Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

It's called momentum. Let me see you run in a straight line and then change directions on a dime.

telling on yourself here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i can easily change direction at full speed with no issues, due to my general athelticism

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can turn in my heel pretty well while wearing a fresh pair of socks

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I can do all of the jumps Mario does because they're physically realistic like American McGee said

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i can do the last jump fo the triple jump with no build up. pretty easy actually.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I always backflip everywhere

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Like Mario I also slip on a hill with a very slight incline and lay there helplessly while sliding away, unable to control myself

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

mdemone posted:

I can do all of the jumps Mario does because they're physically realistic like American McGee said

They’re realistic if you’re Italian like Mario

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Then how come I've never seen Tifa do a double jump?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Can confirm. My dad is Italian, and taller than Luigi. He can do the unheard of 4th jump. But he choses not to, because he doesn't want to hurt Mario's feelings. But he could.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
just lol if you don’t long jump everywhere IRL while shouting “waHOO!!”

I’ve never played Bango Kazoo :ohdear: does it have a lot of frustrating “how the gently caress was I supposed to know that” where I should use a guide or?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
No in general you can do everything in Banjo Kazooie just by paying attention to what the game tells you and exploring. Unlike its sequel, the levels are really self contained in that if you can get in you can generally get everything in the level.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

banjo kazooie is really straightforward. tooie can be obtuse and has a lot of backtracking to get all the jiggies

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The hub world is probably the most confusing part of BK. The levels themselves are pretty straightforward.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
This OLD MAN in BoTW needs to STOP TALKING and give me HIS GLIDER. :mad:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got myself some Switch games to start off with; the console I bought is coming with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but I also grabbed Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario 3D All Stars.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Read After Burning posted:

This OLD MAN in BoTW needs to STOP TALKING and give me HIS GLIDER. :mad:

He's a loving rear end in a top hat and he clearly skips leg day.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

I got myself some Switch games to start off with; the console I bought is coming with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but I also grabbed Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario 3D All Stars.

excellent choices gamer

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm just getting back into Dread and to anyone who complains this game is too short or only ten hours long, I would simply suggest you get bad at games cause I'm sure I've spent 40 hours alone just dying to bosses over and over

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

there is nothing wrong with short games and they added replayability of a short game owns

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mister Facetious posted:

Any o' ya'll know if the Trials of Mana remake is any good?

I thought it was great. To me, the gameplay was a lot more fun than FF7R. I played those both back to back.

Also, Trials of Mana remake is way better than Banjo Kazooie. Guh-huh.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rare was making project dream and Miyamoto visited and said "This is not a good game. You should make it a good game instead of this" and then Rare changed it to Banjo Kazooie, so Nintendo gets the credit.

It was also his idea for every Rare game from that point to have diminishing returns

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm absolutely going to do a sequence break playthrough of this whenever I manage to actually beat it. I'm stuck on the double chozo robots and it's super annoying because every other boss so far I've just had to tease out their attack patterns but I already know these guys so it feels like banging my head against a wall. Im taking some time out to start a banjo kazooie game. I think the music is perfectly fine but nothing special either.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I'm just getting back into Dread and to anyone who complains this game is too short or only ten hours long, I would simply suggest you get bad at games cause I'm sure I've spent 40 hours alone just dying to bosses over and over

Dread is fan fuckin tastic

Also just phase shift over them

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

These Grabbed by the Ghoolies days are a Banjo too far

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Barreft posted:

Also just phase shift over them

I feel like my reflexes are way too slow I keep flubbing it and shifting right into them on the descent or just not reading their attacks quickly enough. I stopped trying to read their parryable attacks because it seems like they are functionally identical to the unparryable red ones until it's too late. I'm going to beat em the way I beat every other boss, by simply running into them over and over until I beat them or I get mad at video games and quit

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Are there any good rts games on switch though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Pikmin

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Has there been a good RTS on a console ever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chaleski posted:

Pikmin

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

chaleski posted:

starcraft 64

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

chaleski posted:

Ogre battle 64

drat. That sounds good. Strange that it never won a game spot best strategy game award

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

chaleski posted:

C&C: Red Alert for the PlayStation 1

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I'm absolutely going to do a sequence break playthrough of this whenever I manage to actually beat it. I'm stuck on the double chozo robots and it's super annoying because every other boss so far I've just had to tease out their attack patterns but I already know these guys so it feels like banging my head against a wall. Im taking some time out to start a banjo kazooie game. I think the music is perfectly fine but nothing special either.

You can charge the storm missiles while moving and kite them to the upper platform. They just melt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JordanKai posted:

Then how come I've never seen Tifa do a double jump?

Just have to watch the right video

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

mandatory lesbian posted:

You can charge the storm missiles while moving and kite them to the upper platform. They just melt

honestly it didn't occur to me that you could tag the same enemy more than once and I assumed it was a waste of ammo. Thank you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

honestly it didn't occur to me that you could tag the same enemy more than once and I assumed it was a waste of ammo. Thank you.

Yea I didn't realize this either but once you do every chozo robot/warrior fight becomes a joke

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

In the same vein, to anyone who complains the game is too linear, I suggest you develop a garbage memory and a worse sense of direction so you never have any idea where to go!

mandatory lesbian posted:

I wish this had occurred to me as well. :doh:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Silver Falcon posted:

In the same vein, to anyone who complains the game is too linear, I suggest you develop a garbage memory and a worse sense of direction so you never have any idea where to go!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Google Butt posted:

Sega Ages Herzog Zwei