Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol Streeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sounds like a forensic thinker. Can't wait to see him expertly skewer Boris at PMQs because politics is just phoenix wright and if you point out the government are doing bad things they stop what they're doing and you get to be prime minister

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

New Found Power posted:

During the Corbyn years, it was Streeting, colleagues say, who made life most difficult for the Labour leader during PLP meetings, listening quietly, without notes, then reacting to what had been said, often posing questions over the handling of anti-Semitism complaints. Colleagues praise him as a gifted orator, comparing him to Tony Benn, Barbara Castle and Tony Blair. “How many people, really, can walk into the chamber and think on their feet?” one Labour MP says. “We all think we can, but we can’t. Wes can.”

for this read: turned up half cut and hissed + shouted what about JEWS jeremy you NAZI

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Nonsense posted:

lol Streeting

Is that dogging for the upper crust?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Rustybear posted:

for this read: turned up half cut and hissed + shouted what about JEWS jeremy you NAZI
just staring blankly into the distance until Corbyn stops talking, drawing doodles of the Hamburglar, his hated foe

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Nuclear War posted:

Is that dogging for the upper crust?

No, that would be cottaging.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

New Found Power posted:

During the Corbyn years, it was Streeting, colleagues say, who made life most difficult for the Labour leader during PLP meetings, listening quietly, without notes, then reacting to what had been said, often posing questions over the handling of anti-Semitism complaints. Colleagues praise him as a gifted orator, comparing him to Tony Benn, Barbara Castle and Tony Blair. “How many people, really, can walk into the chamber and think on their feet?” one Labour MP says. “We all think we can, but we can’t. Wes can.”

truly who can talk about something like a human without prepackaged statements and focus group reports, unbelievable skill set from this ubermench

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The PLP as the peanut gallery in a Dragon Ball Z fight going 'there's no way....' 'his oratory skill...' 'unreal...' when one of their guys manages to string a few sentences together off the cuff without a team of the worlds most useless SPADs directing them every step of the way

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

New Found Power posted:

Imagine actually saying this and thinking it's some kind of flex. gently caress me, it's got to the point where the morons outnumber anybody with an original thought in their head and are now just happily making GBS threads their pants while making sure nothing ever get's done. No wonder they all look up to Tony Blair, to them he must look like some kind of divine figure for his ability to hold more than a single sentence in his head at the same time.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
'may I suggest to the prime minister that he'd do well to spend some time reading the laws he has been summoned to this house to discuss??' clinical Wes says with a raised eyebrow and I nod and clap as the policeman's boot comes down on my head for not wearing a poppy

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1485896575993929729?s=20

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

We are days away from liberals fuming that Johnson didn't declare war with a nuclear power over a neutral country on the other side of europe that we have no obligation to defend

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ukraine is a quasi nato member I guess .

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Russia kindof have a point about Nato encroaching on its borders. I wish them all the best.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I appreciate the sentiment but always automatically assume anybody who ends a statement with "The End" or "Full Stop" etc is a bad person.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

No Dignity posted:

I know it probably won't escalate that far but it's very unnerving all the same to hear so many centrist types make extremely prelude-to-WW1 noises about fighting Putin over Ukraine. Has everyone just forgotten what nuclear bombs are and why there were no direct conflicts between the great powers since they were invented?

you can't nuke a place you want to live, and as funny as an irradiated wasteland surrounding russia would be it's clearly the stuff of fantasy
i mean gently caress putin and gently caress the people who are pushing for a war but there aren't going to be nukes regardless

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

blunt posted:

I appreciate the sentiment but always automatically assume anybody who ends a statement with "The End" or "Full Stop" etc is a bad person.

I automatically assume that anybody that loves the idea that the uk should go to war with russia is a bad person myself

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Relevant Tangent posted:

you can't nuke a place you want to live, and as funny as an irradiated wasteland surrounding russia would be it's clearly the stuff of fantasy
i mean gently caress putin and gently caress the people who are pushing for a war but there aren't going to be nukes regardless
they could just nuke the UK, they don't want to live here any more than we do

gonadic io posted:

I automatically assume that anybody that loves the idea that the uk should go to war with russia is a bad person myself
ah poo poo

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

gonadic io posted:

They're not mutually exclusive

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blunt posted:

That's it. That's the tweet.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Dravs posted:

Imagine actually saying this and thinking it's some kind of flex. gently caress me, it's got to the point where the morons outnumber anybody with an original thought in their head and are now just happily making GBS threads their pants while making sure nothing ever get's done. No wonder they all look up to Tony Blair, to them he must look like some kind of divine figure for his ability to hold more than a single sentence in his head at the same time.
First you have people with some ability, which eventually devolves into people with no ability but enough brains to realize it's something to hide, and then finally your party/clique gets dumb enough that no one realizes just how embarrassingly stupid they all are.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Relevant Tangent posted:

There shouldn't be nukes, but I'd still like to be assured that no one is letting Boris, or whoever replaces him when he gets ousted which should be happening any day now, anywhere near the button.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

The only name I can think of, the person with the will and strength to counter Putin, is Keir Starmer

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

HiHo ChiRho posted:

The only name I can think of, the person with the will and strength to counter Putin, is Keir Starmer
is that some kind of code name, like James Bond

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

they could just nuke the UK, they don't want to live here any more than we do

ah poo poo

USA is probably ok with nuking Europe too.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Lostconfused posted:

USA is probably ok with nuking Europe too.

where do you think the anti-nuke missiles, and their interception targets, live

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/LauraPidcock/status/1486390792692408321

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Congrats to the Labour Left for managing to find one spine between them

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

No Dignity posted:

Congrats to the Labour Left for managing to find one spine between them

Staying inside the party but throwing away the closest thing they have to a position of power lmao

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Take the next step

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/dandouglas/status/1486362440589787136?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1486441688151179264?s=20

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

lmao the absolute state of these pricks

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's no "can you gently caress off on to hell now where you belong"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

does he know he'll be convicted by a jury of Americans or did he misread it as "jury of his peerage"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Has anyone found the body yet?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
(grampa joe voice) iiiiiiii've got a goooooooolden nonce

Lord of Pie