Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

THEE President owes you nothing!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

analysis: Dems gonna be destroyed in '22

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I'm rewatching Veep and it's it's hilarious how much the characters seem to care about about themselves and their careers, and by extension seeming effective at their jobs.

Like, the whole show is about how politicians and their hangers-on are all venal, narcissistic demons, but I keep thinking to myself "At least they want to LOOK like they give a poo poo."

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

He's retiring at the exact time when Congress goes on a month long vacation leading into election season, which means they have about 3 weeks in September to get it done lmfao

Lmao

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I'm rewatching Veep and it's it's hilarious how much the characters seem to care about about themselves and their careers, and by extension seeming effective at their jobs.

Like, the whole show is about how politicians and their hangers-on are all venal, narcissistic demons, but I keep thinking to myself "At least they want to LOOK like they give a poo poo."

veep was made during the obama era where obama is the ultimate form of the liberal. he can believably make you think he is doing good things and anything stopping him is actually stopping him not just because he doesn't care.

now all the liberals are too lazy

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If they can figure out a way to tie the nomination and vote to military funding increase they can wrap that process up in a day no problem

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Can you, in theory (if you don't suck poo poo), discuss nominating a person to SCOTUS prior to the actual retirement date? Like could you vote on the new nominee one day after Breyer retires after having discussed who it would be and interviewed them for weeks?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

congratulations to new soctus justice beau biden

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

He's retiring at the exact time when Congress goes on a month long vacation leading into election season, which means they have about 3 weeks in September to get it done lmfao

oh my god :discourse:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Vomik posted:

veep was made during the obama era where obama is the ultimate form of the liberal. he can believably make you think he is doing good things and anything stopping him is actually stopping him not just because he doesn't care.

now all the liberals are too lazy

I suppose this is what gerontocracy does to a motherfucker

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

Can you, in theory (if you don't suck poo poo), discuss nominating a person to SCOTUS prior to the actual retirement date? Like could you vote on the new nominee one day after Breyer retires after having discussed who it would be and interviewed them for weeks?

yeah, you're exactly right

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mayor Dave posted:

Which means they're going to put it off until after the election because "the American people deserve a choice" and because it makes the midterms "the most important election in history".

Which means the GOP gets another judge.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

democrats are going to keep the seat vacant until the midterms, and then replace him only if they keep the senate lol because they Want to Let The Voters Decide.

e: ^ yah that

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Nothus posted:

because it makes the midterms "the most important election in history".

If only there was someone worth voting for. I think I'm just going to start replying "lmao" to any fundraising contacts. I used to feel like that was too mean but seriously. Lol. Lmao.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

they already got kavanaugh and acb so it doesn't matter at all if they install the preserved corpse of lenin, the game's already over and will be for at least a generation lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

they already got kavanaugh and acb so it doesn't matter at all if they install the preserved corpse of lenin, the game's already over and will be for at least a generation lol

correct. this will be a clean confirmation with 3-5 gop votes, they already won

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Remember when Obama refused to make a recess appointment to the Supreme Court even though he could have? Anyway, the Dems are doomed in 2022.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

June 2022: Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade

November 2022: Vote for Democrats, or else conservatives will take over the Supreme Court!!!!!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol I lost track what is this, an 8-1 Supreme Court soon? amazing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

more like 8-0

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
this is the genius of the democrats - with all the justices on one side, people will start bringing poo poo to the supreme court that will cause dissension within the republican justices and rupture the republican party!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

A Buttery Pastry posted:

this is the genius of the democrats - with all the justices on one side, people will start bringing poo poo to the supreme court that will cause dissension within the republican justices and rupture the republican party!

tbh i do sort of wonder how slanted they can get before people just stop listening to them

like when president desantis takes office the pnw will suddenly start to publicly question whether they should listen

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

they'll look so bad 👏 and 👏 thats 👏 the 👏 tea 👏 y'all

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mediaphage posted:

tbh i do sort of wonder how slanted they can get before people just stop listening to them

like when president desantis takes office the pnw will suddenly start to publicly question whether they should listen

sounds like you need a lesson on the importance of decorum in politics

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
the insane mass murderer joseph robinette biden jr has spent his entire life trying to be president and now that he gets there his only accomplishment will be adding the democratic party to the list of those he's killed.

lol.

lmao.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joe Biden's job is to take the fall for decades of American policy failure, and instead of learning anything Democrats will blame him instead of themselves.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I haven't lost confidence that biden can accomplish anything.

Because I NEVER HAD ANY :owned:

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Vim Fuego posted:

I haven't lost confidence that biden can accomplish anything.

Because I NEVER HAD ANY :owned:

nah im actually surprised he hasn't started a war yet hes very good at that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Joe Biden's job is to take the fall for decades of American policy failure, and instead of learning anything Democrats will blame him instead of themselves.

nah, they blame bernie

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

mediaphage posted:

I assure you that when the Balkanization starts it will be much more stupid and unpleasant than any of us are imagining

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, they blame bernie

lol wish this wasn't so true

https://twitter.com/evaelle/status/1485799917620658177?s=20

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

say it with me folks: Associate Justice Rahm Emmanual

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, they blame bernie

give it another couple years.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

CaptainACAB posted:

Does either party even have the energy to start a war anymore? We're so far past the cold war and 9/11 that there's little ideological energy for one. The Trump and Biden admins have just been about looting and grifting while doing as little as possible. Plus both party leaderships are so old that half of them can't think straight.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Does either party even have the energy to start a war anymore? We're so far past the cold war and 9/11 that there's little ideological energy for one. The Trump and Biden admins have just been about looting and grifting while doing as little as possible. Plus both party leaderships are so old that half of them can't think straight.

pelosi seems pretty gung ho

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The manufacturing consent industry is still working very well to drum jingoism, just look at what other goons in other forums say about China and Russia (nevermind reddit).

It's just that you know, China and Russia can credibly deal a heavy blow to the US and instead of one country it's forcing more than one country into a de-facto coalition.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainACAB posted:

He's certainly on his way

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nothus posted:

Which means they're going to put it off until after the election because "the American people deserve a choice" and because it makes the midterms "the most important election in history".

Which means the GOP gets another judge.

Good. They’ll declare the Demon Rats illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
At a graduation for pelosi's newphew a few yeara ago, he was the only one that didnt have those shawl thingies. We assume cause he was especially inbred.