Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think he was talking about changing visors. like, what if you could press a button and switch to thermal or x-ray vision. he is a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

i think he was talking about changing visors. like, what if you could press a button and switch to thermal or x-ray vision. he is a genius

No he meant what if Samus had a bug head.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mercury Stream were listening

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

Bugs can't change visors

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Bugs don't have visors.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Asking Shiggy to review my Star Wars game and after 20 minutes of silenc he suggests calling our sith lord Darth Icky :negative:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Bugs can't change visors

Arrhythmia posted:

Bugs don't have visors.

are you guys bug masters? i think miyamoto probably knows a little bit more about bugs than you do, since hes from japan.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I bet Shiggy always thought Metroid, as a title, sounds like a game where you'd play as some kind of alien bug.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Never, EVER raise your voice with miyamoto, tho.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

its funny to think about people at the time thinking hes nuts for making the complete industry standard for modern aaa games

Sounds like he ruined videogames

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

EmmyOk posted:

Asking Shiggy to review my Star Wars game and after 20 minutes of silenc he suggests calling our sith lord Darth Icky :negative:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

It's like poetry. It rhymes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol but it's actually probably true.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like I read it one of the hardbacks but it's from an Iwata interview. My favourite Shaggy thing is trying to give Link a gun

quote:

In an Iwata Asks interview, Miyamoto said that, when designing the Zapper, Nintendo wanted a game to go along with it. The Zapper's creators determined franchises like Animal Crossing or Mario wouldn't suit the first-person shooter genre, so they settled on The Legend of Zelda. It bears mentioning that Miyamoto never said the Metroid franchise was considered, even though Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was mentioned earlier in the same interview. Miyamoto pitched "a sort of Terminator style story," where Link would seemingly receive a gun via a time warp from the future, but this was instantly shot down by the team.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

EmmyOk posted:

I feel like I read it one of the hardbacks but it's from an Iwata interview. My favourite Shaggy thing is trying to give Link a gun

lmfao everyone booing him

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I have a theory

- mandibles ("bug head")
- when he removes his helmet, we see the nature of his vision change in first-person ("changes visors")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80EaBRgGylo&t=90s
(1:30-1-:40)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

EmmyOk posted:

lmao that owns

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

lmfao everyone booing him

Why are you booing me? I'm right Shiggy

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

gettin' Shiggy wit it

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That makes it sound like the new about animal crossing and first person shooters in 1985 wtf

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The sick freaks who developed SMB3 for the Gameboy Advance put the cape from Mario World in there. I thought at first this wouldn’t be something Shiggy would allow for but now that I’m hearing about Bug Samus and Gun Link…

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Leadthumb posted:

That makes it sound like the new about animal crossing and first person shooters in 1985 wtf
Yeah I did a double take lol. It's about the Wiimote plastic shell gun, not the NES Zapper.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lmao shiggy rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Linkie's got a gun
Linkie's got a gun
Hyrule's come undone
He's gonna shoot Ganon

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Linkie's got a gun
Linkie's got a gun
Hyrule's come undone
He's gonna shoot Ganon

what did ol' shiggy do
this hylian can shoot you

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No joke I bet link gets a gun in BotW 2, he already has a motorcycle

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No joke I bet link gets a gun in BotW 2, he already has a motorcycle
real botw concept art:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

can't make silver bullets out of rupees, that's a myth. not with the copper sandwiches they use in silver rupees these days.
/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Woke up this mornin'
Got yourself a gun
Deku Tree always said you'd be the chosen one

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I think a line could be drawn between Kamen Rider, who is a bug, and Samus, who is a bird.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Caithness posted:

I think a line could be drawn between Kamen Rider, who is a bug, and Samus, who is a bird.

yeah the food chain

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump_fn posted:

yeah the food chain

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bump_fn posted:

yeah the food chain