Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

MadDogMike posted:

Have to do it in 2023 since it’s a return for a full tax year. You can’t file early because what would happen if you did another gift later in the year?

Question of my own, especially for any of the IRS commentators in the thread. If someone keeps having their dependents falsely claimed by someone else, they can file for an IP-PIN for the dependent(s) to stop that, right? I assume being falsely claimed is the type of fraud those numbers are supposed to stop after all.

No absolutely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

MadDogMike posted:

Question of my own, especially for any of the IRS commentators in the thread. If someone keeps having their dependents falsely claimed by someone else, they can file for an IP-PIN for the dependent(s) to stop that, right? I assume being falsely claimed is the type of fraud those numbers are supposed to stop after all.
The FAQ at the link urnisme provided is pretty comprehensive, but to give you the TL,DR version, in this case the IP PIN would indirectly make it more difficult for someone else to file a return including the dependent because any attempt at efiling a return using the dependent's SSN without their IP PIN would be rejected automatically. A print return can still be filed without the IP PIN but it would get extra scrutiny.

The IP PINs are generated at the start of the year and the application for one can take at least 120 days (I think the current average right now is actually 210 days) so applying for one now won't provide the protection until next year. If this is an on-going issue it's still a good idea, you'd just want to warn your client that it won't provide an IP PIN for this year.

Another important consideration (which is also discussed in the FAQ) is to make sure the client keeps the dependent's mailing address up to date with the IRS as the CP01 with the taxpayer's current filing season's IP PIN is mailed out to the address of record at the start of the year and generally speaking the IRS isn't able to reissue the letter to a new address after that. There is an IP PIN retrieval tool on the IRS website but like all of our online systems the various security features keep even most legitimate taxpayers from accessing their accounts.

sullat posted:

No absolutely not
That was previously the case but there have been updated procedures to allow applying for IP PINs for dependents in the last year or so. Prior to that though it was either not allowed or (in the few cases I saw that did involve a dependent who did manage to get assigned an IP PIN) ended up being a shitshow for various technical reasons.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
drat standards have slipped after I left the call center. Anyway I can't imagine that having the kids deal with IPPIN for the rest of their lives is going to be easier than paper filing and having the other party get EITC banned for a few years.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

sullat posted:

drat standards have slipped after I left the call center. Anyway I can't imagine that having the kids deal with IPPIN for the rest of their lives is going to be easier than paper filing and having the other party get EITC banned for a few years.
I haven't been working Individual Accounts enough the last couple of years to get a feel for how it's working out in practice (and I think that particular procedural change kicked in shortly before everything went to complete poo poo at the submission centers thanks to COVID so it might be difficult to separate out issues with that specific policy from all the other general problems) but you might be right about that.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

sullat posted:

Uh, well, the problem is while paper filing eventually works (certainly I can tell the client to lay their hands on school records and such to win the tiebreaker rules), it delays their refund substantially, which given this almost inevitably involves EITC has some pretty painful economic impact on the actual custodial parent. Also, in my experience if they do hit the other parent with a block on claiming the EITC I’ve seen the issue happen multiple tax seasons (does the EITC block not stop them from still claiming the kids?) which can mean several years of this crap. It’s certainly a headache tracking down the IP-PIN every year, but having to paper file and submit proof of custody and wait months for desperately needed money is no picnic either.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Peyote Panda posted:

The IP PINs are generated at the start of the year and the application for one can take at least 120 days (I think the current average right now is actually 210 days) so applying for one now won't provide the protection until next year. If this is an on-going issue it's still a good idea, you'd just want to warn your client that it won't provide an IP PIN for this year.

You can apply online for an IP PIN and get the number pretty much immediately, if you haven’t yet been a victim of identity theft but wish to protect yourself. I did that last year because I expected that a tax document would be delayed and I wanted to prevent someone from filing for me early.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Missing Donut posted:

You can apply online for an IP PIN and get the number pretty much immediately, if you haven’t yet been a victim of identity theft but wish to protect yourself. I did that last year because I expected that a tax document would be delayed and I wanted to prevent someone from filing for me early.
Oops, that's right! I was thinking of the timeframe to process an identity theft claim and get an IP PIN and forgot about the new online IP PIN option with no IDT claim. Thanks for the reminder!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Missing Donut posted:

Good to know. Thanks everybody who responded, I appreciate the sanity check since nobody in my office has helped someone apply for the IP-PIN, so I was wondering if there’s issues I wasn’t aware of with applying for one for a dependent.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Peyote Panda posted:

Another important consideration (which is also discussed in the FAQ) is to make sure the client keeps the dependent's mailing address up to date with the IRS as the CP01 with the taxpayer's current filing season's IP PIN is mailed out to the address of record at the start of the year and generally speaking the IRS isn't able to reissue the letter to a new address after that.

This just got updated today. We can reissue IP PIN letters to newly updated addresses now. So if you know someone who's already been approved in a prior year for an IP PIN but hasn't received their CP01 notice because they moved and aren't able to get it through the IP PIN retrieval tool they can call the toll-free line to get the letter reissued (toll-free assistors cannot access the IP PIN itself directly).

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Peyote Panda posted:

This just got updated today. We can reissue IP PIN letters to newly updated addresses now. So if you know someone who's already been approved in a prior year for an IP PIN but hasn't received their CP01 notice because they moved and aren't able to get it through the IP PIN retrieval tool they can call the toll-free line to get the letter reissued (toll-free assistors cannot access the IP PIN itself directly).

How do you verify the new address, especially for minors? Seems like the aggressive parent could just call and say the kid moved right? They're already in the play dumb games / win dumb prizes mindset right?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

H110Hawk posted:

How do you verify the new address, especially for minors? Seems like the aggressive parent could just call and say the kid moved right? They're already in the play dumb games / win dumb prizes mindset right?

Assuming the usual way they sort out these false claims, they ask for things like school or medical records that show the kid's address is the same as the parent after they get two returns claiming the same dependent(s). But they are some other factors that weight against that sort of thing happening a lot anyway. The biggest is probably laziness I think; just slapping a kid's name and SSN/DOB on an online return is one thing (I suspect a bunch of them think they CAN claim the kid just by virtue of being the biological parent anyway), going through those kinds of gymnastics involves a level of effort to navigate bureaucracy I doubt a lot of them want. Also having child tax credit/EITC denied in these situations doesn't get pursued criminally (since people have screwed it up before without malice being involved), but filing a false address would be hard to argue as anything other than outright fraud, and easily provable fraud to boot. So that's why I hope you can just IP-PIN the kid(s) to prevent it; make it hard enough, you'll weed out most of them just by making it inconvenient to try lying.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

H110Hawk posted:

I'll have to take a look at how they're handling that for dependents but address changes over the phone in general require jumping through extra security hoops and there's extremely limited circumstances under which a parent can even get account information regarding their child much less make changes absent getting a power of attorney form and submitting that to the IRS. Like MadDogMike said, a lot of extra paperwork that A) most people aren't willing to go through and B) will provide plenty of rope to hang them with if they decide to gently caress around and find out. That could take you on the fast track from "Uh, you shouldn't have claimed that, pay it back with penalties and interest and you have to submit a recertification form the next time you claim the credit" to "You've committed fraud, in addition to the criminal penalties you don't get any Child tax Credit or Earned Income Credit for the next 10 years even for legitimate claims."

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
question about capital gains taxes -

So, back in 1995 I was gifted 5 shares of a company as a birthday present. Total purchase price with whatever fees back then was about $100. This stock has had a number of splits over the years, resulting in me having 560 shares in early 2021. I sold 83 shares in March 2021 (to help with buying a new car) for a net of $10,063. I'm single and made $30,500ish last year. Various online calculators I've tried give me results from ranging $0 to over $2k. Any ideas as to how much I might wind up paying in tax on this ?

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

At that income level, you are almost certainly in the 0% bracket for Long Term Capital Gains, which ends at $39,475 Adjusted Gross Income (Income minus deductions, notable the $12,400 standard deduction) for 2021.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Here's a weird situation.

I filed my taxes last year via Credit Karma Tax. I'm trying to get the return from them, but I have an email dated Feb 12, 2021 saying "my federal return was accepted", and I seem to recall getting a small refund, which I've now verified:

Edit, yes, I have a $96 direct deposit from IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF PPD ID: ###########

However, on the IRS's "Get Transcript" page, I only have a verification of non filing for the year 2021.

What happened here and how do I get my old return short of installing Cashapp to log into what credit karma tax has become?

Edit Edit: I got my 2021 1040 from CK and it looks like the entire second page is blank?

Edit Edit: I'm loving stupid, aren't I? 2021's transcript would be the taxes i'm *about* to file. I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else makes the same mistake.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 21, 2022

Jobert
May 21, 2007
Come On!
College Slice
Your basis is going to be almost nothing (14% of shares sold, so like 14 dollars?). So, assume roughly 10000 of long term capital gains. These are taxed at 0% if your total taxable income is less than 40400 (single filers).

Not sure what happens if you end up over taxable income limit, but it all happens on the "Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Worksheet"

Edit: Didn't refresh first. If you think you'll have more income in the future, can sell more of the stock each year now (up to that 40k total income limit) to lock in 0% tax rate vs paying 15% later on

Jobert fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 21, 2022

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Deviant posted:

Edit Edit: I'm loving stupid, aren't I? 2021's transcript would be the taxes i'm *about* to file. I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else makes the same mistake.

I spent your entire post itching to point this out and you ruined it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

KillHour posted:

I spent your entire post itching to point this out and you ruined it.

they really shouldn't put up a verification of non filing for a year who's deadline hasnt even come close yet

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Deviant posted:

they really shouldn't put up a verification of non filing for a year who's deadline hasnt even come close yet

You might need to prove you haven't filed YET

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe a dumb question, but if I am filing MFS with standard deductions, do I need to file forms (like 1098 for mortgage interest) that would only be used in itemized (or that aren't applicable for MFS fliers, e.g. 1098-E) deductions?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Maybe a dumb question, but if I am filing MFS with standard deductions, do I need to file forms (like 1098 for mortgage interest) that would only be used in itemized (or that aren't applicable for MFS fliers, e.g. 1098-E) deductions?

It depends; when married filing separately, both spouses have two choices; you both do standard deduction or you both do itemized deductions. So if your spouse itemizes, you HAVE to whether or not that's worse than a standard deduction for you. You also can't double-dip on itemized deductions, you don't both get the full mortgage interest on a jointly paid mortgage for example (though you can split in an agree way generally, not just 50-50 if one of you pays more of it for example). You also don't generally need to mess with things that can't be claimed for MFS, though double-check since there are some exceptions that may apply to not claiming them as MFS, particularly if you're MFS and not living together at all during the year.

In an unrelated note, was watching a YouTube discussion about the IRS's continuity plans (i.e. what do they do if the US gets nuked or we have other civilization-ending catastrophe) and was amused to discover apparently Atlanta is the first backup site if DC goes boom and, if I can buy the source, supposedly there's some sort of plan to institute a 20% sales tax if income tax collection isn't possible, among other things. Needless to say there were a lot of Fallout jokes in the comments (from how they'd tax bottlecaps to speculating that was the real source of the Enclave).

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

In 2021 I contributed to a Roth IRA, then recharacterized it (?) 6 months later as traditional and did a backdoor because I was going to bump up against the income limits.

I'm using Turbotax and it asks me if I contributed to a Roth or Traditional IRA. I think the correct answer is just Traditional, and any extra gains while the money was in the Roth account will come out with the 1099-R / Form 8606. Am I wrong?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

MadDogMike posted:

In an unrelated note, was watching a YouTube discussion about the IRS's continuity plans (i.e. what do they do if the US gets nuked or we have other civilization-ending catastrophe) and was amused to discover apparently Atlanta is the first backup site if DC goes boom and, if I can buy the source, supposedly there's some sort of plan to institute a 20% sales tax if income tax collection isn't possible, among other things. Needless to say there were a lot of Fallout jokes in the comments (from how they'd tax bottlecaps to speculating that was the real source of the Enclave).

lmao, that's awesome. Not surprised it's Atlanta though, that's where W&I is headquartered. Unless there's a secret law that gives the IRS authority to institute taxes after the end, I am skeptical of that second part, but then again, in the wastelands, might makes right.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Logged in to TurboTax today to get started on '21 and discovered Intuit has updated the site to allow SMS as 1FA. :bravo: It doesn't seem like there is anything you can do about this besides turn on 2FA (and they do at least have Google Authenticator as an option there)

Yes, I know Intuit is rent seeking on tax prep. My taxes are complicated enough and I have long enough history with TurboTax that it's just easier to continue to give them my annual ounce of flesh

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

SlapActionJackson posted:

Logged in to TurboTax today to get started on '21 and discovered Intuit has updated the site to allow SMS as 1FA. :bravo: It doesn't seem like there is anything you can do about this besides turn on 2FA (and they do at least have Google Authenticator as an option there)

Yes, I know Intuit is rent seeking on tax prep. My taxes are complicated enough and I have long enough history with TurboTax that it's just easier to continue to give them my annual ounce of flesh

I used Taxhawk last year and had a good experience, but there's definitely less hand holding than with Turbotax, so I'm thinking about maybe moving back this year.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Trying to understand my W-2 as I sold ISO shares from my companies IPO this year. This might be too soon to be asking this question before my 1099-B's show. I also am still learning about all this.

Box 1 has a reporting of 368k, SS and Medicare is showing 113k, so my earned income. I maxed my 401k.

ISO is marked 271k on my W2 but I go into my brokerage account and see 323k of proceeds, 308k costs basis, so a gain of 14k which is the STG I pay taxes on? We had a very generous stock split of I think 13 or 17:1. I had a CPA do estimated payment calculations in November and I had already had most of the short term gain taxes covered from a poor estimate calculation I did earlier in the year.

What should I be looking for in the mail from my employer or brokerage for the ISO sale, is it the 3921? As entered from my W2 I'm seeing I owe ~$83k, but this doesn't seem correct or did I self own?

I'll definitely be rehiring my CPA to do 2021 and 2022 years taxes. Or did he/me completely gently caress up and I owe a big tax bill and need to find someone else in the future?

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 25, 2022

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
My wife and I usually always file jointly, but circumstances changed a little this year and I'm wondering if filing separately might be advantageous. She's been unemployed since the start of the pandemic and received $15k unemployment assistance in 2021; just ~$500 was withheld for federal taxes. I've been receiving my regular salary.

When I enter my W2 and her 1099-G form, with the standard deduction, FreeTaxUSA calculates that we owe about $1000. If we file separately and itemize deductions, I still owe about $900, but she gets the withheld $500 refunded, leaving us with just $400 owed on balance.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something? I'll probably go through the full process for both scenarios before filing just to be sure, but just wanted to check first.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Toebone posted:

My wife and I usually always file jointly, but circumstances changed a little this year and I'm wondering if filing separately might be advantageous. She's been unemployed since the start of the pandemic and received $15k unemployment assistance in 2021; just ~$500 was withheld for federal taxes. I've been receiving my regular salary.

When I enter my W2 and her 1099-G form, with the standard deduction, FreeTaxUSA calculates that we owe about $1000. If we file separately and itemize deductions, I still owe about $900, but she gets the withheld $500 refunded, leaving us with just $400 owed on balance.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something? I'll probably go through the full process for both scenarios before filing just to be sure, but just wanted to check first.

I think you’re missing at least something. Having one spouse with that little income and one spouse working usually means that filing jointly saves a lot of income tax.

You mention that you take the standard deduction jointly but are itemizing when you’re doing the separate returns. That seems odd. Are you taking the same deductions on both returns or are you splitting them up based on who paid them?

Are you in a community property state?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Missing Donut posted:

I think you’re missing at least something. Having one spouse with that little income and one spouse working usually means that filing jointly saves a lot of income tax.

You mention that you take the standard deduction jointly but are itemizing when you’re doing the separate returns. That seems odd. Are you taking the same deductions on both returns or are you splitting them up based on who paid them?

Are you in a community property state?

My itemized deductions (mostly medical expenses, property taxes, mortgage interest, all in my name) add up to just under the $24k standard deduction. No deductions on my wife's side, but her income is low enough that it doesn't really matter.

We're in NJ, pretty sure it's not community property. I haven't looked at my state taxes yet so maybe it's moot

Toebone fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 26, 2022

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006
RMU: Where using the internet is like living in 1995.

cheese eats mouse posted:

Trying to understand my W-2 as I sold ISO shares from my companies IPO this year. This might be too soon to be asking this question before my 1099-B's show. I also am still learning about all this.

Box 1 has a reporting of 368k, SS and Medicare is showing 113k, so my earned income. I maxed my 401k.

ISO is marked 271k on my W2 but I go into my brokerage account and see 323k of proceeds, 308k costs basis, so a gain of 14k which is the STG I pay taxes on? We had a very generous stock split of I think 13 or 17:1. I had a CPA do estimated payment calculations in November and I had already had most of the short term gain taxes covered from a poor estimate calculation I did earlier in the year.

What should I be looking for in the mail from my employer or brokerage for the ISO sale, is it the 3921? As entered from my W2 I'm seeing I owe ~$83k, but this doesn't seem correct or did I self own?

I'll definitely be rehiring my CPA to do 2021 and 2022 years taxes. Or did he/me completely gently caress up and I owe a big tax bill and need to find someone else in the future?

Im not entirely following the sequence of facts. Two questions:

1) What is the amount of the fed withholding on your W-2?
2) How much did you pay in estimated taxes in 2021?

83k sounds like your fed tax liability, which implies you withheld and paid in very little?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

cheese eats mouse posted:

It sounds like one of two things is happening: You grossly underpaid your estimated - you haven't told us that number - or you're double counting the ISO stock sales. Assuming you exercised and disposed (sold) of the ISO shares entirely inside calendar year 2021:

$368,000 - $19500 (401k) - $12,550 (single standard deduction) ~= $336k. Looking at the tax tables[1] you owe a total of $92,144 in federal income tax. This is a super basic analysis and is basically the maximum you could possibly owe with the facts presented. Subtract from that number the amount of federal taxes you've paid (Box 2 + Estimated payments) and you get the amount you +$owe or -($are due a refund).

Now if you were "close" as you said, BUT that ISO money is being double counted by $271,000 we get $336k + $271k -> Tax tables -> $188k total, less $92,144 is $96,519 extra taxes. This sounds pretty plausible as it's within spitting distance of that $83k depending on your estimated taxes lump sums.

This is how I knew I needed to fire my last accountant, they were double counting my ESPP proceeds in a similar way. Wait until you get all the forms (1099-B, whatever the ISO basis form is, etc) because you probably have to adjust the basis manually because everything is terrible.

[1] https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf Page 15

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I just filed my 2021 returns, and about an hour later I got an email from my folks about two 1099-Rs they had received. I moved two separate 401k accounts into a consolidated Rollover IRA last year, and both closed accounts were pretty old and had my parent's address associated with them, and since this wasn't really a taxable event it completely slipped my mind and I wasn't keeping an eye out for any more 1099s.

Should I go ahead and file an amended return now? FreeTax USA's FAQ on amended returns suggest sitting tight for a while and only filing the 1040x after the initial return is processed because the IRS may fix the issue by referencing their own records or reaching out for more information.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Toebone posted:

My itemized deductions (mostly medical expenses, property taxes, mortgage interest, all in my name) add up to just under the $24k standard deduction. No deductions on my wife's side, but her income is low enough that it doesn't really matter.

The problem is somewhere in there. If you take itemized, so does your wife when you file separate. So she has $15k in income but next to nothing in deductions so she’d have a tax liability around $1600 or something against $500 paid in. She wouldn’t get everything refunded.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Should I go ahead and file an amended return now? FreeTax USA's FAQ on amended returns suggest sitting tight for a while and only filing the 1040x after the initial return is processed because the IRS may fix the issue by referencing their own records or reaching out for more information.

There is no reason to rush to amend. Not just the IRS not yet processing your return, but in case there are other “surprises” out there.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Did a first pass of my taxes, and holy poo poo, for the first time in like 6-7 years, we will have a refund. Usually I sulk from about now until April 15th. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I just got a CP80 stating that the IRS did not recieve my 2020 tax return. I have a copy of the cancelled check that was included with my 2020 return. I can only assume this stems from the backlog of reviewing paper returns. What do I do?

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I just got a CP80 stating that the IRS did not recieve my 2020 tax return. I have a copy of the cancelled check that was included with my 2020 return. I can only assume this stems from the backlog of reviewing paper returns. What do I do?

You're probably right about what happened as the IRS just sent out a raft of those notices triggered precisely because there's a payment on file but no return processed yet and almost all of them are in your boat. An easy way to check on that is to pull up an account transcript on IRS.GOV for the 2020 tax year and see if there's a TC (Transaction Code) 610 Remittance Received with Return for the payment amount. That would indicate that the processing center did receive the return with your payment and it's just delayed in processing, in which case there's no need for you to do anything other than wait unless you receive other notices indicating a specific issue.

BTW, if you're wondering there's no need to delay filing for 2021 as each return is handled separately anyway.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Deviant posted:

The transcript system often makes current year items available for order even if it won't actually give you anything yet. For example, you can order a 2021 wage and income transcript now but we don't actually start populating the income document info until late May so prior to that it'll just be a blank page except for "No record on file." We don't actually start sending VNF letters until June.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah if you see a 610 that means they've received your payment (but you already knew that) so is your return in a stack of paper somewhere, is it on someone's desk, or is it lost into the void? I've seen plenty of instances where the payment is received but the return never got to where it needed to go because payments go one way and returns go another way. Honestly there's no way to tell from here, you'll probably want to call and ask for guidance about whether to resubmit it or not.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

This is not strictly an income tax question but I figured people in here would know. Has the IRS really not posted any new Form 990s online since TY2019? That seems pretty loving bad for 501c transparency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

This is not strictly an income tax question but I figured people in here would know. Has the IRS really not posted any new Form 990s online since TY2019? That seems pretty loving bad for 501c transparency.

The extended deadline for 2020 990s was only 75 days ago plus nobody works at the IRS anymore