the mirror universe stuff.

With how often mirror universe stuff comes up, I thought everyone but me loved it or something. I do like how much fun the actors seem to have with the voice dialogue. That at least makes it entertaining.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

fullTimeLurker posted:

Oh man, I thought I was the only one that HATED the mirror universe stuff.

With how often mirror universe stuff comes up, I thought everyone but me loved it or something. I do like how much fun the actors seem to have with the voice dialogue. That at least makes it entertaining.

it can be done well or it can be done poo poo. It's best when it is basically an extra little flourish and not a major plot point. I dunno, I'm thinking of the difference between how DS9 had that recurring side-arc about the mirror stuff and used it to tell some fun adventure stories vs. how Disco made it the linchpin of the entire first season.

I do agree that it is wildly overused in STO, and I suspect it's because it's a really easy way to have a zero stakes enemy and get weird with the story without stepping on continuity / lore toes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also you can reuse a bunch of assets

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah, I don't mind when it's camp fun like this, but it's really terrible when it tries to be 'serious'. Doubly so with just how many are all too happy to 'ironically' support the terrans.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The space TFO is pretty simple, only remarkable thing is that Mirror Kuumarke turns up in the ISS Reskava as a miniboss.

Wonder if it can be solo afk'd.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The dashing space adventures of Marshall Janeway was of surprisingly high quality with quite good cutscene work.

Definitely a fan of fun space camp.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Eimi posted:

Yeah, I don't mind when it's camp fun like this, but it's really terrible when it tries to be 'serious'. Doubly so with just how many are all too happy to 'ironically' support the terrans.

On a similar note, I'm expecting to see a lot of 'ironic' support for the literally Fascist Federation seen in the Picard S2 trailer.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
I was pleased for the voice acting of an unexpected character, and how they handled that situation so that it applies to all but the most avid Terran RPers. Story episode didn't break into an incomprehensible standstill that failed to progress, so another positive. I would have liked to have seen this episode earlier, and whatever climax of this story arc end up as the 12th anniversary episode, but I know that resources are limited, COVID is COVID, etc.

Still wanted the broken mission version of the Exocomps rather than the reward module, but it is what it is.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Question: if I delete my JH now that I no longer have need of it, do I keep all my gamma recruit unlocks for the account or do those go away?

Edit: New TFO is a no-go on the solo afk, thanks to the first big fight with the Reskava and company before the timed section starts.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 26, 2022

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Very good episode. A lot of the recent episodes have been a bit hectic, but this was solid

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

Question: if I delete my JH now that I no longer have need of it, do I keep all my gamma recruit unlocks for the account or do those go away?
Don't delete it. Theoretically, once unlocked recruit rewards will stay unlocked even if you delete the recruit. But there's already been at least one time in the past where a patch broke recruit rewards, and the fix was to log on to your completed recruit so that the game could re-recognize that the tasks were complete. You can't do that if you delete your only recruit.

Edit:

Also Heavy Cruiser and Research Science ships are pretty much confirmed for the upcoming 12th Anniversary pack, since they've been remastered per the patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507513-pc-patch-notes-for-1%2F25%2F22
In the past, the remasters have come before they announced T6 versions of the ships. I wouldn't expect them in the 12th anniversary bundle, but possibly another two ship bundle like the recent bundle with the updated Nova and Saber.

g0del fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 26, 2022

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

g0del posted:

Don't delete it. Theoretically, once unlocked recruit rewards will stay unlocked even if you delete the recruit. But there's already been at least one time in the past where a patch broke recruit rewards, and the fix was to log on to your completed recruit so that the game could re-recognize that the tasks were complete. You can't do that if you delete your only recruit.

Bah, a good point. And here I was thinking I could delete my space fash space marine.

To be honest, I never liked the Dominion being playable in this game. They're too fashy for me, even after the supposed reforms Odo was going to institute that we never got to see. Add to it that they're all-male and start at a high level and the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It was weird you played a jem'hadar instead of a vorta. And vorta at least have gender.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Edit: New TFO is a no-go on the solo afk, thanks to the first big fight with the Reskava and company before the timed section starts.

Just tried this and solo afk worked. Killed a couple of ships, died then waited 15 minutes or so. Seems like it errors out and gives you the credit anyway.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Antaris posted:

Just tried this and solo afk worked. Killed a couple of ships, died then waited 15 minutes or so. Seems like it errors out and gives you the credit anyway.

Hmmm. I'll try picking off a couple of the other ships, then. I just went for the Reskava and drove it off.

Edit: This worked!

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 26, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Cryptic likes a gag, I'm betting Emperor Wesley.

Sparks Mcgee, now is your time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Mirror Kuumarke

Huh. So...what, did the two races never split up over there? Are they regularly proto-bombing people?