Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Normal (non DLC) dungeons are so trivial you can steamroll them with a gaggle of clueless newbies. If you have at least one high Champion level player in your group they will probably solo the whole thing if you let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Diephoon posted:

Normal (non DLC) dungeons are so trivial you can steamroll them with a gaggle of clueless newbies. If you have at least one high Champion level player in your group they will probably solo the whole thing if you let them.

Speaking as a clueless newbie I can confirm I have had no problem beating a dungeon with 3 other clueless newbies.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Diephoon posted:

when it's a non dlc dungeon and some of the easier dlc dungeons, I put on a Julianos/Soulshine/Zaan heavy armor Magicka dps set and have fun basically solo tanking/healing the group.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Non-DLC WBs are also soloable. DLCs are definitely not. Summerset DLCs are punch a dev in the dick level if you try to solo them, or even try them with less than 4-5 people.

Vet dungeons are nothing to worry about. The trash has more HP and hits harder and the bosses have an extra mechanic. If you are CP 200+ you shouldn't have a problem.

Trials are the ones I haven't bothered with because they need practice runs and all that BS.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Me and my friends tried two separate dungeons in vvardenfall and kept dying a ton. Is there a way to know which ones are easy?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Me and my friends tried two separate dungeons in vvardenfall and kept dying a ton. Is there a way to know which ones are easy?
The posts were talking about group dungeons, vvardenfell doesn't go have any, it has 2 public dungeons. The bosses in those can be tricky but there are usually other players running around.

In any case, release order is a pretty good indicator of difficulty for dungeons, pds, wbs, even delves: base game zones, in story order, then tg+db, then wrothgar, vvard, cwc, summerset, murkmire, elsewyr, skyrim, blackwood.

For dungeons the order in the dungeon finder is release order.

so start with stonefalls/glenumbra/auridon then move up the zones for both wb and pd.

All public dungeons and wbs are soloable if you're good enough, but dlc ones are definitely a noticeable step up. I can't do dlc wbs but I can do the public dungeons with some effort and dying. Practice and learning mechanics can help you punch above your weight.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

on the matter of dual running dungeons, the mechanics become really important when you don't have four people with enough damage to merely blow the boss's health out like a candle

A lot of websites have overly dramatic, verbose descriptions of boss fights; xynode gaming has relatively clean descriptions of almost every encounter.

Doctor Zero posted:

DLCs are definitely not. Summerset DLCs are punch a dev in the dick level if you try to solo them

kind of feeling more and more validation for making a bastard heavy armor tankplar dps set :D

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 21, 2022

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Normal trials are pretty easy for the most part, you can find people forming pick up groups for them in Craglorn. The overwhelming majority of normal trial runs I've done have been successful despite being just a bunch of random people thrown together.

I just run them until I have all the loot I want from a particular trial, like the False God's for my templar.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I have to pug Cradle of Shadows at some point to get the last lead for Gaze of Sithis, but I just can't be bothered

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

What level are you both? And which dungeon did you try? Actual dungeons are 4 player. Delves are not. Halls of Fabrication is a Trial so don’t go in there.

In my experience public dungeons under CP160 are tricky to impossible without a full group. It’s annoying that some quests take you in one. If you really want to / have to go in one, find high level player(s) and follow them around.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Chill Bros Chat Lounge discord (originally one of the eso goon hangouts) is willing to add a channel for organizing groups for dungeons and whatnot, if there's interest in here.

Anyone?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Sure, though I use discord as a place to go if there's something I need, not as a place to hang out, so hopefully something gets posted either here or in the message of the day in game, even if the planning itself is on discord.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Next chapter name revealed:

The actual announcement is tomorrow.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The MMO HMO> Elder Scrolls Online: :420: :yarr: :shroom: :rznv:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Definitely a better name than Greymoor lol.

Anyway, if anyone wants to organize dungeon shenanigans over discord we can definitely make a channel in the chill bros server for that purpose. It'll give me a reason to update the ESO bots since, especially since I may give this xpac a shot.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I got an email that if you link your twitch and eso account and watch the live stream tomorrow you get a giant crab.

So if you want a giant crab you know what to do.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

1glitch0 posted:

I got an email that if you link your twitch and eso account and watch the live stream tomorrow you get a giant crab.

So if you want a giant crab you know what to do.

Yeah, just did this myself. Hint: you link from the Bethesda site, not twitch even though the link brings you to twitch. :iiam:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Is this a riding crab??

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Is this a riding crab??

Nah it's a pet and it's pretty gross looking tbh

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61461

Rest assured I will still claim my free disgusting crab friend

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Doctor Zero posted:

Yeah, just did this myself. Hint: you link from the Bethesda site, not twitch even though the link brings you to twitch. :iiam:

This was very helpful to me!

Diephoon posted:

Rest assured I will still claim my free disgusting crab friend

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
for some reason it told me my twitch was already account linked to another ESO account, so I unlinked what was listed on the twitch side as ESO and then went to do the link again and it gave me the same error.

I just want a nasty crab friend :argh:

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
In the process of downloading this right now since I want to play an mmo again and have heard I can be casual. I've been reading a few guides, but it all really does seem like, if I'm not going for end game top tier stuff, as long as I focus on either stam or mag I can't really screw it up? Good times.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

sexpig by night posted:

for some reason it told me my twitch was already account linked to another ESO account, so I unlinked what was listed on the twitch side as ESO and then went to do the link again and it gave me the same error.

I just want a nasty crab friend :argh:
Maybe the message is supposed to say your ESO is linked to another twitch?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Jesus In A Can posted:

In the process of downloading this right now since I want to play an mmo again and have heard I can be casual. I've been reading a few guides, but it all really does seem like, if I'm not going for end game top tier stuff, as long as I focus on either stam or mag I can't really screw it up? Good times.
You can respec everything except class and race (you can change race for money). So just pick something you like and if you screw up fix it later.

You can only change appearance for money, though, so if you care about what your character looks like take some time in character creation to make them look right. And check that it actually looks how you expect in game.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jesus In A Can posted:

Do whatever you want, go wherever you want. its good

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just did my first dungeon and had no idea what was going on, I guess some daedra was being sealed or something? I dunno. I got a dagger out of it and some armor that isn't good for me, so that's something, I guess.

I am dying for inventory space atm, good god, how do you guys manage it?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I get backpack expansions with gold and train capacity at the stables.

I deconstruct all weapons, runes, clothes, armor, etc after each run to conserve space and increase my crafting xp.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
you dweebs pvp yet or

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I didn't do horse training until like 2 months in because I didn't understand what it was. It's great for inventory and great for mount speed and relatively cheap, definitely get on that right away.
The backpack expansions and bank expansions should be the first thing you spend gold on. If you're a hoarder make an alt or two and use them as storage.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth trying to craft on my main? Or at all, for that matter? Drops and quest rewards seem to outclass anything I could easily make atm

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Is it worth trying to craft on my main? Or at all, for that matter? Drops and quest rewards seem to outclass anything I could easily make atm
Yes, but if you're having inventory issues wait a bit. The only time gated thing is research, so research what you find along the way and you can worry about the actual crafting part later.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

QuantaStarFire posted:

I just did my first dungeon and had no idea what was going on, I guess some daedra was being sealed or something? I dunno. I got a dagger out of it and some armor that isn't good for me, so that's something, I guess.

I am dying for inventory space atm, good god, how do you guys manage it?

fully upgrading inventory takes like 200k gold? more or less. the crafting bag and the tons of DLC is how they getcha to sub.

e: you can also upgrade your mount at a stable once per day, opting to choose inventory space instead of mount speed. personally i think this is really obnoxious and i never log in daily just to upgrade my mounts so i'm always slow when i do decide to play again.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 27, 2022

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I just wasted a bunch of mats and mutes on a jewelry set.
Don't be me and just search cat if you want catalyst stuff and not scathing mage :haw:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

speaking of training, is there anything I can do with these drat horse training books other than destroy them? I've got some on a character that has everything maxed and I can't put them in the bank. this is dumb

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

by "destroying" you mean you're refining them into gems, yes?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

speaking of training, is there anything I can do with these drat horse training books other than destroy them? I've got some on a character that has everything maxed and I can't put them in the bank. this is dumb
The only ones you can't put in the bank are the ones from the level up reward. If you somehow didn't get those before maxing your riding, then yeah nothing else to do but delete them. The ones you get as event loot or from the crown store should be account bound, not character bound, and bankable. I have a few resting in my bank since all my characters are maxed.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Potato Salad posted:

by "destroying" you mean you're refining them into gems, yes?

The training books? Oh you mean crown gems? Yeah, I do that. It’s the other ones like the ones you get from daily rewards that I can’t do anything with.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The only ones you can't put in the bank are the ones from the level up reward. If you somehow didn't get those before maxing your riding, then yeah nothing else to do but delete them. The ones you get as event loot or from the crown store should be account bound, not character bound, and bankable. I have a few resting in my bank since all my characters are maxed.

Ah okay. Those were the first ones I got after maxing all my characters so I assumed they were all like that. Ugh, I guess it’s start a new alt time. Again.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Card game and two new companions.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Their system to give us our crab is broken...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

Their system to give us our crab is broken...
It works on the regional channels. https://twitch.tv/bethesda_de