Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Endorph posted:

its a bit of a pain but every character you have has their own individual folder in the ff14 folder on your computer. you can look through your folders for your main's by looking for the most recently modified folder, then going to the subfolder in there called 'log,' and looking for stuff you recently did on your main.combat logs and chat box chatter are stored there, so you should be able to deduce which folder is your main's - if you play more than one character semi-frequently, try doing some specific dungeon and then logging out and looking for the bosses from that dungeon in the log files. then simply copy paste all the .dat files in your main's folder to the new character's folder (discerning that through the same method), overwrite, and it should be completely duplicated.

if you're on ps4/ps5 you might be out of luck though

Guess i'll find out the hard way.
Also the World Transfer service is predictably making GBS threads itself. I selected home, destination and character, started the transfer, changed browser tabs, then tabbed back and was met with the "unavailable/undergoing maintenance" error message.

Hope this doesn't do anything to my character since I was mid-transfer.

e: vvv my Lala after being merged with a Roe

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Unfortunately, it means your character had a Star Trek-style teleporter malfunction and is now merged with someone else's character.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I decided to spend a bit of time leveling a gathering class for treasure maps because I am kind of interested in riding the Excitetron 6000. I get that the way to level gatherers is through provision missions and leves. Any others that I am missing?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

So I decided to spend a bit of time leveling a gathering class for treasure maps because I am kind of interested in riding the Excitetron 6000. I get that the way to level gatherers is through provision missions and leves. Any others that I am missing?

That's about it. Once you unlock Custom Deliveries, you can do them on your gatherers for white scrip that you can turn in for the EXP boosting manuals to speed through levels. You can easily hammer out 10 levels in an hour or two post-50 with those, the FC gathering EXP boost, and food.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Unlucky7 posted:

ishgard restoration and custom deliveries help too. Plus ocean fishing if you're doing that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

up to enrage on p4s p1 and i gotta say i am not really a fan

idk it’s just weirdly obtuse in ways ffxiv raids normally aren’t. i like it when a fight introduces a mechanic and then makes you resolve it a different way later, but this fight just immediately tosses you into doing everything backwards and it’s so bizarre. everything is like two layers of backwards deep and my brain is folding in on itself every time i try to call what blood rake means lmao

i want to go back on the hippokampos dick smasher

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
We call out what the targeted people do, not what they don't do. Like, if the first bloodrake targets dps, we call out "dps out". If the second one targets tank/heals we call out "tanks and heals stack". Just like, removes one layer of backwardness, which we find helpful, at least

The thing I'm not fond of is that the hardest part of pinax is exactly 2 minutes into the fight, so your job is at its most complicated right when the fight is at its most complicated. And even if you delay it to align with pots, that just makes it collide with second pinax! It's very rude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
E12S did that too, with lions being exactly six minutes into the fight

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Someone call Huey Lewis, because Heavensward is all about The Power Of Love today

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Kaubocks posted:

up to enrage on p4s p1 and i gotta say i am not really a fan

idk it’s just weirdly obtuse in ways ffxiv raids normally aren’t. i like it when a fight introduces a mechanic and then makes you resolve it a different way later, but this fight just immediately tosses you into doing everything backwards and it’s so bizarre. everything is like two layers of backwards deep and my brain is folding in on itself every time i try to call what blood rake means lmao

i want to go back on the hippokampos dick smasher

It took me a while to understand the internal logic behind the second set of bloodrakes/towers. The trick is that he rakes everyone, puts half of what he gets into the towers, and stores the other half for later.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

The Spinner was with me tonight, and blessed me with a new friend.

I love him.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm glad i managed to clear Phoinix today. It was so much less of a pain being able to get into a reclear group.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

We call out what the targeted people do, not what they don't do. Like, if the first bloodrake targets dps, we call out "dps out". If the second one targets tank/heals we call out "tanks and heals stack". Just like, removes one layer of backwardness, which we find helpful, at least

The thing I'm not fond of is that the hardest part of pinax is exactly 2 minutes into the fight, so your job is at its most complicated right when the fight is at its most complicated. And even if you delay it to align with pots, that just makes it collide with second pinax! It's very rude.

If your second potions are coming up during second pinax then something's going terribly wrong because they always come up at the role call towers for me.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

I finally cleared P3S today (with my requisite first clear death right at the end) and we did a few pulls of P4S. When I saw him drop the cloaks on the ground with a few seconds left before the next Technical Step I was like you motherfucker.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Yeah holding buffs til the end of pinax will make them come back up during towers with pots and then again after last pinax before enrage

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It sure seems like they made all the jobs' buffs line up in nice, neat 2-minute windows specifically so that they could then design fights where the complex mechanics also line up with those nice, neat 2-minute windows, probably while making the :twisted: face

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ton of plots opened up on my world seemingly out of nowhere, guessing it's because of the huge move to the new data center, but might be worth checking out since I imagine my world isn't exclusive to that lol

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Make your summoner cry

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mix. posted:

ton of plots opened up on my world seemingly out of nowhere, guessing it's because of the huge move to the new data center, but might be worth checking out since I imagine my world isn't exclusive to that lol

Ah gently caress, do I want to spend all my gil to upgrade to a medium so I can have my own submarine?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

Ah gently caress, do I want to spend all my gil to upgrade to a medium so I can have my own submarine?

House sizes have nothing to do with submarines though?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah the presence of a workshop is entirely related to "is this owned by a FC or not".

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ugh. Now I know why people create single occupant free companies

Just let me have a loving submarine SE

Is there a way of converting your personal cottage to FC associated?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mix. posted:

And yeah, I just checked on Adamantoise and there's multiple larges available, to say nothing of just there being inventory at all. Pretty loving wild.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

Ugh. Now I know why people create single occupant free companies

Just let me have a loving submarine SE

Is there a way of converting your personal cottage to FC associated?

Nope, not at all. Like at best you might have been able to do a relocation swap if you're willing to lose all your decorations but they removed that this patch

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Great. I couldn't even get my FC owner to give me access to the garden that no one's touched in a year. I think he considers it his FC and is unwilling to give anyone access to anything

Ah poo poo I forgot to check my peppers last night, I bet they're dead

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 26, 2022

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Get a new FC. There are many!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah, I've considered it. I'm not real sure how to go about getting into a larger one and the ever churning pile of fresh ones trying to recruit feels weird.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ibblebibble posted:

If your second potions are coming up during second pinax then something's going terribly wrong because they always come up at the role call towers for me.

I didn't mean that the potion would be back up during second pinax. I meant that if you delay your second burst by 30s, then it comes back up at 6:30 a few rounds later--smack dab in the middle of the third element of the second pinax. The exact mechanic you delayed earlier to avoid!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

wouldn't you just use it at the end of the 4th pinax mechanic in the second set

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vitamean posted:

wouldn't you just use it at the end of the 4th pinax mechanic in the second set

yeah you could just delay a second time. But enrage is at something like 7:15 so depending on your kill time you may be delaying all the way into not using it at all

losing the use only matters if you're parsebrained but the fact that you have to delay twice to avoid using your 2m skills during a low-uptime, brain-intensive period is very funny and annoying

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

low uptime for you maybe :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPDM8OVqLI&t=14s

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

Great. I couldn't even get my FC owner to give me access to the garden that no one's touched in a year. I think he considers it his FC and is unwilling to give anyone access to anything

Ah poo poo I forgot to check my peppers last night, I bet they're dead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
trying to think about which direction he's going, water vs thunder, cape vs sword, trying to keep uptime while still making it in position in time, thinking about the timing for arm's length, all while doing the 9 oGCDs drg gets at multiples of 2m, four of which are jumps, is too much for my tiny brain

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah you could just delay a second time. But enrage is at something like 7:15 so depending on your kill time you may be delaying all the way into not using it at all

losing the use only matters if you're parsebrained but the fact that you have to delay twice to avoid using your 2m skills during a low-uptime, brain-intensive period is very funny and annoying

I don’t think there’s any need to worry about not having time to do your last 120s here for a while. If you pop them at the end of the last pinax there is enough time to use the full duration of them, which has been the case in all of my clears so far. If the damage is high enough to push this before then you would just pop them immediately anyway since there isn’t an alternative.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hazardousmouse posted:

Yeah, I've considered it. I'm not real sure how to go about getting into a larger one and the ever churning pile of fresh ones trying to recruit feels weird.

If there's no reason you can't move to Excalibur, come game with goons. There are over a thousand of us there. We have four FCs and I know at least 3/4 are at near capacity.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Gwg. Gaming with goons

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

cheetah7071 posted:

Here is my dream dragoon rework. Note that I am a madman so this is a fever dream, or perhaps a nightmare:

• The GCD outline stays the same. Chaos thrust combo->two extenders->full thrust combo->two extenders
  • Randomized positionals from HW are back. Chaos thrust and full thrust will proc either wheeling thrust or fang and claw, randomly. You still do the other one after the random one.
  • Raiden Thrust is reverted to how it worked in shadowbringers: you only get it if you hit the second positional. The dumb wyrmwind mechanic is completely removed, but it still exists sort of; see below.
  • Geirskogul has like, a 120 second cooldown or something dumb like that. However, every single jump--high jump, spineshatter dive, dragonfire dive, and stardiver--resets the CD. Mirage dive is removed to make up for this. High jump now directly grants an eye.
  • When Geirskogul's CD is reset by Dragonfire Dive, it turns into something badass for the next use. Morn Afah, perhaps.
  • Nastrond now changes form each time you press it. The first time is nastrond, the second time is wyrmwind thrust, the third time is Ala Morn. This resets every life of the dragon, but it makes it feel good to get all three nastronds.
  • Life of the dragon, instead of giving you a red aura, now fully transforms you similar to reaper's thing. You look like Estinien from Final Steps of Faith. Alternatively, it could just give you the wings and make you float in the dragoon pose, I'm not attached to the idea of it changing your armor. This is the most vital part of my proposal
  • The tether keeps its 30y range but the tether is made visible again

HW Wheeling Thrust/Fang and Claw procs with the restoration of ShB Raiden Thrust is the most cursed thing I've ever read in my loving life

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arist posted:

HW Wheeling Thrust/Fang and Claw procs with the restoration of ShB Raiden Thrust is the most cursed thing I've ever read in my loving life

but the second WT/F&C is predictable, so it isn't that bad. You'll always know which one the second hit will be long before you need to press it. It's the first one you'll scramble for

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If there's no reason you can't move to Excalibur, come game with goons. There are over a thousand of us there. We have four FCs and I know at least 3/4 are at near capacity.

why not try [goons]?

we have
multi fc
housey house
am buny
GSS Serpent of Ronka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That seems like a good way to assure Reaper gets played over Dragoon 100% of the time