Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

RE: Juventus and Vlahovic, I think it's a combination of things:

1) They are going to sell a few players this window (Morata, Ramsay) and next (De Ligt)
2) They are probably not going to renew Dybala
3) They are betting it all on the UCL spot, which without Vlahovic (and Chiesa) I don't think was a sure thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

canepazzo posted:

1) They are going to sell a few players this window (Morata, Ramsay) and next (De Ligt)
3) They are betting it all on the UCL spot, which without Vlahovic (and Chiesa) I don't think was a sure thing.

I'm not trying to be argumentative about this. I just think it's difficult for me to overstate how absolutely hosed their finances were prior to this purchase. They already needed to sell this window (or at least not buy). Next window doesn't help this year because the fiscal year ends June 30th. So I guess maybe they sell at the very beginning of the window? But otherwise it's not great. Also, who's going to buy Ramsey because while I thought it wasn't the worst idea at the time it clearly hasn't worked out well so... please? I would just be surprised if anyone is willing to take on his wages. Morata is on loan so doesn't really help for FFP. Dybala, similarly, is just salary that you're losing rather than getting some income to make up for the $ you're splashing out on Vlahovic.

I suppose that it's really just 75/years of contract hit this year but it's still very difficult for me to see how this ends up working out.

FWIW, looking at this https://www.juventus.com/en/club/investor-relations/statements/reports#season-2020-21 they lost €287,220,481 last year with really the big one being revenue down €94,420,552 and I can't imagine this year is much better. I'm not an accountant, so maybe there's something very clever going on but I don't understand it. Mostly happy from a football perspective but don't really understand how it's working is all.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

canepazzo posted:

I’m still surprised anyone wants Ramsey. Enormous wages, barely featured, questionable attitude currently, and an extensive injury history.

He’ll definitely join Newcastle

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m still surprised anyone wants Ramsey. Enormous wages, barely featured, questionable attitude currently, and an extensive injury history.

He’ll definitely join Newcastle

Only possible selling point for him that I can envision for English clubs is that he has actually showed up for Wales at the Euros last summer and in WCQs.

The other thing about Juve's finances and Vlahovic is that the parent company approved an injection of €400m to the club over the span of 4 years, to offset revenue losses from the pandemic, and it could just be they're dipping heavily into that pile of money right away.

So yeah, basically some Fiat factory workers lost their dental plans so Juve could do this.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
https://twitter.com/football_taik/status/1485866874584059905?s=21

yikes

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'm not sure who to blame (I'm gonna pick Gazidis because this stinks of old Arsenal) but it's great to see everyone in the top 10 get some good to excellent players this window and Milan sign a Serbian teenager. Just fantastic.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Stinks of new Arsenal too

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I can't believe this Juve managed to do so well in the January market.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Simone Poodoin posted:

I can't believe this Juve managed to do so well in the January market.

Ramsey out too. I went to see how that happened and the answer was "juve still paying the vast majority of his salary."

Still confused on the finances. The only thing I've seen says that losses this year will be very large but I guess FFP issues depend on just how large.

Great transfer window for Inter too. Sorry Milan.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

builds character posted:

Ramsey out too. I went to see how that happened and the answer was "juve still paying the vast majority of his salary."

https://twitter.com/marcotti/status/1488279748707241984?s=21

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Probably a budgeting difference between funds for wages and funds for transfers.

Considering Ramsey's wages even at like 40% are more than the entire Rangers squad combined.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Zamparini died, rip to an actual mad man.

Still one of the greatest Non-apology apologies of all time

quote:

"When I spoke about Adrian Mutu, describing him as a "crafty little gypsy", I did not mean to offend him," Zamparini said.

"On the contrary, I was simply justifying his behaviour, remembering that he comes from post-communist Romania. What Mutu did was an instinct that comes with his nationality.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Zamparini died, rip to an actual mad man.

Still one of the greatest Non-apology apologies of all time

lmao

Zamparini was a loving lunatic and hopefully will hold the "most manager sacked in ownership history" record for a long time. RIP you loving weirdo.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

lmao

Zamparini was a loving lunatic and hopefully will hold the "most manager sacked in ownership history" record for a long time. RIP you loving weirdo.

Is there an official number because Cellino must run him close

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

the sex ghost posted:

Is there an official number because Cellino must run him close

No one has been able to count, but it's illustrated here

https://twitter.com/ViciniLo/status/824028172677160961

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol wtf

https://twitter.com/MLS_Buzz/status/1489651963214143493

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hell, I’d watch the poo poo out of this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Maybe that Miami Casuals guy can get a showdown with Lazio's Irriducibile

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Maybe that Miami Casuals guy can get a showdown with Lazio's Irriducibile

Lol, gently caress the cash grab tournament, this is what we all need to see.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

maignan is really good

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
:yeshaha:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

maignan is really good

I love him op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:bisonyes:

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol both of juve's new signings have scored today

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/realDonAgnelli/status/1490430754387599363?t=LDzr7SbwANXbY7NbuZoqZw&s=19

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

lol both of juve's new signings have scored today

all 3 signings scored this weekend :science:

(one of them just happened to be for Frosinone)

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i can't watch it, but is the ending of torino v venezia as tedious as the text updates make it sound? multiple cards and VAR checks in stoppage time

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
it’s hosed up as hell, but I think the var was correct on belottis goal

the red card was just stupid, on the bright side venezia have probably broken the record for the number of different kits worn during one season

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Venezia fuckin own. Belotti was offisde, and I don’t think anyone can argue that. It was definitely a bit of a tedious ending.

Inter - Napoli was actually quite good. I thought Handanovic showed the old Jekyll and Hyde bit pretty obviously today. Insigne hit Napoli’s penalty very well but old Handanovic would’ve saved that. Pretty even game and it made me worry a bit about our game vs Napoli eventually. They looked good and Osimhen was a couple of millimeters away from a hat trick multiple times.

Anyway I hope the Milan Giampaolo shows up tomorrow and not the old Samp one.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I too hope that the Giampaolo Milan shows up Sunday

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
insigne passed maradona for goals for napoli against inter

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

All of my media consumption is Milan centric so it’s been all about us vs Inter for the title and it was only yesterday that I even began to consider Napoli as a challenger, despite them being level on points with Milan for like 3 weeks (until today :smuggo: )

If Insigne goes to MLS after winning a title with Napoli he’s going to come home at Christmas looking like a spherical pizzaiolo.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Gigi Galli posted:

Venezia fuckin own. Belotti was offisde, and I don’t think anyone can argue that. It was definitely a bit of a tedious ending.

That's not Belotti's leg, it's Zaza's. It can only be offisde if he interfered.

e: Juventus incredibly dominant in Bergamo. Atalanta lucky not to have conceded 3 or 4 by now.

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 13, 2022

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Doctor Malaver posted:

e: Juventus incredibly dominant in Bergamo. Atalanta lucky not to have conceded 3 or 4 by now.

Ridiculous goal by malinovsky. And finally, someone scores for Juve. Of course it’s Danilo and not, you know, any of their attackers. And he only scored after being moved to CB.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

I swear the angle I saw it from had him half a mile offside. You’re absolutely right, my bad.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Doctor Malaver posted:

Sportiello really kept them in that

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1493300781751181313

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I thought Pirlo was a bit hard done by Juve. I hope he gets another chance and succeeds.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Is there any support for rival clubs when they play internationally? Like, would a typical Milan fan cheer for Inter when they play Liverpool, or against, or just not care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Doctor Malaver posted:

Is there any support for rival clubs when they play internationally? Like, would a typical Milan fan cheer for Inter when they play Liverpool, or against, or just not care?

imo it depends entirely on the circumstances. I was glad to see Inter get beaten by Liverpool. I was rooting for Napoli over United.

We all love Atalanta.