Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games

I find myself wishing I could wear a robe every day. Not in a gross Hugh Hefner way, but something like a yukata or cassock. But I'm neither Japanese or Catholic so I guess I'm stuck wearing ill-fitting shirts.

A robe and poncho is perfect winter comfort wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

There was an older guy in the village I taught English in who would go around in a yukata and geta.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 26, 2022

Scaly Haylie

did me first ring fit today, mates

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok everyone stop posting, we need to let Fluffy_Duckie post on this page :ohdear:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

sb hermit

Walla posted:

I find myself wishing I could wear a robe every day. Not in a gross Hugh Hefner way, but something like a yukata or cassock. But I'm neither Japanese or Catholic so I guess I'm stuck wearing ill-fitting shirts.

A robe and poncho is perfect winter comfort wear.

You could wear a snuggie.

Although I would probably not wear one outdoors, myself.

Finger Prince

California cara cara oranges showing up at the store again, yum yum!

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

Huh. I've never heard people in NM use bless your heart.

I grew up a bit further south than you, with parents from Oklahoma and West Texas.

cruft

It snowed last night! A real snow! We got like six inches!

Maybe the entire forest won't burn to the ground this summer!

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

cruft posted:

It snowed last night! A real snow! We got like six inches!

Maybe the entire forest won't burn to the ground this summer!

*laughs in global warming*

I hope so too, though, for your sake. We narrowly avoided an evacuation / losing all our stuff in 2020 in the Oregon fires. It was on path to us and about two miles away it turned.

cruft

sephiRoth IRA posted:

*laughs in global warming*

I hope so too, though, for your sake. We narrowly avoided an evacuation / losing all our stuff in 2020 in the Oregon fires. It was on path to us and about two miles away it turned.

We've had to evacuate twice. It looked like this:

Bad Video Games

sb hermit posted:

You could wear a snuggie.

Although I would probably not wear one outdoors, myself.

I'm honestly thinking of buying this. It's got French knots and closes like a jacket, and looks comfy as gently caress.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just go around in a smoking jacket like it's a normal coat

sig by owlhawk911

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Walla posted:

I'm honestly thinking of buying this. It's got French knots and closes like a jacket, and looks comfy as gently caress.
What sort of maniac has a robe for warmth with such short sleeves though!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

just popping in to say bless all y'all's little hearts!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

if a southern lady says precious in the same sentence as 'bless your heart' she means it in a nice way

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

but also still a little bit of an 'i dont think you're very smart' way, but you're so precious and adorable it doesn't matter

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

just want to add to my prior statement blessing y'all's hearts that byob is just too precious

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

really you should have like 2 dozen blankets on the couch and sit in a big pile of blankets all day with at least one over the head like a hood. If it's still too cold put netflix on your phone or a laptop and be completely entombed in blankets. After a few hours your cat will probably poke you to see if you are still there and jump when you say hello.

sig by owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

if a southern lady says precious in the same sentence as 'bless your heart' she means it in a nice way

actually i'm thinking more about this and i'm not sure it's true.

it can definitely be said to a precocious child who is talking while grown ups are talking with a big smile to the child's parent that means 'get this kid out of here we are playing bridge and smoking cigarettes in the house and do not care about these weeds from the yard this child brought us'

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

bless your heart in the byob way

more falafel please

forums poster

i ate frozen peas still frozen pretty regularly until I was like 18 because a) I was picky b) my parents wanted to make sure I ate A Vegetable at dinner even if it wasn't what everyone else was eating, and c) "there's no way I'm cooking you a separate vegetable, get some peas"

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

more falafel please posted:

i ate frozen peas still frozen pretty regularly until I was like 18 because a) I was picky b) my parents wanted to make sure I ate A Vegetable at dinner even if it wasn't what everyone else was eating, and c) "there's no way I'm cooking you a separate vegetable, get some peas"

C happens A LOT at my house. Peas are in the freezer kiddo, go get a couple servings

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i friggin love eating frozen peas while they're still frozen

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

Dr. Honked posted:

i friggin love eating frozen peas while they're still frozen

Why though? I never understood this.

Doll House Ghost

Peas taste the sweetest straight from the freezer, a delicious little frozen treat.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

English peas are a loving crime.

FluffieDuckie

Rarity posted:

Ok everyone stop posting, we need to let Fluffy_Duckie post on this page :ohdear:

*sprints into the thread in my jammies*

Did I make it?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Escape From Noise

Cardi BYOB posted:

What if they're in a nice carbonara???
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pasta-carbonara-with-english-peas

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Absolutely not, that would murder me

Finger Prince

Cardi BYOB posted:

You mean like marrowfat peas that you make mushy peas with?

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Why though? I never understood this.

*grabs u by the shoulders* MY DUDE HAVE U TRIED FROZEN PEAS WHILE THEY'RE STILL FROZEN

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

FluffieDuckie posted:

*sprints into the thread in my jammies*

Did I make it?

We did it, folks :toot:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

alnilam

I personally like steamed peas with a little lemon and mint, or basil. But they are pretty good frozen. And my toddler prefers them frozen which is fine with me, pour them into a lil snakk kup, boom easy and very healthy finger food snakk

ty manifisto

alnilam

The best peas of all are eaten straight from the vine though. They barely ever even make it inside the house.

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

For those frozen pea lovers out there
https://www.dreamstime.com/pea-sorbet-mint-berries-popcorn-blurred-background-image162135128

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

awwww shiiiiidd

Finger Prince

Macho peas from Nandos are a pro tier side.

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V844YXyo70c

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
PEAS ARE GOOD
PEAS ARE GOOD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b2T8K2D-ps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
heading over to CCCC to post in the Peas Thread

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!