Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Golli posted:

Wonder how many people are going to go to Walmart and ask for store credit for the tests since they "lost the receipt"
Someone who works at some pharmacy said in this thread that they accepting returns of tests as soon as the plans to distribute free tests were announced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fried Watermelon posted:

Wasn't this guy actually decent for a while or was he always a copium dealer
he was eric crackleping level and then immediately loving fell off
lol i've never actually unsubscribed to someone on youtube, he's been my first and only

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1486051599936069637

Delta still fighting for its life in Kansas, apparently

Two months ago we didn't know Omicron existed, and now it's the dominant strain, driving Delta to extinction. If you aren't terrified by this, I don't know what to say.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Bidenishly: do your taxes
I got a letter from the IRS *yesterday* after waiting 7+ months for a $300 refund saying they finally got around to looking at my tax returns and they're unsatisfied with the evidence I've provided that I paid for health insurance in 2020 and that I had 30 days to respond from the date of the letter.

The letter was dated 20 days ago.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hadlock posted:

Have you ever driven LA to Dallas

There's a while lot of nothing out there. El Paso is roughly 800 miles from both Houston and Los Angeles. It's just infinity rugged desert terrain

lol there are plenty of cities and towns between El Paso and LA, and El Paso and Dallas. Some of them are bigger than El Paso.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
John Campbell showed more concern for those culled hamsters lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lmao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mycomancy posted:

Two months ago we didn't know Omicron existed, and now it's the dominant strain, driving Delta to extinction. If you aren't terrified by this, I don't know what to say.

mild

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cock-mad Helen posted:

gently caress me I have jury duty, has anyone tried to wear an elastomeric through courthouse security yet?

don't go say you have covid

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

I got a letter from the IRS *yesterday* after waiting 7+ months for a $300 refund saying they finally got around to looking at my tax returns and they're unsatisfied with the evidence I've provided that I paid for health insurance in 2020 and that I had 30 days to respond from the date of the letter.

The letter was dated 20 days ago.

sounds about right

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Insanite posted:

just bought this for the second time. gonna be a guinea pig w/it using proton. :ohdear:

trip report: works great on linux w/proton.

whole 50-person office got omicron from one infected person by day three. everyone became anti-vax. a couple of people died. too real.

e: added a positive report to protondb to encourage other linux dorks to try it.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 25, 2022

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
you'll take my mabs that no longer work from my (soon to be) cold, dead hands :argh:

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1486022691173904391

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

Lots of people were okay at the beginning of the pandemic but had their brains stop being able to accept it part way through, heck even Monica Gandhi

I miss you Jimmy :cry:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

another hero corrupted by bill gates

im pretty sire bill gates doesnt control elton johns tour company....or does he?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
rshughes.com sent me my secureclick respirator but is (apparently) shipping the p100 filters separately. concerning.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember when the plague would come
Open Bidened, had so much fun
That doctor, well he looked real mean
When he found out I didn't ever get vaccines

Now here at the nursing home I rot
Why I'm here, well I forgot
Long COVID came and kicked my rear end
Now my lungs, they look like shattered shards of glass

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
Hi thread, what is the latest consensus for fourth shots in a scenario such as the following: Moderna x3 (Jan, Feb, Aug '21) followed by resolved putative omicron infection in Jan '22? Say for an otherwise healthy person in late 30s/early 40s.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Weltlich posted:

I bought a case of 9105 V-Flex masks instead of 9205 Auras. Both are N95, and I learned that I prefer the V-Flex series better because it makes a better seal, breathes a little easier, and I can talk with less worry of compromising the seal :ssh:

Funny how as soon as omicron hit in NZ all of the N95 type masks sold out in a day, and now suddenly I'm seeing every public official, health professional and community leader on the TV news wearing an Aura where previously they were all wearing nothing/cloth/surgical. Gee I wonder where all the loving masks went, if only we'd had literal months of watching the rest of the world get stomped by omicron to be stockpiling effective masks and getting people to wear them!

Also good news! The New Zealand government has updated its guidance on masks!

- Bandannas, scarves and t-shirts wrapped around your face are NO LONGER OK!!
- If you're a worker who's effected by mandatory vax rules (border, healthcare etc.) you have to wear at least a surgical mask!
- For everybody else, cloth masks are still ok....

What the gently caress?!

Also they still recommend not using N95's with exhalation valves because 'the valve can let droplets out' nevermind that the valve forces the small droplets to coalesce into larger ones and directs them downwards which greatly reduces their range and spread to the same order of magnitude as a surgical mask, which apparently is still recommended...

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mycomancy posted:

2 months and 2 days ago lmao

Zantie posted:

https://github.com/cov-lineages/pango-designation/issues/343

There's chatter about a new South African variant today for Pango's GitHub. It got my attention because it's been designated "urgent" which doesn't happen that often.
going back and re-reading some of the posts from that day knowing what we know now... lmao

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

rshughes.com sent me my secureclick respirator but is (apparently) shipping the p100 filters separately. concerning.
Zoro delivered mine the same way. One mask and filters came same day in two boxes, another mask and filter set I ordered arrived a week apart

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mystes posted:

Lots of people were okay at the beginning of the pandemic but had their brains stop being able to accept it part way through, heck even Monica Gandhi

Fairweather anti-Trump pandemic fans. Everything's fine now that adults are in charge.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

Funny how as soon as omicron hit in NZ ...

Googled New Zealand COVID cases. I'm so sorry. When you see the community outbreaks connected to weddings you know it's over.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

What's a recommended bayonet half mask for large faces? I've got a secure click that I like but figure I may as well have an alternative in case supply line get real weird.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Congrats Coldrice on the steam release! I’ve sent out copies to all my friends (all five)

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Tzen posted:

2 months and 2 days ago lmao

going back and re-reading some of the posts from that day knowing what we know now... lmao

gradenko_2000 posted:

Zantie's post is going to look like WATCH BUSH START A loving WAR in about a month

:rubby:

well done

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Tulip posted:

What's a recommended bayonet half mask for large faces? I've got a secure click that I like but figure I may as well have an alternative in case supply line get real weird.

3m 7503 fits my large head well.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000057593/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Zoro delivered mine the same way. One mask and filters came same day in two boxes, another mask and filter set I ordered arrived a week apart

zoro is a brand owned by grainger which is a massive company that would have many warehouses to ship from

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Joementum posted:

you'll take my mabs that no longer work from my (soon to be) cold, dead hands :argh:

one of desantis's friends / sponsors / donors is a major investor in regeneron; and its possible that desantis is getting a kickback somehow from running these sites.

its the only reason he went full steam ahead giving people mabs.

like all things florida, the truth is stupidly mundane and corrupt

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
https://twitter.com/joshcarlosjosh/status/1486019110936842240?s=20

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
is that a picture of himself with a covid halo there on the shelf?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Shear Modulus posted:

this is like saying "we'll mail you four pants" and then you only get two and you're like "wtf" and they're like "no this is exactly what we said, you got two pairs of pants"

*Bidenishly* LOOK WE SAID WE'D SEND YOU FOUR TESTS AND WE DID THAT BUT YOU'RE STILL COMPLAINING YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCKS!

*let's out a ghoulish howl as head rotates 360°*

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CGI Stardust posted:

is that a picture of himself with a covid halo there on the shelf?

uh, yes. yes it is

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

What is the deal with this guy? The algos keep pushing his talks at me but I've no idea who he is.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Covok posted:

Once again, Biden has us having to do math to realize we're a buck short.

Three guests check into a hotel room. The President says they will get four covid tests for the room, so each guest uses one. Later the President realizes they should only have gotten four tests tests. To rectify this, he gives the bellhop another test to give to the guests...

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

kgibson posted:

Hi thread, what is the latest consensus for fourth shots in a scenario such as the following: Moderna x3 (Jan, Feb, Aug '21) followed by resolved putative omicron infection in Jan '22? Say for an otherwise healthy person in late 30s/early 40s.

😡
mask

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao @ sending two test kits and calling the paired test inside separate tests

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Joementum posted:

My understanding when Florida was mass pushing mabs out to sick people was that those treatments only work if you're pre-symptomatic (ie, getting regular surveillance testing) and that De Santis had some sort of financial interest in giving out as many of them as possible, efficacy be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

one of desantis's friends / sponsors / donors is a major investor in regeneron; and its possible that desantis is getting a kickback somehow from running these sites.

its the only reason he went full steam ahead giving people mabs.

like all things florida, the truth is stupidly mundane and corrupt

yep, there it is