Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

And they said it's a cyle
:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mikeraskol posted:

Seems blah.

it's a combat trick planeswalker, it's neat at the very least and has enough flexibility that i could see it getting played

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shrine Dudes Rock

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ah poo poo, there's different groups that don't see eye to eye?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

flatluigi posted:

it's a combat trick planeswalker, it's neat at the very least and has enough flexibility that i could see it getting played

I don't think anything it does is impactful enough for a four mana.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Huxley posted:

Ah poo poo, there's different groups that don't see eye to eye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAomAwIwxm8

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

LETS loving GOOOOO

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hell yeah more shrines

mikeraskol posted:

I don't think anything it does is impactful enough for a four mana.
it's doing multiple of those things, is the point, since you can flash it in on your opponent's turn and activate a loyalty ability, then untap and activate again

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

mikeraskol posted:

Seems blah.

You’re nuts. A planeswalker with flash gets around the “tap out” turn, that alone is good. On top of that it can do drat near every worthwhile combat trick when it flashes in. Maybe it’s too midrange for the format right now but It’s good.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Crackbone posted:

You’re nuts. A planeswalker with flash gets around the “tap out” turn, that alone is good. On top of that it can do drat near every worthwhile combat trick when it flashes in. Maybe it’s too midrange for the format right now but It’s good.

Flashing it in after attackers are declared means you're getting a minimum of two activations, barring removal. This card is going to be a blowout in limited.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1486750054337728518

Reanimator target might even be legacy playable.............

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Crackbone posted:

Maybe I am. It just seems fine, but I don't see how there's a midrange deck with white that wants this card. After the first combat trick it's just so unimpactful, it doesn't matter if you get 2 activations. But I could be vastly underrating it.

Definitely a blow out in limited of course.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This doesn't seem great.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I really like Sagas but absolutely abhor double faced cards! Luckily I don't think any of the Sagas here look that good for cubing yet.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Yeah The Wandering Emporer is real good. Might not have a home, but if it does, wow.

Some of those DFCs are real boring. What's the limited format look like where I want to wait three turns for a 2/2 with first strike?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

This doesn't seem great.

Turning vehicles into 4/4s seems good

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The Wandering Emperor is really good. It's 4/4 flash in stats with a leftover planeswalker in a lot of cases, but it can also blow things out as a combat trick, force damage in, or be removal. It's a PW you can play in counter control without tapping out.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

These are more sagas at common and uncommon.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mcmagic posted:

This doesn't seem great.

it depends entirely on what artifacts are around because that static ability can definitely get out of hand in the right situation

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

HootTheOwl posted:

That does seem good. Unfortunately, it explicitly does not do that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

It doesn't do that lol

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The Wandering Emperor is really good. It's 4/4 flash in stats with a leftover planeswalker in a lot of cases, but it can also blow things out as a combat trick, force damage in, or be removal. It's a PW you can play in counter control without tapping out.

It's cool. IDK if it's good. None of those abilities are that great and on the battlefield it's kinda meh. What kind of deck wants to play this?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Master Splinter is here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This doesn't seem great.

Probably too expensive but a free shadowspear/nettlecyst equip once a turn is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The rat ninja lord is cool

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Still animates them, at least

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
This green legendary channel land is INSANE

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AngryBooch posted:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

LifeLynx posted:

Yeah The Wandering Emporer is real good. Might not have a home, but if it does, wow.

Some of those DFCs are real boring. What's the limited format look like where I want to wait three turns for a 2/2 with first strike?

This definitely is the wrong mindset for these sagas. Think of it as getting a free 2/2 rather than throwing it in the graveyard, so it's all upside.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1486752234700423174

Yeah this is a banger. It's not good against a lot of decks though because them being able to get a free untapped land is a big deal.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If I'm reading it right it lets your opponent fetch a dual/shock/triome but it's still pretty insane for a (basically) uncounterable ability

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's EXCELLENT against big mana decks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

It's EXCELLENT against big mana decks.

I can definitely see it becoming a modern staple considering the ubiquity of Urza's Saga

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo that dude got old

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I can definitely see it becoming a modern staple considering the ubiquity of Urza's Saga

It's a free one of in pretty much any deck playing green and since W6 and Loam are very highly played cards in both Modern and Legacy I expect this card to be played a lot in both formats.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1486753222538706949

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1486753525619212292

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The free land is what kills it imo
In modern I'm paying 1, not 2 for that effect.
And I'm not ramping them.
Also Alpine moon just answers all of them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is a cool idea

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh we're just skipping straight to Phyrexian Tamiyo. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin