Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Counterpoint: the gotcha is often hilarious and occasionally makes cocky SWFs poo poo their pants and straight up abandon their unlucky buddy.
Yeah, NOED is funny. I don't even get mad. The best use of NOED was back when trickster was released and my team dunked on this baby trickster. Somehow, he managed to hook a person in the basement. We all went to rescue and was a greeted by *brrring*. In the post match screen, the guy was a rank 1. So I wonder if he planned from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Okay running the videotape and Lethal Pursuer on Pig is really funny. You just rush them and cause so much mayhem they can never get their poo poo together. Bonus points if someone is dumb enough to slam a gen and start the timers

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
I've got a ton of Videotape and Rules No. 2 addons from back before their rarities got changed up, so I've been having a lot of fun running both of those with Corrupt Intervention. Start with a trap on your head, can't see where the jigsaw boxes are until someone finishes a generator, but also can only touch 4 of the generators closest to my spawn that I'll be patrolling around in piggy-stealth for free ambushes whenever I'm not chasing someone.

Sometimes some moron burns an RPD offering against that build hoping for an easy survivor game and hoo boy, are they hosed trying to find the jigsaw boxes in that loving labyrinth with no auras.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Vanguard Warden posted:

I've got a ton of Videotape and Rules No. 2 addons from back before their rarities got changed up, so I've been having a lot of fun running both of those with Corrupt Intervention. Start with a trap on your head, can't see where the jigsaw boxes are until someone finishes a generator, but also can only touch 4 of the generators closest to my spawn that I'll be patrolling around in piggy-stealth for free ambushes whenever I'm not chasing someone.

Sometimes some moron burns an RPD offering against that build hoping for an easy survivor game and hoo boy, are they hosed trying to find the jigsaw boxes in that loving labyrinth with no auras.

Ironically the one time I used this build they all had their hats off before they were done with the first gen, and it was RCPD. :(

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I always forget Pig has tape addons and end up thinking it's talk about Clown at first.

The one true tape.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ironically the one time I used this build they all had their hats off before they were done with the first gen, and it was RCPD. :(

Yeah, there's no helping Pig's trash RNG. Sometimes they all spawn next to the one box they need to get their trap off. Sure would be nice if the devs stopped adding "roll the dice to see who wins" effects to the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Plague question - I was going after the daily yesterday to hit and infect 4 survivors, so I was deliberately not using any pools to get Corrupt Purge. About 3/4 of the way through the match, I suddenly had Corrupt Purge going, and I hadn't drank from any fountains. I wasn't using the add on that gives you Corrupt when gens complete, so I'm not sure why I got it - any ideas?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
If survivors use every fountain on the map they all reset to blank but you get an auto Corrupt as a consolation prize since you just lost 3-4+ uses of it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doomykins posted:

If survivors use every fountain on the map they all reset to blank but you get an auto Corrupt as a consolation prize since you just lost 3-4+ uses of it.

Ahhhh that would explain it heh. I didn't know they reset.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ahhhh that would explain it heh. I didn't know they reset.

Yeah, it was a surprise to me when it first happened too. I was hoping that I could just let all the fountains get used up and then leave the survivors perma-broken with no ability to cleanse, but instead it just resets them all. I've had the fountains reset as I was drinking from a corrupted fountain too, so there's some really generous timing on that.

Also commonly unknown Plague interaction, getting stunned while you have your corrupt purge active ends it early. I once reset the fountains by cleansing at the last one just seconds before rounding a corner and slamming the killer with a pallet so she got nothing out of it, she face-camped me in the basement for that. XD

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Doomykins posted:

This explains a lot. I've only played Plague twice or so for a daily. I just vomit over everyone and everything and I don't care too much since I'm not expecting a big win. It's kind of fun. All 4 players had chunky vomit icons then all of a sudden in the middle of a chase I vomit on a survivor and she drops like a rock for no apparent reason at all. I was really confused I had no idea what had happened until I read your post. I know I hadn't used a fountain.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9IoBF-BKh4

New Dwight perk, super scoot.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I never really used Plague much for that reason. Supposedly her Corrupt puke is this super OP thing, but in practice the hitboxes on it are so wonky (it isn't a stream like you'd visually think it is, it's a bunch of smaller hitboxes linked together by visual puke that doesn't actually do anything) survivors just go behind any available map geometry and it isn't hitting a thing. Infecting people is more reliable, but then survivors have an auto-out with the fountains resetting so that won't work either

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

The corrupt purge is great if someone's out in the open as it fucks up anyone following the "just hold W" strategy, but if they're looping around a T + L wall or cutting tight circles around a big rock or something then you're boned, especially since not respecting a pallet will get your power cancelled. The puke travels really slowly through the air too, so you have to aim where the survivor WILL be rather than where they are even more than other killer projectiles.

It's all the problems of Huntress dialed up to maximum, but with the trade-off that you can hit multiple targets and spray all over the place. You're way better off using corrupt purge to ambush people working on generators or unhooking survivors than you are trying to take down someone who's looping you, you're better off just using M1 for that garbage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone on Steam get their 6k shards for Leatherface? I got them on my Epic account, but not on Steam.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Medullah posted:

Anyone on Steam get their 6k shards for Leatherface? I got them on my Epic account, but not on Steam.

Yep, I got 'em last night.

I actually enjoyed Plague way more once I started largely ignoring her Corrupt Purge. I'm sure it's not the optimal way to play or whatever, but if I happen to get Corrupt, then I get Corrupt. Filling up most of the fountains means they struggle to go immediately purge, which leaves everyone basically exposed all the time. Also, Corrupt is hard to aim and the voices in your ears are REALLY annoying for tracking people.

But it's kind of like Myers in that it's a good way to zone areas and make people less likely to go for an unhook or gens or whatever for its duration, and it got less frustrating using it and just never being able to find anyone when I started looking at it that way.

The most important information I learned with Plague was that charging her attack does not increase its velocity! It goes the same distance and speed no matter how long you charge it. The only thing charging does is increases the duration. So you can charge short bursts to snipe people or tag generators. This is probably obvious to everyone else but wasn't to me because charging a projectile in every other video game increases its distance or whatever.

Also stack the addons that make you infect poo poo for way longer and enjoy going around spitting on gens making it impossible to touch without infecting yourself for like 50 seconds :v:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So who is your most fun/satisfying killer? Maybe they suck but they are just a lot of fun to play?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

The most important information I learned with Plague was that charging her attack does not increase its velocity! It goes the same distance and speed no matter how long you charge it. The only thing charging does is increases the duration. So you can charge short bursts to snipe people or tag generators. This is probably obvious to everyone else but wasn't to me because charging a projectile in every other video game increases its distance or whatever.

You still want to fully charge as often as you can, since your goal is to infect survivors you want to puke on them as long as possible.

I played a match last night with Plague and Scourge Hook - Pain of Resonance and Dead Man's Switch and it's naaassssssty. Gen blows up, head there or head to another gen and puke on it from far away, people get off it to avoid the puke, BLOCKED MO FO

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I like playing Doctor just because survivors going all "I'm a tree now" is the most irritating bullshit and he shuts that down right quick. And Pig just because she can 100% make someone dead if she really wants to with the traps. Be nice to Amanda

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wow. Had a game as Ghostface where I had that chase someone for 180 seconds daily, so I brought Franklin's and was intent on completely messing around. Then a Nea goes all clicky clicky, so I camp her not even to be a dick, but I wanted someone to come in for the chase. All three of them do. After the unhook, I chase Nea some more just to make sure I had it, they finish the gens. I open the gate and start a Ghostface dance party while Nea and one other run off to the opposite gate. Feng was lurking by mine, so I smacked away her medkit and commenced trying to bait her to come get it. Then the last survivor Kate runs in and starts furiously teabagging. I'm like...go away Kate, I'm playing with Feng. Finally I smack Kate once, Feng Dead Hards out, Kate teabags some more and runs out. And then Clicky Nea and her other friend die to the endgame timer

Just a baffling game, like they were hellbent on BMing someone clearly playing for giggles. And then they died, presumably while teabagging the gate I wasn't at

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 27, 2022

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

I played a match last night with Plague and Scourge Hook - Pain of Resonance and Dead Man's Switch and it's naaassssssty. Gen blows up, head there or head to another gen and puke on it from far away, people get off it to avoid the puke, BLOCKED MO FO

This is why I always run Ruin + Undying on Plague, literally always. Find survivors working on a gen, puke on it, oh no it starts regressing really hard and won't stop until you touch it and infect yourself, effectively giving me a free health state. Normal infection duration on objects is 40 seconds and I typically run the two Haemetic/Limestone Seal addons for +30 and +20 seconds, so that's 1 and 1/2 minutes that the generator stays infected while regressing away unless someone puts their hands in the sick and keeps them there. Interacting with an infected object inflicts 2% infection per second, so 50 seconds of that and they're not only broken, but puking on the gens themselves and therefore renewing the infection duration timer on the gen.

Tinkerer on Plague is fantastic too, both because it's just really good for Ruin value and because the hidden terror radius lets you ambush a bunch of people on a gen with corrupt purge. Even without corrupt purge, if you catch the light pole coming off of the top of the gen with a splash of vomit it will instantly infect everyone working on it if they didn't let go before the projectile hit.

Kwolok posted:

So who is your most fun/satisfying killer? Maybe they suck but they are just a lot of fun to play?

Trapper, always. gently caress your loopy T + L wall shenanigans, I've put traps on all the window vaults and pallets and they are now closed for business. Hide-and-seek gameplay only in this house and you go on the hook if I find you. :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I pretty much entirely quit using hexes. I haven't had one last the entire match since boons came out.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

You still want to fully charge as often as you can, since your goal is to infect survivors you want to puke on them as long as possible.

Yeah, but if they're going for a window or something where you're not going to reach them in time if you charge a long time, it can be beneficial to just hit them with a quick stream. Same thing goes for Corrupt. In general, just knowing that charge =/= velocity really changed how I play her and made it a LOT more effective.

As far as "killers that are satisfying", I really loved Myers before a few of the survivor buffs made him even more power crept + SBMM wrecked everything. He's very much a "gently caress around and find out" killer. Survivor wants to teabag in front of you? Free stalk. Survivor wants to wait at a pallet running in circles? Free stalk. Not to mention his T3 basically pretends Dead Hard doesn't exist because you're stabbing people from full health to nothing. He punishes altruism body blocking poo poo, too. You want to body block for your injured friend? Weird how you're lying extremely dead on the pavement suddenly.

Pinhead is my new main and he's very satisfying in a lot of ways. His animations are amazing, his voicelines are amazing, his mori is amazing. The passive slowdown makes games more chill than usual, and I run him with Devour Hope + Plaything + Pain Resonance + BBQ. There's nothing like survivors realizing "oh gently caress, devour hope is active" and running around to break totems only to find that every hex totem they find is NOT devour. And then they have to touch the cube, or else the chains will harass them off breaking totems... :allears:

With other killers I feel a little bad when I mori people, but with Pinhead, he's so calm and casual about it. I'm doing you a favor! You're not in the Entity's realm anymore! I sent you to Brazil! You're welcome!

Plague is satisfying because you can just run behind someone throwing up all over them to get rid of all of your frustrations.

Doctor, like someone else said, is very satisfying to me as well. No stealth allowed on either side, especially when you use stuff to make your TR bigger. He's like "I'm here, and I'm making it YOUR problem. :sparkles:"

Oh, speaking of doctor, can we talk about the new rift stuff? Love that Doctor got a plague doctor recolor. I already bought the non-recolor bird head before but I think the body looks really snazzy!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Just had a game as Plague where I nearly wiped out a team at 5 gens, so I decided to just farm with them and finish my chase archive and daily. It took them forever to finish gens while I would cling to one person vomiting on them, I don't think they realized I was farming the entire time, and two of them teabagged when they left the exit gate that I opened for them. The people who play this game are on a level beyond me

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Is there a time limit on claiming these? I still need to go through the 30+GB update and that will take an eternity with my lovely internet so I've been holding off on it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

somepartsareme posted:

Just had a game as Plague where I nearly wiped out a team at 5 gens, so I decided to just farm with them and finish my chase archive and daily. It took them forever to finish gens while I would cling to one person vomiting on them, I don't think they realized I was farming the entire time, and two of them teabagged when they left the exit gate that I opened for them. The people who play this game are on a level beyond me

Survivors straight up lack theory of mind, it's the weirdest poo poo. They don't stop to think "maybe the killer went easy on me" or "weird how the killer who completely brutalized my team is now letting us get away repeatedly". They're just like "haha baby killer ez ez".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

Survivors straight up lack theory of mind, it's the weirdest poo poo. They don't stop to think "maybe the killer went easy on me" or "weird how the killer who completely brutalized my team is now letting us get away repeatedly". They're just like "haha baby killer ez ez".

I had a match the other day and, as I often do, when there was one survivor left I went afk so they could go find the hatch. Came back like 5 minutes later and the match was still going. After a couple more minutes I sighed and said gently caress it, and wandered around looking for the hatch. Find it a few minutes later and there's Mikaela, just waiting on top of it to teabag me. Sigh.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I've solved this by never giving a survivor hatch. its kill or be killed out there

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Vanguard Warden posted:

Find survivors working on a gen, puke on it, oh no it starts regressing really hard and won't stop until you touch it and infect yourself

Wait, so Plague never needs to kick a gen if she is barfing on it?

Do I need to barf on all the interactable sides of a gen deliberately or is barfed on barfed on for the whole object?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ruin/Undying so all you have to do is puke and scare them off the gen. And any puke on a gen counts it as infected

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Wait, so Plague never needs to kick a gen if she is barfing on it?

Do I need to barf on all the interactable sides of a gen deliberately or is barfed on barfed on for the whole object?

No, that part is because I run Hex: Ruin. Infecting a gen is just really good synergy with Ruin because Ruin incentivizes survivors to not let go of a gen until it's done, and an infected gen infects them faster for staying on it. Without Ruin if you damage a gen somehow and leave it infected, they can just tap it to stop the regression at the cost of starting their infection and then go work on a non-infected gen to slow down their infection speed (infection builds up while you run or interact with non-infected object at only 1% per second, and if you walk or crouch your infection doesn't advance at all).

Any given single 'object' is one big hit-box, hit any of it and you've infected the whole thing. That's the entire gen, the entire locker, the entire vault, the entire pallet, or the entire totem.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 28, 2022

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

somepartsareme posted:

Wait killers can open exit gates?!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pop into queue and these 4 insta pop up. Normally I'd dodge a 4 person SWF with Flashlights, but a) I wasn't burning any valuable add ons, just wanted someone to get my envelope for the cosmetics and b) Hey, I've got Lightborn! Let's see how much fun I can have!

I'm not even lying when I say this was the most cathartic 60 seconds I've had since I started this game heh. Excuse my lovely blinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6sbrzZji8U

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Wait killers can open exit gates?!

Yup, as long as all 5 gens are done and you haven't closed the hatch. It's a way for the killer to say "gently caress it, done with this match" as it triggers the EGC.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Pop into queue and these 4 insta pop up. Normally I'd dodge a 4 person SWF with Flashlights, but a) I wasn't burning any valuable add ons, just wanted someone to get my envelope for the cosmetics and b) Hey, I've got Lightborn! Let's see how much fun I can have!

I'm not even lying when I say this was the most cathartic 60 seconds I've had since I started this game heh. Excuse my lovely blinks.

Lightborn is my favorite perk in the entire game. Survivors get so incredibly mad when you can just ignore their flashy bullshit.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Man playing killer is suffering but I just had to pop back on for a Cenobite game or two because I'm a loving idiot who grins like a moron hearing Doug Bradley inform people he C A M E.

I dropped off hard when boons dropped and uhhhh that hasn't gotten any better huh? Wild. I'm sure on paper its fine but man it just doesn't feel FUN anymore, at least killerside, you know? Before the hit validation changes and dead hard confirms I didn't get frustrated like, at all even if I was getting rocked because usually at least one cool thing had happened in the game and that's all I'm really after. Now its just Boon Team 6 slammin 5 gens and I can't really do a drat thing about it most of the time with the bonus of feeling robbed when I slap someone and hear a scream and see blood but the game decides it didn't happen. :( I mean I'm not GOOD, I got my Red Rank achievement and called it a day for that sort of thing, but I'm competent enough that I could do some real goofy poo poo against most teams and have a great time and usually get like 6 to 8 hooks or 4Ks when teams got cocky or altruism spiralled. Now it feels like if I'm not trying my absolute damndest I'm just not gonna see anyone or accomplish anything of note, which feels uhhh bad, you know?

Anyways, tl;dr I'm bad and it feels worse now but at least I can inform people of my arrival once again. Goofin around with friends in a swf is still fun, just wish killer wasn't so aggressively unfun these days.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Boon meta is the only meta I know and it hella sucks

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Lightborn is my favorite perk in the entire game. Survivors get so incredibly mad when you can just ignore their flashy bullshit.

I've seen so many survivors bitch that it's an OP perk because it just turns a game mechanic off.

The same survivors seem to have no problems 99ing gates, faking out grabs, or purposely downing in hook dead zones.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I'm absolute poo poo at using Whispers. Anyone have any advice, or maybe a current video clip that demonstrates how to use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Lonjon posted:

I'm absolute poo poo at using Whispers. Anyone have any advice, or maybe a current video clip that demonstrates how to use it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kbSJm5U9i0