Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for how I reacted to my fiancé surprising me with “our” dream house?

I would also be questioning things if my fiance bought a house without including me in any part of the process. If he made a purchase like that once whats stopping him from buying her a car without telling her? Maybe she comes home one day and finds she is now the owner of a litter of puppies.

They need to have a serious conversation about being partners because I get the sense he sees her as an accessroy.

Edit: :10bux: says her name isn't on the deed and if she asks to be he'll say "Don't worry about it. Besides, I paid for it so its only fair my name is the only one on the deed."

If her name is on the deed comedy option is she turns around and sells the house without telling him. If he gets pissed she needs to tell him she was trying to surprise him with hundreds of thousands of dollars! Isn't hat awesome?! Wait, why are you upset?

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

Edit: :10bux: says her name isn't on the deed and if she asks to be he'll say "Don't worry about it. Besides, I paid for it so its only fair my name is the only one on the deed."

This does feel a lot like a pre marital asset thing. It's like a prenup nobody has to sign.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not driving 12miles to deliver food after knowing the customer purposely put wrong address?!

quote:

Besides my regular job I do a part time delivery job (doordash). This morning around 11 I get this order 2.7 miles for 6$. When I arrived there the lady who opened the door said she didn't order the food. I show her the address. She says ,"The address is correct but I didn't order this. That's not my name. I don't know anyone by this name either." I text the customers number. No response. I was waiting on line to talk to someone from dasher support when I get this text from the customer saying I'm at the wrong address. Sends new address I look it up and it's 12 miles from where I was. So I text her I'm not going 12 more miles for 6$. If I knew she lived that far I'd never have accepted the order. I offer to bring it back to chick fil a so she can come pick it up.She then calls me saying I have to deliver it to her house because she already paid for the food. Her kids are waiting for lunch. It's not fair to them. I ask why she didn't check the address before confirming her order. She says she put the wrong address on purpose because delivery fee was too much. At this point I knew she was a scammer so I tell her I'm delivering it to the address that's on my app and she can talk to customer service about her order. I dropped it off at the address on my app and completed the order. Now she's blowing up my phone with mean texts from multiple numbers saying I'm an rear end in a top hat and I stole her food. Then she tried to leave negative review after contacting customer service but doordash removed it. I think she got what she deserved but I'm also feeling bad for the kids. AITA here?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for setting boundaries with my first baby

quote:

Me (26F) and hubby (30m) are having our first child. I have decided to set boundaries for when the baby gets here because of covid and my own anxieties. The boundaries are as follows: no coming over unannounced (I would just like to be called or texted first) no kissing the baby ( we are still in covid and rsv is real) and no posting pictures of the baby until we are comfortable with it and the last one is absolutly no bath time pictures or any pictures exposing baby's genitles. My hubby's mom is furious with my boundaries and says I need to be willing to compromise because this is HER grand child. Any time I say anything about the baby in front of her she reminds me that this is HER grandchild. She was even telling us that she hated the name we picked out for baby and was trying to force us to chose her name she had picked out. Then she told hubby that this is his baby and he can over ride me and that I need to be put in my place. These rules are for everyone not just her like she seems to think. AITA?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Piell posted:

While the energy required to send any individual object into the sun is prohibitive, what if there was a constellation of people like this to use as a gravity assist to launch garage people like the MIL into the sun?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The only better timing for setting these boundaries would have been before getting pregnant.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

People really need to get with the idea that it's ok to end a relationship, even a good one, if it means not having to spend the next several decades dealing with lovely inlaws. I don't care if it's been 15 years of happiness, if your mom is acting like I'm 10 in my own goddamn house or w/e, either cut them off or I'm out. There is nothing worth putting up with poo poo like that from supposed adults.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

genitles

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mx. posted:

genitles

at least she didn't write "gentiles", which would have added multiple layers of confusion

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Bubblyblubber posted:

Are you a bad enough ombre to berth ell president?

Pages ago but this is the only thing to make my sick sad self laugh today in this sick sad world, thank you

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He started the affair because the wife was medically unable to have sex for a while. The kinks materially do not matter because they were just a post facto rationalization, and if he ever brought them up with his wife there’s a risk she’d be okay with them and thus wreck his rationale and force him to confront his guilt. Y’know at least until he comes up with a new rationalization.

Notice the admission comes right as he finds out about her cheating and he’s suddenly of the mind that cheating is not cool.

My dad cheated on my mom on and off for their entire marriage, which ended after 20 years because his current affair partner wanted to get married. So they did. Broke up two families but hey, they got what they wanted.

Some years later, karma got them: on one of their many vacations, my stepmom got sick. Some virus that still has her super fatigued and wiped out. During the year or so she barely left bed, my dad, such a gentleman, called my mom up to complain he hadn't had sex in a year. And wondered what things might have been like had they stayed married.

Such a charmer. I wonder if stepmom ever knew about that call.

AITA For Not Getting A Paternity Test

quote:

Because of recent medical concerns, it has come to like that my daughter(22) is not biologically mine.

During her mother's pregnancy I did have some doubts: we were not together when she told me she was pregnant and we did "the right thing" by getting married and during one notable appointment with DHHS she completely overreacted when the case worker suggested a paternity test. However, I pushed all that to the back of my mind and raised her as my own.

In her early years my daughter went through speech, occupational and physical therapy due to complications at birth and I was the stay at home parent for all of that and we developed quite a bond. The relationship with me and her mother fell apart around the time my daughter was 5 and eventually led to a divorce. Over the years my ex-wife drove a large wedge between my daughter and me telling half-truths about situations, telling her she did not have to wear goodnights (daughter was a bed wetter which my ex did nothing to curtail,) etc.

Due to the medical stuff related to the events around her birth it came out I was not her biological father and my daughter asked me if I knew or suspected, when I told her there were some doubts initially she became very angry at me and asked why I never got a paternity test done. I cannot stress here enough that my initial doubts were based around the fact her mother and I were not together when she became pregnant, but those doubts were short lived and I never treated my daughter as not mine.

AITA for never getting a paternity test done?

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Piell posted:

I'm going to brighten up my evening by pretending this is a post about feeling nervous about the encroaching, grabby, boundary-stomping baby on the way.

1. No crying during quiet hours of enjoyment as defined by local by-law and subject to residential association rules PROVIDED that said rules cannot be used to REDUCE the hours stipulated by said by-laws

2. Maternal parent is a distinct entity. I, [baby], hereby acknowledge her personhood and disclaim any rights, control and power over her. Maternal parent's body is her own body.

3. Nourishment will be provided timely and in medically recommended quantity and quality SUBJECT to appropriate behavior from recipient [baby], understood to exclude any and all anxiety-provoking, unreasonable, painful, hurtful, traumatic, triggering, gaslighting, perverse, obtuse, disingenuous, and infuriatingly mysterious actions.

4. [baby] will make a good-faith effort and take all reasonable precautions not to convey false, invidious, injurious, or hurtful impressions of maternal and paternal parent and their parenting to any other individuals, agencies, corporate entities or state representatives. Such good faith efforts and reasonable precautions shall include, but are not limited to, smiling at strangers, not clinging to visiting relatives like a beaten capuchin monkey, going to sleep in and on a variety of locations and surfaces when under observation, feeding under observation without complaint or refusal, and never timing bursts of howling with being handed back to a parent.

And so on.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Mx. posted:

AITA for taking my oldest child to my sister's child-free wedding?

I don't get the whole child free/no +1 non-spouse weddings thing. I've only run into it three times in my life. Twice I just took my daughters anyway, and once I took a girlfriend and luckily it was either not drama, or not enough drama for me to be bothered with. I can understand not inviting people with kids or single people to your wedding if that's who you are, but if you're inviting a person to you're wedding then you know them well enough to know if they have kids and/or their relationship status. If you ask them to come at all you're automatically inviting their kids or girlfriends by default.

*With exception for infants, because so many parent don't understand the whole "What the gently caress is wrong with you, bringing an infant to a wedding?" thing. Or to a movie theater. Or on a plane.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 28, 2022

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Frankenstyle posted:

but if you're inviting a person to you're wedding then you know them well enough to know if they have kids and/or their relationship status. If you ask them to come at all you're automatically inviting their kids or girlfriends by default.

That's why they added the "No +1/no kids". Because they knew people might have kids or girlfriends and were not inviting them. It was not default. They added a modifier.

Also: I don't get it! :downs: It isn't complicated. They said "no kids/+1." They meant no kids/+1. Just because they didn't put up a fuss when you did it anyway doesn't mean it wasn't irritating to them and that you aren't an rear end for it. It means you successfully weaponized decorum.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 28, 2022

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Frankenstyle posted:

I don't get the whole child free/no +1 non-spouse weddings thing. I've only run into it three times in my life. Twice I just took my daughters anyway, and once I took a girlfriend and luckily it was either not drama, or not enough drama for me to be bothered with. I can understand not inviting people with kids or single people to your wedding if that's who you are, but if you're inviting a person to you're wedding then you know them well enough to know if they have kids and/or their relationship status. If you ask them to come at all you're automatically inviting their kids or girlfriends by default.

*With exception for infants, because so many parent don't understand the whole "What the gently caress is wrong with you, bringing an infant to a wedding?" thing. Or to a movie theater. Or on a plane.

You can sit there and say "I'm sorry but I can't make it without my kids / partner" instead of being an rear end.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Frankenstyle posted:

Uh, so what do you suggest people with infants do if they actually need to fly somewhere? I’m genuinely curious because a lot of people seem to think that you should never bring a baby on a plane or that when a baby cries on the plane it is the parents being inconsiderate to fellow passengers. Sometimes you have to bring the kid.

Babies mostly cry on takeoff and landing, because their ears hurt from the pressure difference, and if you just let them cry their ears will pop and it will be over sooner.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

im staying out of the fight, but i do wanna point out that in the story that spurred this, not only did the invite name the entire family, but the only 'child' that went to the actual ceremony was 19, she found someone/someplace to watch the actual children

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 28, 2022

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

im staying out of the fight, but i do wanna point out that in the story that spurred this, not only did the invite name the entire family, but the only 'child' that went to the actual ceremony was 19

Don’t forget that the bride was an oversized toddler also.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

Uh, so what do you suggest people with infants do if they actually need to fly somewhere? I’m genuinely curious because a lot of people seem to think that you should never bring a baby on a plane or that when a baby cries on the plane it is the parents being inconsiderate to fellow passengers. Sometimes you have to bring the kid.

Babies mostly cry on takeoff and landing, because their ears hurt from the pressure difference, and if you just let them cry their ears will pop and it will be over sooner.

I was on two international flights late last year and babies cried most of the way both ways, as the aircraft was cruising. Also the parents used the fact that kids under 4 or 2 or whatever didn't need to have masks as an excuse to also not wear masks.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for bluntly telling a woman it’s dangerous to put essential oils in sensitive areas?

quote:

My uncle’s new girlfriend came to family dinner the other night and it was the first time anyone in my family met her. She is super into essential oils which is very eyeroll inducing for me but I didn’t say anything about it or show that I found it annoying at first. I bit my tongue while she went on about putting them in her water (you should not be ingesting essential oils) and rubbing them on pressure points and trying to convince my mom to buy some.

But then she brought up that they can be super good for yeast infections!!? I looked at her super horrified and asked “you mean you’re putting them down there??” And she said yes you just insert a few drops and it clears up right away! I told her this was very dangerous and could cause chemical burns as well as throwing off your vaginal ph and potentially causing other infections. She said “oh no you don’t have to worry about that they’re all natural!!” To which I replied “so is poison ivy but I wouldn’t suggest shoving it up your vagina.” She just looked kind of shocked. My sister laughed and my aunt said “well she has a point,” but other family members said that it was rude and crass. Which I didn’t think so because she’s the one who started talking about yeast infections at a family dinner certainly saying the word vagina is less crass than that.

quote:

Also thoughts and prayers to the few people in the comments saying they put tea tree oil and yogurt (??) in their vaginas lmao

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

An oldie, but glorious
I (28M) cosplayed and LARPed as Naruto to prove a point, now my girlfriend (25F) is pissed. Can this be saved?

quote:

My girlfriend (25F) and I (28M) have been together for five years now. She has always been highly into Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings, and high fantasy content in general. I am into it somewhat and enjoy indulging her hobbies, but am mostly an anime fan. On the other hand, she has no interest in indulging in my hobbies. While I play D&D with her, partake in a yearly LoTR movie marathon with her, and go to the renaissance festival three times a year with her, she has no interest in even trying to watch anime with me, going to conventions, etc. She honestly thinks anime is pretty cringy and would rather just let me partake in it by myself. That's fine, whatever.

Our relationship is good in most aspects. The issue is that starting around the beginning of the year, she has been going out in public dressed as her elf persona. She will wear elaborate medieval gowns, wear fake elf ears, and speak in a fake Irish accent. This will happen multiple times a week when we go shopping, visit friends, and more. She even showed up to dinner with my family dressed as an elf. She will talk about nature spirits and the "Mother Goddess'. and basically randomly LARP as an elf. While I want to be supportive of her, it can frankly get pretty embarrassing.

My tipping point was when I got on a Zoom call with family so we could spend time with my cousin who is undergoing chemo and can't see people face to face due to the pandemic. My girlfriend joined the Zoom call from her own room, fully dressed as an elf. She was doing the accent. My whole family was very confused but polite. At one point, my girlfriend said something like "I will send my wishes to the lunar goddess and ask for her blessing of recovery to cast upon you. Her magic will help cleanse the illness from your body." I was honestly mortified and the call ended very soon after. I ended up taking her aside and spoke with her very politely and gently, saying something like this. "Hey, I want to support you and I will always love you. I know dressing up as your character and fantasy stuff in general means a lot to you. But I would really like it if you could lighten up on the cosplaying and LARPing randomly in everyday life. I would be happy to put aside one day a month and we can go out together like this. But it can be a little embarrassing, and with the comment to my cousin, a little inappropriate at times."

She blew a gasket and started snapping and yelling at me. Going on about how I am trying to repress her. How I should NEVER be embarrassed at my girlfriend expressing her true self, etc, etc. She said she was humiliated by what I said and that it was just adding salt to the wound when I suggested just doing it once a month with me. She didn't want to talk about it after that so I just apologized for upsetting her and let her know it wasn't my intention to upset her. Well, she basically acted as nothing happened and continued to be an elf Nothing had changed at all. I should mention I also suggested she bring her habit up with her therapist, but this offended her because I was implying she had a mental issue.

I decided that enough was enough. I couldn't stop her from being an elf, but I could still retaliate. She was meeting up with three friends and wanted me to meet up with them. (Yeah, yeah, pandemic. There are virtually no cases where we are and have no lockdown). I decided to dig up my old Naruto cosplay and then drove to meet them at the park. I was in full getup and waved over to my girlfriend. She looked at me like I just shot her dog. I put my arms behind my back and Naruto ran as fast as I could down to meet them and said "A true ninja is always on time, BELIEVE IT!" And made some hand signs randomly with my hands. Her friends seemed horribly confused and had no idea what to do. After we walked and talked a bit. my girlfriend took me aside more privately and started yelling at me, saying that I was humiliating her. That I was just being petty and trying to get revenge on her and bully her because she likes to cosplay.

I simply told her that because she is comfortable enough to be her true self in public so often, I thought she could accept who I really am as well. I told her that cosplaying and being Naruto in daily life was something I had always wanted to do, but didn't think I would have a significant other that was okay with it. I told her that I realized I couldn't control her and be cruel, so I instead needed to embrace my inner ninja and become Naruto more often. I told her that she should be supportive of me like I am of her. She wanted to yell more, but we all had to go to a cafe for lunch. When we walked there, (only about ten minutes) we were talking about ourselves at the table. One of her female friends asked me hesitantly "So, what do you do for a living," On command, I responded with "I'm going to become Hokage! The strongest ninja that ever lived! I need to train even harder and refuse to lose to Sasuke, BELIEVE IT!" I then let them know I had to use the restroom and proceeded to Naruto run to the bathroom with my hands behind my back.

Once all of this was over and we were home for the day, my girlfriend sobbed and said I was humiliating her. How Naruto and anime were way, way cringier than fantasy LARPong and how I was obviously just trying to punish her. I insisted I am just being my true self and that she is a massive hypocrite. I let her know that as long as she is randomly allowed to be an elf in public and social situations with me, that is innately enough permission for me to do the same as Naruto. Well, it's been a few days now and she's really not happy with me. She went out as an elf the other day with me and I was dressed normally. When we got to the bookstore, I went to the bathroom with my backpack (which is normal for me to have) and changed into my Naruto cosplay before once again Naruto running back out to her saying "Let's go find a good bowl of ramen, believe it!" and making random hand signs. Well, she ended up walking out and hasn't talked to me since.

Here's where I think I might be the rear end in a top hat. I absolutely have no desire to be Naruto. it isn't my true self at all. I am lying about that and she is 100% right that I am doing this a revenge for her being an elf so often and refusing to compromise. I really am just doing this to make a point and I know I am being petty. Is this even salvageable? I had tried to bring this up a few times before cosplaying Naruto and really tried seeing if we could compromise. She refuses to not be an elf around my family and sees nothing wrong with how she acted in the Zoom call. She basically thought I was controlling and unhinged for suggesting she act like an elf less often. Now I am being petty in return and it's just kind of spiraling out of control.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

holy wall of text Batman!

e: lol, nvm, you edited it.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Mx. posted:

My [34F] husband [26M] told me he's considering a divorce and I don't know what to do

quote:

He says that he has evidence saved of all my "misdeeds" and will be gunning for full custody of our daughter. I begged and pleaded with him asking if we could try couples counseling, but he said the time for that is past and he needs to do what is best for our daughter. I told him that this was short-sighted and selfish because a child needs TWO parents in their household to grow up healthiest but he basically hung up the phone on me. I talked to his other sister (23F and the only member of his family that doesn't seem to hate me) and she seems to think he just needs some time and we can probably work this out, and thatl I should try some grand gesture. I've been thinking about taking him to his favorite restaurant and buying him whatever he wants, but this is kind of a no-go when I don't even know where he is. I've been in individual therapy for almost a decade but I feel like this is really setting me back. What else can I do to not become a divorcee?

I am desperate to know the thinking behind this attitude that you can win someone back by doing something nice for them instead of addressing the issues in the relationship. Usually it's bringing over gifts or praising someone and telling them how great they are and how much you like them, but I guess a thirty-dollar steak and some decent wine could seem like plausible relationship-rebuilders as well. Maybe the sister secretly hates this woman and gave her bad advice on purpose.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

trickybiscuits posted:

I am desperate to know the thinking behind this attitude that you can win someone back by doing something nice for them instead of addressing the issues in the relationship. Usually it's bringing over gifts or praising someone and telling them how great they are and how much you like them, but I guess a thirty-dollar steak and some decent wine could seem like plausible relationship-rebuilders as well. Maybe the sister secretly hates this woman and gave her bad advice on purpose.

Your relationship with other people is points based, and you can always make up for lowering the points one way by raising them another way. :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I worked with a gay guy years ago that was a proud Republican and against same-sex marriage. I always wondered how he didn’t walk around with a constant crippling migraine.

Because he wasn't personally suffering and money is more important than those who are.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

trickybiscuits posted:

I feel like some of it is rom-com poisoning and some of it is denial that they messed up to this degree tbh

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I was on two international flights late last year and babies cried most of the way both ways, as the aircraft was cruising. Also the parents used the fact that kids under 4 or 2 or whatever didn't need to have masks as an excuse to also not wear masks.

I can’t tell if this is supposed to be an argument against infants traveling or not. If you decided to travel internationally during a pandemic, presumably you had a good reason to do so. I’d imagine those parents also had a good reason to be taking kids on an airplane, because as a parent I can’t think of many things that are a more miserable experience than trying to shepherd my kids through an airport and then trying to keep them occupied and mostly quiet for several hours.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
e: gently caress it, never mind

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 28, 2022

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Metis of the Hallways posted:

So she can't change her mind, is what you're saying?

Change your mind all you want. Sometimes it makes you an rear end in a top hat to do so, especially when it relates to something you had already promised. If she cared so much about the name thing, the proper time to bring it up would have been when she agreed to do something that was important to him. To me it is petty nonsense that doesn't matter, but one person's trivial nonsense is another person's ENTIRE MEANING, like when idiot spouses chuck heirlooms in the trash because of course a stupid ratty blanket doesn't matter at all despite their spouse specifically telling them not to throw it away.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

First, it shows that your statement about when babies cry on planes is false, and it also shows that parents repeatedly show poor judgment about the safety of their children and those around them. Maybe those two are connected. Are you a parent?
Yes, I am a parent.
I said mostly, and that has been my experience with both my kids and observing other people’s kids on flights. I don’t know how safety comes into it though because we aren’t really discussing safety, we are discussing if it’s a bad thing to bring kids on flights. Buy you sound like the typical adult male westerner that begrudges children their existence as soon as it becomes annoying or inconvenient to you personally. Children exist, and sometimes they cry. They are members of society and deserve to exist and occupy spaces in the same way that you do. The mindset that they don’t belong on public transportation is really lovely.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

lol at people whining about kids crying on the plane. Yeah it sucks but whatever, put your headphones on and adult your way through it. I'm fairly sure the kid's not enjoying the trip either.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkOguZfNJUo

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA For not paying my client after he made rude comments to me?

quote:

I (23 M) work in a client-servicing firm that does financial operations for several companies. I have been at this job for two years. Some important background is that there are some problems I have with this job and I am contemplating leaving for a different role.

My manager is very nice and trusts me to work with clients alone as I have proven myself in the past. In the last 6 months, we have a new client that I was assigned to. Initially, the client seemed really chill but as time wore on, they became problematic and very demanding. My manager sympathized with me and told me he understood they are difficult, but to try to work with them and let him know if there was anything unreasonable they wanted.

So I tried my best to handle them, but a lot of their demands continued to be unreasonable. Last week, I got pulled into a meeting with the client, one on one. It was a vice president from the company and he told me he was not satisfied with our performance. Then he made a rude comment and said "I get the impression that you do not know what you are doing, and maybe soon we won't be needing your services."

This pissed me off because we have been bending over backwards for the client and they get combative when we try to explain why some of their requests/demands are unreasonable.

Obviously I did not insult him or get defensive. I just nodded, apologized. So the call ended and I was fuming for days over this. I made a vow that since I am leaving my job, and the client doesn't want our services, I just won't provide them.

A few days go by, and I do absolutely zero work for them because I was offended by his comment. It is important to note that we also handle all payroll for them. Yesterday, I received an email from their payroll software informing me I needed to approve payroll for all 30 employees at their company. I ignored it.

So as it stands right now, all 30 employees will not be getting paid if our services aren't needed and if I don't know what I am doing.

Yes, it sucks that 30 people will not get paid on time, but at the same time you should treat people with respect. I just want to get some perspective on here.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Halloween Jack posted:

I had a Professor Hazard.

We had a Guzler in highschool. It was pronounced more like 'Gooz-Lair' but no one knew that until it was corrected. He wanted to join the Navy. I have no idea if he ended up doing so, but if he did then he would have been Seaman Guzler.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Evil Willow posted:

that'll show him you dont know how to do your job

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So if I'm reading this right they're not processing payroll for 29 people who have nothing to do with this just to spite one dick at the organization

In this case yes the rear end in a top hat. If it was something like they didn't turn in some form they needed to it's still kind of a dumb dick move but it doesn't necessarily hurt people who aren't involved in this petty feud

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

Yes, I am a parent.
I said mostly, and that has been my experience with both my kids and observing other people’s kids on flights. I don’t know how safety comes into it though because we aren’t really discussing safety, we are discussing if it’s a bad thing to bring kids on flights. Buy you sound like the typical adult male westerner that begrudges children their existence as soon as it becomes annoying or inconvenient to you personally. Children exist, and sometimes they cry. They are members of society and deserve to exist and occupy spaces in the same way that you do. The mindset that they don’t belong on public transportation is really lovely.

I think it's theoretically possible for it to be fine to bring kids on flights, but from my limited experience flying during the pandemic (one domestic and one international each way) I have not seen a single parent do so in a responsible fashion. The crying is just annoying, and you shouldn't lie about how annoying it is, which you did, but the irresponsibility is remarkable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

Huge rear end in a top hat as has been already pointed out.

Like just don’t approve the payroll for the one dickhead or whatever but fuckin over everyone else is a real bad move.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Arsenic Lupin posted:

An oldie, but glorious
I (28M) cosplayed and LARPed as Naruto to prove a point, now my girlfriend (25F) is pissed. Can this be saved?
I really hope they stayed together, because after reading all that I really don’t want either one of them to be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think it's theoretically possible for it to be fine to bring kids on flights, but from my limited experience flying during the pandemic (one domestic and one international each way) I have not seen a single parent do so in a responsible fashion. The crying is just annoying, and you shouldn't lie about how annoying it is, which you did, but the irresponsibility is remarkable.

Do you expect them to charter private planes or what the gently caress lol.