Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DangerDongs posted:

This is going to be pretty gross with Wrenn.

If you're Tron, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

If you're Tron, sure.

Ahhh basic land type, shoot. Yeah, still good against Tron and Saga.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

alt art for mirror box

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

in the replies, seems she still holds an ironbound scroll containing the destruction of Serra's Realm, so looks like dominaria's getting nuked by that sometime down the road

IIRC Emrakul turned that scroll into a spell of trapping Emrakul in the Moon, so who knows what it'll do.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
The thing that bothers me about the new sagas is the creature sides mostly don't look like creatures

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Barry Shitpeas posted:

The thing that bothers me about the new sagas is the creature sides mostly don't look like creatures

Exactly something someone who didn't gently caress around for too long at a liberal arts school would say

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

in the replies, seems she still holds an ironbound scroll containing the destruction of Serra's Realm, so looks like dominaria's getting nuked by that sometime down the road

What're the odds that Dominaria United means Teferi finally unfucks his hometown from time and space, only for Tamiyo to just nuke it?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Tamyo is going to nuke new phyrexia because she doesn't trust tezz

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Jiro posted:

What're the odds that Dominaria United means Teferi finally unfucks his hometown from time and space, only for Tamiyo to just nuke it?

I'd bet on her casting it to get the big win for Phyrexia, but Teferi sacrifices himself to undo the spell/restore Dominaria and in doing so brings back Zhalfir.

Full circle.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 28, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Karn has the Sylex still, right? Mutually assured destruction thing setting Dominaria back another Ice Age block.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Do the new phyrexians even care about dominaria?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dominaria produces a lot of planeswalkers, was directly responsible for the defeat of old Phyrexia, and Karn is from there. I'm sure they at least want to check the box.

Man Koth is probably dead, isn't he?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Didn't they have a 'very good reason' he was the only living walker not in WAR.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope they do something with the climactic finale or whatever where it allows them to revisit the legendarily lovely old sets and reimagine them with actual balance. Fallen Empires and Homelands, But Good :v:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Phyrexians are going to release Emrakul, its going to eat Dominaria, and the multiverse will reset, now with better brand integration.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope they do something with the climactic finale or whatever where it allows them to revisit the legendarily lovely old sets and reimagine them with actual balance. Fallen Empires and Homelands, But Good :v:

reprint hymn to torach into standard

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Reach. Modified creatures you control have trample. Whenever a modified creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

Reach. Modified creatures you control have trample. Whenever a modified creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.

wew, if there are easy ways to modify a creature turns 1 and 2 that could really get out of hand

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

wew, if there are easy ways to modify a creature turns 1 and 2 that could really get out of hand

Just play any one drop and luminarch aspirant for two modified creatures attacking on turn 3.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Strong Sauce posted:

They've started auctioning the art on the Facebook page.. People are going pretty hard on the dragon pieces.

$12K ATM

$7K ATM

$4K

Just started, opening bid $1.8K

$6K ATM

$6500

Not yet started

$6500

I wish I had a shitload of bux because I want the art for The Modern Age so bad. Like it's the least Magic art ever made and it's so loving COOL.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Is it Star Pupil's time to shine?????????????

Nah probably not.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

I've got two casual decks just waiting for this fucker.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

That would rule hard

Revisit some of the weird art from that period, maybe give us a playable Veldrane of Sengir or Rashka the Slayer

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Not yet started

Man that Umezawa art is so loving good. That would make a kickass tattoo.

Same with the Hidetsugu.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Lets Pickle posted:

IIRC Emrakul turned that scroll into a spell of trapping Emrakul in the Moon, so who knows what it'll do.

I mean, Mirrodin has five moons...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Didn't they have a 'very good reason' he was the only living walker not in WAR.

Wasn't he with Urabrask doing rebellion stuff and hiding from Elesh Norn?

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

The Phyrexians are going to release Emrakul, its going to eat Dominaria, and the multiverse will reset, now with better brand integration.

Probably not this, but I believe in a Magic comic from last year, some fish cult Simic people bounced a telepathic signal off of Jace's brain or something and Marit Lage's iceberg tomb is now floating towards Ravnica like a comet.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

https://scryfall.com/search?q=c%3Ag+f%3Astandard+o%3A%22%2B1%2F%2B1+counter%22&unique=cards&as=grid&order=cmc&dir=

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

quote:

March of Reckless Joy - XR

Instant - Rare

As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may exile any number of red cards from your hand. This spell costs 2 less for each card exiled this way.

Exile X cards from the top of your library. You may play up to two of them until your next turn.

cool idea for a cycle

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

could this be legacy playable? at x=2 it's a force/solitude effect for a shitload of stuff. not to mention urza saga fucks off forever for a single white at instant speed

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

kalel posted:

could this be legacy playable? at x=2 it's a force/solitude effect for a shitload of stuff. not to mention urza saga fucks off forever for a single white at instant speed

It’s really good. Just like all removal in legacy, it’s meta dependent though.

Really cool card

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Move over, Prismatic Ending!
It exiles Saga, Ornithopter, Memnite, Tokens and Dryad Arbor for 1 (two of those cards are lands!)
It exiles Ragavan, DRC, Kroxa and Wrenn if you pitch solitude to it.
And in the late game you can just pay the X!
And it's an instant.

Card's a sicko banger.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

I love how good this card is in general, but I especially love how good this card is as a player on the draw in a game. Let’s you proactively deal with your opponent’s mana advantage.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I suspect Tamiyo is the only Phyrexian mana card we get this go around but it might be previewing Compleated as a keyword for hybrid Phyrexian mana in another set. Maybe the idea is that since hybrid can be seen as "cheaper" in some ways than costs of a single colour, Compleated cards will be easier to balance as getting them a turn earlier won't be as big. I could see Tamiyo as a 4.5cmc card.

Related - how do colour blind folk find Phyrexian mana? I know they always say the colour they represent in the text but I figure it impacts the readability, and hybrid and multicolor costs can only be worse.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

also I think white got enough good cards now. no need to keep going, we can stop at skyclave app, luminarch aspirant, elite spellbinder, Adeline, prismatic ending, and this one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BizarroAzrael posted:

Related - how do colour blind folk find Phyrexian mana? I know they always say the colour they represent in the text but I figure it impacts the readability, and hybrid and multicolor costs can only be worse.

I've never had a problem personally. Most color blind people learn to associate different shades with their True Colors so having the whole card be the certain color helps a bit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

I suspect Tamiyo is the only Phyrexian mana card we get this go around but it might be previewing Compleated as a keyword for hybrid Phyrexian mana in another set. Maybe the idea is that since hybrid can be seen as "cheaper" in some ways than costs of a single colour, Compleated cards will be easier to balance as getting them a turn earlier won't be as big. I could see Tamiyo as a 4.5cmc card.

It is obvious from the story about tamiyos compleation that this is gonna be a multi-set thing where a bunch of sets have one phyexian planeswalker. Probably culminating in a set on new phyrexia where the keyword is a main mechanic (but oh lord do i hope not we do not need another set with phyrexian mana as a main focus)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Like i guess its better that they force you to pay some amount of colored mana but like, idk i feel like its easy to mess up

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

kalel posted:

also I think white got enough good cards now. no need to keep going, we can stop at skyclave app, luminarch aspirant, elite spellbinder, Adeline, prismatic ending, and this one

White's finally on top

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I love the art on that white March lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jesus Christ that's a good card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's Leonardo