Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Powershift posted:

yeah, V2. they last 2-3 minutes but there are cars flowing. rarer stuff barely moves.
I did see one up for 20M after your post.

Maybe some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I have 2 Hoonicorns, where the hell did I get the second from? I didn’t buy it.

Also the trial this week was really easy. I used an off-road tuned Dodge Challenger I threw together in the first week of the game and came 1st/2nd/1st.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 28, 2022

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Word of warning: the Caldera Scramble race in the dirt racing seasonal championship is four laps, not three like usual. Let off the throttle and bashed into the wall before I realized.

Also: for the challenge to win a Horizon Open event, go for Playground Games. Won two in a row just to be sure (Infected and Flag Rush); the people actually racing in Open are murderers.

The Midniter fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 28, 2022

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Speaking of Flag Rush: is it completely broken? I've been in a couple games where the defenders just parked on the flag and it was literally impossible to pick up a flag.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Then slam them out of the way?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Lawen posted:

Speaking of Flag Rush: is it completely broken? I've been in a couple games where the defenders just parked on the flag and it was literally impossible to pick up a flag.

You don't have to hit the flag to pick it up, just drive "close" to it. When the enemy team does this it is an automatic lose for them since you can just drive around for a bit until you get the flag and then score a goal. I've seen this a bunch of times and never ever lost to it, it is frustrating for sure but easily beaten. Maybe there is some map where 6 players can completely cover the flag but I have never seen that myself.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

weird behavior, running someone down and then spamming "denied" as a defender is one of the few joys of doing playground games

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
playgrounds are so stupid with Unlimited Offroad, the Benz is clearly a Truck and shouldn't be near the playgrounds

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Man, the 2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT punches way above its weight class. Even bone stock it runs away from the pack and unlike a lot of RWD doesn't get all loose in the back end

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Another easy Trials, that was disappointing. I took someone's advice and used the Donkevoort or whatever it's called and slapped some rally tires and suspension on it. It wasn't the best car or the fastest tune since I took third both races behind two human players, but at least I beat all the AIs. And we literally slapped them around, both races were like 400 to 2,800

I'm pretty sure this is because the AI was literally just given random S2 cards with no accounting for the fact that these were dirt tracks. So of course they couldn't keep up!

barnold posted:

I'll give it a shot!

Just curious - how many cars do you own currently? I don't feel like I've bought that many cars other than a bunch of cheap ones, but I'm curious how the size of my garage stacks up to people who have loads of cash

I think it's like, high 400s low 500s area. Maybe like 515 or something

Powershift posted:

I just checked and there are 3 hoonicorns there for $20m a piece, bargain.

84 Hondas go for $20m now and i have 7 left. there are enough in the auction house that i might be able to get them to people for $22k.
Italdesigns go for $15,736. I have 3 but the minimum price i can set is 1.32m
Aventador Js go for $9,117,000 but are still on their way up. I have 10 but the minimum price i can set is 1.485m
575Ms go for 7.8m on their way up, i have 2 i can list for 138k but they would almost certainly get sniped by macrobros
Raesrs go for $6,554,000, i have 7, the lowest price i can set is $580k
Deloreans still only go for 1.8m but are slowly on their way up. There were so many bought/distributed with the bug at launch that i don't think they'll ever get over 5m. I still i can list them for $8000 if someone needs a starter boost.

If anybody needs any of these or need a cash boost i can try to get one to you.

There are so few people earning the newer cars, so even fewer selling them that it's not even worth the time trying to win more in the auctions. There are only 526k times in the monthly rivals which is pretty sad out of 16m players.

I probably shouldn't because I'm not exactly a new player, just a poor one. Compared to you at least. But how would you arrange this? Through the discord then make a listing with a buyout and hope no one else gets to it first?

The fact that you can't easily just give a car to a friend is kind of loving annoying.

Powershift posted:

The hoonicorn v2 goes to 8 and the Peel trident goes to 9

I picked up the Peel somewhere, and it sounds like exactly my kind of dumb to kit that thing out to S2 or however high it will go and just get stupid

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Play posted:

I probably shouldn't because I'm not exactly a new player, just a poor one. Compared to you at least. But how would you arrange this? Through the discord then make a listing with a buyout and hope no one else gets to it first?

The fact that you can't easily just give a car to a friend is kind of loving annoying.

yeah, you get ready to search my name in the auctions, i list at 6 hours to put it in the middle of the list and you buy out as quick as you can. There aren't many hondas to hide it right now but i should be able to get a couple italdesigns.

is there a list for the discord?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Powershift posted:

yeah, you get ready to search my name in the auctions, i list at 6 hours to put it in the middle of the list and you buy out as quick as you can. There aren't many hondas to hide it right now but i should be able to get a couple italdesigns.

is there a list for the discord?

barnold, powershift is your new benefactor hit him up!!

but what do you mean by a list for the discord? I don't use discord often, is it still busy in there?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i mean link for the discord. autocorrect is a ducking pain in the ash

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://discord.gg/485A8ns7

i think that works im kinda bad at discord

also i wanted to complain about the fact that the seasonal championships don't let you raise the difficulty, highly skilled is an absolute joke. for a savant like me anyways

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Any tips for the weekly speed trap challenge with the 2014 Golf R? It's got a 663 PI to start and you can raise it to 700. No matter what I spend it on though I can only get to 121 mph out of the required 128 mph. There are three possible approaches to the speed camera but the only practical one seems to be from the ramp leaving the Horizon outpost, which gives you the most opportunity to accelerate.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Any tips for the weekly speed trap challenge with the 2014 Golf R? It's got a 663 PI to start and you can raise it to 700. No matter what I spend it on though I can only get to 121 mph out of the required 128 mph. There are three possible approaches to the speed camera but the only practical one seems to be from the ramp leaving the Horizon outpost, which gives you the most opportunity to accelerate.

From earlier in the thread:

The Midniter posted:

I pumped as much horsepower as I could into the Golf (440 total I think?), backed allllll the way up the nearby Danger Sign ramp to the very edge, then just let loose down the hill straight as an arrow. It was barely enough, but it was enough.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also you can do from the other side with a downloaded tune, you just gotta aim to just barely make it and fall into the canyon

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Downloaded tunes. The first one in the list is usually called something like "EZ Seasonal" and it is just that.
And I did it from the outpost, start perpendicular to the danger sign a bit back then accelerate, turn left and just floor it. It was very easy with the downloaded tune.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 29, 2022

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

You can also start completely around the corner, on the small circular dirt road area near the ramp. Faster than starting on the ramp itself!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah it was really easy with a seasonal tune (probably could do it manually too) and starting on the long stretch of road to the west/south I guess. The corner isn't too bad, you can just take it a little early and maintain your speed so you don't yeet yourself down the canyon, but that's nothing some rewinds can't fix

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I didn't use a tune, I just threw a bunch of power in the car and started on the long road to the west. The final turn before the trap is tough, but there's lots of room to cut over the grass and through the trees so you can maintain speed. Took a few rewinds to get it right

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I used a tune from "seeanu" iirc and nailed it but something in the game glitched and it kept saying I was 1 mph off despite going 10+ over until I restarted it

Then of course it did the other glitch where the PI was miscalculated as +1 but it worked out eventually

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I also tuned it myself and then hooned down the road from the west. The last turn is real wide and you can get a good cut. Took a couple tried but when I cleared it, it was by like 8mph.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Stupid FH4 question: do you have to have an Xbox live/gold/whatever it is membership to play online, if you're on PC? I recently suspended my Xbox membership because I don't play online in basically anything (lol kids), but ever since then I don't seem to be able to connect FH4 to the servers. I do have my game linked to my Xbox account but I had thought that was just for achievements and stuff.

Google, sadly, isn't much help with this question.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

You definitely should still be able to play online on PC as long as you bought the game and aren't playing the gamepass version or whatever.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
For the series 4 update some of the things that are fixed are shorter load times on PC when running at uncapped framerates and LOD distance for ultra settings.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I hope they fixed the "my entire computer crashes, loses its OC settings, and needs to be rebooted in safe mode when I try to paint my car" bug caused by the new NVidia drivers.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I love Horizon but I hope they burn this engine to the ground and make a new one for FH6. What a piece of crap.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Some people did answer but I didn't do anything special or make a special tune, unlike them. I took a random tune that wasn't specifically geared towards speed.

I tried starting on the ramp several times but was just hair short, so I started on the road next to it which turns left if you are going down the hill and then goes straight down it. If you start like 20 feet up that road it'll give you that tiny bit more time you need to get up to a higher speed and should make it pretty easy.

Albino Squirrel posted:

Stupid FH4 question: do you have to have an Xbox live/gold/whatever it is membership to play online, if you're on PC? I recently suspended my Xbox membership because I don't play online in basically anything (lol kids), but ever since then I don't seem to be able to connect FH4 to the servers. I do have my game linked to my Xbox account but I had thought that was just for achievements and stuff.

Google, sadly, isn't much help with this question.

Steam version has all the same features as the xbox/windows store version.

GolfHole posted:

I hope they fixed the "my entire computer crashes, loses its OC settings, and needs to be rebooted in safe mode when I try to paint my car" bug caused by the new NVidia drivers.

I'd like it if they got rid of the need to 'optimize for your PC' every loving time it starts up. It's like man, my PC hasn't changed from last time it is still optimized. It's annoying.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Play posted:

I'd like it if they got rid of the need to 'optimize for your PC' every loving time it starts up. It's like man, my PC hasn't changed from last time it is still optimized. It's annoying.

It only does that if the game updates or your graphics driver updates. I’m pretty sure it’s just recompiling shaders, which may be annoying but provides a smooth experience once you’re in game. If it was compiling shaders on the fly you’d see a lot of stuttering or freezing during gameplay.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

It only does that if the game updates or your graphics driver updates. I’m pretty sure it’s just recompiling shaders, which may be annoying but provides a smooth experience once you’re in game. If it was compiling shaders on the fly you’d see a lot of stuttering or freezing during gameplay.

Something weird is going on then because it definitely does it every single time. Even if I log out and log straight back in again.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

GolfHole posted:

I love Horizon but I hope they burn this engine to the ground and make a new one for FH6. What a piece of crap.

Works perfectly on Xbox :smug:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Play posted:

Something weird is going on then because it definitely does it every single time. Even if I log out and log straight back in again.

that is weird, try running it as an admin once, might be a file permissions issue

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

does this game still hate fanatec wheels to the point where it just crashes and burns after 3 mins of being connected to such an awesome wheel?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Last I saw (January 11):

quote:

Wheels - We’re investigating numerous issues around wheel support in Forza Horizon 5, especially for the PC version. These include a crash when closing pop ups or Wheelspins with a Fanatec wheel, missing wheel mapping on the Hori Force Feedback wheel and a lack of rumble functionality that is separate to force-feedback.

We’re also looking into why the handbrake for Thrustmaster and Fanatec models does not work consistently for some users, as well as a specific Logitech wheel issue in which there is no longer any force feedback produced after suspending the title.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There are some wheel related fixes in this week's patch.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Oh, good news re: Hoonicorn v2 chat, it's going to be the second car unlock for the Summer season coming up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FFT posted:

Oh, good news re: Hoonicorn v2 chat, it's going to be the second car unlock for the Summer season coming up.

The new cars are the easier car to earn as well, with the higher point car being an already available car.

Hope the wuling sunshine can at least hit S900

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gonna drive the hell outta that new minivan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If anyone has one of those nail polish codes and can't use it (because of the steam version for example), I'd love to take it off your hands: https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/4/22866727/xbox-opi-halo-infinite-forza-horizon-5-nail-polish-dlc-news-announcement