Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Goddamn. Just give Mando his own movie. Have it directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. It would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey I’m new to the thread but has anyone said:

1) Naboozercrest
2) Bobalorian

Best Fett episode so far and the only Fett featured was in the recap.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

AndyElusive posted:

Goddamn. Just give Mando his own movie. Have it directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. It would be amazing.

This is the way

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

I loved the episode and was like 'who directed this one... oh. of course.'

BDH please direct all my Star Wars.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

why didn't they just make this a season of the mandalorian called the mandalorian: the book of boba fett. what do you think, disney, you're too good for spartacus: blood in the sand >:I

great ep, little too much techno-babble in the repair montage. shouldn't have made the jawa loving joke three times, but great ep

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why was this considered a Boba Fett episode? Like, honestly. It's not like anyone would have minded if Disney went "Boba isn't on this week but here's a special episode of Mando to bridge the gap!"

I loved the detail about the ship not feeling great at low speeds, that it was meant to be flown fast. Made me think of real life vehicles like that.

Alan Smithee posted:

Everyone shut up. Important lore got dropped

Amy Sedaris hosed a Jawa

Her doing the Jawa language was hilarious.

Also, people suggesting Mando should have ripped that guy's helmet off, that's villain poo poo. Removing a helmet is of hugely important religious significance to them. He's not going to do it to someone else just to try and make a point to the Armourer.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lobok posted:

Why was this considered a Boba Fett episode? Like, honestly. It's not like anyone would have minded if Disney went "Boba isn't on this week but here's a special episode of Mando to bridge the gap!"

I loved the detail about the ship not feeling great at low speeds, that it was meant to be flown fast. Made me think of real life vehicles like that.

Her doing the Jawa language was hilarious.

Also, people suggesting Mando should have ripped that guy's helmet off, that's villain poo poo. Removing a helmet is of hugely important religious significance to them. He's not going to do it to someone else just to try and make a point to the Armourer.

It would have been more powerful if Din had taken his helmet off in front of the two of them as a means of finally breaking free of their kooky cult, but lol Pedro's busy right now so no face for you jabroni.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ApeHawk posted:

I really enjoyed Mandalorean Season 3 Episode 1

Yea I was a big fan of that. I expected Mando to be in the last few minutes, the episode with Boba and Shan recruiting a bunch of local muscle and then at the end he walks in, but nope!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I still can’t believe that Amy Sedaris saying she hosed a Jawa and confirmed for the first time ever in canon that they’re furry underneath all those robes was only like the fifth or sixth greatest thing about this episode.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Lobok posted:

Yeah, at this point in his life, he's probably realized that if anything, he needs less enemies, not more.
Same at the beginning when he tried to keep the casualties among the Klatooinians to a minimum, first offering the bodyguards a chance to walk away, then telling the workers about the money.

Edit:
It's pretty well known that three of Jabba's skiff guards in ROTJ were named Klaatu, Barada and Nikto as a reference to Army of Darkness The Day the Earth Stood Still.
The Star Wars EU being what it is, of course the one actually called Klaatu is not a Klatooinian, but a Nikto. :pseudo:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I was a big fan of that. I expected Mando to be in the last few minutes, the episode with Boba and Shan recruiting a bunch of local muscle and then at the end he walks in, but nope!

This is probably what's going to happen in the final episode. He's going to rocket in at the last moment like the Mando covert at Nevarro, turning the tide of the battle, then going "sorry I'm late, I had to [events of Mandalorian season 3]."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

It would have been more powerful if Din had taken his helmet off in front of the two of them as a means of finally breaking free of their kooky cult, but lol Pedro's busy right now so no face for you jabroni.

Keeping on the helmet is cool, even if you dont necessarily have to do it. Din knows this and nails just the right amount of taking your cool helmet off. i drew up a graph

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That DICK! posted:

Keeping on the helmet is cool, even if you dont necessarily have to do it. Din knows this and nails just the right amount of taking your cool helmet off. i drew up a graph

Din and Boba should just lock Bo-Katan and the Armourer in a room and let them fight it out and whoever comes out alive is the one they all agree was "right" all along. Actually it's Sabine. Sabine was right all along, gently caress all these loonies

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

nine-gear crow posted:

This would suck. I hope Mando gets his religious redemption and falls even deeper into fundamentalism. Not enough shows actually have ideological stakes in their conflict. A three-way vye for the title of Mandalore like was mentioned earlier would be neat, but it would be way cooler if each challenger's victory had potentially vastly different outcomes for Mandalorian culture.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 27, 2022

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still can’t believe that Amy Sedaris saying she hosed a Jawa and confirmed for the first time ever in canon that they’re furry underneath all those robes was only like the fifth or sixth greatest thing about this episode.

You could see their furry arms stickin out of the robes in this episode, is that new?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Din hitting the nitros and leaving some dipshit X-Wing beat cops in the dust ruled.

It's kinda telling just how much more compelling one episode of Mando Season 3 shoved into Boba Fett is than... actual Boba Fett.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

This would suck. I hope Mando gets his religious redemption and falls even deeper into fundamentalism. Not enough shows actually have ideological stakes in their conflict. A three-way vye for the title of Mandalore like was mentioned earlier would be neat, but it would be way cooler if each challenger's victory had potentially vastly different outcomes for Mandalorian culture.

Can't wait for Din's vision quest to show him the true nature of a Mandalorian and it's neither Bo-Katan or the Armorer's viewpoint, and that leads into Sabine's role in the Ahsoka series with another Mandalorian-only episode in the middle of Ahsoka's quest to find Thrawn and Ezra

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sydin posted:

Din hitting the nitros and leaving some dipshit X-Wing beat cops in the dust ruled.

It's kinda telling just how much more compelling one episode of Mando Season 3 shoved into Boba Fett is than... actual Boba Fett.

I’m just quietly sad that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee getting cast as Iroh in Netflix Avatar means we’ve probably seen the last of Mr. Kim, X-Wing Cop as of this episode :(

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Show kinda skirting around 'hey remember when I told you the Jedi were the enemies of our people? Actually the cultural artifact that defines our leadership was made by a Mandalorian Jedi who ruled Mandalore for a bit and they were great' issue.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Vinylshadow posted:

Give Din a BD unit

Give Grogu a BD unit.

site posted:

it turns out putting leia and mon mothma in charge was a really bad idea

The old EU said the real problem was the bothans and the empire should have finished the job.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Spookydonut posted:

Give Grogu a BD unit.

Grogu riding a BD unit like it's his own personal AT-ST?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just Chamber posted:

Grogu riding a BD unit like it's his own personal AT-ST?

Clad in Beskar chainmail, with a tiny little lighttoothpick in his hands!!!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

AndyElusive posted:

That would be the first Star Wars movie I'd see since the prequels.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hazo posted:

Hopefully this will appease those dorks who keep wanting gore and overt violence in their kid's space fantasy, but I doubt it.

Lol yeah it's not like Obi-Wan didn't delimb somebody and Uncle Owen and Aunt Veru weren't shown as smoldering charred skeletons in the original Star Wars. What a weird thing to say.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Holy. poo poo.

That it all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Episode owned, I still don’t think Armorer lady is bad, she probably can guess that Din took his helmet off for a good reason. But it gives her a good excuse to send Din to the Mines of Moria Mandalore for next season’s plot. I don’t even think Heavy Weapons Mando guy is bad either, he just genuinely thought he was worthy of the Darksaber. Season 3 is gonna own so much.

I’m looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up. I have faith the final few episodes with Boba will own, Filoni hasn’t let us down overall yet. I still really like this spinoff, warts and all.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for Din's vision quest to show him the true nature of a Mandalorian and it's neither Bo-Katan or the Armorer's viewpoint, and that leads into Sabine's role in the Ahsoka series with another Mandalorian-only episode in the middle of Ahsoka's quest to find Thrawn and Ezra

I would be perfectly happy if Mando manages to Kramer his way into at least one episode of every Star Wars series where he isn't the protagonist. Obi-Wan excluded for obvious reasons.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Bloody Pom posted:

I would be perfectly happy if Mando manages to Kramer his way into at least one episode of every Star Wars series where he isn't the protagonist. Obi-Wan excluded for obvious reasons.
Not sure why. It seemed like just scenes away from Obi Wan appearing in S1.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mando needs to start showing up on cable and/or network TV shows, too.

Mando cameo on *blindly throws dart at list* The Price Is Right.

Or Law & Order.

Or Curse of Oak Island.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

To Catch A Predator but instead of Chris Hansen waiting in the kitchen it's Din Djarin.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Minnesota Manatee posted:

To Catch A Predator but instead of Chris Hansen waiting in the kitchen it's Din Djarin.

“I can bring you in warm. Or I can bring you in cold.”

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Episode owned, I still don’t think Armorer lady is bad, she probably can guess that Din took his helmet off for a good reason. But it gives her a good excuse to send Din to the Mines of Moria Mandalore for next season’s plot. I don’t even think Heavy Weapons Mando guy is bad either, he just genuinely thought he was worthy of the Darksaber. Season 3 is gonna own so much.

I’m looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up. I have faith the final few episodes with Boba will own, Filoni hasn’t let us down overall yet. I still really like this spinoff, warts and all.

This is how I feel as well. It’s not like she’s even surprised or upset, albeit we can’t see her face but it seems she’s just understanding and is maybe just building him up to lead because you know, the loving dark saber.

Gonz posted:

Mando needs to start showing up on cable and/or network TV shows, too.

Mando cameo on *blindly throws dart at list* The Price Is Right.

Or Law & Order.

Or Curse of Oak Island.

I’m watching law and order now as my in-between weekly episode drops and I support this heavily.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I loved how the 'cryogenic density combustion booster' the Jawas give them is basically that big metal pole Han tries to brace the walls with when they're stuck in the garbage compactor in the first film (although the Mando one is considerably shorter).

Drunk in Space fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 27, 2022

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Drunk in Space posted:

(although the Mando one is considerably shorter).

Makes sense. The jawas cut it off the underside of an occupied vehicle. Def covered their bases on the little nerd details on this ep.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like that Fennec's thing about hiring mercenaries "if you know where to look" so far means having Din just fall in their laps.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fennec knew to go ask Mando’s Furry Jawa Fucker Friend, she just happened to have good timing in order to set up her comedic entry. Loved that scene.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, somebody figure out a new thread title that has Jawa Fucker in it.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
New Republic X-Wings doing routine traffic stops above Tatooine? Give me a break. Those guys are on the take from the Pykes, just need a few tickets to justify being in that neighborhood to their CO.

"That's right chief, we kept the space lanes safe for all those star tourists going to Tatooine."

That poor Rodian kid must have terrible parents. If you have to take a public transport to Tatooine its because you need a ride off of the Halo and that was the cheapest ticket. Welcome to rock bottom kid.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's Star Wars, they were visiting his father's grave, a bounty hunter who was gunned down mercilessly while trying to bring whatever justice can be found in the Outer Rim to a two-bit spice smuggler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's Star Wars, they were visiting his father's grave, a bounty hunter who was gunned down mercilessly while trying to bring whatever justice can be found in the Outer Rim to a two-bit spice smuggler.

I both love and hate this. :allears: