Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Got bored pretty quick of soda dungeon so starting up evolve idle again, I never got past the first type of ending before partly because of tabs/windows throttling in the background.

IF I put it in it's own firefox window will that be enough to not throttle it? I think it was chrome that didn't like running in the background but I don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fiss posted:

Yeah that will get you upgrade 7 in around 2 hours of idling.

For upgrade 8 and maybe 9 I currently have 2/2/3 gold mine/growth/extra module which after checking it a few times through the day and after waking up I'm a couple of hours from 1.8 million prestige gain.

You are able to get to Extra Module 14 with that setup? e17 seems crazy far away, but I guess that's the power of Growth Boost. Module-wise, it's still just Goid Mine > Extra Module > Gold Duplicator > Growth Boost > Prestige Gain, right?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Rynoto posted:

It's the reset directly after Bioseed; you'll want to do 3-4 Bios to upgrade your plasmid softcap before powering through. There's no reason to stay in the starter universe just because of the way mastery and achievements work.

After the BH you have the more-boring-but-better-long-run choice of going antimatter and saving up 3k anti-plasmids while doing 4* runs - the fourth challenge changes to Weaker Mastery which you have very little of anyways - and will help you alot once you return to other universes as Anti-Plasmids aren't affected by the No Starting Plasmid challenge and 3k will give you ~30% prod mult. and ~25% storage mult. Very good for early-mid game 4* mastery grinding. After that (or if you want to skip Antimatter) it's off to Heavy universe which gives a currency bonus to all non-1st tier based resets.

Thanks. Is there any real way to tell when I should be resetting? I have just been doing it when things start taking too long but since I'm doing the challenge stuff I want to make sure I am meeting that part and I don't see any indication or goals for that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lucky Guy posted:

Just started playing Idelon, do we have a guild/guilds?

The wiki is pretty good for most things. Best advice I can give is don't sweat things not being perfectly optimized at all times. There are so many levers in that game you will go insane. Just follow the quest progression and unlock new zones. Roll new toons as soon as possible to multiply your income.

e: this might have gotten edited before I quoted. Not aware of a goon guild, its easy to find one in the main Idleon discord though

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 26, 2022

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Klungar posted:

You are able to get to Extra Module 14 with that setup? e17 seems crazy far away, but I guess that's the power ofGrowth Boost Module-wise, it's still just Goid Mine > Extra Module > Gold Duplicator > Growth Boost > Prestige Gain, right?

Yup, currently at e20 with that buy order making around 8e17 gold/s. It looks like I could hit prestige 13 for another 4.8m prestige but hitting growth boost 5 after that doesn't seem viable.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 26, 2022

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Trastion posted:

Thanks. Is there any real way to tell when I should be resetting? I have just been doing it when things start taking too long but since I'm doing the challenge stuff I want to make sure I am meeting that part and I don't see any indication or goals for that.

Depends on what you're wanting to do but for where you are in Normal you should be resetting shortly after unlocking the conditions and maximizing troops and population. For bioseeds getting 3-4 probes is also good. Good early goals should be Mass Extinction mastery which lets you choose your race after resets which will also get you a good amount of mastery on the way - good to start doing them all 4* once you hit AM as you'll be doing a bunch of MAD resets there anyways.

In general though just take a look through the wiki at the various perks from various masteries, those are good long term goals and once you're established with the basics you'll start into challenge modes; Genetic Dead End is a good first challenge scenario. Really though only the very beginning 'tutorial' phase is highly structured. Once you're past that part it opens up a lot.

Just don't try Cataclysm until you're at like Ascension tier.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 26, 2022

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Klungar posted:

2/2/2 Gold Gain/Extra Module/Prestige Gain?

2/2/0/2 Gold/Module/Duplicator/Prestige Gain took maybe 3ish hours

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

How are you upgrading prestige gain? Done about 20 prestiges and it's still at 0/2.

korora
Sep 3, 2011
I didn’t get points in it until I started gaining 3-4k modules at a time, and then I consistently gained a point per prestige.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Roflex posted:

How are you upgrading prestige gain? Done about 20 prestiges and it's still at 0/2.

Yeah, obviously there isn't any documentation about this game period, but one of the less obvious methods of progression is that you need to build up to higher and higher levels of prestige to convert to module experience if only to gain enough tiers in your necessary Modules to be able to hit the next prestige amount to unlock the next upgrader.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I have more upgraders than I can make use of right now, need to do like 20 more prestiges to get the gold digger to tier 4.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Am I safe to throw out items in NGU once I've maxed them out for the item list? I get that I might wanna keep certain gear for the stats but what about items like Wandoos 98?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yeah, you're safe to ditch 99% of the items you collect keep the gerbil though

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
I was able to hit upgrade 9 with 2/2/3 gold mine/growth/extra module. You could buy upgrade 9 with prestige 12 but I was able to hit prestige 13 after ~18 hours. Upgrade 8 is 170k and 9 is 1.75m and getting prestige 12 will get you around 1.8m. I unlocked a new module sacrifice(large base gold gain but a reduced multiplier) after that long run. I feel like I'm getting to the point where I need a spreadsheet but I'm going to try 2 growth/3 sacrifice/1 prestige/ 3 extra module with buy order sacrifice>extra module>growth and gold mult>prestige

Fake edit: While typing that out I hit the initial cost for the new module and now I'm at 2.2e9 prestige

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Sage Grimm posted:

Yeah, you're safe to ditch 99% of the items you collect keep the gerbil though

Well I'm glad I tried to use the level 100 wandoos instead of throwing it away because apparently doing that upgrades the OS level and makes the item a level 99 (meaning it is useful, and has 100 uses), I expected it to just vanish completely and be like "you've already unlocked the menu teehee"

Edit: wait no, later uses take more than 1 charge, so 100 uses isn't quite right

Brut fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 26, 2022

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Got bored pretty quick of soda dungeon so starting up evolve idle again, I never got past the first type of ending before partly because of tabs/windows throttling in the background.

IF I put it in it's own firefox window will that be enough to not throttle it? I think it was chrome that didn't like running in the background but I don't remember.

People are reporting that Chrome is throttling games, but I haven't seen it in my evolve idle game. It may be because I'm using an offshoot of chrome, Vivaldi, but I don't know. If you have a firefox window with just the game, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Brut posted:

Well I'm glad I tried to use the level 100 wandoos instead of throwing it away because apparently doing that upgrades the OS level and makes the item a level 99 (meaning it is useful, and has 100 uses), I expected it to just vanish completely and be like "you've already unlocked the menu teehee"

Edit: wait no, later uses take more than 1 charge, so 100 uses isn't quite right

It's something like 5200 copies of Wandoos 98. You need an item of a level higher than your current level. Keep doing it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Brut posted:

Try hovering your mouse pointer over some of the menu buttons. When I noticed some of the info that pops up for that, I had a tiny mind blown moment.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The wiki is pretty good for most things. Best advice I can give is don't sweat things not being perfectly optimized at all times. There are so many levers in that game you will go insane. Just follow the quest progression and unlock new zones. Roll new toons as soon as possible to multiply your income.

e: this might have gotten edited before I quoted. Not aware of a goon guild, its easy to find one in the main Idleon discord though

Looking back a few pages someone said there was a goon guild named "pizza is free", but that was several months ago. I applied in case anyone else is still playing. That wiki is very useful though, thank you.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

This one of you guys? Figured it'd be best to put it here since they are playing NGU

Edit: For those not aware, it's a common scam, this person most likely had their account compromised

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
So, I was stuck at the upgrader 6 wall, and decided to

Save up for the "Sacrifice Module" (upgraded once) without buying goldmine.

A couple prestiges later:

:eyepop:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Orvin posted:

Try hovering your mouse pointer over some of the menu buttons. When I noticed some of the info that pops up for that, I had a tiny mind blown moment.

Yeah I've been reading the tooltips but mostly ignored the "WTF do I do?" button in most sections, everything I said above was, as it turns out, clearly laid out at the bottom of the page for that section.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

crime weed posted:

So, I was stuck at the upgrader 6 wall, and decided to

Save up for the "Sacrifice Module" (upgraded once) without buying goldmine.

A couple prestiges later:

:eyepop:

Looks like upgrader 27's the limit, tho. 28 needs tier 19 prestige upgrade and you just don't have enough left over to get anywhere close to prestige upgrade L with that.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

Looks like upgrader 27's the limit, tho. 28 needs tier 19 prestige upgrade and you just don't have enough left over to get anywhere close to prestige upgrade L with that.

You need tier 20 prestige for 28 and it's doable in about 20-30 minutes with 5 sacrifice/2 extra module/20 prestige with the buy order sacrifice and extra module>gold mult and growth>decay>prestige. 29 though I'm pretty sure is impossible at this point.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
How many resets does it take until sacrifice modules actually start dropping? I'm at 6 upgraders and have been resetting all day and nothing.

E: Figured it out. You need to prestige having bought Prestige Gain VIII at least once. But now how do I use this effectively?

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 28, 2022

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
In Module Incremental how do you equip more than 2 things? I have a bunch of stuff open but I can only equip 2 things and I have been doing Gold & Prestige because I don't see how I can do anything without both of those. Of course if there was ANY type of instructions maybe I would know different.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Trastion posted:

In Module Incremental how do you equip more than 2 things? I have a bunch of stuff open but I can only equip 2 things and I have been doing Gold & Prestige because I don't see how I can do anything without both of those. Of course if there was ANY type of instructions maybe I would know different.

on the bottom row there's an "extra module" module, which needs to be in your first 2 in order to progress. It's also basically useless below tier 2.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

dis astranagant posted:

on the bottom row there's an "extra module" module, which needs to be in your first 2 in order to progress. It's also basically useless below tier 2.

Thanks, that got me going again.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Does anyone else still play Evolve Idle? I'm trying to reach my first MAD, but I'm at 83.4K Knowledge cap struggling with Alloy and Titanium. Still don't have Uranium Storage or anything... I'm starting to wonder if I'm just bad at the game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Trastion posted:

you'll eventually unlock something that let's you equip extra modules but also it wont actually let you equip anything but it, the gold mine, and prestige miner for a while

to be honest I kind of want to see where this goes but this game is actually not really good in explaining or having a decent meta flow right now, so I hope it gets better as development goes on

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
goddamnit edit not quote

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Does anyone else still play Evolve Idle? I'm trying to reach my first MAD, but I'm at 83.4K Knowledge cap struggling with Alloy and Titanium. Still don't have Uranium Storage or anything... I'm starting to wonder if I'm just bad at the game.

First MAD always takes a while. It speeds up pretty well after the first run with the reset currency.

Fighting other nations is especially important the first few times for resources which will help with buildings.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

First MAD always takes a while. It speeds up pretty well after the first run with the reset currency.

Fighting other nations is especially important the first few times for resources which will help with buildings.

Alright, guess I'm investing in Bunk Beds. That said, I'm still about 20k Knowledge cap away from Rocketry, even with Technocracy - any thoughts on making that leap?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright, guess I'm investing in Bunk Beds. That said, I'm still about 20k Knowledge cap away from Rocketry, even with Technocracy - any thoughts on making that leap?

If you have supercolliders unlocked a few of those would help, otherwise it's just shoving power and resources into Wardenclyffe's and Bioscience Labs. Really not much choice beyond those that early in the game, and IIRC the colliders will help you hit the breakpoints to buy more of the static science buildings.

You're close to your first reset though, at which point you want to make sure to maximize your population and military before hitting the big red button.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Until you have some production bonuses going from prestige stuff you'll probably get most of your Titanium and Alloy from buying them, not making them. Usually selling Steel is your best way to make money. I can't remember if I made Supercolliders on my first MAD run, they're 100% worth it later on but if you're just trying to make the bare minimum knowledge to get to MAD I don't know if they're cost efficient.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

I can't remember if I made Supercolliders on my first MAD run, they're 100% worth it later on but if you're just trying to make the bare minimum knowledge to get to MAD I don't know if they're cost efficient.

Yeah it has been so long that I can't remember if colliders are needed or not to hit the min. knowledge cost on a first run for the other buildings. They're just always there as a backup either way in case you need definite, small science growth.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I got there, and now I have one question: is 80 plasmids good for a first reset, or should I push harder for a couple more?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I got there, and now I have one question: is 80 plasmids good for a first reset, or should I push harder for a couple more?

Max out your citizens and make sure your entire military is alive for max plasmid gain. You should be able to squeeze out more than 80 then. There's a prestige calculator on the wiki's reset page.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Been playing Underworld Idle on steam for a bit - I was originally turned off by the image and figured it was some dumb tiddy clicker but it appears to be more along the lines of swarmsim/etc. Honestly so far it's...pretty decent? Not amazing, but it's got a great aesthetic and the UI all works out pretty well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1540960/Underworld_Idle/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

My stats are finally high enough (after a bunch of 24h rebirths to stack up beard bonuses + doing a few more challenges) to idle in the Badly Drawn World -- not forever, but for a few hundred kills.

Of course, this doesn't help as much one might think, because my 6,152% drop chance bonus works out to...a 1.1% drop chance from bosses and 0.37% chance from everything else.

Does anyone know if "item drops in offline progress" are in the roadmap? Because if not I'm probably going to have to just abandon the game.