Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*furiously taking notes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
You can save money by using ground pepper instead.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm debating whether to read ahead on Fantasy Bishoujo Ojiisan because so far in the anime it does seem like it has some things they want to say, based on the first few episodes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

So true

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Tribe Nine's perfect supercool mentor character is dead of anime tuberculosis disease, so we'll be seeing how the show does w haru and taiga stepping up as protags in the future.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Time for more Shadow Mistress Yuko Shamiko (in April)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgBxGlnG7no

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Space Flower posted:

[Serenae] is better than the official precure subs yea

My favorite Pretty Cure character, Latte Rate

Yuu Morisawa fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 28, 2022

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Yuu Morisawa posted:

My favorite Pretty Cure character, Latte Rate

That would be Rate, possibly named for heart rate in the doctor themed series, and also possibly terra with the syllables reversed in the environmental series, correct?

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Omnicrom posted:

That would be Rate, possibly named for heart rate in the doctor themed series, and also possibly terra with the syllables reversed in the environmental series, correct?

yes and yes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tbf considering its pronunciation the argument for Rate is pretty unconvincing unless you've seen the official merch, only someone working through toei would know to use that

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

sinky posted:

Yes!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

sinky posted:

I still need to finish s1 :negative:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Julias posted:

You should.

(People in this anime forum are real bad at watching anime, somehow)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

could you watch 12 episodes of anime in 2 months for $100000? most couldn't

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Brutal Garcon posted:

You should.

It's almost like there's a ton of good anime and manga to watch, and games to play, and books to read, and...

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Julias posted:

It's almost like there's a ton of good anime and manga to watch, and games to play, and books to read, and...

yeah that's my problem, i get really distracted by games

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's almost like that, but not quite

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
look I only have so much time and attention span and I can either read a dozen webtoon chapters or watch one episode of anime and one of those numbers is bigger than the other

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brutal Garcon posted:

You should.

I want to do too many things and none of them involve me setting down and ONLY watching anime

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Brutal Garcon posted:

You should.

Not me I'm awesome at watching anime, especially in the winter when I can watch even more while exercising indoors.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I've just made a habit of watching 1 or 2 episodes a day and I've been moving through my backlog at a pretty decent clip.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watch anime slowly for a while and then i rocket

i've been watching an ep of mars daybreak a day for the past few weeks, that's a fun one for that pace cause the show has kind of a rocky execution of a standard mech anime opening three eps and then after that it mostly settles into an episodic mars adventure show where every ep's conflict is introduced and then resolved within itself. actually had no idea what to expect going into it but it leans way harder on on-foot pirate adventuring than on mech action, half of the eps don't even have them really get into the robots and there's not a lot of like, super ultra special robots that appear, there's like a couple guys who have ones but even the mc's personal robot is just slightly better than anyone else's. i rec it if you can get past how forgettable the first handful of eps are, the cast is fun, they got a talking cat and a robot beluga whale and one of the later additions is voiced by sochie heim from turn-a gundam who for being a pretty good va has way less roles than i expected. her character gets lots of expressive animation and some of the best jokes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i like watching shows at 1 episode/day, though i usually have a few going at once since i'll never finish my backlog otherwise

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If more anime was Kamen Rider, maybe I'd keep up with it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I tend to either do 1-2 eps a day, or I'll spend a week binging like 2-4 series, and then barely watch anime for a couple of weeks. Right now I'm halfway through my Bakemonogatari rewatch before restarting nisemonogatari

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Julias posted:

I tend to either do 1-2 eps a day, or I'll spend a week binging like 2-4 series, and then barely watch anime for a couple of weeks. Right now I'm halfway through my Bakemonogatari rewatch before restarting nisemonogatari

same, except sometimes i just straight up save episodes to binge (attack on titan atm)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well if more anime was buffsexy pillarmen then I think we'd see more interest.

It's also kind of a weak season given how stuffed 2020 was.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:same:

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Julias posted:

I haven't even started! :negative:

Yuu Morisawa fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 29, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gundam_info/status/1487109499274297347?s=20&t=K5-InW9OieNc_PR2CXFlqA

The Witch from Mercury will air Sundays at 5PM JST starting in October. The official English Gundam site also has an English logo for the series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Same timeslot as IBO and Age, incidentally. G-Reco aired on fridays at 2 in the morning. so it does signal theyve got more confidence in this. (and that itll probably be 50 episodes like IBO and Age were, though it might get a seasonal split like IBO)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's actually a timeslot the tv station has a ton of confidence in, to the point they literally put out a video hyping it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgqOflFwME

Apparently it's the first time they're putting anime in that time slot since 2016?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah they discontinued the timeslot after ibo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah they discontinued the timeslot after ibo

They just needed a few years to wash out all the blood and viscera Mikazuki left all over the timeslots.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

Same timeslot as IBO and Age, incidentally. G-Reco aired on fridays at 2 in the morning. so it does signal theyve got more confidence in this. (and that itll probably be 50 episodes like IBO and Age were, though it might get a seasonal split like IBO)

Speaking of G-Reco, are the movies supposed to be better than the TV series so far?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Speaking of G-Reco, are the movies supposed to be better than the TV series so far?
People tend to say they're more coherent but aren't such a radical shift that if you hated the TV series you'll love them.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

OK, but they had confidence in Age?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

genericnick posted:

OK, but they had confidence in Age?

Yep. Level 5 had some massive hits before and after Age, so Bandai had a huge merch rollout ready, confident that this would move a ton of product.

They were wrong.

Fortunately, Unicorn was making all the money, so they took Age as a learning experience.