Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/pedroistherapy/status/1486276628762316800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is that something they always ask? Like a routine check-in?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

stev posted:

I thought that was weird too. She just found out he’s acquired the legendary Mandalorian sword of destiny through combat and he just roundly beat the poo poo out of the guy twice his size who has a familial claim to the sword, thus further securing his rightful ownership. And she just decides it’s the right time to go “lol btw MASK CHECK!”

At least she let him keep the darksaber.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Might just be a ceremonial part of an Official Duel.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

stev posted:

It’s the fundie Mando equivalent of a mom asking their son why he spends so much time in the bathroom.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's also weird that they let Din keep his armor, after all the fuss he made about other characters who take their helmets off being allowed to wear it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

He’s an apostate now, not a NotMandalorian.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

stev posted:

Last time she asked him this was season 1 where again, Paz Vizsla was questioning Din's character. It is odd she chose to ask this after the duel, not before, but she did the same in season 1, asking only when the 2 duelists were locked together with knives ready to kill each other. So I guess it's how they resolve duels without constantly getting their members killed.

That said, The Armorer casting Din out could very well be a sign of their way being a dead end. They only had 3 of them left and then they still cast one out. They survived the Purge out of luck. Their extremism got them exiled from Mandalor and now continues to weaken them. I think Din will still go to Mandalor to try and atone, but I'm fairly sure he will be choosing to leave The Way as Armorer defines it and follow his own new Way. With the Dark Saber he remains uniquely qualified to convince other Mandalorians that his Way is the new hotness.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Robot Style posted:

It's also weird that they let Din keep his armor, after all the fuss he made about other characters who take their helmets off being allowed to wear it.

I feel like normally they would have taken his armor but the Armorer is smart and maybe realizes he is the future of Mandalorian prosperity.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if there's only 3 of your entire clan left, including yourself, you probably don't wanna boot one of your last two followers out unless you really really have to

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Armorer doesn't seem like she's judgmental of what Din did. She didn't hold it against him when his actions got the Watch slaughtered, and she offered him a way to atone. She's a true adherent to her religion but I'm pretty sure that she wants Din to prove himself worthy of the Darksaber so he can take up the title of Mandalore and restore the Way to all the remaining clans.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

pik_d posted:

Really I just want to see Luke go "What the gently caress is a darksaber!?"

"Ben? Ben! Get your transparent force ghost rear end here RIGHT NOW! What else didn't you tell me?"

Orthanc6 posted:

Last time she asked him this was season 1 where again, Paz Vizsla was questioning Din's character. It is odd she chose to ask this after the duel, not before, but she did the same in season 1, asking only when the 2 duelists were locked together with knives ready to kill each other. So I guess it's how they resolve duels without constantly getting their members killed.

That's how I saw it. It's a ceremonial way of reminding them that despite their differences, they are of the same creed. It's their version of "now shake hands and be friends again". As such, it was the perfect way to end a duel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

if there's only 3 of your entire clan left, including yourself, you probably don't wanna boot one of your last two followers out unless you really really have to

She wants to bolster her resumé.

"Personally ex-communicated 33% of all apostates"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Arc Hammer posted:

The Armorer doesn't seem like she's judgmental of what Din did. She didn't hold it against him when his actions got the Watch slaughtered, and she offered him a way to atone. She's a true adherent to her religion but I'm pretty sure that she wants Din to prove himself worthy of the Darksaber so he can take up the title of Mandalore and restore the Way to all the remaining clans.

Also, at some point I want to see her destroy more stormtroopers because that was awesome.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Lobok posted:

She wants to bolster her resumé.

"Personally ex-communicated 33% of all apostates"

You'll find that it is 100 percent of all apostates

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sash! posted:

You'll find that it is 100 percent of all apostates

Yep. Can't go back and edit my post now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Does Grogu count as one of them? They all refer to him as a foundling. Does he get a membership card at all?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bad Munki posted:

Does Grogu count as one of them? They all refer to him as a foundling. Does he get a membership card at all?

Can't get in trouble for removing your helmet if you never put one on

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
In the first season, she asked the same thing when Din and Paz got in a fight in front of her. Then it was a reminder that they're all on the same team, follow the same creed, and "could you two stop fighting in my forge?" all rolled into one.

Here, it's asked again after the same two just had a fight to basically decide the leadership of Mandalorian kind. Din won, but has committed a heresy, now he has to go make himself spiritually right to lead his people - something Bo Katan never did or would bother to do.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

The Armourer was the one who created Clan Mudhorn for Grogu and Din and made the little guy an official Mandalore foundling.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay so there were four mandalorians at the start of the episode then, not three, just sayin

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe infants aren’t required to wear helmets (if only due to the care they require).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think calling him a Mandalorian right now would be as accurate as calling him a Jedi Knight.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bad Munki posted:

Okay so there were four mandalorians at the start of the episode then, not three, just sayin

checking it, i guess it is vizla who says there are three of us, not the armorer

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, somebody figure out a new thread title that has Jawa Fucker in it.

TV IV › Star Wars TV Megathread: Mos Espa's #1 Jawa Fucker

pik_d posted:

Can't get in trouble for removing your helmet if you never put one on

very much want a tiny little Grogu sized Mandalorian helmet with cutouts for his ears. :3:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

very much want a tiny little Grogu sized Mandalorian helmet with cutouts for his ears. :3:

I assume it was posted here previously but this take with the visor going all the way out on the ears is the correct answer:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Bad Munki posted:

I assume it was posted here previously but this take with the visor going all the way out on the ears is the correct answer:

Lmao, I love this.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

The way, this is!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Everyone posted:

Also, at some point I want to see her destroy more stormtroopers because that was awesome.

She apparently spends 100% of her free time kneeling on the precipice of space and holding her forging tools across her chest for some reason, so maybe she's constantly waiting for some troops to try sneaking up on her again because it was so much goddamn fun for her.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hazo posted:

She apparently spends 100% of her free time kneeling on the precipice of space and holding her forging tools across her chest for some reason, so maybe she's constantly waiting for some troops to try sneaking up on her again because it was so much goddamn fun for her.

It must get pretty drat boring just the two of them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

stev posted:

It must get pretty drat boring just the two of them.

Especially with Paz Vizsla always just hanging around sucking down protein slurry and talking about how "he totally was gonna win that duel, the sun got in my eyes"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Especially with Paz Vizsla always just hanging around sucking down protein slurry and talking about how "he totally was gonna win that duel, the sun got in my eyes"

The Armourer sits, pondering the vastness of the cosmos before her, wondering why every single member of House Vizla is a complete loving dipshit chode.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I thought it was kind of funny how after giving a speech about how Bo-Katan mistakenly thought she deserved the dark saber and to head up the Mandalorians due to her bloodline, Paz Vizla is like “THE DARK SABER BELONGS TO ME! IT’S IN MY BLOOD” lol alright dude guess you weren’t listening

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr.Radical posted:

I thought it was kind of funny how after giving a speech about how Bo-Katan mistakenly thought she deserved the dark saber and to head up the Mandalorians due to her bloodline, Paz Vizla is like “THE DARK SABER BELONGS TO ME! IT’S IN MY BLOOD” lol alright dude guess you weren’t listening

I'm with whoever said it's going to take Din, Boba, and Bo-Katan working together to restore Mandalore with any degree of legitimacy between them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm with whoever said it's going to take Din, Boba, and Bo-Katan working together to restore Mandalore with any degree of legitimacy between them.

The fundie, the dummy and the incompetent leader. Mandalore is hosed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The fundie, the dummy and the incompetent leader. Mandalore is hosed.

A farm boy, a rich girl, a pair of gamblers and a large dog overthrew the Empire. More has been done with less before.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sabine is going to come back from the unknown reaches after saving Ezra and be all like [img-troy from community apartment meme]

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yeah, I can't wait to see how Sabine interacts with the current era of Mandos, lmao.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

teagone posted:

Yeah, I can't wait to see how Sabine interacts with the current era of Mandos, lmao.

I mean, at least Boba and Din are competent fighters and are willing to learn and grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
can't wait for the dynasty crisis because boba is a clone and technically not a true mandalorian