Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
This week's cooking adventure was fresh pasta with scallops, white wine, chilli and butter except my supermarket is nowhere bougie enough for scallops so I had to settle for some basic sea bass bitch. I've gotta say I was sceptical going in but it ended up being really dang good (although I suspect the generous helpings of booze and butter was mostly responsible). This is definitely something I'm going to cook again!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Sounds delish

Cooking with wine is nice cause then you're like well, i used my 1/2c of wine for cooking, it's open now, only one thing to do :shrug:

Heather Papps

hello friend

sea bass is the potat of the ocean

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

alnilam posted:

Sounds delish

Cooking with wine is nice cause then you're like well, i used my 1/2c of wine for cooking, it's open now, only one thing to do :shrug:

This is my plan for tomorrow after I cook it again ;)

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

alnilam

My mom has a corny decorative sign with curly font and intentionally faded chalkboard paint, you know the type, and it says

I love cooking with wine...
Sometimes I even put a little in the food!

anyway i always liked that one

ty manifisto

alnilam

alnilam posted:

My mom has a corny decorative sign with curly font and intentionally faded chalkboard paint, you know the type, and it says

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
As a person cooking for one I double up on all my meals cause supermarket's are just not designed for single people. Half a kilo of mince? Yeah thanks guess I'll have a little bit and throw the other 75% out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

sea bass is the potat of the ocean

This is v true and I love it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

I live laugh love this

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

As a person cooking for one I double up on all my meals cause supermarket's are just not designed for single people. Half a kilo of mince? Yeah thanks guess I'll have a little bit and throw the other 75% out

Do you have a little freezer on your fridge? I portion mince up in little bags and seal it with the weight, contents and date. It helps a lot because I have no idea how to cook for one person, ever.

alnilam

Leftovers rule imo

Liquid-heavy things, like a bunch of sauce for pasta or a batch of beans in liquid or something, freeze very well. We make big batches and freeze them in those giant ice cube trays like for giant cocktail ice cubes, then freezer bags once it's done, boom easy 4oz portions to melt as needed and throw on freshly made rice or pasta

The ice cube tray thing started with baby mush food but we have carried it on into grown up food too :haibrower:

ty manifisto

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

alnilam posted:

Cardi BYOB posted:

I live laugh love this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
A lot of stuff, if I make too much, I wrap up in tortillas or wraps and then in foil en masse so I have a bunch of easy lunches in the freezer that I can just put in the oven or air fryer. Good for chilis and curries and stuff.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

alnilam

Just lol if you don't have an industrial liquid N2 flash freezing line in your kitchen

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

i guess my technique of making a trash bag full of mashed potatoes, freezing it and then using a welding hammer to break chunks off to suck on is pretty behind the times

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Cardi BYOB posted:

Do you have a little freezer on your fridge? I portion mince up in little bags and seal it with the weight, contents and date. It helps a lot because I have no idea how to cook for one person, ever.

I have a freezer but I share it so it only gets one compartment and it barely holds my ice cream/hash browns/peas

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

I have a freezer but I share it so it only gets one compartment and it barely holds my ice cream/hash browns/peas

Well, there's your problem, throw the peas in the garbage. Bing bing bong, so simple.

Bad Video Games

Heather Papps posted:

bios i need your wisdom - i have a winter beard but have had to wear official style disposable masks while working in the old folks home kitchen and it's driving me nuts. it jams my chin hairs in different directions and i have to do a big ol scratch frequently.

is there a beard trick with masks or am i doomed to suffer or shave?

Shave. The mask doesn't fit properly otherwise and compromises your health and the old folks.

Bad Video Games

Rarity posted:

I have the opposite problem. I cook for 3, but my son and I eat cold leftovers for lunch so even aiming for 6 portions I usually end up with about 8. Portions are hard.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

alnilam posted:

We have one in our kitchen that says "bless your heart". my wife laughs every time she sees it because to her it means "gently caress you"

It is the single decoration/knickknack in the entire kitchen

sephiRoth IRA fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 26, 2022

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This is currently hanging on my oven

https://www.twistedwares.com/products/fuckity-gently caress-gently caress-gently caress

Heather Papps

hello friend

cooking at the old folks home has made me really think about portions

some of the mega old ladies who are short need MAYBE 1200 calories a day, then there are some old dudes who are tall who need at the very least 2500

every human is an individual star, very unique and lovely and full of shining

Heather Papps

hello friend

Walla posted:

Shave. The mask doesn't fit properly otherwise and compromises your health and the old folks.

this is a really good point i'm doing it now

FluffieDuckie

sephiRoth IRA posted:

We have one in our kitchen that says "bless your heart". my wife laughs every time she sees it because to her it means "gently caress you"

It is the single decoration/knickknack in the entire kitchen

She must be from the south

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i don't know what i would even do if someone blessed my heart.

move to a swamp i guess, become one with the moss.

cruft

I have a 200A electrical service now! This is so awesome!

Think I might go stick a fork in an outlet and pretend it's blowing up at 200A instead of the 15A actually going to it.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Heather Papps posted:

i don't know what i would even do if someone blessed my heart.

move to a swamp i guess, become one with the moss.

Depending on the situation, it can actually be a genuine expression of sympathy.
On the other hand . . . Bless yore heart (because your brain is beyond help and your existence is a waste of oxygen)

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

FluffieDuckie posted:

She must be from the south

She lived there a long time and I'm pretty sure had never heard it expressed genuinely

Bad Video Games

sephiRoth IRA posted:

She lived there a long time and I'm pretty sure had never heard it expressed genuinely

It's never said genuinely. It's the original backhanded compliment in the US.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Walla posted:

It's never said genuinely. It's the original backhanded compliment in the US.

:hmmno: I have lived in the South for over 25 years, and I've heard said genuinely on occasion.

Ass-penny

Zil posted:

I didn't know they put hops in vodka

Lmfao

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

Barking Gecko posted:

:hmmno: I have lived in the South for over 25 years, and I've heard said genuinely on occasion.

Was it an old old old lady saying it to a small child bringing her a flower on her deathbed? Those don't count

alnilam

Zil posted:

I didn't know they put hops in vodka

ty manifisto

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Cardi BYOB posted:

Well, there's your problem, throw the peas in the garbage. Bing bing bong, so simple.

better yet, put em in my freezer, I love peas

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

How Wonderful! posted:

better yet, put em in my freezer, I love peas

:yeah: only don't eat them raw and frozen because they could give you listeriosis

cruft

Barking Gecko posted:

I'm on the extreme western edge of the South and I'm here to say :same:

alnilam

sephiRoth IRA posted:

:yeah: only don't eat them raw and frozen because they could give you listeriosis

Bad news for my toddler

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I'm on the extreme western edge of the South and I'm here to say :same:

Huh. I've never heard people in NM use bless your heart.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
My buddy printed a bagel holster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

alnilam posted:

Bad news for my toddler

That's actually why I don't buy it, because my kid ate frozen peas forever and never got ill. I've started cooking them now though because she likes them for lunch but not frozen.