Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cheetah7071 posted:

no but being 3D shunts it to the bottom of the list, unless it's like, incredible

Guess what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it is legitimately one of the best looking tv anime i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrfhH77ynY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwFU0Ertq8

the camera work and motion is a fantastic showcase for what 3d can do and the unique advantages it has over 2d instead of just being a cheap replacement for it

also great expressions. this is the anime that made me believe 3d wasnt a negative.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Beastars

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
well thanks to this thread my list is like a dozen long, but I'll give it serious consideration when I finish akanesasu, then

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beastars is the same studio yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
houseki no kuni is made by a studio that specifically majors in doing cg animation so they like. actually know how to do it and make it look good and fit what it is

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
garupan is good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

girls und panzer is also a good blend of cg and 2d but to be fair doing tanks entirely in cg sort of gives you an easy way out of the artifice of bad cg since they move stiffly and are inhuman by design. even mechs have humanoid aspects to them that make them being cg stand out more, and cars are a bit more agile.

ofc the cg in girls und panzer is still very good, especially in the movies and stuff, the sense of momentum and weight is incredible and i love the first person shots they do sometimes, but still

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and the occasional shots where they do the girls in cg when they're poking their heads out of the tanks are a bit strange

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
then next up is kemono friends, where artificial and awkward becomes the humor and lifeblood

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

beastars is the same studio yes

It's a good studio

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They should make more Houseki seasons!!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

it is legitimately one of the best looking tv anime i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrfhH77ynY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwFU0Ertq8

the camera work and motion is a fantastic showcase for what 3d can do and the unique advantages it has over 2d instead of just being a cheap replacement for it

also great expressions. this is the anime that made me believe 3d wasnt a negative.

gently caress yeah. it also does use 2D in some scenes when appropriate :)

subjective: houseki looks better

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They should make more dorohedoro seasons

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

they should make more yokohama daidashi kiko seasons

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Let's play a game where we list our negative views on one of our favorite anime. Since I'm trying not to be obsessed with ZLS, I'll start

- Not enough gay girls (although Ai/Junko is close and the staff seems to ship them if Twitter is to go by)
- Too much focus on Sakura's relationship with the other girls, neglecting relationships not involving her
- The show trying to make Kotaro into a sympathetic character falls flat due to how he treats the girls, especially Sakura, like crap a lot of the time
- Revenge was weaker than Season One (although I still liked it), and didn't have enough episodes focusing on the whole group, with two only focusing on Yugiri. Plus Maimai and her episode was completely unnecessary. Not only that, but you don't really feel the impact of their failed concert at the start, since the next episode they get right back into the swing of things and doesn't really feel like the group is struggling.
- The CGI, while it has been improving, is still not great
- The Obari mecha still hasn't appeared

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 26, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nate RFB posted:

This

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

They should make more dorohedoro seasons

Also this

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think if you’re trying not to seem obsessed with a show playing a game that gives you an opportunity to talk about the show isn’t the way.

You’re ok to like ZLS, people like all sorts of things here. Hell I like season 1 because it was funny and I haven’t seen season 2 yet. The weird thing was making a sweeping statement about westerners based on the lack of pictures of a specific ship. Do less of that and you can talk about ZLS in all of your posts.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

they hopefully will, 10,000 years from now

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Namtab posted:

I think if you’re trying not to seem obsessed with a show playing a game that gives you an opportunity to talk about the show isn’t the way.

You’re ok to like ZLS, people like all sorts of things here. Hell I like season 1 because it was funny and I haven’t seen season 2 yet. The weird thing was making a sweeping statement about westerners based on the lack of pictures of a specific ship. Do less of that and you can talk about ZLS in all of your posts.

I'm just gonna refrain from speaking about the show as much as possible because I realize it's annoying as gently caress all the time

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Willo567 posted:

I'm just gonna refrain from speaking about the show as much as possible because I realize it's annoying as gently caress all the time

nobody is mad that you want to talk about zombieland saga, you just, keep tying it into general sweeping statements that make no sense because there is an entire world of yuri anime you are ignoring while you are trying to vaguely circle around a general statement back into zombieland saga. if you want shows that are stronger about their lesbian text or have a stronger fanart community or something you could, continue liking zls, but also be watching other things. you could watch like. strawberry panic. or marimite. or saki. or hidamari sketch. there are, many many things you could watch that would satisfy the vague things you are saying you want. even more if you're willing to dig into reading manga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you get into aikatsu you'll have 450 episodes of funny idol anime with bad cg to watch

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Willo567 posted:

posting "i know everyone hates me talking about ZLS and i'm trying to stop talking about it" over and over again is much more annoying than posting a lot about how much you like an anime in the forum for anime likers

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My man have you watched SSSS.Gridman

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Willo567 posted:

Is there a thread for this show? If no then why not make one?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Dangerous Person posted:

Is there a thread for this show? If no then why not make one?

There's nothing left to discuss - the season is over

The Colonel posted:

nobody is mad that you want to talk about zombieland saga, you just, keep tying it into general sweeping statements that make no sense because there is an entire world of yuri anime you are ignoring while you are trying to vaguely circle around a general statement back into zombieland saga. if you want shows that are stronger about their lesbian text or have a stronger fanart community or something you could, continue liking zls, but also be watching other things. you could watch like. strawberry panic. or marimite. or saki. or hidamari sketch. there are, many many things you could watch that would satisfy the vague things you are saying you want. even more if you're willing to dig into reading manga

that's why i'm gonna watch symphogear and revue starlight

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The show doesn't have to be current to have a thread

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
And if there is nothing to discuss then why do you keep bringing it up

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Vizuyos posted:

posting "i know everyone hates me talking about ZLS and i'm trying to stop talking about it" over and over again is much more annoying than posting a lot about how much you like an anime in the forum for anime likers

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Dangerous Person posted:

And if there is nothing to discuss then why do you keep bringing it up

Because I just like talking about the show, and discussion here is way better than it is on Reddit

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

gently caress yeah. it also does use 2D in some scenes when appropriate :)

subjective: houseki looks better

Both can be good!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Both can be good!

yeah, absolutely

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Vizuyos posted:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

marumaru posted:

i thought the story went that it wasn't supposed to be that extra, but once it happened kurosawa thought it was dope and kept it in?

Maybe? Sounds plausible I swear he wanted that tho

marumaru
May 20, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Maybe? Sounds plausible I swear he wanted that tho

apparently that's the case, though i'm not sure i really trust these sources:
https://www.factfiend.com/hose-accident-made-action-films-awesome/
https://www.tasteofcinema.com/2016/the-15-best-scenes-in-akira-kurosawa-films/2/

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPnCD8Wj4E

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Willo567 posted:

There's nothing left to discuss - the season is over

that's why i'm gonna watch symphogear and revue starlight

Bleach was over for like 10 years and still had a thread. :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Willo567 posted:

Because I just like talking about the show, and discussion here is way better than it is on Reddit

That's what you would post in the thread. I feel like I'm having a stroke