Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

watch biden try for garland again for browning points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1486345554594574339

Dude literally can't get a heart unless he gets the vaccine but Tucker told him not to I guess so

31 year old with two kids and a third on the way and he's going to just die when he doesn't have to so he can own the libs

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

saintonan posted:

awesome, now we get to see Manchin and Sinema refuse to confirm a new justice, then McConnell blocks it until Trump wins again.

Yep. Def can't wait to hear about how it's the midterms so we have to wait, and then the next presidential election is coming up so we have to wait. And the dems bobbing along like the doofs they are with it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

saintonan posted:

awesome, now we get to see Manchin and Sinema refuse to confirm a new justice, then McConnell blocks it until Trump wins again.

blocking the justice won't help their political goals since the court will still remain conservative and stirring this particular pot might cost them their seats because it's utterly pointless. They'll go along with it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

He’d be able to do as much there to investigate trump as he’s been doing at DOJ.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

He’d be able to do as much there to investigate trump as he’s been doing at DOJ.

i know

but they won't care

in any case, i'm ready for 3 years of a 6-2 court

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what's biden have to do with this?

has anyone asked joe manchin who he wants for the court?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Woop! Woop! COVID free! Tested negative today. Back to normal life now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pmchem posted:

what's biden have to do with this?

has anyone asked joe manchin who he wants for the court?

Manchin votes for almost(?) every D Judge.

Now Sinema, that'll be a funny shitshow.

I have such little faith in the dems ability to do anything except pay the military, so I'm leaning towards empty seat going forward.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Vertical Lime posted:

It’s 1000% gonna be this

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My grandpa got a kidney transplant in the 80’s and was always super serious about following the rules and medical advice, and had to take like 20 pills a day.

If someone isn’t willing to follow basic medical advice I’m sure there are other people in need of organs who will.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bobjr posted:

My grandpa got a kidney transplant in the 80’s and was always super serious about following the rules and medical advice, and had to take like 20 pills a day.

If someone isn’t willing to follow basic medical advice I’m sure there are other people in need of organs who will.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone making it a story though. It's just people going, "yeah, good, shame his brain is poisoned."

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hell yeah I was hunched over my computer zeroed in on a spreadsheet and ANOTHER emergency alert blasted my phone that was on the table next to my ear scaring the poo poo out of me, and it was just placeholder text. And of course as I was typing this the actual alert that it was supposed to be screamed in my face.

Can I opt out of these things, I would honestly rather have a raging maniac break into my house and shoot me in the face or have a tornado rip through my house in my sleep than ever have to hear this loving screeching blaring tone wake me up in the middle of the night and instantly make my blood boil gently caress

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Can my computer savvy friends tell me what to think about this laptop deal: https://deals.dell.com/en-us/member/productdetail/cq79

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

Hell yeah I was hunched over my computer zeroed in on a spreadsheet and ANOTHER emergency alert blasted my phone that was on the table next to my ear scaring the poo poo out of me, and it was just placeholder text. And of course as I was typing this the actual alert that it was supposed to be screamed in my face.

Can I opt out of these things, I would honestly rather have a raging maniac break into my house and shoot me in the face or have a tornado rip through my house in my sleep than ever have to hear this loving screeching blaring tone wake me up in the middle of the night and instantly make my blood boil gently caress

Are you on iPhone? Go to Settings > Notifications scroll to the bottom and turn emergency alerts off. I’ve had mine off for years.

Sorry kidnapped children I probably could have saved, the noise your alert makes is way more annoying

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pron on VHS posted:

Can my computer savvy friends tell me what to think about this laptop deal: https://deals.dell.com/en-us/member/productdetail/cq79

Specs are good. CPU is from two generations ago but that's not a huge issue given the number of cores. That's a solid video card that should last a while with everything maxed or close to maxed at that resolution, which is really the only knock I have against it spec-wise.

This review says that it can get pretty hot while gaming and the fans are loud, but still recommends it overall. Biggest problem they detail is an extremely short battery life: https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/alienware-m15-r4-2021

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

:nice:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Are you on iPhone? Go to Settings > Notifications scroll to the bottom and turn emergency alerts off. I’ve had mine off for years.

Sorry kidnapped children I probably could have saved, the noise your alert makes is way more annoying

Oh my God thank you. The last one I got was an Amber alert at like 2:30AM on a weeknight and had the vaguest description of the child and “an Acura or possibly Cadillac car or SUV of unknown color” k bud thanks I’ll keep an eye out for “some sort of vehicle” thanks for ripping me out of my sleep

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

wandler20 posted:

Gimme some of that juju. I tested again this morning and I'm waiting for the results. Ya girl got jury duty AGAIN on Monday. I have no problem serving but I don't want to roll up in there with ronis.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

Gimme some of that juju. I tested again this morning and I'm waiting for the results. Ya girl got jury duty AGAIN on Monday. I have no problem serving but I don't want to roll up in there with ronis.

Good luck! They told me 15 minutes for results and took an hour so I thought for sure I was positive still.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It would never happen, but Justice Obama would cause the most chud rage.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The original voice of Charlie Brown committed suicide :smith:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/peter-robbins-dead-dies-charlie-brown-1235163962/

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Oh my God thank you. The last one I got was an Amber alert at like 2:30AM on a weeknight and had the vaguest description of the child and “an Acura or possibly Cadillac car or SUV of unknown color” k bud thanks I’ll keep an eye out for “some sort of vehicle” thanks for ripping me out of my sleep

Yea I've had mine off for ages. Only thing is that I don't get notices about storms either, but that hasn't been a concern for me for nearly my whole life, and I'm not going to start worrying now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Guze posted:

It would never happen, but Justice Obama would cause the most chud rage.
Barack or Michelle? Both solid choices that would never take the job.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The next Supreme Court Justice must agree that Peter Doocy is a stupid son of a bitch

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Sounds GREAT!!

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1486400186364698628

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Want some of whatever weed he's smoking.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Nominate a suspiciously tall judge that is actually three smaller judges stacked up under one robe.

You expand the court under the iron clad law of "No Backsies"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Guze posted:

Nominate a suspiciously tall judge that is actually three smaller judges stacked up under one robe.

You expand the court under the iron clad law of "No Backsies"

Give five four podcast a seat that's the 3 of them in a robe

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bill trying to get a bug in the ear of all the libs who followed him because he was anti-Trump. Gotta hand it to him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Neil Armbong posted:

Want some of whatever weed he's smoking.

That’s more like huffing glue or jenkem.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A neural network built from the politics posts of this thread would give more realistic predictions than Bill Kristol. He is one of the dumbest motherfuckers talking politics today, and there's some pretty fierce competition in that category.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Spoeank posted:

Give five four podcast a seat that's the 3 of them in a robe

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I would like to nominate myself, I have no legal experience and no real knowledge of the law at all.

BUT!

I will 100% look Ted Cruz in his fat doughy face and call him a bitch made cuck during the hearing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Whomever takes the gig has to love losing though. Your job is to play the Washington Generals to 6 of the worst people possible.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Any person obsessed enough with their resume to be considered a Supreme Court candidate can easily rationalize the lack of actual impact of their job. And it's not like it'll be a ton of wasted effort for a person to be on the losing side of a bunch of cases. Supreme Court justice is a sinecure that only requires you to flip of lever for your partisan preference and proof read your clerk's work. Literally any of us could do it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Whomever takes the gig has to love losing though. Your job is to play the Washington Generals to 6 of the worst people possible.

Playoff Aaron Rodgers come on down :haw:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ozymandius1024 posted:

My wife and I aren't quite there yet, but I think it's a distinct possibility it'll happen in the next couple of years. I could probably accelerate it by selling our house, but I have no clue where we would move without just getting gouged again and taking on a bunch of new debt.

Good luck! I can't stand the feeling of being in debt. I racked up some credit card debt during a period of unemployment and paying it off was a huge saga, thankfully it's done now. I still have a credit score in the 650s with no credit utilization and that should be enough to live wherever I want. Of course, for those who have the money for a down payment having a mortgage makes sense. I just don't think that's in the cards for me.

Leperflesh posted:

The brain is weird!

basically it takes one of your eyes and that's the important one, and then the other eye adds depth perception. You can discover which of your eyes is dominant with a simple test you can do right now!
https://www.allaboutvision.com/resources/dominant-eye-test.htm

Okay I did the first test and I swear that the object stays centered in neither eye. Close one eye it moves one direction, close the other it moves the other direction.

However the second test did seem to work and it seems my left eye is my dominant eye. I was surprised it wasn't my right as I am right dominant in every other way. Do you think it's that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body? Probably not.

Well that's a lie, there are many ways to test a squirrel for meth. No I do not speak from experience specifically with squirrels, but still.

Pron on VHS posted:

Apart from personally strongly preferring desktops as being easier to fix and upgrade (and not really liking 15 inch screens), it's a very solid deal. Personally I'd also swing for the 2 or 2x2 TB NVMe drives (or 2x1 + 512, the 512 can be the boot drive) especially if you will be gaming and using the thing heavily.

I paid quite a bit more in total for my original premade desktop (around 1.1k I believe) plus the 3070 and a few other add-ons like NVMe and several other drives (800 or 900 bucks).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A young center-left supreme court judge's job is to be irrelevant for a long time, but cling to the dream that perhaps in a decade or two, enough of the older conservatives will happen to die on a democratic watch to swing the court back to a point where they're relevant again. It's happened before!

It's also just incredibly prestigious and ensures your name will be written in history books for centuries. Nobody remembers "6th circuit appeals court judge Smith" but "supreme court judge Smith" is as big a deal as any judge can ever aspire to. You're basically guaranteed multiple biographies, legal scholars will study you, you'll get to write some dissenting opinions that will be talked about in law school classrooms all over the country, etc.

ANyway hey medical goons, since my cough and tighness in the chest/gurgling breathing at night is still going on (I'm in Day 24 of symptoms, never tested positive for covid but I couldn't get an at-home test until day 10 of symptoms or a PCR till day 15) a random doctor I was able to get to see last week prescribed me inhalers for "if I need them." Albuterol and Alvesco. The Albuterol makes total sense, immediate relief and it looks like it's being widely prescribed for covid symptoms. I'm less sure about the Alvesco, because of this:
https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20211122/alvesco-no-better-than-placebo-for-alleviating-covid19-symptoms
The drug instructions for Alvesco say you take it for weeks and it may not start having an effect until like week 4. That seems like an odd option for what I'm really hoping will be a near-term recovery? Maybe this study was only looking at short-term help for covid-positive acute patients.

My inclination is to trust the doctor and take the stuff, but I'm interested in whether there's any actual controversy over this med for non-asthma chest tightness/breathing symptoms of maybe-long-covid.

Play posted:

Okay I did the first test and I swear that the object stays centered in neither eye. Close one eye it moves one direction, close the other it moves the other direction.

However the second test did seem to work and it seems my left eye is my dominant eye. I was surprised it wasn't my right as I am right dominant in every other way. Do you think it's that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body? Probably not.

I'm right-handed and right-eye dominant. It's certain that handedness isn't strictly determinative of eye dominance. WebMD etc. say that it's "more common" for the dominant eye to match the dominant hand, for whatever that's worth.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

T-Square posted:

This is papa bear.
Put out an apb for a male suspect driving a *squints*
Car, of some sort

https://youtu.be/V2mjN_F0eXc

Suspect is hatless, repeat Hatless!