Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1476580531609513990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this fuckin rules lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big missed opportunity for halloween havoc

https://twitter.com/OTOBHTX/status/1477989822774005761

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 7, 2022

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I always thought 'hey a legdrop where the guy just does a back bump instead of landing on his rear end' could be good. Russo is the closest I've seen to it. I mean it's not 'good' but it's not 'holy poo poo this is terrible why is Vince Russo wrestling' either.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Russo was the innovator of Kofi’s Boom Drop.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I always thought 'hey a legdrop where the guy just does a back bump instead of landing on his rear end' could be good. Russo is the closest I've seen to it. I mean it's not 'good' but it's not 'holy poo poo this is terrible why is Vince Russo wrestling' either.

Jeff Hardy and Kofi both do this, it's cool!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

ChrisBTY posted:

Eh, just do a splash or a senton at that point.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Who's got two thumbs and an 'awesome wrestling stance"?

This guy, apparently.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toA6LCNIm_8

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A very stupid WCW thing I thought of recently.

Was Alex Wright actually from Berlin? And it turns out he isn't. He's from Nuremburg.

Thus making his subsequent ring name a filthy lie. Thanks WCW for once again sullying something from my childhood with your poorly thought out xenophobic geographically inaccurate naming of midcard wrestlers.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
He could've been yet another incarnation of The Executioner.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

Was Alex Wright actually from Berlin? And it turns out he isn't. He's from Nuremburg.

Thus making his subsequent ring name a filthy lie. Thanks WCW for once again sullying something from my childhood with your poorly thought out xenophobic geographically inaccurate naming of midcard wrestlers.

It's professional wrestling, be grateful he's actually German

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m grateful for other reasons.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's professional wrestling, be grateful he's actually German

Yeah, like Nikolai Volkoff was actually Serbian or something, IIRC.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

He's not named Berlyn because he's from Berlyn, it's a tribute to the band that did "Metro."

Hedgehog Pie posted:

He could've been yet another incarnation of The Executioner.
Idunno why, but I thought of this at random today: I love it when a jobber has a name like "The Executioner" or "The Angel of Death." Then the guy loses to PN News in 5 minutes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

He should have been nicknamed “Judgement”

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Think that's bad? Syxx was the seventh member of the nWo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Arbite posted:

Think that's bad? Syxx was the seventh member of the nWo.

I bet Sick Boy didn't even need to go to the doctors either.

Why is it that the lies Professional Wrestling has told me hurt my soul so much more than the lies my parents tell me?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Halloween Jack posted:

He's not named Berlyn because he's from Berlyn, it's a tribute to the band that did "Metro."

How do you explain his enforcer, The Wall? Pink Floyd reference?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
mrt and the real heads know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KETdKkebRpg

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m grateful for other reasons.

is it his hog? bc that's why i'm grateful, his hog

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

goddamn it has been a WHILE since I've heard Skinny Puppy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I bet Sick Boy didn't even need to go to the doctors either.

Why is it that the lies Professional Wrestling has told me hurt my soul so much more than the lies my parents tell me?

Raven was a man, not a bird, and Kidman was a grown-rear end adult, not a child masquerading as a man!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Kidman was a play on Billy the Kid, both nicknames owing to their youthful appearance.

He and Juventud should've feuded over it. :haw:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Kidman was a play on Billy the Kid, both nicknames owing to their youthful appearance.

No jokes, a series of Juvi vs Kidman matches would have been very cool.

I remember they had a Cruiserweight Championship match at some PPV or other that I remember being a banger.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Halloween Jack posted:

Idunno why, but I thought of this at random today: I love it when a jobber has a name like "The Executioner" or "The Angel of Death." Then the guy loses to PN News in 5 minutes.
My first phase of active wrestling fandom started in elementary school circa fall 1990, Survivor Series was the first PPV I watched live at a friend's house, and around that same time WWF had a jobber called THE BLACK DEMON who me and my friends were super into because he had a mask, was called THE BLACK DEMON and we somehow convinced ourselves Roddy Piper said he was THE BLACK DEMON FROM HELL and what kind of crazy stuff could a demon from hell do??

(job to midcarders in 90 seconds)

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

The real misleading-wrestler-name crime is that Disco Inferno wasn't set on fire even once.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

No jokes, a series of Juvi vs Kidman matches would have been very cool.

I remember they had a Cruiserweight Championship match at some PPV or other that I remember being a banger.

They had a bunch in late 98 which eventually expanded to a three way with Rey at Starrcade and a 4 way with Rey and Psicosis on Souled Out 99.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/MonsoonClassic/status/1488129719585366016

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Randy giving Ultimo a few hope spots in the 5 minute squash. I wish we could’ve gotten 7 more minutes, really good stuff from a bizarre pairing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6h194kfEA

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If only the Society could have Slammed WCW's competition

https://twitter.com/wcwworldwide/status/890264604911316992
https://twitter.com/HelloMrKearns/status/737439770188480512

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

LividLiquid posted:

My weird brainworm with Kidman was KID-MAN, a superhero with the powers of a kid AND a man. He knows why children like cinnamon toast crunch!
I teamed him with The Hurricane in one of my TEW games.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I was listening to some Bryan and Vinny Retro shows and Bryan says something like, in reference to a Sting/Luger video package, "And Luger won the title off Windham....and they hosed him that time, too! This poor guy."

I don't know anything about that era of WC(C?)W. I know Bryan is comparing it to how in late WCW Luger got these big World Title and US Title wins and then immediately lost them. Is that what happened with Windham?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NikkolasKing posted:

I was listening to some Bryan and Vinny Retro shows and Bryan says something like, in reference to a Sting/Luger video package, "And Luger won the title off Windham....and they hosed him that time, too! This poor guy."

I don't know anything about that era of WC(C?)W. I know Bryan is comparing it to how in late WCW Luger got these big World Title and US Title wins and then immediately lost them. Is that what happened with Windham?

nah, WCW basically never hotshotted its world title until the Attitude Era (barring unrecognized changes on international tours that no one counts)

this was precisely the period in time where WCW was having a lot of backstage relation issues with talent because of Jim Herd . Luger was supposed to wrestle Flair for the title at GAB, it ended up being Windham because Flair left with the title for WWF.

without getting moire context its probably because they were promoting Luger as a big babyface against Flair, and as a result of the match he turned heel and WCW basically burned all of their efforts and merch sales for a big babyface champion

and then Luger left to join the WBF like a half year later or something after dropping the title to Sting

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

and then Luger left to join the WBF like a half year later or something after dropping the title to Sting

Made all the more irritating because like right then, right there at least the fans were pretty hot for Luger as a potential face champ. (I know I was as a wee one.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/deepcutswcw/status/1493575522277892097?s=21

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lol this owns

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They should have pushed Charles Robinson

Adbot