Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

At 90 for stuff where you want a countdown timer. Without a countdown timer just do the same thing without the waiting. You won't get a standard step during your burst phase but you won't be in content where it matters.

Ok, that Peloton is kinda clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Man, P4S door boss' gimmick of "pay attention to which attack DOESN'T hit you" is some bullshit. Since my brain is wired to think the exact opposite way to decide how to resolve a mechanic.

we call out what the people who get hit do

like, if dps are targeted first, we call out "dps out"

if tanks/heals are tagreted second, we call out "tanks heals stack"

it just removes a layer of reversal from the mechanic

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Gotta say, I'm not used to this whole "no lag" thing since I migrated to the new Oceania Datacenter from an EU one. It's real nice :allears:.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Algid posted:

super positionals do not exist,

Quantum superpositionals.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
cleared P4S door tonight. I can already tell it's going to be less of a pain in the rear end to reclear than E12

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In my years of playing this game I have never used True North

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Use true north imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Whippersnappers complaining about my desire to have hw randomized positionals back...back in my day we didn't even have true north

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Clarste posted:

Quantum superpositionals.

just complete degeneracy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

cleared P4S door tonight. I can already tell it's going to be less of a pain in the rear end to reclear than E12

yea, probably jumping the gun on this a bit since i've really only been in for one lockout, but it doesn't seem like this guy has anything as hard pass/fail as like, shiva, titan, lions

pinax hurts but that seems to be about the worst of it. everything else takes four thousand years to resolve.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Today's Heavensward Update is a long one, but I was really glad I did the content it covers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

yea, probably jumping the gun on this a bit since i've really only been in for one lockout, but it doesn't seem like this guy has anything as hard pass/fail as like, shiva, titan, lions

pinax hurts but that seems to be about the worst of it. everything else takes four thousand years to resolve.

he's just normal but way faster and the healing and dps checks are both really tight

like, I don't want to understate how much harder those changes make it compared to normal, but also, there's nothing like the number mechanic in O12 or lions in E12 that you just wipe to week after week

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Slight spoilers, P3S mechanics, but please enjoy my "Devouring Brands" joke that I put about an hour more into than I should have.

https://twitter.com/KazyEXE/status/1486605488452161536

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kazy posted:

Slight spoilers, P3S mechanics, but please enjoy my "Devouring Brands" joke that I put about an hour more into than I should have.

Nice. That got a chuckle out of me.

From the reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/sdmn9m/oce_servers_have_opened_my_eyes/

And the proud tradition of breaking housing bots continues.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ibblebibble posted:

At 90 for stuff where you want a countdown timer. Without a countdown timer just do the same thing without the waiting. You won't get a standard step during your burst phase but you won't be in content where it matters.

I’ve been popping devilment right before technical step instead of after so it gets the big boost. The difference is I don’t have it up for the last standard step you get in yours, but I always have it up for technical step. Does pushing it back make it line up better with other raid buffs?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’ve been popping devilment right before technical step instead of after so it gets the big boost. The difference is I don’t have it up for the last standard step you get in yours, but I always have it up for technical step. Does pushing it back make it line up better with other raid buffs?

From what I understand, yes, the boost it gives to Technical Step is not worth losing out on all the GCDs it can boost. Technical Step eats up a good what, 6 seconds of Devilment time minimum?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah technical step just takes too long and since devilment is a critical and direct hit chance increase rather than a damage boost, losing those extra gcds for what may not actually end up being a big boosted hit is not worth it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally, the drat P2S kill. After multiple enrages cause a healer kept dying at the last eruptions which lead to bad things on the stacks. Probably won't get P3S this week though, gonna be a busy weekend. At least I got a acc enhancer, woohoo!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ibblebibble posted:

From what I understand, yes, the boost it gives to Technical Step is not worth losing out on all the GCDs it can boost. Technical Step eats up a good what, 6 seconds of Devilment time minimum?

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah technical step just takes too long and since devilment is a critical and direct hit chance increase rather than a damage boost, losing those extra gcds for what may not actually end up being a big boosted hit is not worth it.

I don't lose any GCDs, though. I literally only miss out on the standard step.

e: I see the image has the buff go a bit further than the end there. I'll just have to test it a bit to see. I've been tanking and not dancing for a bit even though DNC was my second class to 90.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 27, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

e: I see the image has the buff go a bit further than the end there. I'll just have to test it a bit to see. I've been tanking and not dancing for a bit even though DNC was my second class to 90.

You lose GCDs on steps that you could have been using for Sword Dance/weaponskills instead.

Combination of 605 weapon and buffs were nice to me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ibblebibble posted:

You lose GCDs on steps that you could have been using for Sword Dance/weaponskills instead.

Yeah that's the timing I gotta look at. As it is I normally use all of my GCDs from Flourish and Saber Dance right before devilment drops, and it always drops right before standard step comes up. I also hit flourish and fan dance 3 right after technical step because I already have devilment up. I'm certainly wrong as I'm not doing the standard opening. I just have to play and compare to see.

Ibblebibble posted:

Combination of 605 weapon and buffs were nice to me.

My fflogs page doesn't list anything (i guess since i haven't uploaded any personal logs), but on the ones that have been uploaded from my static I've been able to still get into the upper 80s for P1S and P2S even though I still have the 580 crafted weapon, so I think I'm doing alright at i585 overall on war.

The tomahawk buff did nothing for me, though, because I don't use it to open.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is DNC's AoE magic number still 2? It's been a while since I played.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

he's just normal but way faster and the healing and dps checks are both really tight

like, I don't want to understate how much harder those changes make it compared to normal, but also, there's nothing like the number mechanic in O12 or lions in E12 that you just wipe to week after week

I mean, Limit Cut is almost literally a mechanic in P2S and that isn't most people's trouble spot with that fight. :shrug:

My group spent several hours beating our heads off the P4S door boss. We've mostly got the blood rakes down after figuring out why things were getting passed off unexpectedly. Right now it's mostly complete chaos during Pinax squares as people try and fail to position themselves in safe spots for the knock backs, since sometimes you can ignore them both with Arm's Length and sometimes you can't. And sometimes you don't want to!

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Mr. Nice! posted:

The point about GCDs is about your partner’s opener, not yours. You want to have Devilment line up for most-all of the big damage in their opener.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Aphrodite posted:

Is DNC's AoE magic number still 2? It's been a while since I played.

Yup. All of the Phys. Ranged AoE gets better at 2+ instead of 3+ like everyone else.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So uh

(ex trial spoilers)

I might be the most geared PLD who bothered to go back and parse EXs. I won the chest.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Onean posted:

Yup. All of the Phys. Ranged AoE gets better at 2+ instead of 3+ like everyone else.

All healers except WHM are 2+ as well now.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

I mean, Limit Cut is almost literally a mechanic in P2S and that isn't most people's trouble spot with that fight. :shrug:

My group spent several hours beating our heads off the P4S door boss. We've mostly got the blood rakes down after figuring out why things were getting passed off unexpectedly. Right now it's mostly complete chaos during Pinax squares as people try and fail to position themselves in safe spots for the knock backs, since sometimes you can ignore them both with Arm's Length and sometimes you can't. And sometimes you don't want to!

Always save arms length for cape/push second, push first is really easy to work with.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

cheetah7071 posted:

With the tier on farm for my group the general consensus is that P3S is the annoying fight this tier. With P4S-1 cleared you're honestly past the two more tricky-to-execute mechanics in Tethers/Pox and Pinax. Very nearly everything to come in P4S-2 is a step dance - lots of movement but with little to no variation and always the same motions every time. The real challenge of P4S-2 is in execution because the DPS check can be very tight early on - but gear acquisition will make this easier week by week.

P3S has a lot more mechanics with a lot of moving parts (add divebombs, fountain, firestorms, gloryplumes) which even when you know them well have a higher chance of one person messing up a little and murdering everyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My static got to the add phase in P3S last night, we managed to get past the first part pretty consistently eventually but the second part hits like a truck.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Big birds do hurt but I've found that Rampart + short cd spam is enough with an attentive healer. Hardest part is remembering to move if you have 2 tethers.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my static has gotten used to always using anti knockback on water, whether it's first or second. second thunder into cape is a small movement to make, and you have ages after to move around for stack/spread. I did get roped into a group that saves for cape late last week, but we cleared the door boss in like three pulls and I never saw water + cape in that time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I always save it for second in case it's cape/water + cape. I'm the MT at that point so cape pushing me fucks up everyone else's positioning. You can probably be more on the fly if you're not the MT though.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

So uh

(ex trial spoilers)

I might be the most geared PLD who bothered to go back and parse EXs. I won the chest.

i dont think all the data in fflogs is accounting for the patch buffs yet

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I put up a small cafe wall on my house and the inside door is ridiculous.

Yard decorating somehow manages to have the opposite problem of indoor decorating, there's way too little choice so getting a consistent look is a lot harder.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

Look dont take this away from me

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i got a purple parse on dragoon on tuesday. im just as torn up about this as you are

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Venuz Patrol posted:

that wouldn't affect parse %. FFLogs doesn't need to know how much damage abilities do to calculate your DPS and compare it to everyone else.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

God, I hate the HW crafter quests almost as much as ARR's.

"In order to complete this quest, you must have learned the advanced recipes contained within Master Armorer III." gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

God, I hate the HW crafter quests almost as much as ARR's.

"In order to complete this quest, you must have learned the advanced recipes contained within Master Armorer III." gently caress off

buy the item on the marketboard