Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
stage 6 is a goddamn nightmare. I can reliably clear 1-5 now with 1 or on one lucky try, no continues because the scores to get extra lives are generous. Stage 6 is super long, and I can barely get to the midboss without wasting all my extra credits lol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Booted up for the first time, got through stage 1 without using any continues but stage 2 is kicking my rear end lol. I'm not good at shmups

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Not sure if this is legal but you can stack up lives and credits on easy and carry them through when it loops back to stage one normal.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
HIGHLY ILLEGAL !!

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Bicyclops posted:

they obviously meant they were doing an easy run to learn the game, to prepare for the actual challenge of a no continue normal run. they even say that there are points where their strategy won't carry over.

Yep. I'm not stopping at easy. What do you take me for....

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I literally do not understand how to beat the last bosses gimmick!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Have you tried attacking the weak point for massive damage OP?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
cool, just realized why you don't want to have missile and regular attack mapped to the same button lmao... you'll see

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

cool, just realized why you don't want to have missile and regular attack mapped to the same button lmao... you'll see

:sweatdrop:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

that seems too risky, i was trying that and they just cover too much space and the mace cant do damage quick enough to make it safe. it seems crazy to use the 3rd tier missile but maybe ill have to...

yeah honestly it's like 90% dumb luck. TLD's missile strategy is way better

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Trying to do a little a day, the fifth boss is a fuckin wall. lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Figured out the trick and I just beat Axelay on Normal with 1 life left but I got 2 lives by beating the last boss and then they push you into hard mode

Final Score:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
If I played all week I might be able to 1CC this, but I won't, because I didn't like it very much.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

If I played all week I might be able to 1CC this, but I won't, because I didn't like it very much.

lol

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
this is gonna take a while lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

how am I getting worse at this loving game lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

accidentally read the thread title as Anxiety (SNES) and have decided i'm definitely skipping this week.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

accidentally read the thread title as Anxiety (SNES) and have decided i'm definitely skipping this week.

you could just play it once or twice for an idea of the game and join in on the conversation, who cares about the trophies lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

how am I getting worse at this loving game lol

this happens to me all the time with games, I usually grab a pillow and scream into it and then get back to it lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

this happens to me all the time with games, I usually grab a pillow and scream into it and then get back to it lmao

Yea I'm doing better now, in the final gauntlet I think. 5th boss is a chump when you can finally read his attacks.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yea I'm doing better now, in the final gauntlet I think. 5th boss is a chump when you can finally read his attacks.

don't map both weapns to one button I hope lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

don't map both weapns to one button I hope lol

No offense but I knew that was a noob move from the beginning... never give up control for convenience. A gamer's principle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJiQhXq_aGM

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Joan posted:

No offense but I knew that was a noob move from the beginning... never give up control for convenience. A gamer's principle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEIbJ9NFjU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hes right update the megaman up n downs

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
"It's a whiny civilian...its a chick...no wonder"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

3½ hours lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
did i map the controls wrong or do diagonals completely gently caress you up

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

heehee posted:

did i map the controls wrong or do diagonals completely gently caress you up

my controller was not liking the game for whatever reason and diagonals would make my guy stop moving. I started using keyboard controls

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

works fine on my snes

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i did have to map the diagonals manually after dying like 5 times in a row at the start but they work fine now. lovely ps3 controller.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I think this game is ugly.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i think it is not.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i think it looks great a lot of the time. stage 4 in particular is beautiful

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Everything looks a lot darker and less colourful than I think it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
my experience with shmups is touhou games and they have deliberately uninteresting background art because the focus is on dodging poo poo and you don't wanna get distracted. the background art is pretty interesting in axelay so i'm blaming the art for me being bad basically.