Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Red Mountain smells like farts.

The ghost gate keeps the stench in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The AshFall mod has hot and cold and, generally, it's all about cold unless you're around lava or in an ash storm.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
do u think that the kwama queen gets embarrassed when she poos out eggs in front of nerevar??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of the kwama queen pooping an egg while she looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the eggs smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Any analysis of the climate of Tamriel has to contend with the fact that there is no sun and the universe is geocentric. All weather is almost certainly actually because, "A God did it."

That God has a name! It's TA *gets dragged away by Thalmor agents*.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Any analysis of the climate of Tamriel has to contend with the fact that there is no sun and the universe is geocentric. All weather is almost certainly actually because, "A God did it."

I was standing in the third straight day of slate grey down pour in Whiterun and Danica Pure Spring reminds me that we have Kynnereth to thank for the winds and the rains and I began to wonder if this more like flooding of the Nile thing?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

The AshFall mod has hot and cold and, generally, it's all about cold unless you're around lava or in an ash storm.

It's that that made me turn off the weather aspect of AshFall, when I went into the Bitter Coast and found myself starting to freeze, it was like...

quote:

The salt marshes and hot swamps of Bitter Coast are...

... uhh okay, but I guess it's just freezing? Swamp rain is hot. I've been in swamp rain storms irl it's warm rain I'm not shivering to death right away.

And getting into the Ashlands where I had a mod that adds a heat-haze filter and finding myself too cold and needing to bundle up, I just, I couldn't take the mod seriously anymore. Also I was playing an Argonian and it made it impossible to take advantage of water-breathing, because any amount of time underwater just started killing me anyway.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
being in a blight storm has gotta be like having a fever

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was standing in the third straight day of slate grey down pour in Whiterun and Danica Pure Spring reminds me that we have Kynnereth to thank for the winds and the rains and I began to wonder if this more like flooding of the Nile thing?

i bless the rains down in starting town

SniperWoreConverse posted:

being in a blight storm has gotta be like having a fever

it's very effective worldbuilding but finding myself in an ash storm in ald'ruhn is a very good way to make me go back inside and take 24h naps until it's over

and i hate/love that i can't see poo poo five feet in front of my face inside the ghostfence

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The ash yam icon looks like a cockroach to me so before I knew what a yam was I always thought I was making potions with bugs

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Jay Rust posted:

The ash yam icon looks like a cockroach to me so before I knew what a yam was I always thought I was making potions with bugs

Everyone knows that eating a cockroach makes you better at eating cockroaches 🪳

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Learning that yams are a real thing at 29 was revelatory.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

galagazombie posted:

I always imagined Vvardenfell as quite cool or even chilly. It’s one of the most northern parts of one of the most northern provinces. Sheogorad at the least is gonna be cold. Hell it’s even full of Nords! I figure that only the Ascadian Isles and Bitter Coast are really “warm” barring standing next to lava pits in Molag Mar.

Though I love Solstheim it really is just a completely different game. Even putting aside the flora and fauna. It’s has no connections with any of the characters, culture/society/politics, metaphysics, or plotlines. You might as well be playing a different character than the Nerevarine.

Vvardenfell has a huge gently caress off volcano at it's center and a lot of magma pits and tunnels that vent more geothermal energy.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Skwirl posted:

Vvardenfell has a huge gently caress off volcano at it's center and a lot of magma pits and tunnels that vent more geothermal energy.

So almost exactly like Iceland?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Mamaea is loving creepy. It's one giant hollowed out spinal column, and it's just full of Sixth House monsters including the only Dagoth outside of the Ghostfence. It's got a pool so deep swimming to the bottom makes the game bug out, and it's mostly empty of any features except for a bone fang weapon (the Fang of Hletters) and one poor fucker who got trapped there and is probably gonna be converted into a dreamer. Morrowind is good at creating scary but honestly that might freak me out the most.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/soulsitem/status/1486639690413326336?t=GY8MdN7PZceKc6zx0bLnPQ&s=19

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does anyone know of a reference for the construction kit's "Gameplay->Settings" entries and what each of them do?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Does anyone know of a reference for the construction kit's "Gameplay->Settings" entries and what each of them do?

theyre called "GMSTs" internally, you can find a listing of them in morrowind scripting for dummies
https://mw.modhistory.com/download-106-12396

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell yes, thank you!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PizzaProwler posted:

do u think that the kwama queen gets embarrassed when she poos out eggs in front of nerevar??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of the kwama queen pooping an egg while she looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the eggs smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Seriously? Goddamn it.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Is the inside of ghost gate cold or hot, do you think

do u think enar dralor gets cold being in charge of the ghost gate. sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha.

and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of enar dralor shivering from the cold while he looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha.

another thing i am wondering is what do you think the ghost gate smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell it

Arivia posted:

Mamaea is loving creepy.

Mamaea! Here we go again!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 28, 2022

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

quote is not edit

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
Morrowind update: still an amazing game. Recently did the thieves guild questline in home of the nords and imo its great

Edit: clearly there should be a mod which allows you to sniff things

Fake Name fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 28, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fake Name posted:

Edit: clearly there should be a mod which allows you to sniff things

It would only exist as a fetish thing or as part of a quest where you have to figure out a napkin smells like a particular perfume of whoever committed a murder. You'd have to either write out how every object in the game smells or just have a script that says "it smells like how it should smell" outside a few object where's it's important to the modder.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Creating an entire deck or scratch and sniff cards for everything from Kwama eggs to Saltrice to Guars to Corpus Weepings

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Morrowind is definitely one of the stinkiest game worlds

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Morrowind is definitely one of the stinkiest game worlds

The staple diet is eggs laid by giant insects, yeah, definitely.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The reason Dunmer enslave Argonians and regard them as lesser is that ripping huge powerful farts is a sign of status in Dunmer society and lizards don't really fart much

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I always imagined Scuttle to have kind of a dry musty smell,
Kwama Eggs like heavily salted cold red meat,
Ash Yams as Yams believe it or not,
Saul Treece as like soft pretzels,
Guar like turkey,
Cliff Racer like leather or jerky,
Kagutie like chicken,
Bittergreen like spinach,
Comberry like cranberry,
Marshmerrow like maple syrup,
Muckspunge like a communion wafer,
Mudcrab like lobster
and Nix Hound like soft pork fat.
I have no idea how most of these came to be. I think after a thousand hours your brain just has no choice but to assign a flavor to all these fantasy foods.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

It would only exist as a fetish thing or as part of a quest where you have to figure out a napkin smells like a particular perfume of whoever committed a murder. You'd have to either write out how every object in the game smells or just have a script that says "it smells like how it should smell" outside a few object where's it's important to the modder.

i would simply write out how every object in the game smells

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46497 not a fully immersive sniffing mod but something to sate your smelling needs

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Flinger posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46497 not a fully immersive sniffing mod but something to sate your smelling needs

I think this is part of the YAJAN modpack and it's a nice little immersion thing because Daggerfall owns.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Flinger posted:

I've read the awful/awesome mods thread too much, I assumed it was going to be some weird gross smelling fetish thing.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

mbt posted:

Almalexia at the end, yes. Telvanni city redo concurrent with alma, quest redo probably around the same time. I'm pushing to get the end initially included even if it means it gets scrapped later. All of the firewatch and helnim quests are redone for the next release.

We even have someone uber passionate about kemel ze sucking so that will be a blast

Is the Firewatch tower being knocked down? God I hope so

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BBJoey posted:

Is the Firewatch tower being knocked down? God I hope so

replaced with an entirely new appropriate model. helnim is cut to basically nothing, new town at the top of the peninsula. kemel-ze complete rework and telvanni endgame quests also being worked on

(this is firewatch btw)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
finished the main game except for a small handful of quests and leftovers, onto mournhold to see if i can keep my interest going before adhd tells me to go play a different game

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mbt posted:

replaced with an entirely new appropriate model. helnim is cut to basically nothing, new town at the top of the peninsula. kemel-ze complete rework and telvanni endgame quests also being worked on

(this is firewatch btw)

really like how the lighthouse looks like a tiny white-gold tower

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Seyda neen‘s lighthouse is called “the Grand Pharos” but it’s like, smaller than Arrille’s tradehouse

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This is a series where people are impressed by baby's first healing and light spells.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Seyda neen‘s lighthouse is called “the Grand Pharos” but it’s like, smaller than Arrille’s tradehouse

morrowind is scaled down from its canonical size in daggerfall. grand pharos is actually like 5 km tall

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat, then how big is the tradehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

drat, then how big is the tradehouse

Canonically, the entire vanilla Morrowind overworld map could fit inside it, complete with a miniature tradehouse