Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

a primate posted:

really strange to see people stan for Putin’s lebensraum policies and somehow claim to be leftists

nato is a tool of us imperialism but the default isn’t “therefore all of the balkans belong to gazprom llc”

edit: I don’t even know why we’re involving ourselves in this at all. let the nazis fight but let’s please not start a war
You should check out the rest of cspam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

a primate posted:

edit: I don’t even know why we’re involving ourselves in this at all. let the nazis fight but let’s please not start a war
https://twitter.com/cafreeland/status/1486485494104002563

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
We have a direct national interest in Ukraine.

*cites indirect, abstract policy reasons*

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a primate posted:

really strange to see people stan for Putin’s lebensraum policies and somehow claim to be leftists

nato is a tool of us imperialism but the default isn’t “therefore all of the balkans belong to gazprom llc”

europe would be better off dominated by russia than america

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The direct national interest of Canada is doing everything US tells it to do.

As a middle power we have to make sure we do everything a nuclear power with a large military right next to us dictates or suffer the consequences.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Lostconfused posted:

As a middle power

kinda pushing it there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
canada should join the Warsaw pact

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Give Ukraine nuclear weapons to defend itself imo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

In other news but still on the "why Canada is awful" topic: another 95 dead indigenous kids likely found in BC
https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/potential-burial-sites-found-near-residential-school

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Bilirubin posted:

In other news but still on the "why Canada is awful" topic: another 95 dead indigenous kids likely found in BC
https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/potential-burial-sites-found-near-residential-school

buncha pricks on twitter getting on indigenous folks grieving over this, saying poo poo like "oh it's probably logs they look the same to radar"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

mediaphage posted:

buncha pricks on twitter getting on indigenous folks grieving over this, saying poo poo like "oh it's probably logs they look the same to radar"

People suck

I should probably say that this is a follow up to a previous preliminary study so only two more possible grave strikes were added but frankly its getting hard to keep a running tally on this atrocity at this point

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Karach posted:

We have a direct national interest in Ukraine.

*cites indirect, abstract policy reasons*

Canada has "a clear and urgent national interest" in protecting "the rules-based international order" and taking a stance to defend "democracy" against "authoritarianism" which is why we're big fans of Jeanine Anez and Juan Guaido and unconditionally support the incontrovertible legal principle that Canadian mining companies are immune to international law.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
good thing we already finished all out genocides so we can wag our fingers elsewhere as beacons of modern morality

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah, hahaha, good thing, finished, heh...

Now lets just not look at what RCMP is doing, or if we are still selling arms to Saudi Arabia.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

vyelkin posted:

Canada has "a clear and urgent national interest" in protecting "the rules-based international order" and taking a stance to defend "democracy" against "authoritarianism" which is why we're big fans of Jeanine Anez and Juan Guaido and unconditionally support the incontrovertible legal principle that Canadian mining companies are immune to international law.

Peter Munk smiles down on us from the C-suite in heaven.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah, hahaha, good thing, finished, heh...

Now lets just not look at what RCMP is doing, or if we are still selling arms to Saudi Arabia.

oh by "finished" I mean we actually completed the job. most modern genocides have some survivors, they are therefor a failure of genocide. canada is the only place where I know a people was made entirely extinct. Beothuk people? who's that? no need for messy reserves for them

of course I'm sure people can give me other examples

Rutibex has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Jan 27, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i can't wait to see what happens tomorrow in ottawa, god i hope there are taser balls

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

CLAM DOWN posted:

i can't wait to see what happens tomorrow in ottawa, god i hope there are taser balls

like every event the Canadian media gets excited about, it will be lame as gently caress, and a harbinger of darker things to come.

Karach has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Jan 27, 2022

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

a primate posted:

I don't like Putin, but I also don't think we should be materially supporting neo-nazi Ukrainians. I also would like to ask if you feel the current Ukrainian government is worth fighting and dying over? As a former soldier I might be more aware of this, but someone is going to have to do the actual fighting and dying if NATO decides this is worth it. I sure as gently caress don't want to, so I'm going to be pretty vocal about all of this being a bad idea.

The Ukraine has always been either literally part of Russia, or directly inside its sphere of influence. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that radically realigning them would cause issues with Russia. This is NATO over-reach, not some stupid domino theory. The number of people pushing CIA talking points from the 1950's while claiming to be leftists is really strange to see.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Virtual Russian posted:

I don't like Putin, but I also don't think we should be materially supporting neo-nazi Ukrainians. I also would like to ask if you feel the current Ukrainian government is worth fighting and dying over? As a former soldier I might be more aware of this, but someone is going to have to do the actual fighting and dying if NATO decides this is worth it. I sure as gently caress don't want to, so I'm going to be pretty vocal about all of this being a bad idea.

The Ukraine has always been either literally part of Russia, or directly inside its sphere of influence. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that radically realigning them would cause issues with Russia. This is NATO over-reach, not some stupid domino theory. The number of people pushing CIA talking points from the 1950's while claiming to be leftists is really strange to see.

:thunk:
I can see through your disguise VIRTUAL RUSSIAN

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

CLAM DOWN posted:

:same: or maybe someone getting their nuts crushed by truck nuts

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CLAM DOWN posted:

It wont even be as exciting as zihaf bibeau

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I think the scab and fascist convoy have reached Hamilton, I can hear distant honking, or its just another day of dipshits existing in this city

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/1486699830147756032?t=NIlrxZ9i_RxtMhv10BzXqA&s=19

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The Archaic posted:

I think the scab and fascist convoy have reached Hamilton, I can hear distant honking, or its just another day of dipshits existing in this city

Same here in Vancouver

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Ah, prairie satire. Almost as rare as a patch of native tall grass around here.

quote:

Trucker Pride Convoy Promotes Sex With Trudeau

A convoy of Smokey and The Bandit proportions rolled through Portage la Prairie, heading to Ottawa promoting a strong, albeit mixed message.

Many of the truckers proudly displayed flags and signs promoting “(sex with) Trudeau”. It is assumed they were referring to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau whose good looks and animal magnetism have been well documented.

Notice to readers: – this is satire. Click here to read full disclaimer if you do not grasp the fictional nature of this story and website. If you thought for a moment this could be true then that might be funnier than the story itself. This website does not endorse the use of trucks or truckers in any negative manner and certainly holds no opinion on the validity of having a desire to have sex with the Prime Minister of Canada or any other world leader. While this may be a legitimate stance we encourage all those with such an urge to make sure they seek and obtain consent before engaging in coitus with the Prime Minister, any government official or anyone other than yourself for that matter. Please eat and drink responsibly and to call a friend if you are feeling down. We are not responsible for your perception of reality or lapses in judgement resulting from any sexual frustration you may be experiencing

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

hope they run out of fuel somewhere between Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Marie

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Rutibex posted:

europe would be better off dominated by russia than america

I voted for China

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I hope they succeed in bringing down the government

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

these chuds don't deserve to bring down the government, there are far better reasons to do it, theirs are not valid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
pandemic spreading unabated and the feds agitating for war with russia. it's arguable we don't have a federal government right now.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
if the government was replaced by truck nutz people would shrug their shoulders, shovel their driveway, and still go to work tomorrow with a Tim's in hand. the hockey rink would still be open. we've built an engine that can't stop.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

RealityWarCriminal posted:

pandemic spreading unabated and the feds agitating for war with russia. it's arguable we don't have a federal government right now.

you said they're agitating for war with russia literally the previous sentence, so clearly they're at least doing something

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

these chuds don't deserve to bring down the government, there are far better reasons to do it, theirs are not valid

yeah

celebrating the flu trux klan overthrowing justin trudeau is like celebrating brexit as a blow against the neoliberal EU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

you said they're agitating for war with russia literally the previous sentence, so clearly they're at least doing something

lol yeah they're literally doing something, just not what you want them to do

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
But I did celebrate brexit as a blow to the neoliberal EU

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Mee too Brexit is good actually

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vyelkin posted:

yeah

celebrating the flu trux klan overthrowing justin trudeau is like celebrating brexit as a blow against the neoliberal EU

so exactly the kind of thing you would expect to see in cspam?

e: lmao. like clockwork

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Flu trux Klan is clever so congrats to whoever said it first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:04 on Oct 29, 2022