Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

ryde posted:

Its funny because Seraph loves bragging about his crypto-wealth at every opportunity and looking down on critics as his lessers. Also about being a drug dealer in New York.

also about his money being inherited

say the line, bart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This is good for bitcoin

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1485831934647443459

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

numberoneposter posted:

are children protected under the 13th amendment?

Children are property. Not quite to the level of a stapler, but more like a pet dog.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
pet dogs cant mine your coal for 16 hours a day in the crypto-lib bitcoin satellite post-apocalypse

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://youtu.be/U3OprVY8gu8

A regular occurrence in Cryptoland

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1486051087736094729

The old guard is scared! (scared that this will destabilize a country causing chaos)

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1486070168853831681

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Yeah I’d be nervous too if my government was about to gamble my entire economy on pogs and beanie babies

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man cryptocoins are really excellent at showing who you can absolutely 100% write off as a complete idiot, huh?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

part of me is surprised Snowden fell for the crypto grift, but a greater part of me recognizes he's an idealistic libertarian who really did put his money where his mouth is and would easily get taken by the ancap smoke and mirrors promised by crypto

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's already widely known Snowden is a goddamn idiot at heart. He enlisted.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Lmao, this is such a specific stupid intersection of joinder and APIs.

Yes, my removal method requires emptying your wallet. If you read the smart contract you'd know that.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I'd never actually looked at what the smart contract for an NFT does, so I grabbed a random NFT off OpenSea and its smart contract has 17 source files. I'm a software dev and even I ain't reading all that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dont get how those smart 0s and 1s can be sooooo stupid.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

They're as smart as the person making them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yeah, when you organise an intervention for your gambler mate, you're nervous.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Halibut Barn posted:

I'd never actually looked at what the smart contract for an NFT does, so I grabbed a random NFT off OpenSea and its smart contract has 17 source files. I'm a software dev and even I ain't reading all that.

It is just immensely dense and obfuscated information having to look through how an NFT works. I'm sure I can figure it out if I put effort into it but that requires me to learn about a subject I immensely hate and provides no monetary value to me. Learning about coding a smart contract would put stuff into my brain that could have been better used for something else. Like how to play Rein in Overwatch.

Like I love reading code like this except everytime I go to take a look at it I just wonder if they've purposely made it so annoying to read that no one actually reads it except the hackers looking for exploits in the code.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just watched that Foldable Human video. It's amazing. It's really good at explaining everything to a layman. To which, is still all confusing enough to scare off anyone without any technical savvy.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Moon Monster posted:

Instead of getting a Super Nintendo you raise money for the football team :thumbsup:

I hated this poo poo so much. Honestly you'd think the memory of trying to sell crappy marked up candy bars door to door would be enough to put people off of mlms.

Everybody did that in my school but at least the top 10 greatest sellers got to skip math class one time and ride around in a rocket mobile wearing goggles to stop the wind from making you tear up :colbert:

I know because I was part of the Best Seller Candy Crew with a whopping two boxes sold but still managed to be eligible to go on the rocket ride :v:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My guess is that twitter just permanently caches nft avatars like it does with any other avvy image, because they're lazy and hotlinking is bad design.

Since a nft is just a link, you can point to your own server and control the image returned.

So someone could in principle use a single NFT and set up a website to get an unlimited number of people NFT verified just by repeatedly changing the image to their requested avatar and rerunning the same nft over and over

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Where's that tweet explaining how NFT hex profile pics get stolen?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Where's that tweet explaining how NFT hex profile pics get stolen?

Which way? There's like 3 separate ways to do it.

Edit: 3 separate ways I can think of.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, when you organise an intervention for your gambler mate, you're nervous.

I have a hard time not sympathizing with the idiots in this one case, because the imf is one of the shittiest institutions in a world full of scummy institutions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ikanreed posted:

I have a hard time not sympathizing with the idiots in this one case, because the imf is one of the shittiest institutions in a world full of scummy institutions.

Its kind of like a drug dealer staging an intervention for your gambling habit because its cutting into their profits.

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

It's funny thinking about Boys Life because now I'm just thinking about how insane it was that Boys Life and some other 90s kids magazines had like literal MLM for Kidz stuff on the back where you had to sell things for them, I want to say wrapping paper or something? And you got points and could redeem them for things like mountain bikes and a super nintendo

I forgot what the company was called now, does anyone remember this?

Grit Magazine? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grit_(newspaper)

"During the first three-quarters of the 20th century, Grit was sold across the country by children and teenagers, many recruited by ads in comic books from the 1940s to the 1970s. Approximately 30,000 children collected dimes from more than 700,000 American small town homes during the 1950s when the publication still carried the subtitle, "America's Greatest Family Newspaper." A comical ad in Richie Rich comic books aimed to recruit more young salesmen, suggesting that Richie's father, Richard Rich, got his start as a businessman selling Grit''

So not so much an MLM but definitely child labor

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've been seeing more news stories offhandedly referring to cryptocurrency and NFTs as scammy, which is a refreshing contrast to all the CNBC etc stories breathlessly reporting on how some 12 year old became a multimillionaire (in fake hard to convert "currency") selling doodles without mention of all the baggage and bullshit that goes along with even participating in the scam. Someone there must have a vested interest in Ethereum or some poo poo. Anyway this caught my eye in a Verge article this morning, and I could swear I saw something similar elsewhere, also in something basically unrelated to crypto. Maybe someone on jalopnik using it as the butt of a joke or whatever.

e: holy poo poo how does a phone screenshot get so huge

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 26, 2022

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

↑↑ Greg of Doom ↑↑ That was posted within an hour of it being released.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

part of me is surprised Snowden fell for the crypto grift, but a greater part of me recognizes he's an idealistic libertarian who really did put his money where his mouth is and would easily get taken by the ancap smoke and mirrors promised by crypto

There is a direct correlation between factors involving someone succumbing to Crypto brainworms.

1 pt if you've seen Fight Club

1 pt if you've seen The Matrix

1 pt if you watched 9/11 happen live and heard an audible snap in the back of your brain

3 pts if you were stunned that the Gov lied about WMD's to invade Iraq

1 pt if you were deeply affected by the 2008 crash

5 pts if you thought Trump would be a positive "shock to the system"

Add it all up, and if you scored more than 5 then you're a Crypto dipshit today.

Scam Likely fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 26, 2022

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Scam Likely posted:

↑↑ Greg of Doom ↑↑ That was posted within an hour of it being released.

There is a direct correlation between factors involving someone succumbing to Crypto brainworms.

1 pt if you've seen Fight Club

1 pt if you've seen The Matrix

1 pt if you watched 9/11 happen live and heard an audible snap in the back of your brain

3 pts if you were stunned that the Gov lied about WMD's to invade Iraq

1 pt if you were deeply affected by the 2008 crash

5 pts if you thought Trump would be a positive "shock to the system"

Add it all up, and if you scored more than 5 then you're a Crypto dipshit today.

:science:

Scored a 4 so I'm just a dipshit, since I did watch the second plane hit on CNBC. The snap might've just been the remote dropping to the floor.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I was under the impression there was no more dumb money to enter bitcoin, but it seems I was sorely mistaken:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

orange sky posted:

I was under the impression there was no more dumb money to enter bitcoin, but it seems I was sorely mistaken:

Anyone watching Dr Phil has mush in their skull already anyway

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

orange sky posted:

Mother I’d Love to Fleece

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

Anyone watching Dr Phil has mush in their skull already anyway

Dr Oz is gonna win PA, and he's gonna use his big Bitcoin salary to put NYC mayor Eric Adams into debt to the Keystone state, just you wait and see.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Redditors reading a story about kissing a girl: “that happened”

Also redditors:

“Upmooning this!!!”

orange sky posted:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

orange sky posted:

Roping your mom into crypto, that's super greasy.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

why weren't more people mad when the Canadian legion turned war dead into nfts.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

SRQ posted:

why weren't more people mad when the Canadian legion turned war dead into nfts.

because troops are solely a culture war issue now and guess which side of the culture war cryptocrats are on.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Had a phone call with my mum just yesterday where we both agreed cryptocurrencies were stupid. Call your parents everyone and make sure they know not to touch cryptosporidium

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

my dad unfortunately is into it... thankfully not enough to put money in- but he is.
Crypto will change everything, like games!
How?
[angry]

It's like the NPC meme but real.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I was talking to someone online today who had seen the Dan Olson video but still believed there was "promising technology behind crypto". I tried to tell him that the useful part of it was already deployed and called Git.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The "bad" aspect to the Dan Olsen video is what makes it good. It's a deep dive, rather than a casual throwaway emotion driven "I regret not getting in on this early so I'm going to trash it" video.

Sadly because of the length I've seen people comment on it saying that they sat through 20 minutes and decided that he was "against crypto" so switched off. Those same people will watch daily 1 hour+ cryptobro content on YouTube though without a second thought (or a first).