Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Fuuuuuck. I got stuck in hell, under the lava lake, on a really long run. I had infinite Black Holes, which was how I got there, so I could always just drain the lava into hell, right?

Seemed to be working well, no more lava raining down as I hunkered down under a piece of rock. Teleport up carefully a few times, still no lava, so looked like I had made it!

Well a few repeated blinks up, I bump into a sea of lava hanging in mid-air. The chunk had been unloaded so the lava was not being simulated, and could not fall down until I came near. I die instantly. God loving damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
drat I'm not brave enough to cross the lava without Laval to blood or damage reduction. RIP

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Fuuuuuck. I got stuck in hell, under the lava lake, on a really long run. I had infinite Black Holes, which was how I got there, so I could always just drain the lava into hell, right?

Seemed to be working well, no more lava raining down as I hunkered down under a piece of rock. Teleport up carefully a few times, still no lava, so looked like I had made it!

Well a few repeated blinks up, I bump into a sea of lava hanging in mid-air. The chunk had been unloaded so the lava was not being simulated, and could not fall down until I came near. I die instantly. God loving damnit.

Yeah that's how the game handles everything that is physic particles and falls, you can actually see the smaller cells within the playable area if you look closely enough.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

perfectly safe

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Ardryn posted:

Yeah that's how the game handles everything that is physic particles and falls, you can actually see the smaller cells within the playable area if you look closely enough.
Yeah, I kind of theoretically knew that, but forgot the implications in my lust to get the wacky spells I bought to a Holy Mountain.

Speaking of which, it seems that my god-runs are always somehow also some of the most starved. I always end up finding my first chainsaws, lumi drills, and shields in parallel worlds, if at all.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

:stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

how much self-damage did that cause, anyway

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

probably low double digits as long at it just grazes you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

in my world 2 digit damage is a major existential threat :v:

(e) but then i wouldn't have that spell combo running either, so nevermind

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

is having a high save game size a problem? having only gone through 1 parallel world i'm at 100mb. i recall a while back there were issues with save games getting corrupted, is that still a thing or am i ok?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Last time I was breaking the game to do the new endgame quests I had some ctds and chunks of the world got corrupted but never lost my save. I'd make backups if you're really invested in a run just in case

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

BBJoey posted:

is having a high save game size a problem? having only gone through 1 parallel world i'm at 100mb. i recall a while back there were issues with save games getting corrupted, is that still a thing or am i ok?

occasionally you might want to do what people have been calling a "mod restart" which is just going to the mods menu and clicking "restart with mods enabled" (or whatever it is). afaik it actually just saves + restarts the game while applying any changes to your mod list that you make.

you can also straight make a copy of your save folder after save and quit, then restore that if anything goes sideways

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Found a fungal pouch in the mines so naturally I indulged. It turned snow into lava so all the snow in hiisi base fell and melted all the steel in wild random ways. Weirdly snow cave before it was mostly normal?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I found a gold bag in the caves, turned lava into gold in the fungal caverns, and then died before I could get to the lava lake :<

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Just got this game finally.

I started a chain reaction in the first mines right as I started. My game slowed to a crawl and the audio never recovered after about 5 minutes of screen shaking and explosions. When I eventually got down to the portal to the temple I had to swim through a sea of blood that had accumulated around that low spot at the portal. It was completely submerged. No idea how many creatures exploded in it. Five stars.

gently caress I'm bad though. I did get glass Cannon and some spell that described itself as the largest fireball or something. It completely cleared the geometry from the ice caves, and me shortly after.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goodpancakes posted:

Just got this game finally.

I started a chain reaction in the first mines right as I started. My game slowed to a crawl and the audio never recovered after about 5 minutes of screen shaking and explosions. When I eventually got down to the portal to the temple I had to swim through a sea of blood that had accumulated around that low spot at the portal. It was completely submerged. No idea how many creatures exploded in it. Five stars.

gently caress I'm bad though. I did get glass Cannon and some spell that described itself as the largest fireball or something. It completely cleared the geometry from the ice caves, and me shortly after.

you are not bad, you are noita (noita means withc)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Goodpancakes posted:

if this is being bad then noita is a game about striving to be the absolute worst

it is

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

95%+ of my deaths are boring "burned" or "got plinked by a stray bullet" or "opened an electrified chest under water, again" types of unsatisfying, irritating garbage; i'd kill to have more awesome ways out, like taking several tiles worth of geometry with me

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Something things never change

https://i.imgur.com/o8i1R1W.mp4

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Got my first Win unmodded. Hell yea. only a few hundred deaths to reach it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What is the best thing to fungal shift blood into?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

BONGHITZ posted:

What is the best thing to fungal shift blood into?

If you have at least one Touch Of Whatever spell or other good ways of killing enemies without making them bleed (including the ones resistant/immune to your normal spells) and a Greek/healbolt wand for unlimited healing out of combat, then the run is already mostly broken... but if you hypothetically wanted to break it the rest of the way and have savescummed to know ahead of time that the next shift will turn your blood into something controllable: Ambrosia

But it makes the game so easy you'll inevitably get bored/careless/distracted and die in some hilariously stupid way

Another good option is fungus so you can stay tripping forever

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

silentsnack posted:

If you have at least one Touch Of Whatever spell or other good ways of killing enemies without making them bleed (including the ones resistant/immune to your normal spells) and a Greek/healbolt wand for unlimited healing out of combat, then the run is already mostly broken... but if you hypothetically wanted to break it the rest of the way and have savescummed to know ahead of time that the next shift will turn your blood into something controllable: Ambrosia

But it makes the game so easy you'll inevitably get bored/careless/distracted and die in some hilariously stupid way

Another good option is fungus so you can stay tripping forever

I love to die in stupid ways. I know what's going on ahead of time thanks to this bad boy: https://cr4xy.dev/noita/?seed=1350378553

I don't use it all the time, but its fun to see the future sometimes.

e: my healing setup https://i.imgur.com/3a7YOZl.mp4

ee: died in a fire

BONGHITZ fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 2, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i could probably make some good wands if i had half a brain

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have just started this game.

I am very bad at it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

you are not bad, you are noita (noita means withc)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I see.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Water turns toxic sludge into water
Put your spark into your bomb wand
Embrace your inevitable death

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hellioning posted:

I have just started this game.

I am very bad at it.

Maybe one day you'll be like me, with 100+ hours into it... and still very bad at it! :)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's a fun game to be bad at

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Is there a way to not crash and corrupt your save when you start going to alternate worlds?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Don't use rapidfire tele bolt/recoil wands for travel is the advice I've seen

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

dyzzy posted:

Ah, maybe that helps with the loading. I've got a banger PC with 32gb of ram an i7 and GTX2080 ti but still get crashes after 4-7 worlds.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Hamelekim posted:

Is there a way to not crash and corrupt your save when you start going to alternate worlds?

if you're using chainsaws to speed up wands, find a mod that fixes them -- there's a bug where the sound chainsaws make just kind of stack up because of the short repeat rate, which causes the game to poo poo its pants

go to "mods > restart with mods enabled" to reset your game occasionally, usually after travelling a good distance; even if you have no mods enabled this is basically just a faster save + quit

dyzzy posted:

this is probably due to people using chainsaws since they set the cast delay to 0, super useful for rapid fire

you should be fine using those as long as you take note of the above

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

dyzzy posted:

Imagine not traveling like this

https://i.imgur.com/WgG83sV.mp4

why even play the game?!?!?!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'd rather travel like this

not really, that poo poo runs at seconds per frame ingame

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I found a wand that immediately killed me when I activated it for some reason.

Game is good.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hellioning posted:

I found a wand that immediately killed me when I activated it for some reason.

Game is good.

ALWAYS CASTS: Nuke

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Casts 6 spells in one click, 5 summon propane tanks and 1 plasma cutter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
As a general rule, never use a wand you pick up unless it's something innocuous like a spark bolt wand with better stats than the starting one. If it has 10 different spells on it and you don't know what they do, it will almost certainly kill you.