Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It's a kid's show so the Diviner guy will be shown to have a legitimate beef, but it was all a tragic misunderstanding. He will deny it at first but when presented with a true moral conundrum he wavers, and robot Jimmi Simpson will go the 'logical' thing and kill the Diviner and become the antagonist.

It's a kid's show but it's decent enough that I'll watch it because it's Star Trek. I would not watch it if it weren't Star Trek and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wasn't a Trek fan, unless I was in the very unusual position of talking to someone who was between 8 and 12 years old and for some reason wanted to know if I knew of anything on TV that was aimed at their level but was not absolute trash. "Yeah, there's this one show that's more aimed at you than me that I still actually watch because it's not that bad."

I totally suspect there are better shows aimed at kids out there. That's fine, I'm not looking to make watching other shows like this a regular activity. I don't give a poo poo about clone wars and I probably never will. But yeah, yeah, I guess I do watch a kid's show. I almost wish I were old enough/wise enough/perhaps oblivious enough that I didn't care what that said about me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ashpanash posted:

I totally suspect there are better shows aimed at kids out there. That's fine, I'm not looking to make watching other shows like this a regular activity. I don't give a poo poo about clone wars and I probably never will. But yeah, yeah, I guess I do watch a kid's show. I almost wish I were old enough/wise enough/perhaps oblivious enough that I didn't care what that said about me.

:ok:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At this point, I'm starting to suspect, hell I've suspected for a while now, that the twist is going to be the Diviner is Chakotay somehow and we're Star Trek Beyond'ing this poo poo.

Also that was a real dick place to drop that cliffhanger. I can't believe I gotta wait another week now to see how this turns out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They could at least do a ‘To Be Continued’ card rather than just ending.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

At this point, I'm starting to suspect, hell I've suspected for a while now, that the twist is going to be the Diviner is Chakotay somehow and we're Star Trek Beyond'ing this poo poo.

Also that was a real dick place to drop that cliffhanger. I can't believe I gotta wait another week now to see how this turns out.

I thought about this too, but I suspect it's going to be a little more mundane. My current theory is: Starfleet was doing something and accidentally destabilized the star of the Diviner's home planet, which is why he hates them so much. Potentially whatever Starfleet was doing involved the Protostar core, and also the core might be the key to re-stabilizing his home star.
To wrap it all up neatly and also avoid showing a planetary genocide on a kid's show, his race was able to go into stasis or cryosleep or whatever, but they can't wake up until their star is going again.
They could also work in the reason why he needs that life-support equipment and appears so frail a lot of the time.

VVVVV I think so, Janeway's had a command red stripe on it when she changed hers to match

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 28, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really like the sense of dread that going back to Tars Lamora invoked. None of them want to go back there, which is a really good motivation to work out a solid plan.

I didn’t think they’d get them in uniform so soon, but it was good to see. I’m guessing those are cadet uniforms, which is why no colours.

I do hope we get out from the Diviner storyline at some point and he’s not the villain for the entire series.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Binary Badger posted:

the season finale is next week and I can't wait.

Aw, poo poo. I was thinking there were three more eps left but that's disco. Oh well better to find out this way than have it unexpectedly end next week.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

They could at least do a ‘To Be Continued’ card rather than just ending.

The real dick move would be to put up a "Not To Be Continued" card.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

dr_rat posted:

The real dick move would be to put up a "Not To Be Continued" card.

Prodigy died on the way back to its home planet

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Epicurius posted:

It raises an interesting question about the value of a historical artifact if you have a technology that can duplicate it precisely. What sort of intangible value does the original have over the copies? Does it at all? Does it matter? And in a society where that technology is in common use, do people's attitudes change?

Look at any photograph or work of art. If you could duplicate exactly the first tiny dot of color, and then the next and the next, you would end with a perfect copy of the whole, indistinguishable from the original in every way, including the so-called "moral value" of the art itself. Nothing can transcend its smallest elements.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

Prodigy died on the way back to its home planet

“The Protostar never returned home.”

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mooseontheloose posted:

Look at any photograph or work of art. If you could duplicate exactly the first tiny dot of color, and then the next and the next, you would end with a perfect copy of the whole, indistinguishable from the original in every way, including the so-called "moral value" of the art itself. Nothing can transcend its smallest elements.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

somebody better tell this Nwabudike dude about NFTs

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

This is stuff from Season 3. So it looks like it's going to be a lot more explicitly Starfleet-focused than 1 and 2. Maybe Picard gets reinstated at the end of Season 2?

Admiral Picard scuttling around doing diplomacy and following up on first contact situations would be absolutely amazing, tbh.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just think, if Rat Boy hadn't dropped the murderbot's head and set off the hologram, they might never have seen the message from the Diviner and he would have killed all those miners.

Or if they'd just tossed it out the airlock.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

ashpanash posted:

But yeah, yeah, I guess I do watch a kid's show. I almost wish I were old enough/wise enough/perhaps oblivious enough that I didn't care what that said about me.

You should be less hard on yourself for the things you enjoy. :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Motivational poster time

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

My Second Re-Reg posted:

You should be less hard on yourself for the things you enjoy. :(

I am absolutely 100% fine watching cartoons and kids shows and silly, fluffy comedies in my spare time because life is a nightmare right now and I don't feel like having that carry over into my entertainment.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just think, if Rat Boy hadn't dropped the murderbot's head and set off the hologram, they might never have seen the message from the Diviner and he would have killed all those miners.

Or if they'd just tossed it out the airlock.

Nah, I think if the deadline had passed without the Protostar showing up the Diviner would have been like "Send another head."

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm going to pick 1 tiny nit and say that after the contempt Diviner showed for Starfleet, you'd think he would have eliminated the combadge from Goth Janeway Reboot

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Phylodox posted:

I am absolutely 100% fine watching cartoons and kids shows and silly, fluffy comedies in my spare time because life is a nightmare right now and I don't feel like having that carry over into my entertainment.

Honestly we’re in desperate need of some weird hopeful nonsense, which is what Trek should be. And I’m happy LDS and Prodigy are carrying that torch. But Disco should have been that, and we’re just getting Hopeful ® (Now with more Family ®).

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm going to pick 1 tiny nit and say that after the contempt Diviner showed for Starfleet, you'd think he would have eliminated the combadge from Goth Janeway Reboot

This bugged me too, I was also looking to see if she had an "evil" combadge but it didn't look like it. This week had the buff Mirror Universe Janeway pop up on Star Trek Online so was also disappointed she wasn't sleeveless even though the evil uniform looks cool

https://twitter.com/vagina_museum/status/1487063667384459264

I also want a Salamander kid among the miners

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tars Tarkas posted:

This bugged me too, I was also looking to see if she had an "evil" combadge but it didn't look like it. This week had the buff Mirror Universe Janeway pop up on Star Trek Online so was also disappointed she wasn't sleeveless even though the evil uniform looks cool

[Read 42 replies]

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

MariusLecter posted:

[Read 42 replies]

Actually, I will not be doing that.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Also, its now 64 replies and about ~1000 likes.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Tars Tarkas posted:

There's nothing in the episode that says they're salamanders or amphibian-like. That's just inferred by show watchers from the appearance. The show only mentions something like a new possible human evolution, that the things have human DNA, and the Doctor says he removed the "mutant DNA". Whales and dolphins swim. Other critters than newts have feathery head appendanges.

Paris and Janeway absolutely could have hosed the hell out of each other.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

MillennialVulcan posted:

There's nothing in the episode that says they're salamanders or amphibian-like. That's just inferred by show watchers from the appearance. The show only mentions something like a new possible human evolution, that the things have human DNA, and the Doctor says he removed the "mutant DNA". Whales and dolphins swim. Other critters than newts have feathery head appendanges.

Paris and Janeway absolutely could have hosed the hell out of each other.

Ugh

Peachfart posted:

Actually, I will not be doing that.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

The Chairman posted:

at least Picard S2 is going to be fun to look at, if not watch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Seven's outfit is baller

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Seven's outfit is baller

Everyone's look in Season 2 of Picard has been fly as gently caress so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YOU'VE CAPTURED THEIR STUNT DOUBLES

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ndrz0hkmk8

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

Everyone's look in Season 2 of Picard has been fly as gently caress so far.

Picard's boots look bad imo but otherwise yeah i agree

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Aging new wave band

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

2000s xmen costume person at work

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

2000s xmen costume person at work

Their set dresser as well

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

When the singers from Europe's top 4 symphonic power metal bands get together

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

skasion posted:

Aging new wave band

Lmao I was gonna say, New Order circa now.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Did they decide that Picard needed to be further away from Seven and someone failed at the Photoshop?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They want to speak to your manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nullsmack posted:

Did they decide that Picard needed to be further away from Seven and someone failed at the Photoshop?

Sliver of Arm is the best Picard season 1 character but still can't blame you for forgetting them.