Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Iron Crowned posted:

I've definitely been met with "we believe in technology making things better" when I confront my parents about the fact that capitalism has no will to make things better.

In solidarity with this statement, I propose the following term to be the opposite of crack ping when one has so much cognitive dissonance regarding capitals will to "make life cool and good always" due to the US public school system and other propaganda:

"Cum, plop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

How the gently caress do you declare bankruptcy to mother earth

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

"The truth is always somewhere in the middle" I sagely whisper as the rising tide takes me to Valhalla

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Mayor Dave posted:

How the gently caress do you declare bankruptcy to mother earth

lol we already did

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Where have all the graveyards gone, long time passing?
Where have all the graveyards gone, long time ago?
Where have all the graveyards gone?
Gone to flowers, every one
Oh when will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

you heard it here first it's impossible to model anything unless you create a perfect simulation all the way down to the spinning of gravitons. Failing that you need to completely bake up your own theories about food allergies and what would be a world record for insomnia

What was his claim? I ain't watching Jorp.

The confirmed world record is several years of no sleep. (Not in a healthy person, though, that's 11 days.)

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
they say you can’t get a guy to understand something his paycheck depends upon him not understanding,

but

what if that’s, like, our entire civilization?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Do you want to run up the deficit and leave the giant bill to your grandkids? No? Well why do you want to leave them AN ENTIRE PLANET???

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

endlessmonotony posted:

What was his claim? I ain't watching Jorp.

The confirmed world record is several years of no sleep. (Not in a healthy person, though, that's 11 days.)

He said that "climate" means the same as "everything", and climate change models are useless because they can't account for everything.

I don't take life advice from a guy who got brain damage because his benzo addiction led to a medically-induced coma.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
(in a raging inferno with JORP): we have to run! The flames are out of control

(JORP, Glowing with Galaxy brain lights): What is the model for control versus uncontrolled? Is the flame too hot? How is that being measured? You're saying I should run but have you even cleaned your room? I see no reason to panic.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Chamale posted:

He said that "climate" means the same as "everything", and climate change models are useless because they can't account for everything.

I don't take life advice from a guy who got brain damage because his benzo addiction led to a medically-induced coma.

I was more asking about his insomnia claims, since for him to beat the world record he'd be impressively nuts by now.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

https://twitter.com/Donosthenes/status/1486176213584388099

to quote masoakis: the knowledge of belief, and the belief of knowledge. what is...reality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQVryqIPAU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

speaking of that video, god is an astronaut is good biosphere doom music

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i forget who posted this but yeah it owns too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpfpYTmohAk

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Alobar posted:

https://twitter.com/Donosthenes/status/1486176213584388099

to quote masoakis: the knowledge of belief, and the belief of knowledge. what is...reality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQVryqIPAU
This guy is still making videos and they are still great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpydiSF7Kg8

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
omfg he lives in the same apartment after all this time?

i've lived at least 10 places in the last decade lol

e: "meanings don't really mean anything" -masaokis

Alobar has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Jan 26, 2022

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

omg masaokis is still going? this is fantastic news

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Alobar posted:

omfg he lives in the same apartment after all this time?

i've lived at least 10 places in the last decade lol

e: "meanings don't really mean anything" -masaokis

The way I heard it that was his "getting hosed up" house.

Like he lives a normal life possibly as a lawyer but takes crazy amounts of drugs and makes those videos in that horror show of a place.

So much myth there, I'm sure I got all of that wrong but whatever.

Also glad he's still going.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Yeah, Masao has multiple properties and I believe works in law in some capacity. Here's a recent vid of him going through some old photos that's also greathttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzWyMbH92NI (36:00 is my favorite part)

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

endlessmonotony posted:

I was more asking about his insomnia claims, since for him to beat the world record he'd be impressively nuts by now.

he said he went 21 days with no sleep because he drank apple cider and "we think the sulfates did it"

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

ahahahahdshadlfijgfidg

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
If climate change is so bad, why does nobody stop me from destroying the planet?

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Trabisnikof posted:

Where have all the graveyards gone, long time passing?
Where have all the graveyards gone, long time ago?
Where have all the graveyards gone?
Gone to flowers, every one
Oh when will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

bag em and tag em posted:

(in a raging inferno with JORP): we have to run! The flames are out of control

(JORP, Glowing with Galaxy brain lights): What is the model for control versus uncontrolled? Is the flame too hot? How is that being measured? You're saying I should run but have you even cleaned your room? I see no reason to panic.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

excellent work, thread. thank you

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
pounding on the table, chanting "BLUE. OCEAN. EVENT!" over and over

https://twitter.com/ZLabe/status/1486533194895663104

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Just thinking about how climate change is already resulting in a lot of displaced people

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattsebastian/status/1486023064299061249

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Enfys posted:

Just thinking about how climate change is already resulting in a lot of displaced people

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattsebastian/status/1486023064299061249

sweet climate change is actually instant gentrification lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnewsvideo/comments/sccyt6/man_who_lives_off_the_grid_gets_evicted_from_his/

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1486570259524079617?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vote.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Too early to start saying this mf is worse than Trump? Because holy loving poo poo man.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

The new forest plan spells out how to best manage the forest in a sustainable way.

“We’re thinking about how to develop trails with our partners, with our communities, to make sure that they’re sustained over time and that we can cut down on the kind of user-created trails,” Melonas said.

The goal is to keep natural resources like water clean, to ensure a place of recreation and respite and to contribute to local economies. The plan was developed with public input.

“We’ve heard from people who love spending time in the woods with their family and want to maintain those memories for future generations. And then we’ve heard from people whose lives depend on the forest," planning team lead Michelle Aldridge said.

“In terms of forest restoration, we really emphasize the need for more young forests, which is critical to a lot of wildlife species,” Melonas said.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I've been reading Calvin and Hobbes to my 5 year old and it's struck me, that, despite being a little too concerned with NUCLEAR waste, no doubt a product of his time, Calvin is pretty much OG Blackpilled on climate poo poo.

We're only 2/3 of the way through volume 1 of 3 and these are just some of the gems I've found. This first one basically feels like "the way most of us biodoom posters feel about our loving parents' generation".

(1987)

(also 1987)

:rubby:

This is happening in Canada right now. We have five million tonnes of unsecured nuclear waste, and more to come, and the nuclear industry is trying to find a nice little town in the Canadian Shield where they can dig a hole and bury it. And we need to figure out how to keep thousands of years of future generations from messing with it.

Not surprisingly, the towns aren't super keen on this.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Karach posted:

thousands of years of future generations

lmao

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Karach posted:

This is happening in Canada right now. We have five million tonnes of unsecured nuclear waste, and more to come, and the nuclear industry is trying to find a nice little town in the Canadian Shield where they can dig a hole and bury it. And we need to figure out how to keep thousands of years of future generations from messing with it.

I hear Yellowknife has plenty of space next to the arsenic pits, which will kill any Wasteland raiders before they figure out how to breach the casks

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

hmm that one got away from me

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Karach posted:

put it in my yard, i'd be fine with it lets go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i mean who knows what's actually happening here

but the treatment of the man is what's the shame. just taking his home and saying "see ya" because he wants to do his own thing. so many other options