Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hear me out... what if Scion could do anything? Like an aurabot with Tailwind to the party too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zana got sick of our poo poo and left

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So am I understanding the new eldritch chaos/ex/annul right? Basically you just save your eldritch implicit rolling til after you finish your explicit mods? Cause it seems really easy to change which influence is dominant on your item with the low tier influence currency

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Zana got sick of our poo poo and left

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

quote:

Act 2 Improvements
Problem:
Many monsters in act 2 are not up to the standard of challenge and polish of other content.

Solution:
Improve the behaviour of most Act 2 monsters, raise the life of some weaker Act 2 monsters and add new monster varieties to some Act 2 areas

oh good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Noper Q posted:

I will not quote it because I will find an old bad skill to start with instead.

quote:

Cleave: Now has +8 to radius at gem level 20 (previously +6). Now deals 125% of base Attack Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 337% at gem level 20 (previously 213%). Now has 125% Effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 337% at gem level 20 (previously 213%)

Cleave got beefy. Lost fortify on hit jewel though.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Brutus is the only boss that gives me trouble in Act 1 (though tbf I do make sure to snag at least one ice resist ring for merveil), so I'm not too worried. Yeah, I get that it's a slower race to maps, but at least the maps themselves have less of a startup cost for time.

e: Frostferno isn't on the list of completely deleted fated uniques. I'm wondering how rare it's gonna be because unless something huge has changed since last year, you can make a budget elemental hit build with that and not a whole lot else.

Deki fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 27, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Traitorous Leopard posted:

lmao no one gonna run sirus ever again, need a new thread poll

lookit this dork who clearly has not looked at thread poll in a while

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You can't see thread polls on mobile app, this is a HIPAA violation!!

External Organs fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 27, 2022

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

docbeard posted:

I'm willing to see how it plays out but I kind of don't love

I'm pretty sure the watchstone stuff is basically movie to the new atlas tree, in some form.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Introduced a new Threshold Jewel for Infernal Cry that disables the ability for Exerted Attacks to trigger Combust, but causes attacks Exerted by Infernal Cry to deal much more Ignite Damage.

HmMmm

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It will make atlas progression a million times smoother, especially for newer players. No watchstone management, just keep running higher maps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pretty sure this applies to Bow dots like TR dot

Essences of Woe no longer roll “Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills on Quivers”. Instead, they now roll “Increased Damage with Bow Skills”. Deafening Essence of Woe now provides values of 43-50%.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
yeah anything that gets closer to the simple ideal of 'put in map, blow up mobs' is good. also p good that you can just set an influence on the device

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I hope this fits as the thread title, because it should be

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lookit this dork who clearly has not looked at thread poll in a while

well egg on my face

in other news, I have resolved to league start a ranger! now just gotta see where my heart takes me -

spectral helix raider? decent bossing and clear, plus ele damage on weapons got buffed so a trinity build will be even better!

ice shot deadeye? bow base phys damage looks like it got a huge buff across the board, so maybe bossing won't be awful?????

archmage mom/agnostic arc raider? guaranteed banger

e:

quote:

Solution:
Added a new Mark Mastery: 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit against a Marked Enemy

seems huge????????

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 28, 2022

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

Cinara posted:

It will make atlas progression a million times smoother, especially for newer players. No watchstone management, just keep running higher maps.

I'm so glad they did something about the Atlas, it has really drained my enjoyment of the game for the past few leagues having to grind all that garbage from scratch every time. Even though there's still some lingering busy-work 'wizard chores' (Syndicate being the prime culprit for me - I groan when I reach act 9 and is reminded it exists), it feels much more approachable now.

Now I just need not to poo poo the bed with a horrible starter, and this league should be fun!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Ovenmaster posted:

I'm so glad they did something about the Atlas, it has really drained my enjoyment of the game for the past few leagues having to grind all that garbage from scratch every time. Even though there's still some lingering busy-work 'wizard chores' (Syndicate being the prime culprit for me - I groan when I reach act 9 and is reminded it exists), it feels much more approachable now.

Now I just need not to poo poo the bed with a horrible starter, and this league should be fun!

they changed syndicate to now unlock from i think a single item for each craft and it's 99% less painful

lowkey one of the top 5 qol things they did in a while

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Whelp patch notes updated, Cleave is dead again. Someone wrote a 3 where they should've put a 2

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Someone took a guess at labeling the new atlas passives

A lot is probably wrong, but still worth looking at a bit?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Whelp patch notes updated, Cleave is dead again. Someone wrote a 3 where they should've put a 2

Oh come on, no one was going to play it anyway.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Introduced a new Threshold Jewel for Infernal Cry that disables the ability for Exerted Attacks to trigger Combust, but causes attacks Exerted by Infernal Cry to deal much more Ignite Damage.

HmMmm

I’d been considering a tectonic slam chieftain or whatever because it seems fun on my level ~55 alt, hmm

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Might be worth theorycrafting an earthquake ignite Chieftain. Or cold to fire icecrash would have stupid base damage with a less annoying mechanic.

Cool thing is you can still set up a flame surge gem, too. Battlemages cry with flame surge and flammability isn't a bad budget/early league way to do it.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Welp, far less interested in starting DD ignite given a ~66% nerf to damage. Time to do some poe.ninja research.

Edit: Icespear Deadeye is a first thought.

Benson Cunningham fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 28, 2022

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh man, this maps rework is loving sick. I think I need to look up some meta boss killers to play instead of my usual crap.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chieftain melee elemental hit ???

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this is the time before league when I know it's going to be good but I do not have the energy to read all the details or keep up with the thread

but dang it sure sounds good

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I'm more excited for this league/expansion than I expected to be. All the endgame changes look very positive for new players, veteran players, just smoother and less obtuse for everyone.

As for my league starter, imagine I photoshopped the Jeremy Clarkson meme with "This is brilliant" pointing to poison Pconc Occultist (Profane Bloom + Plague Bearer is glorious clear speed on no gear), and then " . . . but I like this." pointing to Archmage Storm Call Elementalist with Agnostic and Intensify and shock effect scaling and 3 golems.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I think cold dot is just getting a straight buff this league. So Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap might end up being a great starter.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
hmm might league start a divine ire trickster. Go cold conversion, run Supreme Ego Hatred with Eternal Blessing and Mind Over Matter, assuming it all works the way I think it does.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mentat Radnor posted:

I'm more excited for this league/expansion than I expected to be. All the endgame changes look very positive for new players, veteran players, just smoother and less obtuse for everyone.

As for my league starter, imagine I photoshopped the Jeremy Clarkson meme with "This is brilliant" pointing to poison Pconc Occultist (Profane Bloom + Plague Bearer is glorious clear speed on no gear), and then " . . . but I like this." pointing to Archmage Storm Call Elementalist with Agnostic and Intensify and shock effect scaling and 3 golems.

Storm Call Pledge of Hands
But seriously, time to play a Pledge of Hands build. But first, gotta figure what to level and play on the way there.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Might try blade blast again, maybe raider this time???

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

External Organs posted:

Might be worth theorycrafting an earthquake ignite Chieftain. Or cold to fire icecrash would have stupid base damage with a less annoying mechanic.

Cool thing is you can still set up a flame surge gem, too. Battlemages cry with flame surge and flammability isn't a bad budget/early league way to do it.

I definitely do not have the experience with anything yet to be able to whip up my own builds :?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

Sincerely curious about the storm call shtick; any place to look for a half-decent pob or guide for it? I was planning on being nice and safe and sane and going for a Kay's Summoner (skelemage version, maybe), but buffing selfcasting makes me think stupid thoughts like 'what if palpatining people with lightning tendrils is okay now????' and 'oooh what about other stupid nukes' and things like that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Melee ignite is really esoteric

I would not worry about it

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Christ, they nerfed Strength of Blood twice. First with the removal of increased life recovery scaling with it, then they nerfed leech cluster jewels too. Just removing life recovery scaling would've been enough to reduce the max viable amount to like 50%, wouldn't it?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Melee ignite is really esoteric

I would not worry about it

True but also we haven't seen the numbers on the infernal cry gem.

But yeah there are many better starter ignite builds.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Does "Harness the Void" still apply at each conversion step as it did previously? I know they nixed some double dip effects at some point but I had not heard that had changed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm very excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Mentat Radnor posted:

yeah just seems like a ton of really clever design decisions almost top to bottom aimed at preserving the depth but making it more straightforward and less counter-intuitive/requiring busywork.

which owns, good job ggg