Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The United States posted:

Thinking about this makes me reflect on just how odd Din's childhood must have been with parents who never removed their helmets, ever.

I'll say it because I'm not the only one thinking it: making fresh Mandos must have a certain awkwardness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sash! posted:

I'll say it because I'm not the only one thinking it: making fresh Mandos must have a certain awkwardness

They can’t take their helmets off, never said anything about everything else :pervert:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
They'd all go deaf from bonking their helmets into things and each other.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I feel like they gotta give Bryce Dallas Howard a feature-length film at some point, she's got a great feel for the SW aesthetic.

I also liked seeing our hero have to fly coach, little quotidian details about what life is like for normies in a galaxy far far away are interesting.

e: also I may be nuts but those rodents in beggars canyon seemed to be just slightly smaller than the exhaust port on the first death star

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 26, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jerkface posted:

she's a fundie teagone, she's closer to vizla than din 😩😩😩😩

she must not be allowed to rule mandalore

She can be saved! She hasn't met Grogu yet. She will want to protect him I'm sure. Surely she can also recognize that her covert probably isn't gonna go anywhere too, lmao. Better prospects with Din and I guess maybe hooking up with Bo's crew eventually after realizing her fundamentalist perspective is horseshit.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I refuse to believe anywhere has a direct flight to Tattooine :mad: It's supposed to be some backwater planet! Make Djin have to have like 15 connections and transfers. :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Kazy posted:

I refuse to believe anywhere has a direct flight to Tattooine :mad: It's supposed to be some backwater planet! Make Djin have to have like 15 connections and transfers. :v:

The rodians were on the transport at the end, so they apparently had a pretty long layover. It probably really is a pain in the rear end getting around the Outer Rim on commercial or public transportation.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Kazy posted:

If the ring world was the same one as in the Expanded Universe, it's in Hutt Space, which makes slightly more sense to have direct flights to Jabba's home turf than other places might.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

IIRC Tatooine happens to sit near the crossroads of the Core-Rim “Corellian Run” Trade route and a lesser trade route that spans the outer rim and winds its way into Hutt Space (Naboo is on the same trade route, just in the other direction).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kazy posted:

Maybe he flew Space Southwest that has all sorts of weird city pairs because of the hub less system

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Do you grab a pizza at the Hutt Hut?

"Is your army's belly empty? March on over to the Hutt Hut for all-you-can-eat p'zaa slices! Hutt Hut hut!"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Kazy posted:

Hey even Iowa has direct flights from somewhere.

But usually it's in a tiny regional jet. Not an A380.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

It’s a shame Mando lost his spear, I feel like the armorer is setting him up to fail (even though he won’t). Clearly other mandalorians are willing to betray him; maybe a spear that can defeat their armor is a good idea? His swordsmanship is poor at best, and until he learns to channel the force he’s as dangerous to himself as he is others with the dark saber.

Which is why Mando has to go see his Jedi friend before he heads off on a quest to atone for his sins.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The best episode of Boba Fett had no Boba Fett in it. Shocking. :geno:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just realized that although the armorer stated that beskar is not used for weapons that the whistling birds are made out of beskar so :confused:

Also someone earlier asked why it would take all of the spear's metal to make a little chain-mail shirt; it wouldn't, but the remaining beskar is put into a pool for future use for the clan as shown in one of the early episodes from season one.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sammus posted:

It’s a shame Mando lost his spear, I feel like the armorer is setting him up to fail (even though he won’t). Clearly other mandalorians are willing to betray him; maybe a spear that can defeat their armor is a good idea? His swordsmanship is poor at best, and until he learns to channel the force he’s as dangerous to himself as he is others with the dark saber.

Well from a story perspective, he would never have been able to fit the spear into his checked luggage.

Besides, how are we gonna top the fight against Gideon?

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

jesus christ its surreal how good this episode was compared to the rest...just cancel this show already and put Fennec Shand in Mandolorian season 3

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I think it's worth giving Temura a bit of slack because he was given a scenery piece to play. There is no material to elevate. I'd be interested to see how he did with a more fleshed out character with his face like Rex.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just realized that although the armorer stated that beskar is not used for weapons that the whistling birds are made out of beskar so :confused:

The Armorer, Paz, and the rest of the covert are well-meaning but insane cultists. Hypocrisy isn't surprising since they're basically Space Fundies.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kesper North posted:

Do you grab a pizza at the Hutt Hut?

"Is your army's belly empty? March on over to the Hutt Hut for all-you-can-eat p'zaa slices! Hutt Hut hut!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hazo posted:

The Armorer, Paz, and the rest of the covert are well-meaning but insane cultists. Hypocrisy isn't surprising since they're basically Space Fundies.

Yeah this explains away almost any inconstency in their beliefs.

"Did not the Great Mandalore use whisling birds, weapons of Beskar?"
"What is a piece of beskar that protects you from nearby foes all around you besides a piece of armor?"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It is a bit of a contradiction, yes. Though perhaps the Whistling Birds themselves aren't made of Beskar (it would be a bit of a waste to use it for one-shot rocket darts) but the launcher system for them is what the beskar was used to make? But that wouldn't explain having such a limited, precious quantity...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It seems to me that the metallurgist/forger/armorer does have a vested interest in keeping weapons that can pierce beskar armor rare. Perhaps the whistling birds do not defeat pierce beskar armor.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not like she swiped it and said this has to be armour. She did after all agree to make some armour for a total non-Mandalore. It was up to Din to say yeah sure, melt it down.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I hope they don't heel turn the zealot Mandos. They are cool, and you know the second they're bad guys for real, they'll act like total dumbasses. Also the other Mandalorians are boring, and I think Sasha Banks is canceled.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fortunately we're getting Sabine in live-action.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

zoux posted:

I feel like they gotta give Bryce Dallas Howard a feature-length film at some point, she's got a great feel for the SW aesthetic.

I also liked seeing our hero have to fly coach, little quotidian details about what life is like for normies in a galaxy far far away are interesting.

e: also I may be nuts but those rodents in beggars canyon seemed to be just slightly smaller than the exhaust port on the first death star

I like that he didn't try to bullseye them like some other psychopath did.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I also just want to state how hilarious that armor is going to be. I know we only got the one close up shot, but those mail rings look like they’re as big as Grogu’s eye. Also, chainmail on something with no mass is funny because if something does hit him, he’s going flying anyway.

…I’ll shut up now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I love Naboo fighters

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I'm kind of hoping the chainmail rings were a fakeout and really he just had her make Grogu a little beskar ball to play with :3:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That DICK! posted:

I hope they don't heel turn the zealot Mandos. They are cool, and you know the second they're bad guys for real, they'll act like total dumbasses. Also the other Mandalorians are boring, and I think Sasha Banks is canceled.

From a quick google, she apparently liked a single tweet by someone who's anti-vax and anti mask.

Stupid, yes. No doubt. But I'm not quite ready to pull out the pitchforks, yet.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

From a quick google, she apparently liked a single tweet by someone who's anti-vax and anti mask.

Stupid, yes. No doubt. But I'm not quite ready to pull out the pitchforks, yet.

I'll admin to being a little personally anti-mask myself in terms of wearing them. One reason I made sure to get triple-vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to gently caress with wearing masks as much (and I plan to get a fourth shot this coming May). I wear them when it's required and I don't pitch public fits about it but I've never really gotten the hang of wearing them in a way that doesn't fog my glasses.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Get the kind that has the wire that pinches around your nose. A lot of disposable masks used at hospitals and the like have them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Everyone posted:

I'll admin to being a little personally anti-mask myself in terms of wearing them. One reason I made sure to get triple-vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to gently caress with wearing masks as much (and I plan to get a fourth shot this coming May). I wear them when it's required and I don't pitch public fits about it but I've never really gotten the hang of wearing them in a way that doesn't fog my glasses.

I'm triple vaxxed and I always double mask; kn95 + cloth or surgical mask. Not wearing a mask is dumb and irresponsible when going out imo I also live with and take care of immunocompromised family members so my opinion on the matter is much stronger.

I wear glasses and don't have fogging issues. The trick is to rest your glasses over the nose portion of the mask.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I love Naboo fighters

Yeah, they loving rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBPi2Dd3uPA

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

teagone posted:

The trick is to rest your glasses over the nose portion of the mask.

This is the way.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I love Naboo fighters
Owing to Naboo being the main planet featured in the movie, some of the post-TPM video games introduced a number of extrapolations of the Naboo starfighter fleet that haven't been seen again:

Police Cruiser

Air Cruiser

Bombers and variations

Fighters and variations (the one on the bottom was actually inspired by unused concept art for the N1)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I love Naboo fighters

Same. Easily my favorite starfighter and one of the more striking designs to come out of the prequels imo. Doug Chiang being such a creative/visual force was such a boon for Star Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZpp2HqRYHw

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Nabil ship looks cool whether you picture it forwards or backwards. It could work either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1486743756401524740?s=21