Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Powershift posted:

https://www.manheimedmonton.com/automotive-recreational-sales/details/cars/2022-01-29/2007-bmw-3-series-139186/

the basketiest of basket cases but AWD Manual wagon and it should go for like $1000.

Super suspicious of the mileage though with vehicle history in Ontario and BC with no mileage reporting coming until being registered in NWT, and a super worn out engine start button.

That looks 300k kms+ or a heavy heavy delivery use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Plus has probably been sitting outside for a while. Look at the dirt buildup on the rear wiper.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm sure it's worth a lot of money in unique parts, and some enthusiast will snatch it just for that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Salvage title but i don't know why/how you would ever drive it on the street anyways.

https://www.copart.com/lot/68146041/salvage-1962-lotus-super-7-ca-rancho-cucamonga

e: tracked down it's original sales ad.

https://www.allcollectorcars.com/for-sale/1962-Lotus-S7-Stalker/2477206/

five hundred and fifty horsepower in 1650lbs.

It made it 51 miles between the dealer and the salvage auction.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 25, 2022

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/mercedes-w123-230e-1981-lkw-project/1997093732-216-2137

wie ist das für ein el camino?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

aww, that used to be a wagon. that's sad, the w123 wagons are getting kind of rare.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Looks reasonably well done. Might have been like that since new, I'm guessing flower car.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ist sehr gut!

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Motronic posted:

Looks reasonably well done. Might have been like that since new, I'm guessing flower car.

That would be my guess. Looks well done.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Oh. ok.

I don't think I have much else to say about that.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

if that's actually 300 miles...dang

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

Salvage title but i don't know why/how you would ever drive it on the street anyways.

https://www.copart.com/lot/68146041/salvage-1962-lotus-super-7-ca-rancho-cucamonga

Username/post content combo!

Also:

Craigslist Fools Gold - 51 miles from dealer to salvage yard

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Are those the original wheel covers?

Because they are kinda ugly

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

drat!! THats pretty fuckin sweet, and if its really only 300 miles, the price probably isn't that bad?

Yeah, yeah, probably the tires, hoses, belts etc need replacing.

Would that have a 462 or a 460 under the hood? Assuming the owner went with the big-big block option?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

maybe 300 miles on a 5 digit odometer. That's a good price for a 100,000 mile car at this point. an actual 300 mile car would be snapped up by dealers and sold for $100k.

those things never had a small block option. It was a 430 up to 66, bored out to 362 for 67-68, and the 69 had the new 460.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Powershift posted:

maybe 300 miles on a 5 digit odometer. That's a good price for a 100,000 mile car at this point. an actual 300 mile car would be snapped up by dealers and sold for $100k.

those things never had a small block option. It was a 430 up to 66, bored out to 362 for 67-68, and the 69 had the new 460.
Got ya. So which ones had the 462? That was the old MEL engine wasn't it? Before the 460/429 etc came out right?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Got ya. So which ones had the 462? That was the old MEL engine wasn't it? Before the 460/429 etc came out right?

the 430 and 462 were both MEL. the 460 was the 385 series big block. The 400 in later big Lincolns was a bored out 351 Cleveland.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Oh poo poo, I just got it. Typo in your other post. 430 bored to 462. Not 362, though that would be interesting. Bore it out and destroke the poo poo out of it.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

I found out last night my tattoo artist has a 78 Toyota Chinook for sale at $3k. Sounds a bit like a basket case and I know I’m telling the wrong crowd to talk me out of it, but it’s so weird and cool…
hoping for some pics here soon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Oh poo poo, I just got it. Typo in your other post. 430 bored to 462. Not 362, though that would be interesting. Bore it out and destroke the poo poo out of it.

yeah, i'm bad at finging

Dr Rocksalt posted:

I found out last night my tattoo artist has a 78 Toyota Chinook for sale at $3k. Sounds a bit like a basket case and I know I’m telling the wrong crowd to talk me out of it, but it’s so weird and cool…

I would think as long as the cab and shell are okay it's worth that. I don't know what tolerance you have for a project, but https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-toyota-chinook-4x4/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dr Rocksalt posted:

It's a Hilux so it is without sin.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

A Hilux is a precious work of art. If you are lucky enough to have one you don't own it, you appreciate it's majesty while being a steward of it for the next lucky person

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/unique-1962-cadillac-rat-rod/1596874429

e: i recognized the house, same guy.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 28, 2022

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Powershift posted:

the 430 and 462 were both MEL. the 460 was the 385 series big block. The 400 in later big Lincolns was a bored out 351 Cleveland.

Sorry to nitpick, but the 400 was stroked (with a taller deck height on the block), not bored. That's why the 351M is such a turd. To save money and use the same conrods as the 400, it has unique extra tall pistons. Basically, the only way to fix 351M is to shove the 400 crank in it so you can use 351C pistons.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Powershift posted:

Before it was wrecked it had a long happy life on track and was asking $29k - https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1551877/1962-lotus-seven-for-sale-in-palmetto-florida-34221
As for why drive it on the track, they're great fun and likely the best handling car you'll touch for under $30k and a lot more.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Not a fan of how he finished it, but I'll give him marks for originality.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

Not a fan of how he finished it, but I'll give him marks for originality.

I want to like it, but why wouldn't you make it a pickup, if you're going to use rear glass like that? I'd have been sneaky and extended the deck lid all the way to the window at least, like a tonneau cover.
Also, needs like a foot of lowering.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/buick-regal-landeau-4x4-for-quick-sale/1604204413?cid=fdaf8d50-63af-401b-a5ce-750f2d9df454

quote:

1977. Classic Buick Regal 4X4. Part of a classic collection previously owned by Ron. He owned a Hot Rod shop in Stavely Alberta
This is a well built Hot Rod by Ron. This was part of his collection
Motor is Buick 350 automatic
Power steering
Power brakes with locking hubs
K-5 Blazer frame and rear
New paint
New windshield
New ball joints tie rods. Etc
Previous deal fell through
Will consider partial trade
Please only serious buyers please
Need it gone, lowered price
Asking $12,700.00. OBO
Contact Al. 403-617-4028

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/1984-audi-coupe-gt/1601487944?cid=fdaf8d50-63af-401b-a5ce-750f2d9df454

quote:

First of all no, this isn't a quattro or a turbo.
There were only 88 Quattros imported in 1984, and this ain't one of them. The cheapest I've ever seen a quattro coupe around here was 20 thousand dollars.
This is a 5spd manual, front-wheel-drive car with a longtitudinally mounted N/A 2.3L 5-cylinder engine making around 130hp (when new).
I rescued it out of a field and have spent the last few years getting it running, cleaning, fixing, and improving it.
So far it has new plugs, wires, coil, rotor, and cap,
rebuilt engine harness,
new rad fan and quattro radiator, mostly new coolant hoses,
VW Corrado seats, Corrado front and rear brake upgrade (swapped to discs in rear), and Corrado "Sebring" wheels.
New tie rod ends, front lower ball joints, rear wheel bearings, all pads and rotors front and rear, and both rear calipers (they are early mk4 alloy calipers) were recently rebuilt with new seals.
Rebuilt the shifter assembly with all new sliders.
Swapped the entire dash assembly out of a 1987 4000 Quattro sedan.
Body-kit is from a 1987+ Audi Coupe, including bumpers and rear spoiler.
Replaced transmission, with all new throw-out bearing, input and axle seals, etc.
New rear brake hard-lines and proportioning valve (it needs a different valve though)
I rebuilt the inner tie rods with custom made delrin bushings for extra firmness, so you literally never have to replace them again.
Lower control arms have poly bushings from an unknown source.
Front subframe is mounted with 034 Motorsport Alloy bushings.
Apikol front snub mount
034 Motorsport rear trans mount
034 Motorsport race-hardness strut top mounts
Apex Engineering lowering springs
KYB GR-2 front struts
KYB Gas-A-Just rear struts (I think they're blown)
Braided stainless front and rear brake lines.
Removed battery tray from engine bay and relocated to custom mount in back seat.
Custom-install LED side marker bulbs in the factory reflectors.
3d printed front signal light guards and period-correct Rally TM headlight guards.
Runs, drives, stops, steers. Needs plenty of love still, desperately needs an alignment, tires, and some engine tuning. But can be driven with very little worry, and doesn't catch fire or anything. Starts in even the most horrific of cold days. Heater works, wipers work, all lights work. Technically would pass a safety inspection.
Pretty much no rust at all anywhere on the body. One small spot under the taillight could use attention but has been cleaned and sealed for now. Paint is trashed, needs a whole repaint and some dent fixes. Windshield has a big crack but is still "safe".
Very rare, very special car. The sound alone is addictive. Take it for a drive, roll down the window, and hear the 5cyl sing at 3700rpm. It's magical.
Would like to sell to someone who genuinely loves the b2 chassis, open to reasonable offers.
Also comes with enough parts to almost build another coupe/4000. Complete front end, steering assembly, etc.

Basically a brand new :commissar:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/kingston-on/1986-vaz-lada-21061/1600020285?cid=fdaf8d50-63af-401b-a5ce-750f2d9df454

quote:

This car has 16,000 original kilometres and all original factory parts. The spare tire in the trunk never used. One owner since 1986. Stored inside over the years.
It is currently getting prepared to be put on the boat from Eastern Europe. Expected in Canada in early May.
Let me know if you have any questions about the car and make me an offer. Highest offer that still stands once the car is available for sale gets it.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...ce-750f2d9df454
Nothing would make me better than buying a 40 year old Lancia from a shifty as gently caress used car lot

quote:

This beautiful 5-speed manual convertible in red is a hard find. Consider this your opportunity to own this Italian gem as it is very rare to come by. Very low kms for its age.

As per OMVIC Regulation: “This vehicle is being sold “as is," unfit, not e-tested and is not represented as being in road worthy condition, mechanically sound or maintained at any guaranteed level of quality. The vehicle may not be fit for use as a means of transportation and may require substantial repairs at the purchaser’s expense. It may not be possible to register the vehicle to be driven in its current condition."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/subaru-svx-parts-car/1604730733

Can't wait until 5 years from now when i regret not buying the $900 SVX

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
There are thousands dollars worth of parts in that svx if someone looking to turn a profit

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
I came > < that close to picking up the very same SVX which Car & Driver featured in their June 1993 "Coupe Comparo"

I passed on the deal because the SVX had a cracked windshield, which IIRC was going to cost north of $3K to replace

this was in 1998

(and yes you will regret not buying a $900 SVX)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I think the issue with the SVX windshield is that it came in a couple of different colors depending on the color of the car and they were only available directly from Subaru.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i could also easily see buying a $500 svx to cause a great deal of regret, so basically you're hosed either way buddy

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm pretty sure every piece of glass is worth thousands of dollars, not counting body parts and whatnot. I just don't have space for it. Dang

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I'm pretty sure every piece of glass is worth thousands of dollars

To somebody, that you have not identified, and probably doesn't have the money to buy it from you.

Hope you got lots of storage space!

(this is why if you want to be a parts hound you need to pick a larger and more well monied community)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

i could also easily see buying a $500 svx to cause a great deal of regret, so basically you're hosed either way buddy

But at most $500 of regret. If you don't buy, it could be infinite amount of regret

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

But at most $500 of regret. If you don't buy, it could be infinite amount of regret
ah yes, the cheap used german car logic. i know this well. personally, you could say

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I’ve been idly browsing manual transmission cars on local classifieds. A lot of them from more enthusiast side seem to come with “muffler delete”. Is that a recent trend of some kind that’s one weird trick?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

iv46vi posted:

I’ve been idly browsing manual transmission cars on local classifieds. A lot of them from more enthusiast side seem to come with “muffler delete”. Is that a recent trend of some kind that’s one weird trick?

If it's like the cars the young guys are driving around here it just means that you get a bunch of very flatulent sounding 4 cylinder cars.

They are loud though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

iv46vi posted:

What kind of cars are you looking at? Around here this would be the "beast to poo poo" level. It's probably a tell that you dont' want to by that car.