Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

there's a similar card, herald of the pantheon, that gets no play at all... mana isn't really the big issue for enchantress with sanctum weaver

I guess so but the new one is an enchantment creature itself :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I really like the look of this set so far.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Amulet titan plays this right? Uncounterable destroy damping sphere seems good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

I really like the look of this set so far.

It looks much more interesting than MID or VOW for sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mezzanon posted:

Amulet titan plays this right? Uncounterable destroy damping sphere seems good

I feel like Titan would probably still rather just play Force of Vigor but I think green Tron would definitely like it

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Jiro posted:

drat, poor Tamiyo's now orphaned (again) rat kid. :smith: Or maybe the process wasn't fully compleated and she's still good??

Looking pretty bad for Tamiyo fans

https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1486742422516383745

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

flatluigi posted:

'compleated' being a keyword sure implies we're gonna see some other planeswalkers get got, huh

i dont love having a planeswalker ultimate die to naturalize

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's neat that the two new phyrexian baddies still get absolutely owned by Kaldheim Kaya (ruleswise)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I guess everyone on Kaldheim was lucky it didn't take place offscreen

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Card is great. Comes into play untapped, its an ability not a spell, and even gets better in the small chance you have legendary creatures in your deck. I like it a lot.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tameshi is an awesome throwback to old moonfolk. I remember playing Meloku as a control finisher, was good times.

Sickening posted:

Card is great. Comes into play untapped, its an ability not a spell, and even gets better in the small chance you have legendary creatures in your deck. I like it a lot.

Yeah this cycle kicks rear end and this one is probably the best of the lot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pay one white and bounce a land to draw a card and bring Urza's Saga back to board? *Austin Powers voice* Yes please

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

resistentialism posted:

So if you have puresteel going can you try to attach this to itself an arbitrary number of times (for no discernable reason)?
Yes. But for multiple reasons covered in rule 301.5c the ability will do nothing.
Puresteel gives the creature "Equip 0" and since it's a creature, it's a legal target for the ability.
but:

quote:

301.5c An Equipment that’s also a creature can’t equip a creature. An Equipment that loses the subtype “Equipment” can’t equip a creature. An Equipment can’t equip itself. An Equipment that equips an illegal or nonexistent permanent becomes unattached from that permanent but remains on the battlefield. (This is a state-based action. See rule 704.) An Equipment can’t equip more than one creature. If a spell or ability would cause an Equipment to equip more than one creature, the Equipment’s controller chooses which creature it equips.
An equipment can't equip itself.
An equipment that's a creature can't equip a creature.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Puresteel doesn't give a discount though, but an alternate equip cost which still exists alongside its original equip cost. So I think it could still give those Reconfigure cards Equip 0.
Correct. If you play on MTGO this becomes more obvious where you'll see Hammer has "Equip 8" and "Equip 0"

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is the dimension known as the Rulescape, where an artifact creature enchantment land planeswalker - equipment saproling forest Gideon and a typeless permanent walk into a bar.

We can attach equipment without activating an ability in a lot of ways. Reconfigure is the activated ability we see, and a static type-changing ability. Puresteel Paladin gives Equipment Equip 0 so it would give Simian Sling, an equipment, Equip 0. Simian Sling would still stop being a creature when equipped by Equip 0 or by being directly attached with a spell or ability. Bruenor Battlehammer would not apply because Reconfigure is not Equip.

Thus is life in the Rulescape, where things are extremely literal.

Not quite. Because Equip doesn't include any type-changing the Equip ability will resolve, and do nothing. The creature won't attach itself to anything, and won't stop being a creature.
You are correct about reconfigure, what puresteel does, and that Beunor doesn't interact with Reconfigure (because these equipments don't have equip abilities to reduce the cost of)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This seems really good for enchantress?

My cEDH Sythis deck really wants it. I get a discount and it replaces itself? Yes please.

This set looks loving incredible. I'm excited.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Creature - Goblin Artificer

T: Sacrifice an artifact with mana value x: Return target artifact card with mana value less than X from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste from end of turn

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I guess so but the new one is an enchantment creature itself :shrug:

oh yeah good point.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

New Jin plus a rule of law now that's paper

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This set looks dope so far

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This set looks dope so far

100% agree. If you're not gonna go nutty with power, you have to at least make everything cool as hell imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Imagine a world where that said each instead of target :(

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

Imagine a world where that said each instead of target :(

It would probably be an auto-include in any EDH deck running black

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think for FOUR black pips on a sorcery that's fine. I guess krrk busts it tho lol

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

She'll get more second chances than even wilbur weston does.

Because it's infinite turns.

HootTheOwl posted:

Not quite. Because Equip doesn't include any type-changing the Equip ability will resolve, and do nothing. The creature won't attach itself to anything, and won't stop being a creature.
You are correct about reconfigure, what puresteel does, and that Beunor doesn't interact with Reconfigure (because these equipments don't have equip abilities to reduce the cost of)

You sure? The way Tabak puts it makes it sound like losing the creature type is a static ability wrapped up into Reconfigure, kinda like how Unleash is a triggered ability and a static ability in one keyword.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tameshi gives me Emry vibes but you can activate the ability immediately and multiple times as long as you have the lands to bounce (and white mana obv). Thinking about it for UW artifacts

EDIT: Also can't be countered since you're not playing the card

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tameshi gives me Emry vibes but you can activate the ability immediately and multiple times as long as you have the lands to bounce (and white mana obv). Thinking about it for UW artifacts

EDIT: Also can't be countered since you're not playing the card

no tap plus a potentially cheap cost gets my spidey-senses tingling that someone's gonna find some way to bust this

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the fact that you have to return a land to hand limits it a significant amount, i think. i don't know if i've seen a way to play an infinite amount of lands?

edit: duh, taking infinite turns means playing infinite lands

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

fadam posted:

no tap plus a potentially cheap cost gets my spidey-senses tingling that someone's gonna find some way to bust this

If Second Chance doesn't do it, why not Seal of Removal and Seal of Clensing?

You can power the whole thing with Lotus Bloom too.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1486752234700423174

Yeah this is a banger. It's not good against a lot of decks though because them being able to get a free untapped land is a big deal.

Great card, great art on that alternate version too.

flatluigi posted:

'compleated' being a keyword sure implies we're gonna see some other planeswalkers get got, huh

So Tybalt was infected and will likely eventually turn, Tamiyo was compleated, and I would expect that we'll probably see another variation of Planeswalkers getting conscripted by Phyrexians (i.e.some sort of faith based conversion for Elesh Norn). Interesting.

I could see this going the route of the good guys having to break Bolas (and Emrakul) out of jail to help out-scheme the Phyrexians but hopefully the writers have something more inventive in mind for the story.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd like a Legion of Doom of goth Phyrexian planeswalkers. It'd be cool to see a set where all the PWs are bad guys.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I Before E posted:

They're reprinting Mirror Gallery baby

Actually they're just making it better

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

WOW that is an aggressive cost lol

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rahu posted:

Having started right when arena released in open beta, I can't imagine doing it now.

I had the advantage of all the checkland and shockland sets being relevant and in standard when I started, now a new player will have to crack whole lot of packs from those old sets with few good cards or spend 80 wildcards to get them all. Building a mana base for historic from nothing seems like it would be awful.
I was on Arena since the Beta, but I fell off of playing it around Kaldheim and now I can't imagine getting back into it because once you get off the treadmill it would be a ridiculous investment to catch back up with what you need to play constructed on it. At least with MTGO and paper there's such thing as a budget deck. The Arena economy is absurd.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Hello Mirror Box Thalia :sickos:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Entropic posted:

I was on Arena since the Beta, but I fell off of playing it around Kaldheim and now I can't imagine getting back into it because once you get off the treadmill it would be a ridiculous investment to catch back up with what you need to play constructed on it. At least with MTGO and paper there's such thing as a budget deck. The Arena economy is absurd.

Is a budget deck going to be much better than the New Player Experience decks you get every year? At least in the RB one you get a Goldspan Dragon, not sure what's in the rest.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually they're just making it better

Give me the rat commander, wotc, the giant rat that makes all of the rules, wotc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Give me the rat commander, wotc, the giant rat that makes all of the rules, wotc.

Can you still have multiple copies of Rat Colony in EDH

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I feel like Titan would probably still rather just play Force of Vigor but I think green Tron would definitely like it

Titan will 100% play a free disenchant you can get with a titan trigger my man. The opportunity cost of putting 1 in your deck is literally nothing.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Donato Giancola art! :neckbeard: